- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- San Diego, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 530,000
Hana Hou! is a very well maintained and equipped J/160. Located in California, she is completely set up for cruising and already half way to the idyllic cruising ground of the South Pacific!
The J/160 fulfills the dream. The principals of the J/Boats/TPI partnership have combined in this investment-grade sailing yacht more than 150 years of experience in building, designing and sailing the world's best sailboats. Their legacy and promise to you is a greater sense of joy and satisfaction at the end of a day's cruise than is possible on any other yacht.
That racing heritage is an invaluable bonus when it comes to quality of construction and many years of problem-free ownership. The 10,000 boats built by the J Boats/TPI partnership have been pushed to the limit by aggressive sailors on the oceans of the world to win just about every major race. What's more, these same boats come back year after year without losing their performance edge. J/160 exceeds what you might expect on this score as well, representing a significant step forward in quality construction and strength to weight ratios.
NOW ON OUR DOCKS IN SAN DIEGO!
Please contact Jeff Brown at 619.709.0697, Rick Boyce at 858.386.9533, call the office at 619.224.6200 or visit us at www.jk3yachts.com
Please contact Bob Purgavie at 619-224-6200
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: J Boat
Designer: Rod Johnstone
LOA: 52 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 8 in
Ballast: 11000 lbs
Total Power: 88 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar Turbo Diesel
Engine Model: 4JH2-DTBE Turbo
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1750
Engine Power: 88 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (162 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (95 Gallons)
Length at Waterline: 47.5
Total Power: 88HP
Holding: 30 gal. fwd 18 gal. aft
- Settee berths with split backrest cushions port and starboard.
- Teak cabinets with louvered doors and shelves outboard of starboard settee.
- Two large drawers and one flip-down door behind starboard settee backrests.
- Full size port pilot berth and three large storage drawers under.
- Teak ceilings on the hull sides throughout main cabin.
- Drop leaf main cabin table with bottle storage and two utensil drawers.
- Large forward-facing navigator’s center with chart storage, outboard shelf for books and binoculars, two plane angled console (charcoal panels) for mounting instruments, three utility drawers and file cabinet, plus laptop compartment/bin with 110V outlet. Contoured & curved nav seat with teak foot brace.
- Recessed electrical panel on bulkhead aft of nav seat.
- Companionway entrance walled in with laminated angled steps and handrails for safe, protected entrance and exit.
- Teak “finger-grip” rails under main cabin ports for safe movement in cabin.
- Drawer at top companionway step for winch handles, tools, etc.
- All bulkhead doors are flush mounted into laminated frames.
- Large J-shaped galley with deep, double “high polish” stainless sink recessed under “wheat matrix” 1/2” Fountainhead counter top.
- 12.5 cubic foot icebox/refrigerator with two top and one side loading access doors, shelves, 5" insulation, and positive door latches.
- Three burner gimbaled Force 10 propane stove(new 2008) with oven and stainless safety bar.
- Two 10lb. aluminum propane bottles in cockpit propane locker connected through solenoid shutoff switch.(New 2008)
- Dry goods storage cabinets with mid-height shelves outboard, four louvered cabinet doors one with integral spice rack.
- Deluxe hot/cold pressure water Grohe faucet.
- Large garbage bin under sink with hinge-out door.
- Four drawers and two below-counter storage cabinets.
- Pot and pan locker under stove.
- Plate, bowl and cup storage compartment.
- Recessed panel on nav side of galley, bilge pump switches and optional AC sub-panel for air-conditioning.
- Owner’s Forward Stateroom
- Large double berth to port and shelf with two storage cabinets outboard. Four generous storage drawers below.
- Teak ceilings on hull sides.
- Starboard hanging locker with louvered door.
- Sit-down vanity to starboard with two drawers and louvered cabinet below counter, flip-up vanity with mirror, storage, and swing-out seat. One teak cabinet and shelf above counter.
- Molded forward head with water closet, sink, new faucet 2012,vanity, mirror on door, toothbrush, cup, and toilet paper holders, teak towel rack, storage slider cabinets with mirrored finish, positive latches on teak floor grates.
