- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fethiye, Turkey
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 235,000 Tax Paid (US$ 292,293)
Very well sorted blue water cruising yacht that has been prepared to cross oceans but her owners' plans have changed.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Dick Zall & Georg Nissen
LOA: 48 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 11 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 20000 kgs
Total Power: 84 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JHM-UTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 84 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
WULLIE WAUGHT is a great example of her class. She is totally ready for blue water cruising having benefitted from a series of experienced owners who wanted to cruise blue water. With her great build quality from Contest she is ready for many more adventures. She is equally at home in either warm or cold water. There are few 48 footers that have such a comprehensive and recent inventory including full air conditioning, 8KVA generator, electric loos, bimini, full safety gear, electric furling on the genoa together with electric winches, new standing rigging, new batteries, hydraulic passerelle, in boom furling and up to date electronics. She offers very comfortable 7 seas sailing. She has been fully serviced and prepared for the new season and is gleaming.
This Contest 48 DS was bought to complete a world trip, starting with the ARC and then into the Pacific. Unfortunately, health intervened and this has had to be abandoned. The yacht is in first class condition and has been maintained and upgraded regardless of cost.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Polyester hull sandwich construction.
- Manufactured to Lloyds specifications.
- Superstructure FRP sandwich.
- Laid teak decks.
- Topsides polished and antifouled with 2 coats of Micron 77
Keel & Rudder:
- Fixed lace-piece with semi balanced rudder, together in streamline profile.
- GRP moulded onto stainless steel rudder stock.
- Rudder bearings checked April 2016
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4-cylinder 84hp diesel engine.
- Kanzaki (model KM4A 2.63) reduction gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine lifted out and rebuilt in June 2012.
- Engine last serviced on April 2016 including new inlet valve
- All seacocks serviced 2016
- Cruising Speed: Approx. 6 knots @ 2,000 revs.
- Maximum Speed: 7.5 knots @ 2,400 revs.
- Fuel Consumption at Cruising Speed: 3 to 4 litres per hour.
- Range at Cruising Speed: Approx. 850 miles.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Volvo 4-bladed folding propeller attached to stainless steel shaft (28/03/2012). New shaft bearings and stern seal, and propeller removed and polished (2016).
- Weed/rope cutter fitted.
- Whitlock pedestal with solid link steering system.
- Stainless steel wheel with brake.
- Side power DC electric bow thruster with twin propellers serviced 2016.
- 12v DC system with battery isolation switches.
- Circuit breaker protection.
- 24v domestic system with 220/110AC ring main from generator and shore power.
- 8 x 105 amp Domestic batteries, 2 x engine starting batteries (2016) and 1 x generator battery (2016).
- All batteries new in July 2013.
- 12v DC charging from 2 x 80 amp engine driven alternators.
- Centaur 12v: 40 amp battery charger.
- DBK MSI 2000 power invertor, 12v DC to 230v AC.
- Adverc battery management system.
- DC circuit protection with heavy duty fuses.
- Galvanic isolator fitted.
- 2 x 80 amp engine driven alternators.
- Mastervolt Whisper 8 kva 230v 50Hz 28 a single phase generator.
- Last serviced April 2016.
- Shore power with lead and deck socket inverter.
- Galvanic isolator fitted.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Boiler, hot water calorifier. Heated from main engine and 220v AC.
- Immersion element.
- Boiler (June 2013).
- 3 x Automatic electrical pumps in accommodation.
- 1 x Automatic electrical in engine room.
- 1 x Portable electrical pump.
- 1 x Hand held pump below.
- 1 x Hand pump in cockpit.
- Total capacity of 580 litres.
- Total capacity of 750 litres in 2 x tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 45 litres.
- Black water tanks for both heads.
- Grey tank for galley.
- All overhauled 2016
- Simrad A150 AIS.
- B&G 5 Triton display units above companion way entrance.
- Suunto Compass.
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch Chart Plotter new June 2012.
- B&G Triton Repeater.
- Raymarine Smart ST 6002 Auto Pilot.
