- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hamble, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 19,999 Tax Paid (US$ 25,057)
The boat that set the bar for over 100 sisterships to follow; star of magazine and test reports plus numerous articles on. She is presented ready to sail. Lifted out, scrubbed off, re-antifouled, prop polished, She can even stay on the berth for a period. NO HASSLE, JUST FUN.
Please contact MS&P Hamble at +44 (0)23 8045 5714
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: David Thomas
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
Keel: Twin Keel
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 27 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 2 in
LWL: 22 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 1 in
Displacement: 6052 lbs
Ballast: 2366 lbs
Total Power: 14 HP
Engine Brand: 1
Year Built: 1996
Engine Model: Nanni Diesel 2 Cyl
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 600
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 14 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (50 Liters)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
The Hunter Pilot 27 is a lovely boat for those wanting to sail in all weathers with the added advantage of an intrnal steering wheel.
Hunter performance and quality combine to make the Pilot 27 a staggeringly fast yet comfortable Category B Offshore sea cruiser.
The new generation twin keels with substantial bulbs gives exceptional stability whilst the long waterline hull maximises speed and space.
The single line mainsail reefs are operated from the safety of the cockpit and in all manners this is a keen little boat with fine seakeeping and safety in mind, whilst being no slouch.
- Nanni 2.50HE (14hp) diesel engine with a 2 blade propeller, "non-drip" Volvo stern gland and anode
- Anchor, warp and chain
- Approved gas system
- Bilge pump
- Cabin table
- Chart table
- Electric cabin lights
- Fire extinguisher
- Fuel capacity of 50 ltr
- Water capacity of 150 ltr
- Fuse panel wired from the battery
- Gimballed two burner cooker with oven and grill
- Inside steering, inc wiper, hatch, seat
- 7 controls & cockpit tiller
- Main sail, jib and all attendant rigging, 2 main reefs, jib furler, self tacking jib and lazy jacks
- Mainsail cover, sail bags and battens
- Marine sea toilet
- Navigation lights
- Pressurised hot and cold water system, calorifier and electric sump pump ans shower
- Pushpit,pulpit and transom swim/boarding ladder
- Two 12volt batteries with isolator
- Upholstered berth and saloon cushions with scatters, curtains and fittings
RCD Category B - Offshore
Wheelhouse hydraulic steering
Spacious forward cabin
The whole saloon deckhouse area is light and airy with outstanding views of the outside world.
As well as being plenty of room for six adults there is also masses of storage space in the form of lockers and shelves.
The Pilot 27 is a testament to the Hunter philosophy of comfort at sea!"
The headroom, work surface and stowage are all exceptional for a boat of this size.
The heads are placed by the companionway so wet oilskins do not need to travel through the saloon.
The large berths in the forward cabin can be arranged as two single or one double. In addition, there is a large double berth in the aft cabin and the table in the saloon can also be dropped down allowing an infill to form another double berth.
The Hunter Pilot 27 was designed by David Thomas for British Hunter. Although both fin-keel and twin keel versions of both were built, the twin-keel versions were more popular.
Hunter resolutely refused to call these boats bilge-keelers, quite rightly and justifiable so preferring the term 'twin fin' to emphasise the performance. The two keels are asymmetric, and angled, to provide lift when heeled. In practice, there is little performance difference in most conditions between fin and bilge-keeled British Hunters.
The Hunter Pilot 27 was built from 1996 to 2005, with around 100 in total produced. The hull design appears to be the same as the Hunter Channel 27, a cruiser without deckhouse, produced from 1999 onwards.
Single Laminate GRP Hull, deck and superstructure.
Epoxied and antifouled from new.
'Hands Off Too' or HOT to those who know her....!
- Smart Blue Hull.
- White Deck & Pilothouse
- 2 x Dodgers ( Name or number as appropriate )
- Standard sail cover Plus Lazy jack sail bag as required
FORECABIN: Seperate double berth in forepeak,Lewmar forehatch with fly screen and blackout. Transducer access in non-flooding compartment.
MAIN SALOON: DOUBLE berth facility in Saloon with dinette arrangement and linear Galley to starboard that includes single sink, double burner cooker with grill and oven.
Huge ice box under seat. Hot and cold water.
Internal steering position to starboard.
HEADS: Separate WC compartment with shower to port.
AFT DOUBLE CABIN:
EBERSPACHER CENTRAL HEATING FOR SNUG SAILING IN COLDER WEATHERS
Deck, Sails and Spars
Hyde Fully Battened Main & Batten roller cars and Self tacking jib. Single line reefing system with stack pack mainsail cover.
2 x Asymetrics with snuffers.
2 Spinnaker Poles ( 1 Folding )
Sail controls for Asymetric
Spare Mainsail & Jib.
2 x 14 Lewmar self tailing winches ( Port & Starboard )
Engines, Tankage and Electrics
- Nanni Diesel 2.50 HE 14hp Twin cylinder.
- 10 Gallon Plastic fuel tank with sight glass. Rope stripper on shaft.
- Freshwater tank
- Calorifier/Hot water tank. Hot & Cold electric pumped water taps.
- Serviced annually and with recent new exhaust bend
- 240v Shore power with immersion heater for hot water, inc lead.
- Battery Charger & Condition meter
- 2 x 85ah 12v AGM batteries
- Autohelm ST200 Self steering
- Furuno GP7100 Chart Plotter
- Navico compass
- Tack Tick Log, Speed, Depth and Wind instruments and repeater interfaced with GPS Plotter.
- Navman VHF DSC radio interfaced with plotter.
- Stowe Trailed log (' in case ! ')
- Lead line (' in case ! ')
- Horizon 500 Anchor winch with 10m of calibrated chain to main anchor & 30m of warp. Control switch plus remote cable.
- Bruse Kedge Anchor with chain & warp.
- 2 x Manual Bilge pump ( I fixed, the other portable )
- Domestic Radio/CD player.
- Transom window.
- Boarding ladder
- Horseshoe life belt,
- Motoring cone,
- Anchor ball,
- Boat hooks
- Dan bouy
- Spinlock tiller extension
- Fuel can, Bosuns stores, Binoculars
- Crockery and Cutlery
- Gas & Electric kettles
- Red Ensign.
- 5 Crewsaver Life Jackets
- 2 x 12v submersible pumps
- Emergency VHF aerial
- Express 4 man life raft.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Other Boats from Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd
Hamble, Hampshire, United Kingdom