- View Full Specifications
SEE HER AT TRAWLERFEST 1/28-31
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stuart, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 169,900
NEW PRICING FOR TRAWLERFEST - REDUCED $25,000
TORTOLA is a 1998 46' Bruce Roberts designed, Canadian manufactured, single screw trawler. She is a two Stateroom, two Head layout, with a large Salon, Galley up floor plan. She is very fuel efficient with a single Perkins 135hp naturally aspirated main engine. She has a bow thruster, lots of fuel tankage for long range cruising, and a 11.5Kw Onan genset. She is "Europa" styled with covered side decks and upper and lower helms. TORTOLA has cruised both the Great Loop, the Down East Loop, and the Bahamas. The Sellers have completed their cruising plans, so TORTOLA is ready to do the Loop again or wherever her new Owner's adventures will take her!
For more information call BILL WATSON (772) 215-0736 or email at BillW@bartbrak.com
Please contact Bill Watson at (772) 215-0736
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Kevin Williams
Designer: Bruce Roberts
Flag of Registry: Canada
LOA: 46 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 38000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 21 ft 0 in
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 6.3533M Range 4
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3902
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 135 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (480 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (600 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (240 Gallons)
Click on link below for a VIDEO WALKTHROUGH of TORTOLA:
(Close YouTube to return to YachtWorld TORTOLA Listing Brochure)
Vessel Introduction-Broker Comments
SEE HER AT RIVIERA BEACH FLORIDA TRAWLERFEST 01/28-01/31.
NEW PRICING FOR TRAWLERFEST - REDUCED $25,000
TORTOLA is an ideal vessel for live-aboard or passagemaking. She is very well equipped with navigation electronics, mechanical ease of maintenance, crew comforts and safe passageway to all areas of the boat. If storage is what you need, you'll not go wanting on this boat! There are lots and lots of closets, lazzarettes, drawers, and shelves for the organization fanatic in all of us. Everything in its place and a place for everything. - including the Galley. Got a lobster/corn pot that doesn't fit it your past boats? It will fit in this one!
There are three distinct "lounging" areas to enjoy life on TORTOLA:
- Salon/Galley - with the much preferred "Galley Up" layout, the Chef is right there where all the action is. With two very comfortable barrel chairs and an elevated half square shaped settee with table there is lots of Main Cabin entertainment space. Or just plain lounge in either air conditioned or heated comfort, or open the front hatches, the side windows and doors and let the fresh breeze blow through!
- Covered Aft Cockpit - Set up a couple of chairs, a table, break out the hors d' oeuvres, put on your bathing suit, open the swim platform door and slip in and out of the cool blue-green water.
- Flybridge - This Flybridge is not just for captaining the vessel from on high. It features a large L shaped settee with not one but three tables to put your setups on, and enjoy your meal while watching the setting sun. And those Stidd® chairs are not just helm chairs while underway, they are comfortable lounge chairs when just sitting there lounging saying "ain't life grand!".
TORTOLA has proven herself over the years with the present Owners (since 2003) having completed the Great Loop, cruised the Great Lakes (including Lake Superior), the entire east coast, the Downeast Loop, six Bahamas crossings - down as far as the Ragged Islands, south of Long Island. They've experienced everything from very rough seas to mirror glass and never felt unsafe. Her 360° safe corridor around the decks have proven ideal for dockings, locking up and down and ease of entry and exit off the swim platform. Her easy to use dinghy hoist and excellent dinghy and motor are the first to go in once anchored in that leeward side of the island. And speaking of anchoring, your choice of three styles of anchors (two the bow pulpit rollers), the main one being a 60lb CQR with all chain on a Lewmar power windlass (drum and chain), will give you peace of mind with quick bite and great holding power.
She is a long range cruiser sipping fuel with her 135hp 6 cylinder naturally aspirated perkins diesel engine. Her comfortable cruising speed is between 7 - 8 knots burning only 2 gph yielding over 2,000 nautical miles cruising range!
So... check out the specifications below, all of the pictures and be sure to see the YouTube video (soon to come). Then call me or your preferred Broker for your special showing of TORTOLA.
Cold-Molded Composite Hull
TORTOLA's hull utilizes the West System epoxy cold molded process, involving 3 layers of 1/4" marine mahogany plywood saturated in epoxy/resin with complete encapsulation. This process produces a hull material that prevents water intrusion, is not subject to blistering and is both stronger and lighter than fiberglass. The entire hull is then covered in 3 layers of glass mat prior to the Awlgrip finish.
Some of the best off shore sport fishing boats (Buddy Davis, Jarrett Bay, etc.) subjected to harsh seas use the cold molded process - and for good reason. They are strong, long lasting, better softer riding and not subject to the negatives of the fiberglass molded issues (blistering, delamination, hard riding, etc.).