- Icom VHF.
- Bow thruster and Anchor may be operated from wheel pedestal.
- B&G Zeus Touch Chart Plotter.
- B&G Triton repeater unit.
- Furuno 1832 Radar.
- Seame Active Radar transponder.
- 2 x Furuno GP-32 GPS Units.
- McMurdo ICS Nav6 Navtex.
- Icom VHF Handset Command.
- Flexible Night light.
- Electrical Panel.
- B&G Chart Plotter and instrumentation new July 2014
- Hand Held VHF.
- Stainless Steel Force 10 Lockable gimballed marine cooker.
- 3 burners with thermocouple flame failure protection.
- Oven and grill.
- Dedicated cover for cooker.
- Dedicated deck gas locker with overboard drain.
- LPG fuel (blue) with manual gas shut off valve at galley.
- Top opening freezer.
- Cabinet fridge.
- Electric operated water tap.
- 3 in line water filters when filling up.
- Manual filtered water tap, filter under sink.
- Two circular sinks with tops.
- 2 x Jabsco quiet flush electric marine heads. Both have holding tanks.
- 2 x Electric showers with electric discharge.
- Hot and cold deck shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 3 reverse cycle self-contained air conditioning units. Installed in Owners Cabin, Forward Cabin and Saloon.
- Each Cabin has 2 x Caframo 12 volt, two speed fans.
- 6 large Gebo deck hatches throughout.
- Side opening port windows.
- All hatches and port lights have solid fly net covers.
- Solid fly net cover for hatchway entrance.
- Sony LCD Television in Saloon with AVI player.
- CD Radio and Tape cassette in Saloon. Two speakers.
- CD Radio and Tape cassette in aft cabin with two speakers.
- 2 speakers in cockpit.
- All deck head lights and wall lights are fitted with LED bulbs.
- Deck head lights throughout
- Two wall mounted lights in Saloon.
- Four wall mounted in Aft Cabin.
- Two in Forward cabin and two in mid ships cabin.
- Optronics blue beam spot/signal lamp.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 3 cabin layout with an owners’ large en-suite stateroom aft, ahead of the mains saloon is an upper and lower berth cabin, with a generous guest double cabin forward.
- Guest heads opposite the upper and lower berth cabin.
- Beige headlining throughout.
- Saloon with soft checked covering material upholstery.
- All seating through the yacht has the same checked materiel as Saloon.
- All ports with beige curtains.
- The interior is executed in teak with teak and holly soleboards
Description of layout from forwards:
- Large v-berth with infill to create a comfortable double berth. There is good stowage beneath the berth and a large hanging locker, cupboard with shelves and further stowage, together with a seat and vanity unit.
Starboard Bunk Cabin:
- Twin bunks with hanging locker stowage at the forward end and further stowage in lockers and cupboards.
- Electrically operated marine heads, basin with pressurised hot and cold water supply and a combined shower stall with dedicated hot and cold shower which has a teak grating. Cupboard and mirror.
- U-shaped settee to starboard with stowage beneath, outboard and above, and a large dining table. There are various good stowage lockers throughout the area.
- Forward facing chart table to port with chart stowage beneath. There is lots of space for navigation instruments and the AC/DC panel is situated here. There is stowage beneath chart table seat and lockers for pilot books as well as a wet hanging locker forward of chart seat.
- Linear galley to port in the walk through to aft cabin with an L-shaped counter at forward end. Twin stainless steel sinks, each with covers to give additional preparation space and a gimballed gas stove with cover. There is a top opening freezer and front opening 12vDC fridge. The galley comes with ample stowage in lockers, cupboards, drawers and shelves and there is access to the engine space inboard.
- Large centerline double berth with hanging lockers to starboard.. All the other cupboards have shelving. Thee is seating to port and starboard and extensive further stowage in lockers, cupboards, drawers and shelve and access to the en-suite heads.
- Electrically operated marine heads. Basin with pressurised hot and cold water supply and with cupboards and a mirror. Dedicated shower cubicle with thermostatic hot and cold water supply and teak gratings.
