1995 Najad 391
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 139,950 Tax Paid (US$ 195,524)
Great example of the much loved Najad 391 from 1995 still with her first owners who have enjoyed a lot of happy sailing on her. In fantastic condition she has been loved and cherished both on deck and below deck. It is now time for her and them to move on to new and exciting things.
Please contact Sophie Higgs at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Najad Yachts, Sweden
LOA: 39 ft 8 in
Beam: 11 ft 11 in
LWL: 33 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 9500 kgs
Ballast: 4200 kgs
Total Power: 76 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: TMD22
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 76 HP
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- The hull is built in a sandwich construction of GRP.
- The outermost laminate is laid by hand with roving using Isophall in polyester resin.
- The surface layer is of NGA gelcoat for maximum protection against water penetration.
- Balsa core strength and insulation.
- The bilge is reinforced with a longitudinal and transverse floor plate construction.
- There are additional longitudinal reinforcements (stringers) in the hull in the forward cabin and saloon.
- All main bulkheads are laminated on both sides to the hull.
- Transverse chain plate fittings laminated to the hull.
- The rubbing strake is an integral part of the hull and is fitted with a brass capping.
- Below the water line the hull is treated with epoxy primer and black antifouling paint.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck and coarchroof are built in sandwich construction in GRP with Divinycell core for strength and insulation.
- Hull and deck are laminated together in accordance with Lloyd’s specification and guidelines.
- Strengthened glass fibre laminate beneath stressed areas.
- Substantial teak capping.
- Three 35mm deck drains with outlets at the waterline.
- Teak decking with semco protection.
Keel & Rudder:
- The lead keel is bolted on with 13 x 20mm acid resistant stainless steel bolts.
- The join between the hull and lead ballast is stepped up to eliminate the shearing forces when going aground.
- Semi-balanced rudder in GRP with 50mm acid resistant stainless steel rudder post.
- Rudder fittings in cast bronze bolted to the skeg.
- Rudder post sealed with greased stuffing box.
- Emergency steering on rudder post by tiller.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta TMD22, 4-cylinder 4-stroke turbo marine diesel with fresh water cooling.
- Single lever engine control at the pedestal.
- Electrical starting motor, 1.8kW.
- Sound insulated engine room.
- The engine is easily accessible for servicing through a door in galley companionway, behind the companionway steps and through the cockpit floor.
Maintenance and Performance:
- Engine hours – approx 1897 as of September 2017.
- Cruising speed – approx 6.5 knots @ 2,700 rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx 8 knots @ 3,500rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 4 litres per hour.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 35mm propeller shaft in acid resistant stainless steel.
- Stern gland with water lubricated bearing.
- 3-bladed fixed propeller in bronze with shaft anode.
- Solimar steering pedestal in GRP with covered stainless steel wheel of diameter 900mm.
- Stainless steel chain and wire cable to a large quadrant.
- Shaft rope cutter.
- 12vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from shorepower.
- 2 x 140 amp.hr domestic battery (2016).
- 1 x 105 amp.hr domestic battery (2016).
- 1 x 75 amp.hr engine battery (2014).
- Current regulator for battery charging.
- Twin diodes for automatic charging of two battery banks.
- 60 amp alternator.
- Water and fuel meters.
- Batman voltmeter.
- Airbreeze wind turbine.
- Flexible solar panel.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water from calorifier, heated from engine or immersion heater.
- Manual bilge pump operated from the cockpit.
- Electrical bilge pump, with both automatic and manual switch.
- Total capacity of 350 litres (77 gallons).
- Total capacity of 318 litres (70 gallons).
- Fresh water tanks in acid resistant stainless steel installed amidships and at half of starboard settee, connected with stopcock.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 1 x 100L blackwater tank.
- AP Philips Navigator GPS.
- Shore-Line Compact VHF.
- Dataline Waypoint+ display.
- NASA Target Navtex Pro-plus.
- Garmin GPSmap 750 chartplotter (Charts updated 2016).
- AIS receiver.
- Raytheon RL9 LCD Radar.
- Clipper GPS display.
- Dataline X speed display.
- Datatline X wind display.
- Dataline X deoth display.
- Stainless steel twin sinks with mixer tap.
- Fresh water manual foot pump.
- Gimballed Nelson twin burner gas cooker, grill and oven.
- Large work areas in easily cleaned and durable laminate.
- Well insulated Frigoboat fridge.
- 2 x manual Jabsco salt water heads.
- Extendable tap in both heads to use as shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher diesel hot air heating.
- 2 x Dorade deck ventilators with stainless steel protection bars.
- Flush recesses in the coamings on both sides with ventilation to the engine room. The one on starboard side also contains the engine control panel.
- Sony radio/cd player.
- TV aerial.
- Beautiful oil lamp in central saloon which also provides heat.
