1995 Malo 38
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Inverkip, Inverclyde, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 79,950 Tax Paid (US$ 112,857)
- Sale Pending
7 berths in 2x cabins plus main saloon. 1x Heads. Yanmar 3JH2 TE inboard 3-cylinder 47hp diesel engine.
We look forward to welcoming you to Kip Marina. Boats are available for viewing on pontoons, hard standing (ladder access), on moorings and in some cases further afield. Please contact us beforehand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are travelling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Roseann Sweeney Kip Boat Sales Michael Schmidt & Partner Tel: +0044(0)1475 529975 Fax:+0044(0)1475 529880 Mobile:0044(0)7990593158 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact at +44 (0)1475 529975
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38.17 m
Beam: 3.37 m
LWL: 30.17 m
Minimum Draft: 5.50 m
Maximum Draft: 1.70 m
Displacement: 6500 kgs
Ballast: 3000 kgs
Total Power: 47 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1995
Engine Model: 3JH2 TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 47 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (110 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (180 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 1 (30 Liters)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Dimensions / General Info.
Jacana is one of the last built Malo 38's (hull No 212) designed by Leif Angermark and built in 1995 by Malo Yachts (SWE). Their quality of build and internal craftsmanship are well renowned for being in the premium class and as such the boats set themselves apart for customers that are seeking that higher level of quality. Highly capable for offshore sailing and longer distance passages with spacious and comfortable accommodation she is equally suited for inshore family cruising. 7 berths in total in 2 cabins plus main saloon comprising 3 double berths and 1 single berth.
Designed by Leif Angermark and built in 1995 by Malo Yachts (SWE).
- LOA 11.65m.
- LWL 9.2m.
- Beam 3.37m.
- Draft 1.7m.
- Displacement 6500kg.
- Keel ballast 3000kg.
- Cruising speed 6kts.
- Max speed 7.5kts.
- 1 x 180 ltr stainless steel fuel tank.
- 2 x stainless steel water tanks 220 ltr total capacity.
- 30 ltr black holding tank.
Hull / Construction.
The hull is constructed of white GRP with a balsa core which not only provides stiffness and strength but insulation as well. The deck and superstructure are also in white GRP and the deck is laid with teak. She has a traditional fin keel with encapsulated lead ballast, a skeg rudder and wheel steering in an aft style cockpit.
7 berths in total in 2 cabins plus the main saloon comprising 3 double berths and 1 single berth. Eberspacher 3kw heating in all cabins and the interior is finished in mahogany and grey upholstery.
The forward cabin features a double berth in "V" with infill and storage in lockers and shelves port & stbd. Access to the chain locker is forward and natural light is provided by a hatch. There is also a wash basin with hot & cold pressurised water.
The saloon features a horseshoe settee with large folding leaf table to port which converts to a spacious double berth and a single settee berth to stbd. There is ample storage throughout the saloon in various drawers, lockers and port & stbd shelving.
- 3kw Eberspacher heating.
- Polished mahogany throughout the interior.
- Grey upholstery.
- Plastimo clock and barometer (saloon).
- Plastimo hygrometer (saloon).
- Altitude thermometer, hygrometer & barometer (chart table).
- Sony stereo with internal speakers.
- Conventional cabin lighting.
"L" shaped galley is to port aft in the saloon and features a Dometic Moonlight 3 burner gas cooker with oven and grill, 2 stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressurised water and an original Malo top loading fridge unit and ample storage space in drawers and shelves.
The navigation station is to stbd aft in the saloon and has a chart table with hinged top and spacious seating which faces forward. The ships electrical system panel and various navigation aids are situated at the navigation station too.
Heads are to stbd aft of the Nav Station and feature a Jabsco manual sea toilet, wash basin with hot & cold pressurised water via a mixer tap/shower head. There is good storage in the heads in shelves and lockers.
Aft cabin to port with spacious double berth and ample storage beneath, hanging locker and shelves to port and natural light is provided by two port lights one on port hull and the other into cockpit.
Yanmar 3JH2 TE inboard 3 cylinder 47hp marine diesel engine with shaft drive to a 3 blade prop.