- Molded shower stall with teak bench seat, shower curtain, and soap holder. Wet hanging area outboard. New Valve 2012
- Adjustable height shower head holder.
Aft Stateroom Crews Quarters and head
- Molded aft head with sink, new faucet 2012, and shower accessible from starboard aft stateroom and main cabin. Toothbrush, cup and toilet paper holders, teak towel rack, teak floor grate with positive latch, mirror on door. Outboard storage locker w/mirrored sliders.
- Starboard aft stateroom with double berth (two cushions), shelf over berth, vanity with two drawers and louvered cabinet, hanging locker, additional storage locker above engine compartment.
- Port aft stateroom with double berth (two cushions), shelf over berth, vanity with two drawers and louvered cabinet, extra large hanging locker (houses the optional washer/dryer), flip down bin above engine compartment, and full access to aft machinery spaces.
Foredeck Sail & Anchor Storage Locker
- Large sail and stowage locker, forward of owner’s stateroom accessed via overhead deck hatch.
- Bulkhead mounted ladder treads.
- Two stainless rails for securing spare lines and for anchoring mesh screens which serve as storage dividers.
- Access forward through ring frame bulkhead to anchor chain and rode.
- GRP infusion molded primary structural bulkhead with solid glass chainplate support areas.
- Secondary collision bulkhead aft of foredeck sail locker.
- Secondary collision bulkhead between aft cabins and lazarette.
- Additional secondary bulkheads individually glassed to hull and deck.
- Heavy duty glass floor beams infused to the hull for ultimate keel support and hull stiffening.
- Longitudinal hull beams infused to the hull for increased panel stiffness.
- Separate molded engine support structure glassed to hull.
- FRP-Beam mast step infused to hull structure.
- Heavy duty polished 316 stainless steel chainplates.
- Custom fabricated 316 stainless steel stemhead through bolted to a reinforced hull.
- Structural bulkhead outboard of rudder post for autopilot steering arm.
- 3M 5200 and stainless steel bolts for optimum hull to deck bond.
Hull and Deck
- Patented TPI resin infused “SCRIMP” composite sandwich construction.
- Aircraft grade end-grain balsa with biaxial and unidirectional glass fabric.
- Additional reinforcing in highly loaded areas.
- White Cook NPG ISO gelcoat on outer hull and deck surfaces.
- Interplastic vinylester resin on the outer hull layer.
- 4" minimum overlap of hull to deck joint.
- Aluminum full length ORC toe rail with amidships and aft chocks.
- Lewmar T-track toe-rails aft from mast to outboard of primaries.
- Molded companionway seahood with integral instrument pod.
- Molded transom swim platform: ladder to starboard of centerline with molded treads.
- Molded spray shield housing for standard cockpit dodger and frame.
- Molded aft lazarette lockers with watertight gaskets.
- Molded propane locker to starboard (outboard of wheel) vented overboard.
- Molded port cockpit seat locker with watertight gasket.
- Positive traction light gray nonskid on deck surface.
- Yanmar 4JH2-DTBE turbo-charged 88hp diesel for max speeds up to 9 knots.
- 4 cylinders with fresh water cooling.
- Yanmar C-type recessed engine instrument panel with lexan cover.
- Guages for tachometer, fuel, hours, temperature, amps.
- Audio alarms for water temperature and oil pressure.
- Vetus engine throttle control/gear shift mounted to custom pedestal top.
- Three blade featering prop
- Aquadrive 20200 engine drive thrust bearing
- PSS Shaft Seal for no-drip/low maintenance.
- Bronze cast custom strut with cutlass bearing.
- Heavy duty engine and optional generator exhaust hoses.
- Engine room ventilation blower.
- Silencer muffler for engine w/Vetus goose neck waterlock.
- Dual fuel filter system Racor
- Streamlined zinc.
- Engine underwent full service in 2013
- Balanced high aspect rudder constructed with unidirectional glass.
