- View Full Specifications
Price Just Reduced!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stonington, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,000
Owner is going to the "dark side" (power boat) and will consider any reasonable offer on this great cruiser. Elizabeth is set up for one or two couples to comfortably cruise anywhere in the world they choose or as an effortless single-handed daysailor. With its gleaming cherry interior and legendary Freedom quality, Elizabeth is both gracious and efficient. Located at Dodson's Boatyard, just a five minute drive off I-95.
Fairclough Winter Canvas Cover included + Winter Storage Paid for!
East Coast Yacht Sales
Location: 194 Water St, Stonington, CT 06378
Please contact Ben Knowles at 860-415-8282
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Freedom Yachts
Designer: David Pedrick
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 6 in
Total Power: 45 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 5000
Engine Power: 45 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (106 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (62 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (69 Gallons)
The extraordinarily stiff hull of the Freedom 40/40 provides stable motion through the seas, and her generous sail area makes her easily driven. David Pedrick, naval architect to Dennis Connor's 1995 America's Cup challenge, fulfilled every promise when he designed the 40/40 for Freedom Yachts; utilizing the most advanced building technologies. No part of Freedom's unique simplicity was compromised. Together, a couple can make passages aboard their 40/40 to the very limit of their imaginations' destination with optimal safety. After all, a boat that's easier to control is a boat that's safer. Because the Freedom 40/40 allows every sailing function to be performed without ever leaving the cockpit, mishaps are less likely.
- Length Overall: 40.4'
- Length at Waterline: 35.1'
- Beam: 13.5'
- Max Draft: 5.2’
- Bridge Clearance: 62.5'
- Displacement: 23,750 lbs
- Ballast: 9,749 lbs
- Keel Type: Wing
Passagemaking is still great when the wind dies, as Elizabeth's Yanmar 45HP turbo (5,000 "long passage" hours) can easily do 170 mile days, while sipping less than 1 GPH. The 65 gallon tank provides a range of over 400 miles. Engine was professionally removed, inspected, and repainted 8/15 by Dodson's boatyard.
The Freedom 40/40 has 13.5' beam which offers a very generous interior layout.
- The interior of the Freedom 40/40 is bright and airy with 14 opening stainless steel portlights with screens
- Five deck hatches with custom screens
- Two deck skylights
- Varnished cherry interior along with varnished teak and holly sole
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU air conditioning/heater unit for all seasons
Forward Cabin: contains a 6’ 6" V-berth with inset; mattress has 2" memory foam "topper"; lockers along hull and below bunk, reading lights, Hella fan, dual USB port, overhead hatch with wind scoop. An enclosed head is offset to port, and the hanging locker to starboard is lined with aromatic cedar.
Main Saloon: is just aft of the forward cabin. It possesses a straight settee runs aft to the nav station which faces aft, and a hidden back rest pulls out from behind the settee for the navigator’s comfort. To port is an “L” shaped settee which converts to a double berth, with lee clothes which can be attached for secure offshore berthing. The two-leaf bulkhead-mounted cherry table folds down to seat six for dinner or folds up out of the way when not in use; with bottle storage shelves on bulkhead. Louvered cabinets and shelves above starboard settee. Indirect lighting and custom light fixtures throughout. Companionway drop boards with screen.
Owners Stateroom: is located just aft of the main saloon with queen-size bed, custom memory foam mattresses (installed 2015) and upholstered headboard cushion laid athwartships. Custom louvre door cabinets with nightstand. USB dual charger port, fan and reading lights. A second spacious head is aft to starboard with a large separate shower and acrylic door closure.
- U-shaped galley
- Force 10 three-burner, gimballed propane stove with an oven and broiler.
- Refrigerator/freezer with top and front-load doors
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Built-in microwave.
- Three Trojan 12v. 8D AGMs, each rated at 230 A/Hrs @ 20 hrs (690 total A/hrs) with parallel switch in cockpit to connect to starter circuit
- Two 2013 alternators
- New 2015 pro-sine Xantrex Freedom 2000 watt inverter/100 watt charger
- Command Mic VHF at pedestal
- Raymarine Type 2 autopilot linear drive new installed this May of 2016
- Sirius/AM/FM/Bluetooth Alpine stereo with cabin and cockpit speakers
- Flush-mounted flatscreen TV/DVD
- Back-up GPS wired to VHF.
Sails & Rigging
The unstayed, carbon fiber mast provides a strong stiff rig without the weight and complexity of stays, spreaders, and shrouds. As sophisticated as she is, the 40-40 is still effortless to sail. With all sheets, halyards, reefs, and control lines led aft, every sail function can be performed from the comfort and safety of the cockpit. The jib is furled from the cockpit, and its self-tacking. A 3/4 oz asymmetrical spinnaker is ready for light air runs.
Deck Layout & Features
- Full coverage from dodger to Bimini
- Custom Sunbrella foredeck tent
- Flip-down cockpit cocktail table with teak shelf and binnacle rack
- Harken 48 electric 2-speed primary winch
- Harken 48 manual 2-speed secondary
- Brakes for all lines, including a jib fuller and boom brake
- Rocna primary anchor with electric windlass
- Saltwater hose-down system
- 120' chain attached to an additional 100' nylon rode
- Extra Danforth anchor and rode onboard
- Custom Fairclough winter cover and frame included
*Dinghy, outboard, chartplotter and radar not included in sale
The cockpit is very comfortable and has a centerline fiberglass cockpit table with a fold out top mounted on two polished SS posts.
Fairclough Winter Canvas Cover included!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.