- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Alameda, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 399,900
The J/160 is J/Boats' signature off shore racer and performance blue water cruiser; delivering speeds of a 60 footer with the ease of handling of a 40 footer. Perfect for California coastal cruising or racing or that long distance cruise you've been dreaming of, with only 35 hulls built, it is a rare moment when a J/160 comes on market.
She has just completed a total rig and boom refit with new paint. A full bottom job last spring including new rudder bearings. She also has a new generator and is ready for her next cruise.
An easily driven hull shape and a very low center of gravity results in noticeable differences in how the J/160 performs compared to any other boat you may have sailed. Less sail is needed, winch loads are reduced, and the constant sail-changing of heavier displacement cruisers is avoided. The need for extra crew to run the yacht is no longer a requirement. This is a boat which 2-3 people can manage without reliance on powerful and heavy electro-mechanical devices. As part of the design brief, the sail plan had to be manageable, versatile and balanced yet powerful enough to stabilize motion in waves for a quantum improvement in sailing comfort at sea.
The live-aboard comfort and styling of the J/160 goes far beyond what you might expect. The interior is spacious, clean in execution, beautifully appointed and exquisitely finished, befitting a proper flagship. Every detail and need has been addressed in terms of provisioning, equipment and storage space for coastal and offshore cruising.
Please contact Norman Davant at 510-523-8500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: J Boats
LOA: 52 ft 7 in
Beam: 14 ft 5 in
LWL: 47 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 8 in
Displacement: 36000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 11000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 88 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar Turbo-charged Diesel
Engine Model: 4JH2-DTBE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2433
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 88 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (162 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (47 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (48 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
Navigation center - Integrated Simrad system with computer interface. B&G multi-function instrument display
CD player - Pioneer CD/AM/FM tuner
Radar Detector - Simrad
Plotter - Simrad
GPS - Simrad integrated to chart plotter, and standalone mast mounted Furuno
VHF - ICOM 502
Radar - Simrad
Radio - Pioneer CD/AM/FM Tuner
Hot water - Atlantic Stainless 12 gallon. 100V and engine transfer driven.
Refrigerator - Seafrost. DC motor driven. 110V water cooled condensing unit. Galley mounted control unit
Battery charger - Inverter/charger
Deep freezer - Combined refridgerator/freezer
Sea water pump
Fresh water maker - Village Marine 800/30 gal per day/hour. AM control panel, modular electric control panel & membranes
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Generator - Northern Lights - 2015
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 110V
Hull & Deck
- Patented TPI resin infused “SCRIMP” composite sandwich construction.
- Aircraft grade end-grain balsa with biaxial and unidirectional glass fabric.
- Additional reinforcing in highly loaded areas.
- White Cook NPG ISO gelcoat on outer hull and deck surfaces.
- Interplastic vinylester resin on the outer hull layer.
- 4" minimum overlap of hull to deck joint.
- Aluminum full length ORC toe rail with amidships and aft chocks.
- Lewmar T-track toe-rails aft from mast to outboard of primaries.
- Heavy gauge lifelines
- Molded companionway seahood with integral instrument pod.
- Molded transom swim platform: ladder to starboard of centerline with molded treads.
- Molded spray shield housing for standard cockpit dodger and frame.
- Molded aft lazarette lockers with watertight gaskets.
- Molded propane locker to starboard (outboard of wheel) vented overboard.
- Molded port cockpit seat locker with watertight gasket.
- (2) Lewmar 66AST 3-speed self-tailing primary winches mounted in recess on coaming in cockpit.
- (2) Lewmar 54AST 2-speed self-tailing secondary winches on starboard cabin top.
- (2) Lewmar 54AST 2-speed self-tailing main sheet winches.
- (2) 10" winch handles.
- (2) 8" winch handles.
- (4) PVC handle holders.
- Lewmar Ocean Racing 6:1 main sheet traveler system allowing adjustment from the helm,cockpit winches,and forward of traveler bar.
- (2) Lewmar Ocean Racing 6804 mainsheet foot blocks with lock-offs mounted on angled bosses outboard of traveler to P&S aft of main sheet winches.
