- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 115,000
You know the name. Island Packet is at the top of everyone's list of bluewater-ready production boats. Practical design, bullet-proof quality and comfy below as an old shoe, it's hard to find anything that could be improved upon.
And here's a 37 that you simply must see. It has been meticulously prepared for a South Pacific cruise, with an endless list of improvements on an already proven design.
Health issues brought her to market and the owners want her sold.
Come to beautiful San Carlos and see why this is your next ocean-going cutter!
All titling and financial transactions are completed in the US by fully licensed agencies. Ask us about the advantages of an offshore purchase--it's a breeze!
Please contact Brisa Llanes at 011 52 (622) 226-0037
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Robert K. Johnson
Hull Shape: Monohull
Total Power: 38 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3JHE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4360
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 38 HP
- LOA: 38'5"
- LWL: 31'
- BEAM: 12'2"
- DRAFT: 4'6"
- BRIDGE CLEARANCE: 49'6"
- BALLAST: 8,200 lbs.
- DISPLACEMENT: 18,000 lbs.
The Island Packet 37 offers great livability along with safety and comfort. Beginning in the vee of the boat you have a private stateroom that features a wide 6'6" long berth. You also have lots in the forward cabin, plentiful drawers, cabinets, bins, shelves, and a large hanging locker. There is private access to the head and shower from this stateroom. The head which features a separate shower area with teak seat and curtain, Other touches include a large mirror, recessed lighting, opening port, and overhead hatch.
Next is the main salon that has settees to port and starboard with lots of storage space both behind and beneath. A fold away table is mounted on the bulkhead. When lowered a built-in bottle and glass storage rack is revealed. The table will expand again to provide dining on both sides of the salon. A pullout panel in the L-shaped port settee converts this area to a double berth. There is another hanging locker to starboard in the salon. Also in the salon area is the navigation station that features a large hinged table with generous stowage tray underneath. The boat's AC/DC electrical controls and other breakers are located here. There is a chart drawer opposite the nav desk.
The galley is a large wrap-around design offer lots of counter space, teak sea rails on all edges. Top loading refrigeration, gimbaled three burner LPG stove w/oven.
The enclosed and private aft cabin features a very large double berth and upholstered dressing seat, ample stowage including a large hanging locker, bureau, and full length mirror.
- ENGINE: Yanmar
- ENGINE HP: 38
- ENGINE MODEL: 3JHE
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 kts. @ 2,500
- ENGINE HOURS: 4,360
- FUEL: 106 US gal. (3 tanks)
- WATER: 90 US gal.
- HOLDING: 18 US gal.
Beautifully detailed interior, from Island Packet logo dinnerware to fine joinery, to lovely upholstery, this is a top notch example. The forward stateroom has a large vee berth, locker and bin storage, and the easily accessed watermaker. The head has a separate shower. The salon has an ingenious double folding table to seat the entire gang for dinner. The dinette is to port, the settee to starboard. A U-shaped galley is aft and to starboard. The nav station is to port. There's a roomy aft cabin with double berth, lockers and bins.
- REFRIGERATION/FREEZER: Adler Barbour Super Cold Machine (water and air cooled)
- WATER HEATER: 6-gal. SS
- STOVE: Seaward Princess SS 3-burner with oven (LPG)
- MICROWAVE: Goldstar
- SINK: Double SS
- WATER SYSTEM: Pressure H-C
- OTHER: Foodsaver vacuum bagger, Magma SS BBQ (LPG), nesting cookware
Electronics and Navigation
- HF RADIO: Icom IC-M700 Pro with Icom auto tuner
- STEREO: JVC AM/FM/CD, Sirius satellite radio receiver
- RADAR: Raytheon Pathfinder RL70 with repeater, 24-mi. range, with alarm
- VHF: (2) Icom IC-M402S
- DEPTH SOUNDER: (1) B&G
- WIND SPEED & DIRECTION: (1) B&G
- KNOT METER/LOG: B&G
- AUTO PILOT: B&G Network with spare
- GPS: (1) B&G +12, (1) Garmin 48
- COMPASS: Ritchie
- OTHER: (2) radar reflectors, Pactor II modem (email and weather fax), Speed Tech electronic barometer
- BATTERIES: (3) house, (3) engine start (new in 2009)
- SMART REGULATOR: Heart 3-stage automatic
- BATTERY PARALLEL SWITCH: Perko
- SOLAR PANELS: 220-watt
- BATTERY MONITOR: Heart Link 1000, with spare Heart Freedom
- DOCKSIDE CABLE: (2) 30-amp 50'
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: 12vDC/120vAC
- INVERTER: (1) Heart, (1) PortaWatt 300, spare charger/inverter
- INTERIOR LIGHTING: 12vDC
- ALTERNATOR: Amp Tech 125-amp
- BATTERY CHARGER: Heart Echo automatic
- OTHER: KISS wind generator with surge protector, (2) Mega Pulse battery extenders, 240/120-volt transformer, (2) large Dynaplates
Sails and Rigging
Cruise equipped; sail area 800-sq. ft.