Vessel Walk-through & Accommodations
The cockpit has a large well constructed swim platform door with storage inside. From the cockpit there is forward passageway under covered overhead to the bow. Also from the cockpit is a ladder to the flybridge and a doorway entrance to the aft Salon.
Entering the Salon from the covered aft deck, immediately to starboard is the L shaped Galley with built-in further Galley storage to port. Just forward on the port are two barrel style chairs, then the portside door to side deck and the lower helm station. To starboard is a large U shaped dinette with table.
Down four stairs to the large Guest/Day Head with Tub/Shower to port, the Guest Stateroom to starboard with single offset berths, then forward to the Master Stateroom with island berth, LOTS of storage and an ensuite Head.
Engine room access is via Salon sole hatches. There is LED lighting throughout the vessel (installed in 2010).
The Salon offers a large, wrap-around settee with table starboard forward. There are two lounge chairs and folding table in between opposite on the port side on the Salon. There is large storage cabinetry to port aft with table top, rich looking cherrywood sole throughout the Salon with lift up hatch to the engine/mechanical room. There is a large A/C unit serving the vessel with fans, opening side windows, shades and Phantom roll-away screen doors both at the aft door and the port side deck door.
The Galley is located on the starboard aft in the Salon.
- Princess 3-burner 110v electric cooktop and oven
- LG convection/microwave oven
- Norcold 110v/12v refrigerator/freezer (2010)
- Large stainless steel sink w/hot and cold faucet
- Storage drawers and cabinets (6 overhead cabinets, 2 under counter cabinets with lazy-susan in corner, 1 silverware drawer, 1 large under oven drawer, 3 cabinets opposite Galley, and 2 deep drawers under settee)
- Cherrywood sole (engine access hatch)
- Opening window above sink
Dining space is available in three areas:
- at the Salon settee/table
- the Aft Deck table
- and the Flybridge table.
Master Stateroom with ensuite Head
The Master Stateroom is forward with an island queen berth and an ensuite Head.
- (2) 12v LED Reading lights
- Shelving on both sides of berth
- Storage cabinets
- Hanging lockers
- Storage under berth
- Bomar overhead hatch (2013) with Oceanaire shades
- (2) portlights
- Carpeted sole
- Ensuite Head with vanity/sink, medicine cabinet and portlight
The Guest Stateroom is located to starboard with two offset single berths.
- Hanging locker
- Storage drawers and cabinets
- Storage under the lower berth
- (2) Portlight windows
- Opening overhead hatch
- (2) LED Reading lights
- Carpet sole
Guest Head is located to port of Guest Stateroom and includes a tub/shower.
- Porcelain Sealand toilet
- Vanity with sink, H/C water
- (3) cabinets under vanity
- (3) Cabinets behind vanity
- Two door Medicine cabinet with mirror and cabinet under
- (2) Portlight
- (1) 110v duplex outlet
- (1) Opening overhead Bomar hatch
- Large fiberglass tub with shower
- LED lighting
The Lower Helm is port forward in the Salon and offers a full console and side deck access door.
- AC/DC electrical panel on side of helm behind Plexi door
- Full engine gauges
- Spoked ship style wooden steering wheel (hydraulic)
- Single throttle/shifter
- Opening door for access to portside deck walkway
The Flybridge is accessible from the cockpit via a SS & teak ladder up the starboard side. It features a hardtop built in 2006 with (3) front facing EZ2CY panels and full side and aft Eisenglass enclosure (2014), wrap-around seating (accommodates 8), non-skid deck and full navigation console with storage underneath. All Flybridge electronics new in 2008. The vessel's 2011 AB Tender with Mercury 9.9hp 4-stroke outboard motor is stored aft with electric hoist.
- (2) Stidd helm seats
- Removable chart table
- Folding hi/lo teak table to port aft
- Folding teak table to starboard aft
- Coolmatic refrigerator/freezer 12v
- 2011 AB RIB w/9.9hp 4-stroke Mercury outboard
- Electric dinghy hoist
Cockpit & Covered Aft Deck
The covered Cockpit Aft Deck has six large lockers built into the transom for storage. It also offers cockpit sole access, via a lift up hatch, to lots of storage below, in addition to some mechanical access. There is Tech Deck© faux teak decking, starboard bulwark steps, large transom door to swim platform and same level access to each covered side deck.
