This well maintained vessel has been in Lake Erie’s fresh water since the spring of 2006.
Designed for short-handed performance cruising, offshore live-aboard comfort, built by TPI, certified to ABS + A1 Classification.
The J160 is designed to maximize comfort and handling for long distance offshore cruising and perform at speeds exceeding most 60 foot racers. J160 incorporates a retractable carbon fiber J/Sprit system. With asymmetrical spinnaker and snuffer, thios system replaces the cumbersome and crew intensive conventional spinnaker while defining short-handed downwind performance. Other standard features include ABS + A1 classification, TPI’s infusion molding system, Hall Spar’s carbon fiber cruising spar, and performance hardware from Harken, Schaefer & Lewmar.
Tracy Buczak at RCR Yachts in Erie, PA, email@example.com 814-455-6800
Video of "Lake Shark" available here: http://youtu.be/NUwh1-Ma6Yg
Please contact Tracy Buczak at 814-455-6800
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 52 ft 8 in
Beam: 14 ft 6 in
LWL: 45 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 31200 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
The J160 utilizes TPI resin-infused composite sandwich construction with selective reinforcements and vinylester resins. Hull and deck are built with Baltek aircraft grade end-grained balsa with biaxial and unidirectional glass fabric with reinforcing under high loaded areas. All laminate schedules are approved by the American Bureau of Shipping to their highest standard and each yacht is independently surveyed while under construction.
Rigging & Carbon Fiber Spar
The J160 is offered with Navtec rod rigging, Spectra and Kevlar running rigging and the latest carbon fiber spar technology from Hall Spars. The significant reduction in weight aloft of the carbon and low stretch halyards and rigging further optimizes all around performance and comfort.
Custom engineered, one piece moldings of the mast, spreaders, and fittings are precision built with unidirectional prepreg epoxy carbon fiber of medium modulus with selective reinforcement in high load areas. Each layer of carbon is carefully aligned to ensure maximum strength and stiffness. The carbon mast is then post-cured in Hall Composite’s autoclave with 80psi curing pressure at 250 deg. F.
Antal HS Car System for easy hoisting, heavy-air dousing, and reefing of the mainsail. Advantages of this system: The low friction of the HS fiber allows the cars to be shorter than ball bearing cars, thereby reducing the stack height of the flaked main.
• The lower cars can be easily removed from the track when reefing, thereby keeping the tack closer to the boom. • Minimum friction under load. • Lower maintenance
Harken roller furling is standard for headsail control.
Master cabin forward has queen-size berth w/hinged leeboards to port, sit-down vanity to starboard, bureau, hanging locker, lots of storage all the way in the bow; large ensuite head, stall shower.
Moving aft into the salon, there is an L-shaped settee/berth to port , pilot berth w/hinged leeboards above & outboard, centerline drop-leaf table, another settee/ berth to starboard, cabinets & bookshelf outboard, custom overhead teak grab rails port & starboard.
Large J-shaped galley next aft to port.
Forward-facing nav station to starboard w/unusually large chart table, lots of storage. Spacious dual-access guest head w/shower aft of nav station.
Port & starboard quarter cabins w/double berths, plenty of drawers & hanging locker space.
Engine room under companionway w/excellent access all around.
• Yanmar 4JH2-DTBE turbo-charged 88 HP 4 cylinder fresh-water cooled diesel • Edson 66" Diamond series aluminum wheel w/elkhide covering • Anodized aluminum emergency tiller • Gauges for tach, fuel, hours, temperature, amps • Audio alarms for water temp, oil pressure • 3-Blade feathering Max Prop • 2 Aluminum tanks total 132 gal. fuel capacity • Dual Racor fuel & water separators • Espar 30,000 BTU diesel heating system • Bilge pumps • 1 Raritan PH-2 heads with 30/18 gal. holding tanks, Y-valve • New Holding tanks and plumping (2010) • 1 Electric head • Halon auto fire extinguisher system for machinery space
• Raymarine E80 Multi-function display at Helm Station (2007) • Raymarine E120 Multi-function display at Nav Station (2007) • ICOM M58 25 watt VHF radio • Hand-held VHF bracket • Sirius Marine Weather • Simrad Robertson AP300CX auto pilot w/oversized Hynautics K3 hydraulic ram actuator • B & G Hydra Classic Pack depth, wind speed, wind direction, boat speed; 3 digital multi-function readouts (1 @ chart table, 2 in cockpit p/s), 4 analog repeaters on companionway spray shield molding • Furuno M841 LCD digital radar w/removable cockpit repeater, Questus self-leveling antenna mount on stern radar pole • 5" Ritchie binnacle compass • SSB ground plate • ACR category II class 1 406-MHz EPIRB • Electronic barometer • Clock & barometer • Sony AM/FM/CD stereo w/2 removable waterproof cockpit speakers
• Two 2012 360 A-H AGM house battery banks • 2012 80 A-H AGM engine start battery • 7.6 KW Westerbeke fresh-water cooled generator • Heart Freedom 25 inverter w/Link 2000 integrated battery monitoring system • 165 amp Balmar alternator • 50 amp 120V shore power w/50' cord • 220V shore power inlet w/15 amp stepdown transformer for worldwide dockside power connection • Nav station dual AC plug to separate 100 watt DC to AC inverter for computer power supply • Nav Station cigar lighter outlet for cell phone charging • Reading lights • Cabin lights • Overhead halogen lighting • Tri-color masthead light • LED running light mimic panel coupled to 6-position running light combination selector switch • Hella commercial running lights
Sails & Rigging
• 2012 Kevlar #1 Genoa • 2012 Kevlar #3 Genoa • 2009 #3 Genoa – Dacron Cruising • 2009 Mainsail – Kevlar • North “Quick-Cover” for mainsail • 2008 Code “0” Asymmetrical Spinnaker • Hall Spars clear coated black Awlgrip carbon fiber mast w/Antal luff track • Black Awlgrip boom • Navtec rod rigging • Harken roller furling • Hall D-40 Quik Vang • Sailtech integral hydraulic backstay • Lewmar adjustable genoa & jib tracks (interconnected) • Lewmar Ocean Racing 6:1 mainsheet traveler system • All lines led to cockpit • 2 Lewmar 1012 single stoppers port & starboard for running backstay control • 8 Lewmar winches include 2 #66AEST 3-speed electric primaries, 2 #54AST 2-speed secondaries, 2 #50AST 2-speed mainsheet, 2 #48AST 2-speed halyard • 3 single lock-in chrome winch handles
• Forespar outboard motor hoist • Lewmar Concept 3 dual-direction electric anchor windlass • Fresh/salt water washdown in forepeak locker • 30 kilo Bruce main anchor on forward bow roller with s/s swivel • 200' 5/16" high tensile chain backed by 200' 5/8" nylon rode • Fortress FX-55 aluminum storm anchor backed by 15' 3/8" chain & 150' 5/8" nylon rode • 20# Danforth stern anchor w/150' nylon rode mounted on Swedish-style roller mount • Hot & cold cockpit shower w/hose & spigot • Teak outboard motor mount • Thurston cockpit dodger w/bimini • Custom waterproof white closed foam vinyl cockpit cushions • Edson custom teak removable cockpit table • Jim Buoy horseshoe life ring linked to ACR auto strobe light • Custom canvas winter cover & Frame
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Interested in this boat?Toll-free: 866-418-4253Tel: 814.455.6800