- Lewmar 105 mm 1101 swivel mainsheet blocks.
- Custom dodger w/aft stainless covered grab rail. Kal-glass windows w/covers.(new 2013)
- Custom helmsman's bimini (new2013)
- (2) Schaefer "halfmoon" genoa lead blocks for 1-1/4 inch T-track.
- (2) Lewmar Ocean Racing 105 mm 6101 genoa footblocks on angled bosses -new 2012.
- (4) 1-1/4" x 6' clear anodized genoa and jib tracks.
- (4) Double Lewmar 2014 halyard and reef stoppers on aft end of cabin trunk.
- (2) Schaefer 6085 Series 7 four-sheave halyard/reef organizers to P&S.
- (5) Lewmar 80 mm single halyard blocks & (3) 60 mm high-load reef blocks.
- (1) Lewmar 1014 spinnaker tack outhaul stopper.
- (2) Lewmar Ocean Racing 80 mm 6805 footblocks with lock-offs outboard of primaries for spinnaker sheet and checkstay lead to cockpit.
- (2) Lewmar Ocean Racing 105 mm single blocks w/beckets for spin.sheets.
- 2:1 tack line utilizing Lewmar 80 mm blocks on sprit.
- (2) Harken 280 cleats on starboard cabin side near cockpit for snuffer control lines.
- (2) Lewmar Ocean Racing 105 mm singles w/beckets for checkstays.
- (1) Lewmar 1012 single stopper for headsail furling.
- (1) Lewmar 2012 double stopper for tack & sprit control line to lead to winch.
- (1) Lewmar Ocean Racing 60 mm block for roller furler.
- (2) Spinlock winch feeders for leading lines from coaming mounted stoppers to secondary winches.
- Custom 316 stainless mast collar polished with ten bales and halyard bar.
- 1-1/4" clear aluminum "T" track aft to cockpit for outboard jib and genoa leads.
- Tapered double 316 stainless.28" lifeline stanchions, gates (P&S), & heavy duty bases.
- 316 stainless.double 28" bow pulpit and split stern pushpit with gate to starboard.
- Custom 316 stainless stemhead with anchor line roller and anchor retainer.
- (9) Lewmar Ocean Series bronze tinted acrylic hatches with aluminum frames: 30" x 30" (size 77) above foredeck storage area, (2) 22" x 22" above forward stateroom area and main cabin, (4) 12" x 12" vent hatches in forward shower and aft cabins, (2) 10" x 10" above galley and aft head.
- (17) Bomar opening ports on cabin trunk and cockpit sides.
- FRP companionway hatch w/2 part Lexan drop-board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
- (6) 12" x 20" sheet and halyard line bags.
- (4) stainless dorade cowl vents over main cabin with bug screens.
- 316 stainless handrails on cabin top P&S.
- 316 stainless shroud chainplates, covers and backstay tang.
- Canvas covering for all winches and hatches - new 2013
Windlass & Ground Tackle
- Lewmar Concept 2000 Windlass
- Integral hawse pipe
- 2 direction 12V control box mounted at helm
2 direction remote control mounted in forepeak locker.
Mast - Boom - Sprit & Rigging
Mast and boom were completely refit in 2015
- Hall Spars aluminum mast with fold away mast steps.
- Hall Antal mast track (601.121) with loader and end fittings.
- Schaefer 30-09 tack reef block.
Antal slider system
- 237 section, aluminum boom with angle cuts - refit in 2015.
(2) reef sheaves designed for loose footed mainsail.
- Boom coated in off white awlgrip.
- Master vang with spectra vang lines (new 2014).
- Advanced Composites laminated,tapered, retractable carbon fibre bowsprit .
- 2:1 outhaul control led aft to cockpit.
- Navtec discontinuous Nitronic 50 rod rigging- refit in 2015.
- Sailtech-22 integral hydraulic backstay - rebuilt in 2014.
- Spectra sheets and halyards.
- Lines run aft to cockpit.