- Freshwater cooled.
- 3 ltr per hour fuel consumption.
- Range 300 nm.
- Last serviced Jun 17.
- New turbo fitted Jun 17.
- Roper cutter.
Various spares include fan belt, pump impellors, fuel filters and bulbs.
The 12v ships electrical system is powered by 5 batteries in total with a control panel at the chart table.
- 4 x 12v 80ah domestic batteries new 2016.
- 1 x 12v 80ah engine start battery new 2012.
- Shore power with cable.
- Merlin AMS battery management system.
- Dolphin battery charger (2013).
Mast, Rigging and Sails
Masthead sloop rigged with alloy mast and boom by Selden, stainless steel standing rigging (new 2013) and Dyneema running rigging (new 2013).
- In mast reefing on the main which reefs from the cockpit.
- Furlex furling on the genoa.
- Alloy spinnaker pole stowed on the mast and adjustable track.
- Short removable bowsprit.
- Insulated backstay.
- Alloy rigging screw covers.
- Mainsail by Maxi Roach with vertical battens in good condition (2005).
- 130% headsail by Jeckers in good condition (2005).
- Storm jib which is original and unused.
- Storm main which is original and unused.
- Cruising chute with snuffer and rigging gear.
Deck and Deck Equipment
The deck is constructed in white GRP with laid teak. Easily navigated wide side decks lead to the spacious foredeck which is all secured by a stainless steel passerelle style pulpit, stainless steel stanchions with stainless steel bases and double stainless steel PVC coated guard wires and stainless steel quarter pushpits. The stainless steel boarding ladder folds up and acts as a gate between the pushpits. At both sides of the cockpit, there are boarding gates with pelican hooks on the guard wires.
- Single bow roller.
- Single through-hull anchor roller.
- 20kg Bruce anchor with 44m of 9.5mm chain.
- 10kg Bruce anchor with 20m of 6.35mm chain and 35m of warp.
- Lofrens electric anchor windlass with foot control (new 2015).
- Various warps.
- 8 fenders.
- Alloy boathook.
- 3 rope clutches.
- Malo full-size cockpit table - with stowage in heads.
- Dinghy (2013).
- Suzuki 1.5hp outboard engine (2013).
- Hot & cold deck shower.
- Full cockpit cover.
- All over cover.
- Malo bathing platform with laid teak and integrated boarding ladder.
- 2 x Anderson 46ST genoa winches.
- 1 x Anderson 12ST mainsheet single speed winch - cockpit stbd side.
- 1 x Anderson 12ST mainsail in/outhaul single speed winch - cockpit port side.
- 2 x Anderson 16 two speed halyard winches on mast.
- 3 winch handles.
- Spare anchor cable - 3m of chain and 50m of warp.
- ICOM M601 DSC VHF radio at chart table (2013).
- Simrad HD52 DSC handheld VHF radio.
- ICOM remote commander at the helm.
- Original VHF cockpit speaker.
- Furuno GPS at chart table (2013).
- Raymarine ST50 echosounder (original).
- Raymarine ST50 wind direction/speed (original).
- Raymarine ST50 speed/log (original).
- Raymarine C90W plotter - with full European chart suite (2013).
- Raymarine ST50 compass at cockpit (original).
- Furuno radar cockpit & chart table.
- Raymarine ST6000 autopilot at cockpit (2013).
- Raymarine ST50 repeater at chart table.
- GPS repeater at the cockpit.
- Mag compasses.
- Integrated AIS.
- Seatalk hand-held remote controller.
- 6 man Plastimo liferaft - last serviced 2013.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Electric bilge pump.
- 2 manual fire extinguishers.
- 2 jackstays.
- 4 harness points.
- Nav lights; masthead tricolour, steaming, bow port & stbd and stern light.
- Manual horn (aerosol).
- Throwing line & coit.
- Personal lights.
We have owned Jacana since 2000 and are selling now reluctantly through retirement. She has been in a rolling refit for the past 3 years with many new components including a new Eberspacher, anchor windlass motor and engine turbo, all of which are virtually unused.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.