- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Newport, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 795,000
PROSPECTOR has had a long and distinguished racing history under various names including DEEP POWDER, CARRERA, HISSAR and CAPTIVITY. She was well-maintained and continuously updated by each of her prior owners. Her present owners have painstakingly and with little regard to cost, dissected and rebuilt her to achieve maximum efficiency, safety and performance! Now it is your turn to reap the benefits of the more cost efficient race programs available!
For complete details please contact Central Agent Bill Titus at Northrop and Johnson, Newport office, (401) 848-5500, Cell (401) 935-3058. To receive more information by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For over 50 years Northrop and Johnson has provided our clients with timely, accurate information to help them acquire the right yacht. This service requires professional, experienced brokers and cannot be solely derived from the Internet To view other Northrop and Johnson listings, please visit our website: www.northropandjohnson.com
Please contact Bill Titus at 401-849-0120
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 60 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 0 in
LWL: 52 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 13 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 13 ft 0 in
Displacement: 30400 lbs
Ballast: 176000 lbs
Total Power: 88 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH2-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 88 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (210 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (90 Gallons)
PROSPECTOR is easily handled, competitive IRC/PHRF/ORR racer. With some emphasis on light air performance boasting substantial downwind sale area, PROSPECTOR is proven and equally comfortable in an offshore blow. Her carbon fiber composite construction, high-volume interior space and a large workable cockpit PROSPECTOR is also sturdy, safe an extremely comfortable by comparison to today’s more modern flush deck, lesser freeboard racers.
On deck twin wheels and twin primary grinder pedestals with a third mainsheet grinder pedestal offer the desired control level for the novice or expert racer. A slightly raised bridge deck gives way to more space below to accommodate the interior without compromising cockpit ergonomics.
PROSPECTOR has a well finished race interior with tremendous volume thus providing a comfortable living space and a great layout for sail handling. A large main salon features port and starboard settees with hinged upper births. Forward of the mast and main bulkhead is ample storage for sails and gear. To starboard aft of the galley is a sizable private head. There are a total of 12 full sized bunks, 6 to port and 6 to starboard. Finally all the way aft is an open space housing the steering quadrant that has outboard births both port and starboard and ample additional storage space.
The rig plan is a carbon spar with two swept spreaders and no running backstays. Generous sail area enables the far CM 60 to be very fast relative to its size. The jib sheets use a hydraulic jib in hauler system giving a good range of trim control. Forestay load and mast bend are controlled through the masthead backstay with hydraulic system. Additionally and internal mast jack system enables quick adjustments of the rig tune.
Prospector has had a long and distinguished racing history under various names including DEEP POWDER, CARRERA, HISSAR and CAPTIVITY. She was well-maintained and continuously updated by each of her prior owners. Her present owners have painstakingly and with little regard to cost, dissected and rebuilt her to achieve maximum efficiency, safety and performance! Now it is your turn to reap the benefits of the more cost efficient race programs available!
A well-finished IRC race interior with tremendous volume below providing a comfortable living space and great layout for sail handling. A large main saloon features port and starboard settees with hinged upper berths. Forward on the mast and main bulkhead is ample storage for sails and gear. Aft of the companionway are additional port and starboard upper and lower pipe berths, centerline berths and port and starboard storage. To starboard aft of the galley is a sizeable enclosed head. Six full sized bunks port and starboard. Double galley sinks on centerline, SeaFrost refrigeration and 2 burner custom stove for boiling water.
Aft-facing nav station that is set to port of the companionway. Custom Ockam instrument package with several displays. The navigation suite includes a Logitech desktop CPU, a radar/plotter, and VHF.
• Ockam Instrument package T1 & T2
• Icom IC-M502 VHF w/ external speaker
• Peplink router and cellular and WIFI data modem
• FB150 Satalite communications receiver tied to Peplink – Data, voice and text
• Furuno radar
• Garmin 2006c GPS/plotter
• (4) 20/20 mast displays
• Ockam Matrix display on main pedestal
• Robertson auto pilot (removable)
• Logitec Desktop CPU with Windows 7 and Expedition
• Iridium mobile sat-telephone docking station
• Removable stern-mount radar mast
• 2 View Sonic 15" flush mount monitor
• (4) 20/20 bulkhead displays
• (2) Ockam card displays at nav station
• Datamarine depth sounder
12V DC SYSTEM:
• 12 Volt DC distribution panel with battery condition meter, circuit breakers, ammeter, voltmeter, main battery switch & engine start switch, battery paralleling switch.
• 115 amp alternators for engine battery and water-maker
• 115 amp alternators for ship service battery. ORC approved
• LED running lights
• LED interior red & white dome lights & interior dome and spot lights
• 12-volt outlets
• USB charging system in crew cubbies
110V AC SHOREPOWER SYSTEM:
• 110 volt distribution panel w/ circuit breakers, ammeter & polarity indicator
• 30 amp - 50 ft. shore power cord. Waterproof shore power inlet located midcockpit.