- Profurl genoa controls.
- Masthead Cutter Rig.
- Selden Mast with 2 spreaders.
- 2 mast steps at base of mast.
- Furuno radar array in S/S cradle.
- Echomax canister radar reflector.
- Deck horn.
- External Storm Trysail track.
- Stainless Steel Standing Rigging renewed by Hemisphere Rigging UK May 2014
- Mast mounted Selden Spinnaker pole.
- Schaefer in-boom furling system with solid vang.
- Scott Boomlock preventer system.
- Running Backstays with Spinlock system.
- External storm try sail track.
- Anchor light.
- Deck and Steaming light.
- Tricolour Navigation lights.
- Emergency Strobe light.
- B&G anemometer.
- Windex. VHF ariel.
- Profurl electric Genoa furling system with manual backup. Last serviced 18/04/2015.
- Staysail manual Selden Furlex 300S furling system. New 06/2013.
- Running rigging new from Allspars UK May 2014.
- 2 x Electric Self Tailing Lewmar 58.
- 2 x Electric Self Tailing Lewmar 48.
- 2 x Manual Self Tailing Lewmar 40 Two Speed.
- Last service 04/2015
- Electric winch controls.
- Sanders Sails fully battened mainsail.
- De Vries radially cut furling foam luffed Genoa with blue UV protection strip.
- Yankee furling Genoa with blue UV protection strip. New July 2013.
- Staysail furling with blue UV protection strip. New July 2013.
- De Vries Spinnaker in Squeezer sleeve with plastic feeder bucket.
- Blue Genoa full length cover all sleeve with zip and lacing ties.
- Emergency Orange Trysail.
- Boarding gates, port and starboard.
- Bespoke removable boarding ladder.
- Swimming ladder.
- Bespoke stainless steel ensign staff.
- Bioinox hydraulic passerelle.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Windlass Quick Aleph 1500W 12 volt with 100m of 10 mm chain.
- The windlass is operated from deck level or hand held unit or from the helm.
- 33 kilo Rocona Anchor with 100m of 10 mm chain.
- Fortress FX 37 with 5m of 8mm chain plus 100m of 3 strand nylon 18mm rope.
- 30 kilo Bruce anchor.
- 35lb CQR Kedge Anchor with 4m chain.
- Sea Anchor.
- Various lines for mooring.
- Deck/Anchor sea water hose/pump.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Bimini with attachable/detachable side awnings and aft awning.
- Spray hood with centre opening clear Perspex roll up window for air flow.
- All hatches have blue covers for them. As do the Profurl unit, Furlex unit, liferaft, paserelle, mainsail/boom cover and windlass.
- Blue cockpit fitted cushions.
- 2 x aft fitted seat cushions.
- Blue centre aft seat cushion.
- Full width sun cover from mast to transom.
- 5 large blue and white stripped cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- 3.25m Zodiac Active Sports
- Anchor with 3m chain and anchor rope.
- 6hp 4 stroke Mariner outboard.
- Dedicated lifting crane for outboard.
- Ocean Safety 6 man Life Raft with Full Ocean Pack greater than 24 hours new 03/2013.
- EPIRB KANNAD Float Free Automatic.
- Safety Flares.
- Emergency steering tiller.
- 2 Ocean Safety Horseshoes with light and drogues.
Plastimo Horseshoe buoy.
- John Buoy Recovery unit.
- Bolt croppers.
- Smoke detector at galley.
- 4 self-inflating life jackets with lights and whistles.
- Orange Trysail.
- Sea Anchor.
- 3 x Raymarine Lifetag Man overboard wrist alarms.
- Blue Beam Spot/Signal Lamp.
- Poyraz Gloria Foam Fire Extinguisher in Forward Cabin.
- Poyraz Gloria Foam Fire Extinguisher in Saloon.
- Spray Automatic System in Engine Room.
- Fire Blanket in Galley.
- Smoke detector in Galley area.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom