- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 165,000
Classic Design Married to Modern Technology
The owners want this beautiful boat sold before winter and have lowered the price by almost $25,000.
If you have been watching her, now is the time to move!
Over the years, yachting has evolved into wanting to have your home and all of it's amenities floating in the slip. The cookie cutter boats line the docks, with one huge stern after the other. That's just fine for most boaters but, for those of us who have a soft spot for the classics, it's not what we want.
Along the lines of other classic yachts, the Block Island 40 stands out as one of the most beautiful and well found boats you could ever call your own. When Eric Woods, owner of Migrator Yachts, decided to build the Block Island 40, he made a few design improvements. The deckhouse is a little longer than the original, the centerboard and rudder are more efficient; and modern materials like AIREX coring in the hull are used. The rig is simple and the decks uncluttered.
Manitou is a lovely, well-mannered yacht. Her design is poetry on the water and her owners have been the most excellent care takers. She has been used in the Chesapeake Bay by her current owners but, is fully capable of open ocean work. Her centerboard design makes her perfect for the shallower waters of the Bay and in open water, the board allows sparkling upwind performance.
If you experience the draw of classic elegance, and appreciate an expertly maintained boat, Manitou is for you.
- Versatile yawl rig
- Centerboard with only 4'2" draft, board up, and 8'10" when down
- Beautiful light, bright interior with reverse cycle heat and air
- Espar diesel heat for three season use
- New headliner installed at Hinckley
- Extensive canvas, sun covers, sun shades and full boat cover
- Teak is flawless, just finished in 2015
- Dinghy and outboard included
- Only 1566 hours on her Yanmar 4JHE
- Entire boat is lightly used and meticulously maintained
Don't miss this opportunity. You simply can not duplicate Manitou.
Honestly, this is one of the most spectacular yachts I have been fortunate enough to represent. Everything is first rate.
Listed by Michele Martinage, who has been
helping satisfied customers buy and sell yachts for 28 years.
She's always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell which is
Please contact Michele Martinage at (410) 708-4416
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Migrator Yacht Co.
LOA: 40 ft 8 in
Beam: 11 ft 10 in
LWL: 29 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 2 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 7800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 50 ft 0 in
Total Power: 51 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1997
Engine Model: 4JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1600
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 51 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (126 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (47 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Manitou has a very traditional layout and is designed for a cruising couple. The owner's cabin is forward for the most headroom and privacy. The berths (with filler) are 6'8" long. The cabin has ash battens, good light, ventilation and storage.
The head is next aft and has two entries adding to the owner's seclusion. There is a vanity with stainless steel sink and showerhead faucet, molded shower pan with grates, storage and a marine toilet with "Y" valve and holding tank.
Amidships is a "U" shaped dinette with a teak table and facing starboard settee. The table is on a gas filled pedestal, converting the dinette to a double berth 6'4" long. Manitou has extra storage underneath and behind the settee's instead of pilot berths, which can be found on other models. There are lee cloths both port and starboard.
To starboard of the companionway is a sit down navigation station with a forward point of view, so you can be secure on either tack. There is also a wet locker.
The galley is aft, and to port of the companionway for air and light. It is "U" shaped and is a safe and efficient place to work.
The interior of Manitou is absolutely gorgeous. The use of an off white finish on vertical surfaces trimmed in satin finish teak is clean, bright and traditional. Deck prisms invite natural light into the already bright interior and create an interior that is very pleasant, even on the dreariest of days.
- All interior upholstery is teal Ultrasuede and is in beautiful condition.
- Interior appointments such as rugs and pillows convey.
- She has air conditioning while at the dock and an Espar diesel heater for those chilly days out on the water.
- New "Sound Down" headliner installed at Hinckley
Manitou is the perfect classic yacht. She is breathtakingly beautiful and is the epitome of class and sailing performance.
The galley is "U" shaped and on the port side as you enter the cabin. It is a safe and efficient galley in which to work.
- Double bowl stainless steel sinks.
- Force 10 gimbaled stainless steel propane stove with oven and safety bar.
- Sea Frost 110V engine drive refrigerator/freezer in 7.5 cu.ft. insulated box with two hinged lids and vinyl coated wire racks.
- Generous counter space.
- Ample food and dish storage.
- Trash basket.
- (2) Utensil drawers.
- (3) Overhead lights
- (2) 10 lb. propane tanks housed in lazarette with electric and manual shut off.
Sails & Rigging
Manitou's yawl rig lends unmatched versatility and allows her to be comfortable in all conditions. Her working sails are cleaned and reviewed every year by Meade Breese Sailmaker
- Working Jib
- Storm Jib (never used)
- Mizzen Staysail (never used)
- Spinnaker (never used)
- Canvas covers for main and mizzen were new in '09.
- Both main and mizzen masts are painted aluminum, tapered and keel stepped with airfoil spreaders.
- All internal wires in masts are secured, yet removable.