- High strength custom engineered and molded glass rudder shaft.
- New rudder bearings Tides/ strung
- Aluminum race wheel with leather wrap
- Edson pedestal top with guard and 5” Ritchie binnacle compass and throttle control.
- Gear ratio of 1.2:1 to facilitate installation of self-steering devices.
- 8” Edson steering sheaves with needle bearings and guards.
- Aluminum anodized emergency tiller.
- Tripod anodized aluminum rudder stop.
- 2500 inverter / Battery charger combo
- Battery paralleling switch to allow engine start with house batteries.
- Six new batteries 4 AGM 4D’s Parallel in (2) banks 2012
- New engine battery 2012
- New Generator Battery 2012
- 50 amp/120 VAC shore power with eight outlets and 50 amp shore cable.
- Marinco stainless 110V deck inlet.
- Bass #90-D1056BL deluxe backlit panel recessed into bulkhead with digital condition meters.
- Bonding system designed to ABYC regulation E-1.
- Propane electric solenoid switch.
- Propane solenoid warning light in galley with separate breaker on panel.
- (10) stainless Imtra “CABIN LAMP OCEAN” 60H 10W LED reading lights.
- (3) Hella #62079 fluorescent lights in head and galley.
- (17) ABI Marine #1836 stainless overhead red/white dome lights.
- (3) Main cabin courtesy lights.
- Hella nav station light.
- Light in side-opening refrigerator.
- Hella fans- universal “TURBO” with two-speed control switch.
- Navigation and steaming lights.
- Masthead 360 degree anchor light.
- Simrad Radar (new 2008)
- B&G hydra 2000 wind, speed, heading and depth
- Jumbo anolog wind display
- Regular anolog wind display
- Robertson Simrad auto pilot w/ Gyro fluxgate compass and heavy Ram remotes in frwd cabin, companionway, nav. Station and at the helm
- Simrad GPS, radar, GPS and chart plotter are all integrated with overlay and repeater in companionway
- New S.S.Radar mast (new 2008)
- Furuno GPS with own antenna
- USB set up for GPS to receive e-mail and weather
- Icom IC-M802 SSB
- Icom M-502 VHF radio
- Stereo with cabin and cockpit speakers
Plumbing & Tanks
- 95 gallons of fuel in two alloy fuel tanks with baffles and inspection/clean out ports.
- Dual Racor fuel and water separators w/changeover valve for fuel system.
- Fuel gauge and shut-off valve on fuel tanks.
- 157 gallon total water capacity in independently valved molded tanks and water heater.
- Fresh water tanks are secured and independently vented to the forepeak locker.
- Hot & cold pressure water system.
- Atlantic Stainless 12 gallon hot water heater w/110v and engine transfer.
- Independent self priming Attwood sump system for head shower drains.
- Electric icebox drain empties into Attwood sump.
- Primary bilge pump RULE #2000-10M w/anti-siphon valve.
- Whale Gulper 220 forward shower boost pump w/lighted switch in head.
- Two Guzzler check valves in forward and aft head sinks.
- Two Henderson MK-V manual bilge pumps mounted in cockpit and below
- Two electric fresh water heads.
- All Sanitation hose is Sealand “Odor Safe” head discharge hose.
- 18 gallon aft holding tank overboard “Y” discharge and deck pump-out.
- Jabsco Par water pump.
- Jabsco accumulator tanks for steady pressure & less pump wear.
- White/chrome water faucets in heads. (New 2012)
- Fresh water Whale Gusher Galley MK III twin diaphragm fresh water manual foot-pump.
- All flush mounted thru-hull fittings below the waterline.
- All seacocks labeled with tags.
- All plumbing hoses are double clamped below waterline.
Deck Hardware & Winches
- Two Electric Lewmar 66AST 3-speed self-tailing primary winches mounted in recess on coaming in cockpit.
- Two Lewmar 54AST 2-speed self-tailing secondary winch on starboard cabin top.
- Two Lewmar 54AST 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet winches.
