- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 174,000 Tax Paid
*** YACHT BUYER / SELLER STIMULUS PROGRAM
***THIS BROKERAGE will provide a "CASH" REBATE AT CLOSING, UPON YOUR PURCHASE OF ANY PRIVATE OR COMMERCIAL, POWER OR SAILING VESSEL, PROVIDING THIS BROKERAGE IS THE LISTING and or selling BROKER OF RECORD, FOR THE TRANSACTION AT CLOSING. (This Company makes this offer in good faith and reserves the right to change or withdraw the offer without notice.)
Billy Graham PERSONALLY INSPECTED THIS FINE VESSEL, along with THE current OWNER and our resident Cape Town sales agents, at the CAPE TOWN YACHT CLUB AND WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE ATTENTION THEY PAY TO THEIR YACHT. ALL SYSTEMS ARE PROFESSIONALLY MAINTAINED AND THE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR ARE IN IMPECCABLE CONDITION.
I ALSO CORRESPONDED WITH THE DESIGNER DUDLEY DIX AND HE WAS EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH THE COMMENTS OF THE COMMISSIONING OWNER, who is also a professional boat BUILDER, in addition to the current second owners, regarding the impressive performance of his design.
The original owner cruised with his family extensively on the Indian Ocean and the current owners have done like wise in addition to the Atlantic and the Caribbean.
Mr. Dix Comments:
a) The original 43 Dix design was an aft cockpit commissioned by an American client, who wanted a fast and sea kindly world cruising yacht and in the end he said he was very pleased.
b) This centre cockpit version of my Dix 43 was commissioned by a professional steel boat builder from South Africa built as a 44'.
He built it to cruise with his family and I know from several people over the years, that he bragged about her sailing characteristics, sea kindliness and surprising speed.
c) The underbody is simply a clean and efficient modern hull form, with no racing influences what so ever.
The current owners are long term experienced sailors who have changed their CRUISING life style and MY INSTRUCTIONS ARE TO SELL HER FAST, so seller will "consider" all offers, including cash and trades for precious gems, fine art, luxury vehicles, possibly a smaller power vessel or sailing yacht.
Don't miss this opportunity to own this capable / proven world cruiser.
Please contact this office for an introduction to Jeff, our resident Cape Town SALES AGENT.
"MARINE FINANCING" available, contact this broker with your requirements for details.
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
Contact Billy Graham TOLL FREE...at 1-877-840-9142 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Shown by prior appointment only please"
Do you have a nice boat?
Are you ready to sell it?
Please Call or email Billy Graham at BGY Vancouver BC, Canada
Please contact at Mobile (604) 861-4259
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: G. F. Buckle Yachts
Designer: Dudley Dix
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4236
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2200
Length Overall: 13.6 / 44'
Length at Waterline: 12.17m / 40' 6"
Beam: 4.1m / 13'-6""
Max Draft: 1.8m / 6'-0"
Max Bridge Clearance: Mast ht 17.5m
Ballast: 4 tons lead
Displacement: 14.5 tons
Total Power: 72
Cruising Speed: 6.5 knts @ 1350 rpm
Fuel: 550 Lt / 145 USG
Fresh Water: 158 Lt / 600 Lt
Three private double staterooms, vee berth and two Port and Starboard aft staterooms. Forward complete head with shower compartment. Huge storage throughout the interior. Extremely well ventilated boat, especially comfortable in warmer climates.
- Corian counter top in head
- 25 litre / hr water maker
- Manual head
- Pressure hot & cold water head & galley. (Jan 07)
- Television (Jan 07)
- DVD player (Jan 07)
- Stereo AM/FM/Tape/CD 6 disc changer
- Cabin & cockpit speakers
- Vacuum cleaner & Hand Dust Buster
- 2 x 10 kg Propane tanks
- Varnished beach joinery work
- Blinds on all port lights & hatches
- Halogen lighting w/dimmers
- Mosquito screens
- Corian counter tops
- 12volt Frigoboat keel cooled Refrigeration, separate frig / freezer
- Excellent storage
- (3) burner Force 10 propane stove w/ oven and grill.
