- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Rowayton, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 465,000
SAFARI is an exceptional example of the successful Alden 56 "Down East" style flybridge motor yacht. Classic lines grace the exterior while abundant world class joinery decorate the interior spaces. Large, powerful, and fast enough to take on any sea state yet small enough to be handled easily by a couple she is a versatile yacht in every way, and a joy to be on board.
The current owner has gone through a thoughtful and thorough process of reviewing and renewing all systems and she is currently bristol and ready for cruising. She represents a tremendous value at her asking price as the quality of build and sheer size and comfort she affords in such and elegant setting would be hard to find in yachts of much higher prices.
SAFARI is highly recommended.
Contact Clute Ely direct at 203-981-2960 or email@example.com
Please contact Clute Ely at 203 866 0882
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
SAFARI (Refit 2013)
Designer: Ray Hunt
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 56 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (625 Gallons)
The Alden 56 Flybridge Motor Yacht is a sailor's powerboat: fast, quiet, dry, comfortable, and beautiful. The spacious flybridge affords a commanding view, combining fantastic visibility with plenty of room. Belowdecks, the Alden 56 is set up for comfortable family cruising and entertaining with a rare two full shower and head layout. Her salon includes a fully-updated entertainment center and dinner seating for six. Two cabins provide roomy accommodations for four - the forward owner's stateroom includes a queen-size bed, ample storage and a private head and adjoining separate shower. The guest cabin has a twin berth arrangement across from the additional full shower and head amidships. Alden craftsmanship is evident throughout their yachts, but nowhere clearer than in the hand carved joinerwork and over all attention to detail throughout their vessels... Alden always maintains a high level of "yachty-ness" for their boats and this is no exception. Despite ample power to move the hull at well over 20 knots, and underway, they're quiet enough to allow comfortable conversation down below.
The lower salon has a nice dining settee opposite the gourmet galley. Large counter top space and tons of cabinets make this galley down to starboard extraordinarily cruising friendly. Up a few steps to the salon, the fully-equipped lower station with a lovely bench seat is to port with a full bar with refrigerator and ice-maker to starboard. The helm is also cleverly covered in removable cabinetry which gives the area a more finished feel when closed off...also a great side door at the helm is super handy for accessing the side deck. Two opposite facing couch style settees on port and starboard are adorned with hand carved details which just raise the atmosphere in this space considerably. Entertainment center, large dinging table and lots of details like ship's lamps continue this theme.
The cockpit is accessed through double doors and the wide access really opens up the cabin spaces and connects them with the outdoors. The egress to the cockpit is also very gentle and the open feel is greeted with teak decking and varnished teak details. Side decks are wide and safe to navigate, another traditional hallmark of a good down east yacht. The swim platform is FRP with painted nonskid and stainless steel dinghy davits as well as extended exhaust to keep the area clean and free of soot. Finally the hull is painted in a classic dark Flag Blue accented by subtle underwater lighting to complete her striking image.
Up a few more steps to the flying bridge you can see great sight lines, two helm chairs and a large L-shaped settee for entertaining. The hard top is built out of fiberglass with the television, radar, and other antennas mounted above as well as a pair of retractable outriggers for the fishermen in the crew. She also has beautiful fresh EZ2CY enclosure glass making the space very sharp. A traditional yacht mast also holds a good amount of equipment including a rear-view camera as well as setting-off a jaunty image and the storage all around is just tremendous.
Abundant spaces, timeless downeast good looks and effortless power and safety at sea...SAFARI is a special yacht indeed.
- Recent professionally captain-maintained engines and all other systems
- Thorough engine overhaul port and starboard with cracked head replaced on starboard engine, cleaned aftercoolers, and all new hoses throughout and pre- and post-overhaul testing by CAT
- Painted and detailed engines and engine room
- All new batteries throughout (house, engines, generator, and bow-thrusters)
- New 4 sided-EZ2CY locking Flybridge Enclosure
- New state-of-the-art Furuno NavNet TZ Touch Navigation System (flybridge & lower helm with full 2 screen Raymarine back-up system overhead on flybridge)
- New stern-facing high-definition camera on mast
- New Samsung TV’s in Salon and Master Stateroom with NetFlix and other internet compatibility via international mobile hotspot
- New stereo system driving 30+ speakers throughout with iPhone / iPad compatibility
- All new custom interior cushions and soft goods throughout
- All new custom headliner and window treatments to match
- All new custom flybridge cushions
- New water heater
- New icemaker in salon
- New refrigerator in salon
- Thoroughly cleaned, repaired, or replaced all air-conditioning and heating systems, shower and water systems, and refrigeration units
- Repaired cockpit freshwater system and replaced hoses
- Refinished cockpit deck and flybridge ladder
- Installed underwater lights at stern
- All new USCG-compliant safety equipment
- Custom fender covers
Owners' personal items. A complete list will be provided upon request.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Grand Banks Yachts, LTD
39 Eastbay SX
Rowayton, CT, United States
43 Eastbay HX
Rowayton, CT, United States
49 Eastbay HX
Pelham, NY, United States