• 110V AC outlets ground fault protected.
• Freedom 10 inverter/battery charger.
• (2) 225 amp house batteries
• 90 amp engine battery
Hull & Deck
Hull and deck construction uses carbon laminates on foam cores, with aluminum structure to accept keel bolting and mast loads.
The deck layout is designed for racing. Twin wheels and twin primary grinder pedestals with a third mainsheet grinder pedestal to give good central cockpit space and a clean-looking, workable layout. Cockpit sides are inboard at the forward end of the cockpit and a half-height bridge deck gives way to more space below to accommodate the interior, without compromising cockpit use.
• Custom carbon fiber bowsprit.
• Fore/aft jib tracks w/hydraulic pullers
• 7 Spinlock halyard clutches
• Multi-height steering platforms
• (8) Lewmar deck hatches
• Hydraulic jib in-hauler system
• Port/starboard spinnaker sheet clutches
• Spinnaker twing controls
• Removable hard spray hood
• (8) Opening Lewmar cockpit portholes
• (2) Harken 990 top cleat Primary Winches
• (2) Primary Linked Pedestal Grinders
• Harken 990 self-tail Mainsheet Winch
• Harken 53 Self-tail Halyard Winches
• Harken 48 Self-tail Halyard Winch
• Harken speed ring base sheaves
• Harken 48 traveler winches
• Mainsheet pedestal grinder
• 3-spd Harken 55.3 self-tail bobstay winch
RIG & RIGGING
The rig plan is a carbon spar with two sets of swept back spreaders and no running backstays. Generous sail area enables the Farr CM 60' to be very fast relative to its size. The jib sheets use a hydraulic jib in-hauler system, giving a good range of trim control. Forestay load and mast bend are controlled through the masthead backstay with hydraulic system. Additionally, an internal mast jack system enables quick adjustments of the rig tune.
• Carbon fiber mast - refinished 2007
• Hydraulic backstay
• Hydraulic vang with quick release
• Hydraulic internal mast jack
• Custom masthead for multiple masthead halyards
• Masthead spinnaker halyards
• 2 Fractional jib halyards
• Tuff Luff
• Continuous Carbon EC6 standing rigging
• Carbon fiber boom - refinished 2007
• PBO backstay
• Hydraulic outhaul in boom
• Hydraulic jib car controls & in-hauler
• 2:1 Mainsail halyard
• 2 Fractional spinnaker halyards
• Several spares running rigging
• 2 Carbon fiber wheels
• Carbon rudderhsaft
• Jeffa bearings
• Spectra steering cables
• Edson wheel hus
• Custom built Carbon Emergency rudder, cassette, and tiller
Sail Brand Year Type
Main North Jan-15 3Di
J1 North Jan-15 3Di
J2 North Jan-15 3Di
J3 North Jan-15 3Di
J4 North Jan-15 3Di
J5 Quantum Jan-15 Carbon Panel
JT North Jan-15 3Di
GS North Jan-15 3Di
A1 Doyle Jan-12
A2 North Jan-13
A3 North Jan-15
A5 North Sep-15 Poly
A6 North Jan-15
Code 0 North Jan-15 Carbon Laminate
Spinnaker Staysail North Jan-05
Storm Trysail North Jan-15
Storm Jib North Jan-15
Reserve Sail Inventory
Sail Brand Year
Mainsail North 05'
Mainsail Quantum 09'
Lt/Med Jib Doyle 12'
Lt J-1 Quantum 03'
Med/Hvy Jib Doyle 12'
Med/Hvy Jib Quantum 03'
J-4 North 05'
J-T North 06'
GS North 05'
A-0 Doyle 12'
A-1 North 05'
A-1 North 07'
A-1.5 Doyle 12'
A-2 Quantum 04'
Additional Equipment & Other Features
• A complete set of spares for support of a Grand-Prix racing program.
• (20) Life jackets
• 406 EPIRB
• Fortress anchors w/ rode
• 6 person Switlik MD-2 life rafts
• Emergency running lights
• (2) Life Sling
• (2) Throw-Line
• Winch spare parts
• Hydraulic spare parts
• Fenders & docklines
• Custom fitted high/low cradle
• Carbon custom Hard spray hood (removable)
• Fire extinguishers
• 4 emergencry smoke hoods
• 2 fire blankets
• (2) Buckets w/ lanyards
• Emergency VHF antenna
• (2) Man Overboard Module
• Air horn
• Deck hardware spare parts
• Engine spare parts
• Cloth covers deck and interior
• Emergency tiller
• Multi-height steering platform
PROSPECTOR has been maintained and updated to the highest professional level with many recent improvements:
• Extensive electrical and electronic upgrade and overhaul;
• Hydraulic system rebuild
• Keel removal and inspection
• Numerous offshore up-grades
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.