- 80% of running rigging replaced in 2007
- Quantum Carbon Main (2006)
- Storm Main (2006)
- Quantum Carbon No. 4 (2006)
- North 2A AIRX 600 (2007)
- NORTH 2A-H Norlon 150 (2007)
- NORTH 3A Norlon 150 (2007)
- QUANTUM Gennaker 1.5 oz nylon (2007)
- NORTH 2A AIRX 700 (2007)
- B&G Hydra 2 Ocean Pack
- Furuno M841 4kw X band Radar system
- Furuno NT 200D GPS
- ICOM VHF
- Simrad/Robertson AP300CX Autopilot
- Icom SSB Radio
- 165 amp Balmar alternator w/ Smart Max charge 612 Regulator & Balmar spike-stop protector.
- Battery power 840 Amp hours W/ (4) Lifeline 4D AGM deep cycle batteries (2) each Banks 1 & 2 W/ (1) Isolated AGM Optima 1000 deep cycle engine start battery.
- Voltage Monitoring Batt-Max Battery Combiner W/ Battery paralleling switch in cockpit to allow engine start with house batteries.
- (2) Total battery switches (1) 1-Both-2 & Off house banks Switch (1) #2102 engine battery
- Promatic Series 30-3 Battery charger from Professional Mariner.
- 50 amp/120 VAC shore power with eight outlets and 50 amp shore cable.
- Marinco stainless 110V deck inlet.
- Prosafe Galvanic Isolator with monitoring device.
- Custom Bass #90-D1056TP30 deluxe backlit panel recessed into bulkhead with digital condition meters.
- Bonding system designed to ABYC regulation E-1.
- Propane electric solenoid switch.
- Propane solenoid warning light in galley with separate breaker on panel.
- (10) Imtra “CABIN LAMP OCEAN” 10W halogen reading lights.
- (2) Hella #62079 fluorescent lights in heads.
- Overhead halogen lighting system (with dimmers) in main cabin and owner’s stateroom.
- ABI Marine #1836 stainless overhead red/white dome lights in aft cabins, sail locker, genset compartment and aft lazarette.
- (3) Main cabin courtesy lights.
- Hella nav station light.
- Light in side-opening refrigerator.
- Four Hella fans- universal “TURBO” with two-speed control switch.
- LED Navigation and steaming lights.
- Dedicated compass light.
- LED Masthead tri-color light.
Rudder & Steering
- Balanced high aspect rudder constructed with unidirectional glass.
- High strength custom engineered and molded glass rudder shaft.
- New rudder bearings Tides - 2015.
- Aluminum race wheel with leather wrap.
- Edson pedestal top with guard and 5" Ritchie binnacle compass and throttle control.
- Gear ratio of 1.2:1 to facilitate installation of self-steering devices.
- 8" Edson steering sheaves with needle bearings and guards.
- Aluminum anodized emergency tiller.
- Tripod anodized aluminum rudder stop.
Plumbing & Tanks
- 95 gallons of fuel tankage in two alloy fuel tanks with baffles and inspection/clean out ports.
- Dual Racor fuel and water separators w/change over valve for fuel system.
- Fuel gauge and shut-off valve on fuel tanks.
- 157 gallon total water capacity in independently valved molded tanks and water heater.
- Fresh water tanks are secured and independently vented to the forepeak locker.
- Hot &cold pressure water system.
- Atlantic stainless 12 gallon hot water heater w/110v and engine transfer.
- Independent self priming Attwood sump system for head shower drains.
- Electric icebox drain empties into Attwood sump.
- Primary bilge pump RULE #2000-10M w/anti-siphon valve.
- Whale Gulper 220 forward shower boost pump w/lighted switch in head.
- Two Guzzler check valves in forward and aft head sinks.
- Two Henderson MK-V manual bilge pumps mounted in cockpit and below
- Two electric fresh water heads.
- All sanitation hose is Sealand "OdorSafe" head discharge hose.
- 18 gallon aft holding tank overboard "Y" discharge and deck pump-out.
- Jabsco Par water pump.
- Jabsco accumulator tanks for steady pressure & less pump wear.
- Fresh water Whale Gusher Galley MKIII twin diaphragm fresh water manual foot pump
- White/chrome water faucets in heads (new 2012)
- Settee berths with split backrest cushions port and starboard.