- Two Lewmar 10” winch handles.
- Four PVC handle holders.
- Hardware and Blocks
- Lewmar Ocean Racing 6:1 mainsheet traveler system with allowing adjustment from the helm, cockpit winches, and forward of traveler bar.
- Two Lewmar ocean racing 6804 mainsheet footblocks with lock-offs mounted on angled bosses outboard of traveler to P&S aft of mainsheet winches.
- Lewmar 105mm 1101 swivel mainsheet blocks.
- Custom dodger w/aft SS covered grab rail. Kal-glass windows w/covers.(new 2013)
- Custom helmsman’s bimini (new 2013)
- Two Schaefer “half moon” genoa lead blocks for 1-1/4 inch T-track.
- Two Lewmar Ocean Racing 105mm 6101 genoa footblocks on angled bosses. (New 2012)
- Four 1-1/4”x 6’ Clear anodized genoa and jib tracks.
- Four double Lewmar 2014 halyard and reef stoppers on aft end of cabin trunk.
- Two Schaefer 6085 Series 7 four-sheave halyard/reef organizers to P&S.
- Five Lewmar 80mm single halyard blocks & three 60mm high-load reef blocks.
- One Lewmar 1014 spinnaker tack outhaul stopper.
- Two Lewmar Ocean Racing 80mm 6805 footblocks with lock-offs outboard of primaries for spinnaker sheet and checkstay lead to cockpit.
- Two Lewmar Ocean Racing 105mm single blocks w/beckets for spin. sheets.
- 2:1 tackline utilizing Lewmar 80mm blocks on sprit.
- Two Harken 280 cleats on starboard cabin side near cockpit for snuffer control lines.
- Two Lewmar Ocean Racing 105mm singles w/ beckets for checkstays.
- One Lewmar 1012 single stopper for headsail furling.
- One Lewmar 2012 double stopper for tack & sprit control line to lead to winch.
- One Lewmar Ocean Racing 60mm block for roller furler.
- Two Spinlock winch feeders for leading lines from coaming mounted stoppers to secondary winches.
- Custom 316 stainless mast collar polished with ten bales and halyard bar.
- 1-1/4" clear aluminum "T" track aft to cockpit for outboard jib and genoa leads.
- Tapered double 316 s.s. 28” lifeline stanchions, gates (P & S), & heavy duty bases.
- 316 s.s. double 28” bow pulpit and split stern pushpit with gate to starboard.
- Custom 316 stainless stemhead with anchor line roller and anchor retainer.
- (9) Lewmar Ocean Series bronze tinted acrylic hatches with aluminum frames: 30” x 30"(size 77) above foredeck storage area, two 22” x 22” above forward stateroom area and main cabin, four 12” x 12” vent hatches in forward shower and aft cabins, two 10” x 10” above galley and aft head.
- (17) Bomar opening ports on cabin trunk and cockpit sides.
- Anchor rode pipe with chain grip windlass
- FRP companionway hatch w/2-part Lexan drop-board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
- (6) 12” x 20” sheet and halyard line bags shipped loose.
- Four dorade cowl vents over main cabin with bug screens.
- 316 stainless steel handrails on cabin top port and starboard.
- 316 stainless shroud chainplates, covers and backstay tang.
Spar Boom & Sprit Pole
- Hall Spars Aluminum Mast
- Checkstay tangs: Gibb type backing plate for hook terminals with rubber plug and stainless keeper plate.
- Exits: five slot type exits for halyards with stainless rub bars, two slot exits for checkstays.
- Schaefer 30-09 tack reef block.
- Fold-away mast stair.
- Wiring conduit of polycarbonate tube adequately sized for mast electronics and lighting cables
- Hall Antal mast track (601.121) with loader and end fittings
- Antal #60 three slider headboard and carriage
- (4) Antal #50 sliders with tri-ax joint (accepts battslide fitting)
- (5) Antal #50 sliders between battens
- 237 section, aluminum boom with angle cuts.
- Inboard end with integrally welded assembly for outhaul and reef lines.