- Fiberglass swim platform
- Transom storage
- Deck chairs and table
- Dickinson BBQ grill
- Tech Deck© faux teak decking
- (2) LED overhead lights
Entertainment A/V Equipment
- KVH satellite TV system
- Sony flat screen TV in Salon
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- Entire electrical system inspected and upgraded at Zimmerman Marine 2008
- MDKAW-5679647 11.5kW generator with 907 hours (2006)
- Xantrex 2500 watt inverter/charger (inverter is pure sine wave) (2014)
- Xantrex Zanbus System Control Panel at lower helm
- ProMariner Prosport 20 back up battery charger
- (3) Rolls house batteries (1100 amp hours total)
- (3) Odyssey AGM main and generator start batteries and bowthruster battery
- (5) Guest battery switches
- Both port and starboard 30amp input recepticals
- 30 amp shore power cord
- (2) 12v DC outlets - Flybridge
- All DC interior lighting LED
Engine / Mechanical Equipment
- Single Perkins 6.3533M Range 4 naturally aspirated, 135hp engine with 3902 hours
- Twin Disc MG5011sc gearbox (new 2008)
- Three blade bronze 23LH21 propeller with 1 1/2" SS shaft
- Rudder encapsulated unit with stainless steel stock secured on the lower to a keel sand shoe
- Morse single lever engine controls
- VDO gauges
- Perko sea strainers
- Dual Racor switchable 75500MAX fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- (2) 240 US gallon fiberglass water tanks
- (1) 240 US gallon fiberglass holding tank
- (1) 240 US gallon fiberglass grey water tank
- (2) 200 US gallon externally galvanized painted steel diesel fuel tanks (with fuel transfer pump)
- Seastar hydraulic steering system (2 stations - dual hydraulic rams)
- Marine Hardware®bow thruster (2 stations)
- 16kBTU Ocean Breeze® reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system
- Wema tank gauges
- Kodomar Tech water purifier system (reported not yet commissioned but should be able to be made functional)
- Diesel Heater (reported not yet commissioned but all hoses replaced 2008 and should be able to be made functional)
- 110v House water pump (reported not yet commissioned but should be able to be made functional)
- All bronze thru-hulls
- Traditional adjustable stuffing box
- 2011 AB 10'5" RIB
- 2005 Mercury 9.9hp 4-stroke outboard
- Mast and boom electric davit system
2006 Wiarton Marina (Georgian Bay)
- Redesigned and rebuilt flybridge (hardtop)
- Upgraded electronics to Raymarine E Seatalk integrated
- 2 new Stidd chairs
- New 11.5KW ONAN generator
- New AC unit installed
- All decks repainted
- Salon Settee reupholstered
- All work described above - Approximately $125,000
2007-08 Zimmerman Marine (Chesapeake). All redesign decisions made by Steve Zimmerman and Steve d'Antonio
- Awlgripped hull and flybridge
- Redesigned and rewired entire DC electrical system
- Charging system reconfigured and rewired all to ABCY Spec
- Revamp of electrical systems for bow thruster and generator
- Installed toe rail and rub rail
- Transmission replaced- twin disc
- Wing Panels replaced
- Cherry wood sole installed in salon
- Forward and aft saloon doors replaced
- Upgrades to ensure integrity of main engine cooling system
- Installation of new wipers at lower helm
- Replacement of oil pressure gauge and sender
- Installation of 12V air compressor for horn
- Installation of AIS receiver, Sirius weather and Skymate
- Fresh water intake to grey water tank for flushing toilets
- Reconfigure 2 pulley belt drive on alternator
- New dinette table
- New SW strainer on engine
- All PC fittings for diesel heating system replaced
- New window coverings and salon chairs
- All work described above - Approximately $250,000
2010-12 Indiantown Marina (Florida)
- Replace batteries
- New Transom Gate
- New battery charger for bow thruster and windlass
- New Norcold refrigerator
- New rub rail on vessel overhang
- Fabricate and install dinghy lift reinforcement
- Rebuild bow pulpit to accommodate 2 anchors
- Interior and cockpit lighting converted to LEDs
- New pump for AC
- Injectors replaced
- All handrails re-secured and re-bedded
- New prop shaft and coupling
- New hatches in two cabins and main head
- New bollards and chocks on foredeck
- New canvas for flybridge
- Phantom screens for salon doors
- All work described above - Approximately $65,000
Owners' personal belongings, artwork, a clock and Salon rug do not convey with vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please note: Engine hours shown here are as of the original listing date and are an account of what the Listing Broker was told by the Owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The Broker cannot guaranty the accuracy of engine and/or genset hours. It is the responsibility of the Buyer and/or his Agent/Surveyor to verify engine/genset hours, as well as all other representations noted on the Listing Brochure.
TORTOLA, 46' Roberts Custom Trawler
Other Boats from Bartram & Brakenhoff Yacht Brokerage
Stuart, FL, United States
Mamaroneck, NY, United States
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States
Stuart, FL, United States
Jacksonville, FL, United States