- Leatherette cushions
- Teak cabinets with louvered doors and shelves outboard of starboard settee.
- Two large drawers and one flip-down door behind starboard settee backrests.
- Teak ceilings on the hull sides throughout main cabin.
- Drop leaf teak main cabin table with bottle storage and two utensil drawers.
- Large forward-facing navigator’s center with chart storage, outboard shelf for books and binoculars, two plane angled console (hinged charcoal panels) for mounting instruments, three utility drawers and file cabinet, 110V outlet. Contoured & curved navigation seat.
- Recessed electrical panel on bulkhead aft of nav seat with opening hinge for easy access.
- Companionway entrance walled in with laminated angled steps and handrails for safe, protected entrance and exit.
- Teak “finger-grip” rails under main cabin ports for safe movement in cabin.
- Drawer at top companionway step for winch handles, tools, etc.
- All bulkhead doors are flush mounted into cold-molded teak frames.
- Interior teak is finished in satin varnish.
- Large J-shaped galley with deep, double “high polish” stainless sink recessed under “wheat matrix” 1/2” Fountainhead counter top.
- Three burner gimbaled Force 10 propane stove with thermostat, oven and stainless safety bar. (new 2008)
- Two 10lb. aluminum propane bottles in cockpit propane locker connected through solenoid shutoff switch.
- Dry goods storage cabinets with mid-height shelves outboard, four louvered cabinet doors one with integral spice rack.
- Upgraded Gröhe faucet.
- Large garbage bin under sink with convenient flip door access and hinge-out door.
- Four drawers and two below-counter storage cabinets.
- Pot and pan locker under stove.
- Plate, bowl and cup storage compartment.
- Recessed panel on nav side of galley for optional generator panel, bilge pump switches and optional AC sub-panel for air-conditioning.
- Seafrost refrigeration/freezer with 110V water cooled condensing unit and both AC and DC operation.
Owner's Forward Stateroom
- Large double berth to port and shelf with two storage cabinets outboard. Four generous storage drawers below.
- Large storage area under aft end of berth.
- Starboard hanging locker with louvered door.
- Sit-down vanity to starboard with two drawers and louvered cabinet below counter, flip-up vanity with mirror, storage, and two-position seat. One teak cabinet and shelf above counter.
- Teak ceilings on hull sides.
- Molded forward head with water closet, large storage cabinet, sink, vanity, mirror on door, toothbrush, cup, and toilet paper holders, teak towel rack, storage slider cabinets with mirrored finish, positive latched on teak floor grate.
- Molded shower stall with teak bench seat, shower curtain, and soap holder. Wet hanging area outboard.
- Adjustable height showerhead holder.
Aft Stateroom, Crew Quarters
- Molded aft head with sink and shower accessible from starboard aft stateroom and main cabin.
- Toothbrush, cup and toilet paper holders, teak towel rack, teak floor grate with positive latch, mirror on door, outboard storage locker with mirrored sliders, and below counter cabinet with flush door.
- Starboard aft stateroom with double berth (two cushions), shelf over berth, vanity with two drawers and louvered cabinet, teak hull sides, hanging locker, additional large drawer above engine compartment, and two access doors to machinery spaces.
- Port aft stateroom with double berth (two cushions), shelf over berth, vanity with two drawers and louvered cabinet, teak hull sides, extra large hanging locker with drainage to bilge.
Foredeck Sail & Anchor Storage Locker
- Large sail and stowage locker, forward of owner’s stateroom accessed via overhead deck hatch with independent key lock.
- Bulkhead mounted ladder treads.
- Two stainless rails for securing spare lines and for anchoring mesh screens which serve as storage dividers.
- Access forward through ring frame bulkhead to anchor chain and rode storage.
- Molded water catch shelf under bowsprit with overboard drain.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sail California
J133 J 133 J/133 J-133
Alameda, CA, United States
Treasure Island, CA, United States
J/111 J 111 J-111 J111
San Francisco, CA, United States
Alameda, CA, United States
J/105 J-105 J105 J 105
Alameda, CA, United States
Redwood City, CA, United States