- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 488,000 Tax Not Paid
Price reduced from 575 000 $ To 488 000 $
Garcia 68 - 4 Cabins- Year 1997
S/Y Lifesong is a solidly built, high performance cutter-rigged sloop. She is comfortable, safe , fast and meticulously maintained by owner .
The unit has been built in France, is well- equipped and regularly inspected. Last Insurance Survey was completed in April 2016.
Please contact Ziad Rizkallah at +590690102030
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Joubert Nivelt Design
Flag of Registry: Canada
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 68 ft 0 in
Beam: 17 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 10 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 0 in
Displacement: 32000 kgs
Total Power: 150 HP
Engine Brand: Man
Year Built: 1997
Engine Model: 820
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 6700
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 150 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (1000 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (1800 Liters)
Holding Tanks: (500 Liters)
Number of double berths: 4
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
Plotter - Raymarine E series
Radar - Raymarine 4 kw
VHF - Icom ic-M502
GPS - Garmin 128
Navigation center - Raymarine E series
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail - Harken
Hydraulic winch - 4 ELECTRICAL + 8 Manual
Electric bilge pump
Fresh water maker - 150 L H
Air conditioning - 36 000 BTU
Sea water pump
Generator - 10 KVA 7800 H
Inverter - First inverter from 24V to 220V 2500W & Second inverter from 24V to 110V 2500W
Shore power inlet - MAIN 220V & 110V
Tender - + Outboard 18 HP tohatsu
Accommodation below deck
2 cabins aft with double berth and pilot berth with each own shower-toilet
2 cabins forward with double berth with each own shower-toilet
Below decks, this unit is symmetrical along the length axis. Forward of the mast, there are two double cabins (port and starboard), each with a large double bunk, large locker, and two large drawers under the bunk and plenty of additional dry storage. Each forward cabin has an en-suite head/shower/sink bathroom forward. Head is electrical Lavac vacuum type. Linen, towels, custom-made Ultrasuede emerald bed spreads. Forward heads have a by-pass allowing overboard discharge or black tank (located in forward sail locker). The black tank may be emptied through a pump-out opening or by a dedicated pump overboard (outside of the three mile limit) operated from the starboard bathroom (key operated switch and level indicator). From the mast to the central companionway, the salon/dining room/galley encompasses all the space. Dining room is around a cherry wood topped oval table, sapphire blue Italian leather sofa (new 2008 in impeccable condition) and two chairs. U-shaped galley, safe and comfortable at sea, with double sink, hot and cold water, gimballed four burner gas range with oven, micro-wave, large refrigerator, large freezer, additional fridge and freezer, automatic espresso coffee grinder/maker, dishwasher, Guzzini design china, glasses and cutlery. Starboard side leather settee with stereo, amplifier, cd-player and tv screen behind. Plenty of storage space in cupboards as well as under settees. Companionway leading to central cockpit.
At the end of each corridor are located the port and starboard aft cabins, each with a double berth and a pilot berth above with plenty of storage space in lockers and drawers.
Linen, towels, custom-made Ultrasuede aquamarine bed spreads for double berth as well as pilot.
Between the two aft cabin under the aft companionway is located the cocoon sound insulated generator set, with access from under the aft companionway, as well as two large removable side panels in the port and starboard cabins. The pressured water hot tank, a dual system battery charger and 24vdc to 220vac 2500w inverter are located in this compartment.
There are two cockpits:
One central cockpit with canvas bimini and dodger arrangement that allows full enclosure against wind and rain, as well as rolling up sides, central dodger panel and aft panel for air circulation. The central cockpit is equipped with leaf table seating eight and cockpit cushions.
A great place to be when weather is foul or else to be used as an additional room for relaxing, dinning in a fully protected area.
One central companionway leads below decks into the galley/salon area.
One aft cockpit, around which most of the power and sailing controls are located: the steering station with the wheel and the electronic console in front, the engine controls, as well as all the winches necessary to control sails under way. The aft companionway leads directly to the navigation station. The steering station is protected by a bimini suspended to a gantry supporting the aerials, antennas and radar radome as well as the articulated davits that secures the dinghy while underway.
The nav station is located between the two aft cabins; it opens onto the aft cockpit via the aft companionway. The main breaker panels 220v ac, 110v ac, 24v dc, 12v dc are located right above the chart table. The main hand operated switches for the house batteries, main engine, generator, and other by-passing switches are located on the starboard side of the chart table.
The primary navigation and communication instruments are located just above the chart table.
A complete, up-to-date illustrated operations manual has been developed by the captain, detailing all procedures required to ensure effective and safe operations of all systems
Located above the crash box and under the Maxwell 3500 w windlass, it is separated from the forward sail locker by a watertight bulkhead. It drains directly to the sea.