- Internal vang lug to accept D-40 Quik Vang.
- Internal 18:1 adjustable outhaul.
- Stainless mainsheet bale for end boom sheeting.
- Outboard end integrally welded aluminum sheave box with (1) outhaul sheave and (2) reef sheaves. Designed for loose footed mainsail.
- Boom coated in off-white Awlgrip.
- Bow Sprit
- Advanced Composites laminated, tapered carbon fibre bowsprit which extends up to 7’ in front of the stem.
- 2:1 outhaul control led aft to cockpit.
- Endcap with stainless “diamond” padeye, and molded flange to minimize water seepage when beating in heavy seas.
- All control lines led to cockpit
- Spectra runners (new 2006).
- Spectra Lazy Jacks (new 2006)
- Spectra Vang line (new 2014)
- Main sheet
- Genoa/Jib sheets
- spinnaker “Y” sheet
- (2) Spectra Main halyards
- Spectra Jib Sheets
- Two jib/genoa halyards
- Two spinnaker halyards
- Lewmar spinnaker rigging
- Tack/clew reef lines, bow sprit launch line, (2) traveler control lines, burgee halyard.
- Navtec discontinuous Nitronic 50 rod rigging with Series 500 tip cups, tip & standard turnbuckles, tapered stemball fittings for the spreaders, and stemball fittings for rod termination on the mast. Rod sizes include -30 headstay, -22 backstay, -40 V1s, -30 V2s, -22 V3-D4s & D1s, -12 D2s, and -10 D3s.
- Master vang (New 2014).
- Sailtech -22 Integral hydraulic backstay (new 2014).
Windlass & Ground Tackle
- Lewmar Windlass
- 230’ chain
- CQR Anchor
- Integral hawse pipe.
- 2 direction 12V control box mounted at helm.
- 2 direction remote control mounted in forepeak locker.
- Breaker panel mounted in Nav station
- Installation and cabling to Nav station
North 2A AIRX 600
NORTH 2A-H NORLON 150
NORTH 3A NORLON 150
QUANTUM GENNAKER 1.5 NYLON
NORTH 2A AIRX 700
- Quantum Sails (New March 2006)
- Carbon Main
- #4 Carbon 100%
Additional Equipment and upgrades
Radar and Antenna for Sinrad system (New 2008)
Stove (New 2008, hardly used)
New canvas 2013, covering for all winches and hatches.
80% of the running rigging replaced in 2007
Rewired for computer interface
- 12 volt outlets in main cabin and forepeak
- New Bottom Paint Sep 2011
- Screens for all hatches and ports
- New heavier guage lifelines
- S.S. cowel vents
- New Dodger and bimini 2013
- GRP molded box.
- Voral hose.
- Northern lights generator
- Full service in 2013
- Fresh water cooling.
- 180 amp alternator w/Lestec voltage regulator.
- Safety shut-downs.
- Operator’s manual and parts list.
- Fuel filter, hoses.
- many spares
- Village Marine Watermaker
- 800/30 gal. per day/hour water production capacity. AM control panel, modular electric pump, & membranes.
- Standard prefilters.
- Misc. Material: wire, hose, fittings, clamps, terminals, breaker, fasteners, mounting surface.
- Seafrost Refrigeration
- New DC motor driven system.
- 3 cold plate design: (2) plates for freezer, (1) plate for refrigerator.
- Full flow condenser with copper-nickel core, no-pressure drop design, zinc anode.
- VCU factory calibrated refrigerant control.
- (2) temperature gauges.
- Control panel mounted in galley.
- 110 volt watercooled condensing unit.
- Allows direct 110V refrigeration independent of primary system at dockside.
- Framed Burgee, "Hawaii" not included
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from JK3 Nautical Enterprises, Inc.
San Diego, CA, United States
San Diego, CA, United States
Alameda, CA, United States
Custom 56 Cruiser/Racer
San Diego, CA, United States
Houston, TX, United States
Bruckmann Zurn 42 Daysailer
San Diego, CA, United States