- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Salem, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 195,000
MISTRESS is Hull Number 42 of the popular Shannon 43 Series. Mistress has been donated to a Maritime School that is offering her for an attractive price. She has all new cushions below and her woodwork topside was renewed in 2016. This highly regarded cruising boat is a great value.
MISTRESS has two private staterooms each with its own head. She has all new interior cushions in April 2016. The rig is the "Scutter" rig designed to optimize performance and sail handling for a small crew in all weather conditions. Electric primary winches help with short handed cruising.
Shannons are proven world cruisers with traditional lines, classic appeal and comfortable performance. MISTRESS is equipped with Rod rigging, Airex cored hull, integral ballast and 30" lifelines. A moderate draft permits cruising in shallower areas.
Please contact Linda Warren, CPYB at 978-744-7070 office
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 43 ft 10 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
LWL: 36 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Displacement: 27500 lbs
Ballast: 13500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 64 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: W71C
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1100
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
MISTRESS offers a unique custom arrangement plan with full privacy for 2 couples in 2 cabins, each with ensuite head and shower.
Beginning forward is the Owner's Cabin with tapered, centerline berth, accessible from either side. Aft to port is a sink and vanity. Abundant storage in drawers below the berth and in hanging lockers to each side. Next aft are head and shower compartments on opposite sides of the boat.
The Main Salon features an L-shaped settee to starboard and a straight settee with center armrest to port. A drop-leaf teak table is on the centerline. Cabinetry above and outboard includes bookshelves and entertainment components. The centerpiece of the saloon is a Luke soapstone fireplace with polished copper backsplash. There are no cushions below for the boat at this time. New cushions are currently being built for the staterooms and salon.
Galley is to port at the companionway and includes:
- Corian countertops
- Grunnert holdover refrigeration in insulated icebox with top and side openings and remote temperature gauges for both refrigerator and freezer
- Four Burner Broadwater LPG stove with broiler/oven and solenoid switch
- Deep double sink with H&C, manual cold and filtered water taps
- Contour Microwave
Galleyware storage is available outboard and in a custom overhead rack; food and provision storage is plentiful.
To starboard at the companionway is the aft head compartment, which opens into the Aft Cabin. Aft berth is arranged athwartship. This configuration allows for 2 cabin privacy, each with ensuite head and shower.
Aft to port is the Navigation Station with comfortable swivel chair and access to the ship's electrical panels. Components are nicely recessed and work space is adequate, communication with the helmsperson is easy.
Interior fit and finish is to Shannon's typically high standards with varnished teak/holly soles, satin varnished teak interior, ash hull ceilings, simulated white staving headliner and white panel finish around portlights. It is worth noting that the entire interior of a Shannon is "stick-built" and hand assembled, individually fastened, glued and bunged. The structure does not move, creak or groan as most production sailboats do.
New cushions for the interior are currently being built.
- 12v / 110v Bass Master Electrical Panels with thermal breakers
- All wiring ABYC approved tinned copper
- High-output alternator
- Trace Inverter
- House Battery Bank: Two 4D deep cycle; Engine start one 12v heavy duty
Datamarine Sailing Instruments
- Datamarine Wind / Wind Speed
- Datamarine Depth
- CS 100 Speed / Log
- ICOM ICM 710 SSB
- ICOM VHF
- Robertson Autopilot AP300X
- Simrad Radar
- Northstar GPS 941X
Sails and Rigging
- Innovative “Scutter” rig (allows a wider choice of headsail combinations)
- Harken roller furling on both headstays
- Doyle Stackpack Mainsail – full batten with Lazy Jacks
- Doyle Genoa
- Doyle Yankee
- Doyle Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Lewmar # 64 CST primaries (situated aft for easy access by helmsperson)
- Lewmar # 50 CST secondaries
- Reefing lines led aft
- Anchoring platform with dual rollers - facilitates simultaneous deployment of both anchors
- Ideal Electric Windlass with cockpit remote
- 45 lb. CQR with 200 ft chain rode
- 28 lb. Danforth with 50 ft chain and 150 ft nylon
- Stainless steel Dorades with guards
- Paratech Sea Anchor
- Shannon custom transom door with integral swim ladder and raft storage
- Dodger with stainless steel frame
- H&C Cockpit Shower
- Teak-rimmed Steering Wheel
MISTRESS offers an innovative arrangement plan and features the desirable Scutter rig.
A survey done in 2015 discovered delamination and moisture in the bottom laminates of the boat. The boat was shipped to Custom Coatings in Thomaston ME where the bottom was peeled and dried. The outer skin was properly bonded to the inner laminates. The bottom was faired and 5 coats of Interprotect were applied with an additional 4 coats of ablative bottom paint. Two surveyors were involved with the project and a surveyors report on this work is available to potential buyers.
Engine time suggests light use of about 100 hours per year.
This is a great opportunity to own a strong, quality cruiser for an attractive price.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.