The engine room is located under the central companionway. It is accessible by lifting the stairs as well as from two large double door port and starboard, located in each corridor leading to the aft cabins. The main engine, the water-maker as well as the air conditioning chilled water unit are located in the engine room.
Along each corridor is located a bathroom with shower/sink/electric lavac vacuum head with plenty of storage space. The port bathroom has a large locker with first aid kit, dirty linen storage. The starboard bathroom has a similar locker for storage of foul weather gear and floating jackets.
Forward and separated from the two forward heads by another watertight bulkhead, a large sail locker house the bow thruster, the forward battery bank as well as the main black water tank. This compartment has its own bilge pumps (manual and electric)
• Main: North Spectra 125 Sqm fully batten main on harken cars (2008); double purchased halyard. Three slab reefing system; rings on hooks at the mast and sheathed reef lines aft, leading to a dedicated manual self-tailing harken winch on the mast for the three reef lines and the out-haul line. Lazy jacks and sail bag protect the furled sail. Genoa and staysail: both are roller-furling sails, each controlled by a mechanical Profurl system leading the furling lines to a two speed electrical self-tailing harken winch on the starboard side of the aft cockpit. • Genoa: North Spectra 135% 127 Sqm (2008) • Staysail: North Spectra 51.3 Sqm (2008) • Gennaker: 130 Sqm (new), on articulated bowsprit and flying furling system controlled by a running loop on the port side (2012).
Sails and Rigging
Currently equipped for fast cruising with a cutter rig and fully-battened main, she can be converted easily to roller furling mainsail either in mast or boom for a more leisure sailing.
• Marechal aluminium 3-spreader, keel stepped mast • Harken battcar mainsail track system • Stainless steel solid rod-rigging • Genoa roller furling on electric self-tailing winch • Staysail roller furling on same electric self-tailing winch • Gennaker on articulated bowsprit and flying furler • Navtec hydraulic boom vang • Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster • Winches (12) • 2 x Harken 980.2 electric, 2-speed self-tailing primaries • 1 x Harken 66 electric, 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet • 2 x Harken 56.2 manual, 2-speed self-tailing halyards • 2 x Harken 48 manual, 2-speed self-tailing running backstays • 1 x Harken 48 electric, 2-speed self-tailing genoa furler • 2 x Harken 32 manual, 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet car traveller • 1 x Harken 48 manual, 2-speed self-tailing reef lines and outhaul • 1 x Harken 48 manual, 2-speed self-tailing boom control • Spinnaker pole: stored in front of the mast • Jockey pole: stored on the port deck
Two large lazarette compartments behind the aft cabins, house the automatic pilot, the shore power electric panel and isolation transformer as well as numerous miscellaneous boat supplies for maintenance, repairs or replacement. It is equipped with two electric bilge pumps.
• Raymarine E series chart plotter master station at Nav station. • Raymarine E series slave station at helm. • Raymarine radar 4 kw on aft frame interfaced with e series chart plotter at Nav station and helm station. • Passive AIS interfaced with chart plotter at Nav station and helm station. • Raymarine man overboard sensor. • Brookes & Gatehouse hydra 2 log, depth and wind instruments at Nav station and helm station. • Garmin 128 GPS at Nav station. • Robertson (Simrad) dual cylinder autopilot (+spare pump) at helm • Navtex 4 at Nav station (not used) • Thrane and Thrane satcom c at Nav station (not used) • Icom ic-m502 vhf (+ spare identical unit) at Nav station and remote microphone at helm station. • Icom SSB (not used) • Globalstar satellite phone at Nav station (not used) • Iridium satellite phone (fixed or portable) at Nav station.
Halyards and mast hardware
Fully equipped carbon spinnaker boom stored vertically along the mast with topping lift and dedicated manual self-tailing harken winch on deck. Jockey pole on port deck. (Both never used)
Mast port-side: all the halyards on this side are lead to a deck mounted manual self-tailing harken winch on the port side.
• Spinnaker boom topping lift • Secondary genoa halyard • Primary staysail halyard • Mainsheet
Mast starboard side: all the halyards on this side are lead to a deck mounted manual self-tailing harken winch on the starboard side.
• Spinnaker/gennaker halyard • Primary genoa halyard • Secondary staysail halyard • Mainsail boom topping lift
Sheet handling, running backstays control
Two genoa tracks with harken cars and stoppers leading to two harken deck sheaves and two primary electric two-speed self-tailing harken winches.
Two short staysail tracks with cars and stoppers leading to two harken deck sheaves and the same primary winches.
One mainsail sheet on harken deck sheaves and harken car traveller leading to an electric two speed self-tailing harken winch.
Car traveller position is controlled by a harken system and two manual self-tailing harken winches.
Running back-stays controlled by two manual self-tailing harken winches.