- SAILS: Main (new in 2002), #1 genoa, staysail, spinnaker, asymmetrical spinnaker
- BOOM VANG: Yes
- MAST: Aluminum, keel stepped
- STANDING RIGGING: SS wire with NavTec fittings
- PRIMARY SAILMAKER: Johnson Esprit, Doyle
- MAINSHEET TRAVELER: Ronstan
- LINES LED AFT: Yes
- ROLLER FURLING: (2) Schaefer
- SPINNAKER POLE: Yes
- WINCHES: All Lewmar; (2) #48 2-spd. ST, (2) #44 2-spd. ST, (1) #30 ST, (1) #24, (1) #16, (2) #8
- PREVENTER: Yes
- OTHER: Running backstays, mast steps, bo's'un's chair, Strong sail track and slide system for main, lazy jacks, rig tensioner
- ANCHORS: #33 Bruce with 100' chain and 250' line rode, #35 CQR with 300' chain rode, Fortress FX-16 with chain and line rode (stern), 6' storm drogue, 16' ParaTech sea anchor with rode
- ANCHOR WINDLASS: Lofrans Tigre (12vDC)
- LADDERS: Swim
- BOW PULPIT: FRP with SS rails
- ANCHOR DAVIT/ROLLER: Double SS
- DINGHY MOTOR: 15-hp Yamaha, 5-hp Mercury
- DINGHY DAVITS: SS manual
- LIGHTS: Nav, deck and search
- DECK WASHDOWN: Saltwater
- COVERS & CURTAINS: Dodger, bimin, full cockpit enclosure, cockpit awning
- LIFELINES & STANCHIONS: SS wire on SS stanchions
- GATES: P, S and stern
- DECK MATERIAL: FRP with integral nonskid
- OTHER: Lifeline netting (not installed)
Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
Extensive inventory of spares for all major systems
- AIR CONDITIONING: Cruisaire reverse-cycle 16,000-BTU
- PROPELLER: Three-blade bronze, spare
- BILGE PUMPS: (2) automatic, (2) manual
- RAW WATER SEA STRAINERS: Yes
- BILGE BLOWER: Yes
- FIRE EXTINGUISHING: Manual
- FUEL FILTERS: (1) Racor 900, (1) Racor 500
- STEERING: Wheel, Whitlock XK rack-and-pinion direct system
- FUEL SHUT OFFS: Diesel, LPG
- FRESH WATER COOLING: Yes
- TRANSMISSION: Yanmar
- HEAD TYPE: Direct discharge to holding tank
- HOLDING TANK: Macerator pumpout
- HEATER: Reverse-cycle A/C
- WATERMAKER: Village Marine Tech Little Wonder
- OTHER: New Yanmar engine mounts in 2009, extensive spares, Baja fuel filter, Faria gauges, refrigeration repair/test kit, international LPG adapters
- LIFE JACKETS: (2) SOSpenders with tethers, (2) PFDs
- LIFE SLING: MOM 8
- EPIRB: ACR 406
- STROBE: Yes
- LIFE RAFT: Crewsaver four-person
- JACK LINES: Yes
- OTHER: Extensive additional offshore emergency equipment, including Mustang survival pack, fire ax, cable cutters, high-water alarm and much more
Owners report the following: Foredeck light (replacement aboard but not installed), galley stove electric igniter.
Owners' personal effects
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Mazatlan Marine Center SA de CV
Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico
San Carlos, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico