1995 Sabre 38 MKII
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Vineyard Haven, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 125,000
The Sabre 38 Mark II is known for its superb performance and quality construction. Built in Maine by craftsmen who care about their product, the Sabre 38 makes a terrific cruising boat and has been successfully raced as well. Several Sabre 38's have crossed oceans, and, competed in races like the Transpac from California to Hawaii, with some written accounts of the passages available on the internet. "King Kiwi" has had the same owner since new and has been stored inside during the off season. She has Schaefer FURLING BOOM, new 2015 with Doyle furling mainsail, also new 2015. Her 135% Doyle Quicksilver genoa is one year old. "King Kiwi" has the 4'11" DELTA WING fixed keel.
Cell phone 781.254.2385
Please contact Shepard Shove, CPYB at 508-693-8900
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 4 in
LWL: 31 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 11 in
Displacement: 16900 lbs
Ballast: 6600 lbs
Total Power: 38 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1995
Engine Model: 38B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 300
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 38 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (106 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (45 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (38 Gallons)
The general layout is master stateroom forward, salon and dining area amidships (dining settee converts to an additional double berth), and double berth guest stateroom aft. There is one head with a large curtain enclosed shower area. For natural ventilation, there are 7 overhead hatches, 11 opening ports, and 4 dorade vents.
Interior bulkheads and cabinets are American cherry wood throughout. Salon cushions are Ultra-suede (sand)
Stateroom cushions are dark blue fabric
- Full width double vee berth with drawers under.
- Hanging locker.
- Upper shelves port and starboard.
- Seat aft to port.
- Sink with hot/cold pressure water ensuite aft to port.
- Large overhead hatch.
- 2 opening ports (port and starboard).
- 3 overhead lights.
- Large double berth partially beneath cockpit.
- Hanging locker.
- 4 - storage cabinets.
- Seat forward to port.
- Overhead hatch.
- 3 opening ports.
- New Raritan marine toilet with electric macerator (overboard or to holding tank).
- Sink with hot/cold pressure water.
- Shower with curtain enclosure.
- 1 opening port.
- Overhead hatch.
- Located aft, to port
- Manual foot pump for large icebox compartment for washing and cleaning when needed
- Various storage cabinets and drawers.
- Manual fresh water foot pump
- Double stainless steel sink
- Various cabinets and drawers
- CNG four burner stove with oven
- 90 amp high-output alternator
- two house and one starting battery
- 110 volt AC shore power system with numerous outlets and shore power cord
- 110 volt battery charger
- Electric macerator for holding tank
- Muir electric anchor windlass
- Harken electric winch on cabintop to run the Schaeffer furling boom
- Two tone white deck
- Flag blue hull, Awlgripped
- New varnish applied yearly, boat stored inside
- Schaefer roller furling boom and mainsail, new 2015, with Harken electric cabin top winch
- Harken MKII headsail roller furler
- Lewmar 54 CST primary winches
Dedicated electric Harken 40.2ST 12 winch for boom furler
Lewmar 40CST mainsheet winch
Lewmar 40CST spinnaker winch
Lewmar 30ST auxiliary 30C mast winch
Lewmar 30CST spare cockpit winch
- Back stay adjuster
- Custom Schaefer boom vang
- Cockpit dodger with elk hide grab handle
- Edson teak folding cockpit table
- Fresh water washdown system
- Bruce 33 lb. anchor and Fortress aluminum lunch hook
- Muir VCR 100 Electric Windlass with integrated deck swithes, custom chain channel for anchor chain/rode
- Max-Prop feathering propller
- KVH Quadro Network Three Displays, 50 selectable readouts, remote selection from wheel
- Furuno GPS integrated with Lenovo Computer,(computer available)
- Furuno 1721 radar , plus 1622 LCD remote display at wheel
- Radar, GPS and KVH all integrated
- Robertson Linear Drive below decks autopilot
- VHF radio/intercom, Shipmate Dual system: one unit at nav, currently non operating helm unit
- Hand held Icom VHF
- AM-FM cassette with 4 speakers, 2 in cabin and 2 in cockpit
- Furling mainsail with Schaefer Marine furling boom, mainsail by Doyle, both new in 2015
- Doyle Quicksilver 135% furling genoa, new 2016
- Code 0 UPS Utility Power Sail with furler and luff rope, new 2001, infrequently used
- Riding sail and rigging, designed at MIT for King Kiwi, stored in yellow bag in forepeak
- Extra mainsail, two years old
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.