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Boom vang
- Genoa tracks are toerail mounted.
- Jib tracks with low profile cars are mounted on deck.
- Lewmar mainsheet traveler with Harken Hexaratchet System, cockpit mounted.
- Anderson winches are as follows: (2) Primaries, self tailing 2 speed - 48ST; (2) Halyard, self tailing 2 speed - 30ST; (1) Centerboard, self tailing -16ST; (1) Main reefing - 8C; (1) Mizzen halyard - 6C
- (3) Winch handles
- Deck is hand laminated with 1 1/2 oz. mat, 18 oz. biaxial and 24 oz. directional fiberglass cored with 3/4" end grain balsa.
- Deck is bonded to hull by 3M 5200 on the 6" flange and bolted every 6" by 1/4"x20 stainless bolts.
- Stanchion bases and genoa tracks fasten through deck and hull flange.
- Midship chocks of stainless steel.
- Solid teak toe rail.
- Exterior teak refinished in 2015
- Bow and Stern pulpits.
- Jack lines
- Electric windlass with foot switches at bow.
- Washdown pump in anchor locker.
- Plow anchor with chain and rode
- Danforth anchor
- Dodger (Canvas by Victoria)
- Mizzen awning (Meade Breese)
- Dodger, mizzen awning and connecting panel in "Cadet Grey" Sunbrella
- Hatch covers, companionway screening, binnacle cover and winch covers.
- Cockpit cushions are closed-cell foam covered with Phiphertex
- (8) Loose cockpit pillows covered in "Oyster" Sunbrella
- Summer awning canvas cover from main mast to stern with aluminum cross supports for use at anchor.
- Full Fairclough winter canvas cover with stainless framework.
- Large teak cockpit table seats 5 for dinner
- Small teak cockpit table for drinks
- 2003 Achilles 8'8" Inflatable
- 1992 Johnson 4HP OB
- Port boarding gate and ladder.
- (2) Stainless steel dorade vents on teak boxes.
- (3) Deck Prisims.
- (4) Cockpit Scuppers
- (4) Deck Scuppers
- (2) opening hatches.
- (11) Opening Lewmar Ports
- Magma Gas Grill
- Life Sling with bracket
- Fenders, docklines and coast guard gear.
- Jack lines.
- Man Overboard Pole.
- Horseshoe with "Manitou" on it.
- (2) Boat Hooks
- The Hull is an overbuild of hand layup construction.
- Materials are ISO gelcoat, vinyl ester and general purpose resin and a combination of 1 1/2 oz mat, 18 oz and 24 oz bi-ax fiberglass with an AIREX core.
- Hand laid one-piece hull has 6" hull flange.
- Extra laminate in all areas of stress concentration.
- Centerboard trunk is laminated within the hull structure.
- Centerline, ballast and sump areas are in excess of one inch solid glass resin.
- Interior of hull is gel coated.
- Molded fiberglass rudder with solid density polyester compound.
- Rudder stock is 1 1/2 " stainless steel and fully webbed inside the rudder.
- Rudder attachment to hull is by cast bronze rudder shoe, stuffing box at hull and a bearing at the cockpit sole.
- Centerboard is molded fiberglass.
- Centerboard pin in 1 1/2" stainless steel.
- Centerboard pennant leads aft to self tailing winch on cabin top at cockpit.
- Autohelm Knot, Depth, Wind Speed/ Wind Direction
- Autohelm ST6000, internal drive, autopilot.
- Raymarine Multi at nav station.
- Raytheon R20XX Radar at nav station.
- Raytheon Ray 201 VHF at nav station.
Manitou has full 12V and 110V ship's systems.
- There is a 12 volt and 110 volt custom, back lighted panel.There are 20, 12 volt and 4, 110 volt circuit breakers, lighted switch indicators and voltage and amp meters.
- Two AGM Batteries
- Wiring is color coded and to ABYC standards.
- There are (6) spun brass cabin reading lamps, (7) overhead glass lens lights and (1) navigation station lamp.
- There are full nav lights, steaming light on mast, combination anchor-tricolor and strobe at masthead, foredeck light on mainmast, flood light on mizzen mast and a compass light.
- (2) 30 amp Shore power inlets and cord.
- Link 10 Battery Monitor
- Xantrex True Charger 20
Plumbing and Mechanical
- Yanmar 4JHE, 51 HP with 1566 Hours and full instrumentation
- Three Blade Max Prop
- Morse control cables
- Racor fuel/water separator
- Cruisair 16K BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air Conditioning
- Espar Diesel Heater
- (6) Gallon stainless steel hot water heater
- Pressure hot and cold water to head and galley by 12v diaphragm pump.
- Electric sump pump for shower
- Electric and manual bilge pumps
- Non corrosive Marelon seacocks, through bolted and double clamped below waterline.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Deltaville, VA, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
SP Cruiser MK2
Rock Hall, MD, United States