- 600 watt microwave
- Compass on binnacle
- Furuno GPS
- ST-40 Bi-data- Raymarine (07)
- ST-40 wind - Raymarine (07)
- ST-50 plus max view- Autohelm
- Autohelm ST-6000 plus autopilot
- Heart interface link 2000 inverter manager
- Furuno radar
- Icom IC SSB/Ham radio
- Icom automatic tuner
- Navastar SM 5800 VHF
- Gas solenoid valve & alarm system
- (2) New 120 Amp hr starter batteries (Apr/09)
- (6) House batteries @ 6v 180 Amp hr each
- 190 amp alternator
- Wind generator
- (2) Siemens solar panels 50 & 70 watts
- Bilge pump electric
- Henderson manual bilge pump
- Deck / sea water pump
- Next step regulator
- Shore power step up transformer 220/110
- Shore power cable
- Inverted charger
- Caribe 9' semi ridgid dinghy w/Sunbrella cover
- (5) Gebo hatches
- (5) Gebo opening ports
- Stern seating
- Sunbrella cockpit cushions
- Sunbrella full length deck awning
- Pressurized hot & cold water transom shower. (Jan 07)
- Repainted cockpit swim grid & cockpit coaming. (Apr 09)
- Repainted deck non skid (Apr 09)
- Aires wind vane
- Emergency tiller
- Wheel steering w/ rack & pinion
- Leather wrapped wheel
- New Sunbrella dodger & bimini (Apr/09)
- Full beam lazerrette, stores 3 large Rubber Maid containers, (3) 20 lb gas bottles, wind vane, O/B & dive tanks.
Mechanical & Other Equipment
- Main engine fuel consumption 1 gph
- 45 gal / 150 Lt sump
- Lofrans Tigres windlass
- All chain rode
- 1 x 45 lb Bruce anchor
- 1 x CQR 45 lb anchor
- Jon Buoy
- 2 x life rings
- 1 x Self lighting buoy light
- Rod steering with universal ball joints.
- 15 hp Yamaha outboard w/cover
- Mooring lines / warps
- 6 x fenders
- Flares & safety equipment
- 4 x safety harnesses
- 6 x life jackets
- 6 person survival raft-Arimar Cannister Class ll in custom built SST rack. (new apr 06)
- 4 x CE approved fire extinguishers
Sails & Rigging
- Cutter rigged
- Furling Genoa 130%
- Spare light genoa (ghoster)
- Sail area 322 sq ft / 89.83 Sq m
- Storm jib
- Asymmetrical spinnaker (Gennaker) with dousing sock.
- Main 4 - slab reef points
- Doyle stack pack system
- 2 x 3 speed Ashai 32 (Genoa sheets)
- 2 x Barlow ST25 (Genoa & Main halyards)
- 1 x Barlow ST19 (Main sheet)
- 1 x Lewmar ST16 (Reefing lines)
- 2 x Lewmar ST40 (Running backstays)
- Winch handles
- Ridgid boom vang
- Harken roller furler
- SST standing rigging (new Aug 06)
- Double spreader rig
- Deck stepped mast
Vessel construction spec's
Ocean Flight was constructed to very high standards and built for her original owner, who owned and operated her building yard in Durban, SA. She was built in excess of ABS requirements.
Extremely strong rolled steel hull, of welded 4 mm steel plate, in minor stress areas and up to 8 mm in higher stress locations.
Frames and floors are constructed of 8 mm steel plate. Full fin ballast keel encapsulates 4 tons / 8,816 lbs of lead.Insulating foam applied from the waterline up and over the coach roof.
Balanced rudder skeg mounted.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Billy Graham Yachts Inc *OPEN 7 DAYS PER WEEK!
Amor Marine Bc
Center cockpit cutter
Unknown, BC, Canada
Amor Free Moorage Slip
Vancouver, area, BC, Canada
EXPEDITION TRAWLER 7200 SERIES
Vancouver, BC, Canada
EXPEDITION TRAWLER 7200 SERIES
Vancouver, BC, Canada
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Custom Trideck Series (33 photo's attached)
_, WA, United States