• MAN diesel engine 110 kw approximately 6,700 hrs (detailed log available) • ZF shaft driven gearbox • 50 mm stainless steel shaft • 3-blade Max-prop • Sidepower bow thruster 24v dc 15kw (300 mm tube) (new 2008, refit 2016) • Generator northern lights 10 kw 230v ac approximately 7,800 hrs (detailed log available) (removed and revised 2012) • 36000 btu Ocean Marine 230v ac chilled water air conditioning system (in engine room) • Aquatec water-maker 230v ac 150l/hr (new 2013) (in engine room) • Seafrost 230v ac freezer refrigerator water cooled system with 3 plates (2 in freezer, 1 in refrigerator) (new raw water circulating pump 2016) • Fisher Paykel dishwashing machine • 110 v ac refrigerator-freezer u-line combo (air cooled) • Denon and Karman–Harmon sound system in main cabin and cockpits • 4 x Electric Lavac toilets-each hooked up to holding tanks • 4 x Grohe shower heads & mixer & stainless steel sinks
• Electric Maxwell windlass 3500w (inspected 2015) • Main anchor 88 Delta with 330 ft of 12mm chain • Fluke spare anchor 1 (40kg) with 100 ft of chain and rode. • Fluke spare anchor 2 (40kg) with 300 ft of rode • Danforth spare anchor 3 (44lb) with 300 ft of rode • Sea anchor, chain and rode
Batteries, Chargers and Inverters
Forward in sail locker: 4x12v AGM batteries for a total of 600 Ah dedicated to windlass and bow thruster (New fall 2015)
Under the chart table: • 12x2v gel batteries for a total of 850 Ah dedicated to house as well as starting engine (new 2013)
In port lazarette: • 2x12v AGM batteries for a total of 250 Ah dedicated to starting the generator. (new 2012)
The three battery banks may be switched together either for charging or usage. • Battery charger 1: Mastervolt 2500 w • Battery charger 2: 1000 w • Inverter 1: Mastervolt 2500 w 24v dc/220v ac (in generator compartment) • Inverter 2: Mastervolt 2500w 24v dc/110v ac (in starboard lazarette) • 230v ac (European sockets) and 110v ac (North American sockets) available throughout the vessel.
• 14.5ft abs rib inflatable dinghy + 18hp Tohatsu outboard • 10ft Zodiac inflatable dinghy • 15 Hp mercury spare outboard
• 4 scuba aluminium air tanks • 1 set of scuba diving equipment • Assorted masks, fins, snorkels • Assorted foul weather gear
Spares and Manuals
• Equipment manuals stored in a starboard locker at the navigation station • Numerous spares (bilge pumps, waste pumps, valves, float-switches, fuel filters, oil filters for engine and genset, water-maker, etc..) • Sailing spares • Electric and mechanical supplies and tools for most emergency repairs at sea
• 2 Viking 6 persons offshore life rafts last serviced 2012 • 2 Life buoys and strobe lights • Horseshoe buoy • Jonbuoy or equivalent • 10 x lifejackets • 2 x ACR 406mhz EPIRB’s • 1 x ACR 9.2-9.5 Mhz SART • 2 x automatic fire extinguishers in genset room • 4 x Electric 24v dc bilge pumps • 2 x manual bilge pump • 1 electric 24v dc high capacity pump • 2 Automatic fire extinguishers in engine room • 4 x manual fire extinguishers • 1 x fire blanket • Distress signals located around the aft companionway or under the chart table • 2 x Hand held portable VHF radio • “Walkie talkies”
LAST IMPROVEMENTS IN 2016
New 220VAC raw water circulating pump for freezer-fridge
New 220VAC raw water circulating pump for air-conditioning
Autopilot completely overhauled
Bow thruster motor completely overhauled
2016: Side Power bow thruster Serviced.
New freezer-fridge raw water circulating.
Autopilot completely overhauled
Bow Thruster motor completely overhauled
2015: Hull under the waterline sanded, primed and 3 coats of anti-fouling applied.
Numerous deck fittings changed.
Batteries for the bow thruster is new.
Raw water air conditioning circulating pump (220 VAC) rewired
The teak deck is clean + redone 15 mm teak deck laid.
Engine repainted and cleaned.
110V / 220V
La société offre les informations relatives à ce navire de bonne foi mais n'est pas en mesure de garantir l'exactitude de ces informations ni l'état du navire. Il revient à l'acheteur d'instruire ses agents ou ses experts afin de vérifier et de faire valider les informations de son choix. Ce navire est offert sous réserve d'une vente préalable
Other Boats from HAREL YACHTS
Saint Martin, St. Barthilemy
Ketch 101' -FEB 2009
Caribbean, St. Maarten/St. Martin
Unknown, St. Maarten/St. Martin
Unknown, St. Maarten/St. Martin
Sportfish Offshore Express4300
Saint Barthélémy, St. Maarten/St. Martin
Unknown, St. Maarten/St. Martin