- Lighting throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- The interior is handcrafted in selected and unstained African mahogany, hand polished and varnished to a satin finish.
- Cupboards and doors in solid mahogany with profile-milled frames.
- Hull sides above berths are lined in mahogany.
- Flooring of varnished teak and holly plywood.
- Headlining of white vinyl covered panels with mahogany strips.
- Saloon settees: 125mm cushion with raised forward edge made up from 75mm, 35kg/m3 polyester and topped with 50mm, 26kg/m3 foam. With lee cloths to port and starboard.
- Berths: 120mm cushion made from 100mm, 35kg/m3 polyester and topped with 20mm fibre fill.
- Infill cushion in the forward cabin included.
- Upholstery: all cushions are covered with light hardy and strong furniture fabrics in a selection of standard colours. Flame-proof BS 5852.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forepeak with V berth and removable in fill. Storage above berth and to starboard side of the cabin.
- Separate shower forward on port side.
- Shower control with mixer tap and electrical drain pump.
- Grating in Corian.
- Opening deck hatch.
- The spacious saloon is the central living area in the yacht.
- Two wide sofas with removable backrests and curved edges surround the saloon table.
- Folding table top on starboard side.
- Bottle stowage in centre of table.
- Plenty of shelves and cupboards.
- Stowage under starboard sofa.
- Ample overhead lights and reading lights for settees and berths.
- Grab rail on both sides of the companionway.
- The navigation area is located amidships to starboard.
- Folding stool.
- Chart table with stowage for charts.
- Drawers and a separate chart stowage under the deck.
- Chart lamp with dimmer.
- Ample space for individual instrumentation and modern navigation equipment.
- Folding switchboard for easy access, equipped with circuit breakers and prepared for additional circuits.
- Large toilet compartment, amidships to starboard side.
- Matching Corian to sole and sink area with white laminate elsewhere.
- The WC is placed longitudinal with supporting bulkheads on each side. Easy to use at sea.
- Large wash basin built into the sink area.
- Large mirror inside the upper half of the door.
- 12v socket and lights.
- Large upper and lower cupboards.
- The L-shaped galley is located amidships to the port side allowing free passage between the cockpit and the saloon.
- Double berth, cupboard and seat to starboard.
- Spacious cockpit with large navigation table and sliding hatch in varnished teak below fixed windscreen.
- Integrated grab rails in the curved angles of the navigation tables.
- Removable teak grating on the sole.
- Spacious cockpit locker under the starboard seat which contains cockpit table, washboards and fire extinguisher.
- 2 x 35mm cockpit drains with drains from the seats.
- 3 x safety line anchor points.
- Masthead rigged with two pairs of spreaders, twin lower shrouds and baby stay.
- Standing rigging renewed March 2011.
- Selden mast in silver anodized aluminium profile 224/150mm, height 53’ (16.5m) above deck, stepped on the coachroof and supported by a galvanized steel pillar.
- Stainless steel chain plates, bolted to transverse bulkheads which are laminated to both sides of the hull.
- Fixed mast steps.
- Selden rodkick kicker with gas damper and 7:1 purchase.
- Selden boom in silver anodized aluminium profile 171/94mm with internal outhaul and double reefing lines with stoppers.
- Six to one purchase main sheet on a Harken ball bearing car with adjustable stoppers.
- 9’10” (3m) long genoa tracks and 2 x adjustable sheet blocks.
- One stainless steel deck fitting to run all cables to mast. All mast cables are connected below deck.
- Triple reefing lines.
- 2 x Anderson 52ST genoa sheet winches 2-speed.
- 2 x Anderson 46ST secondary winches 2-speed.
- 2 x Anderson 28st halyard winches 2-speed on mast.
- 1 x Anderson 16 reefing winch on mast.
- Sanders fully battened main (2010).
- Sanders genoa (2007).
- Sanders spinnaker (1998) very lightly used.
- Sanders No.3 Genoa (lightly used).
- Sanders tri-sail (lightly used).
- Pulpit and pushpit in acid resistant steel.
- Windscreen of toughened glass in aluminium frame with optional stainless steel grab rails.
- 5 x Deck hatches. Two of these (320x450mm) over the saloon, two (500x500mm) over forward and aft cabins and one (200x340mm) over the shower cabin.
- 10 x Stainless steel portholes in the hull sides, 4 of which are opening.
- At the stern there is an integral swimming platform with a bathing and safety ladder.
- Large self-draining locker forward for anchor chain, warps, fenders and gas bottles.
- Two gas bottles 2.5kg.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Loftrans electric windlass (2015).
- Stemhead fitting with double anchor roller.
- Bruce style main anchor.
- Fortress FX23 kedge anchor, 3m chain and 40m warp.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cream sprayhood with cockpit protection.
- Avon liferaft (service due).
- Rescue sling.
- Dan buoy.
- 2 x Dry chemical
- 1 x Fire blanket.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom