1995 Island Packet 37
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 132,000
Spring Price Drop!!
Panacea has been lowered by $17,000 and represents a GREAT value!
Come see this beauty and don't wait!
Panacea is a one owner Island Packet 37 that has spent her entire life on the Chesapeake. She has been upgraded and loved by a boating family and, because of some changes, is ready to go to a new home.
The 37 embodies all the great cruising features of the beloved 35.....and more. The pedestal steering is a huge improvement and still retains the safety of the rack and pinion and, there is just a little more room throughout the boat.
Her owners thoughtfully equipped her with....
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- Custom swim platform and integrated ladder
- Rub rail
- Tides frictionless sail slide system
- Beautiful interior cushions
Panacea gives you a wonderful way to enjoy the water, whether weekending or really cruising.
Come take a look.
Listed by Michele Martinage, who has been
helping satisfied customers buy and sell yachts for 30 years.
She's always available at email@example.com or by cell which is 410-708-4416.
Please contact Michele Martinage at (410) 708-4416
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Robert K. Johnson
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 38 ft 5 in
Beam: 12 ft 2 in
LWL: 36 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 18500 lbs
Ballast: 8200 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 49 ft 6 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Dry Weight: 18500 lbs
Total Power: 38 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1995
Engine Model: 3JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1666
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 38 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (90 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Aluminum (16 Gallons)
Starting forward is a comfortable V-berth with insert. There are two drawers underneath, two cubbies and a number of deep storage areas under the bed. There are two opening ports and an overhead to provide light and ventialtion.
Next aft to port is the head with stainless steel sink, hot and cold pressure water, separate shower seat and marine toilet with holding tank. Opposite the head to starboard is a cedar lined hanging locker.
The main salon is next aft with facing settees port and starboard with the port settee converting to a double bed. Behind and underneath these settees is huge amounts of storage.....always a plus for the cruiser or weekender alike. The saloon also boasts Island Packet's signature bulkhead mounted table that opens to accomodate guests for dinner.
At the aft end of the port settee is the aft facing nav table. At the aft end of the starboard settee is a drop down table that can be used as a handy place to serve cocktails or, additional prep area for the galley.
The galley is located to starboard of the companionway and is a safe, convenient area for food prep.
To port of the companionway is the entrance to the separate aft cabin.
- Beautiful, upgraded cushions. (2010)
- Warm teak interior
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air and Genset for comfort at anchor as well as at the dock
- LED Interior lights (2016)
- Screens for all ports, hatches and companionway
- Custom sheets for forward and aft bunk
- NOTE: Throw Pillows and Rug do not convey
- A safe, generous area for the cook to prepare meals at sea or dockside.
- Double bowl stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water and manual whale for fresh water
- In 2008 the original refrigeration was upgraded to Adler Barbour Super Cool with sea water or air cooling. The lid to the refrigeration was improved by making it a single lid with support. Much better!
- Three burner propane stove with oven (New ignition control switch 2014)
- Microwave (2016)
Sails and Rigging
Panacea is cutter rigged and has improved sail handling. The topping lift, out haul, primary and secondary reefing lines, main halyard and main sheet have all been led aft to additional sheet stoppers.
- All sails continually maintained and repaired as necessary
- Mainsail has a stack pack and lazy jacks (2010) and was upgraded to new batt cars and a friction-less mast track (2015). Raising and dropping the main is easy.
- Electric 12v Winch Handle - Hand Held
- Roller Furling Headsail and Staysail
- Reaching Spinnaker with sock and turning blocks
- Hydraulic Boom Vang
- All winches serviced
- (2) Floating Winch Handles
- Bosun's Chair
Navigation and Electronic Equipment
- VHF at Nav Station
- Hand Held VHF
- Garmin Echomap DV Chartplotter/GPS delivers hull speed, Depth, Bottom scanning and provides charts for the East Coast, Chesapeake Bay and Inland Waterway.
- Ceteck Knot Meter with Dopler Sensor (Dopler added 2010) (Instrument needs new face but, it works)
- Ceteck Depth
- Ceteck Wind Speed/ Wind Direction
- Range Finder
- Binnacle Mounted Compass
Panacea has full 110v and 12v Systems.
- Entec 4.2kW Genset with entire diesel and electrical rebuild in 2017
- (6) AGM Glass Mat Group 27 Batteries (2008)
- Multi-stage high efficiency Battery Charter (2008)
- Shore Power Cord
- 12v Search Light
Deck and Hull
Island Packet's use of premium gel coat, solid glass hull and inorganic coring material in the deck add up to a boat that is tough and will stand the test of time.
- Safe, Comfortable cockpit
- Binnacle Rack and Pinion Steering - Big improvement from 35!
- Drink Holder and Cockpit Table
- Plexiglass companionway insert in addition to boards
- Dodger, Bimini and Connecting Panel (2005)
- Electric Windlass and chain break (2012)
- 35# CQR with 20 Ft of Chain and 200 Ft of Rode
- Plow Anchor with 200 Ft of Chain
- Extra chain and 200 ft rode in cockpit locker
- Deck washdown pump
- Propane Grill
- Custom Swim Platform and Swim Ladder
- Vinyl Rubrail
- Bottom Blasted and Barrier Coated (No Blisters) (2012)
- Dock Lines, Fenders and Coast Guard Gear
Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar 38 HP Diesel with 1666 Hours
- 3 Blade fixed prop '14
- Balmar 90 Amp Engine Alternator '96
- Entec 4.2 kW Diesel Generator completely rebuilt by Mastry in 2017
- 16k BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- Adler Barbour Super Cool refrigeration with sea water and air cooling '08
- New Fuel Tank Sensor (2016)
- Hot Water Heater (2012)
- New Bilge Pump and Float Switch (2016)
- New Fresh Water Pump and Surge Tank (2015)
- Carbon Monoxide Sensor
What Island Packet has to say about the 37
The Island Packet 37 offers sparkling performance, superior safety and seakeeping, ease of handling and spacious and livable accommodations. Island Packet Yachts' exclusive Full Foil Keel unifies the performance attributes of modern hull and foil designs. This design brings numerous benefits to the cruising sailor: superior protection from damage or fouling of both prop and rudder, an integral hull and keel structure for the strongest possible unified construction, a moderate draft with exceptional stability allowing shallow water gunkholing or worldwide voyaging, and spirited performance capabilities. On deck, the well-engineered layout provides the safety and security needed in offshore conditions through full-length cabin top handrails, wide unobstructed side decks, and recessed foredeck with bulwarks. The integral bowsprit- anchor platform increases sail area, improves sheeting angles for enhanced performance, while providing ready stowage and immediate access for two anchors and their tackle. The 8-foot long cockpit has full-length contoured seats offering plenty of room for both comfortable sitting or stretching out. A premium, console-mounted rack and pinion steering system provides the sensitive feel and rugged reliability available only from a direct-geared steering system. A rudder shaft control arm and interior mounting shelf are provided to facilitate the installation of an autopilot. The raised bridgedeck, lock-in companionway boards, bilge pump mount adjacent to the helm and large cockpit scuppers further ensure safety at sea. The standard cutter rig has furling systems on both the genoa and self-tending staysail. The skipper has a variety of sail combinations available that are easily adaptable to maximize comfort, safety and performance over a wide range of wind and sea conditions. Belowdecks, convenient to both the cockpit and salon, yet out of companionway traffic, the galley is host to a number of design details that will make it the delight of the onboard chef. The main salon has a fold-away table, mounted on the main cabin bulkhead to provide an unobstructed salon area when the table is not needed. A pull-out panel in the L-shaped port settee converts this area into an extra double berth. The navigation station features a large hinged table with a generous stowage tray underneath. The private forward stateroom features a wide, 6-foot 6-inch V-berth with generous storage space. The enclosed aft stateroom features a double berth and convenient upholstered dressing seat. The engine is conveniently located in an easily accessed compartment, complete with premium, lead-lined sound insulation and integrally molded drip pan. Overhead interior hand rails, bulkhead hand grips and an easily maintained, slip-resistant cabin sole in the high-traffic areas helps provide sure-footed movement while underway. A harmonious blend of tasteful designer surfaces, premium fabrics, and meticulously hand-crafted, oiled teak joinerwork conveys a sense of style and comfort, while a host of thoughtful details, such as courtesy lights with a companionway switch, make the 37's interior exceptionally livable and practical. Advanced construction technology utilizing custom blended resins, 100 per cent hand-laminated, premium knitted biaxial and triaxial fiberglass reinforcements and Island Packet's exclusive PolyClad hull gelcoat system combine to provide vastly superior resistance to impact, puncture resistance and osmotic blistering. Deck laminates are engineered for high strength with reduced weight utilizing PolyCore. An engineered interior grid system and reinforced fiberglass structure joins with the hull to form a unit structure of immense strength and durability.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Baltimore, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States