- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Punta Gorda, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 120,000
Dreamtime is an impeccable example of the very popular Catalina 42 MKII. She is unbelievably clean, with spotless upholstery and a dry, sparkling clean bilge. She has been meticulously maintained, with logs and records of many upgrades. Fresh bottom paint in August, 2016. Sails also checked and cleaned in July.
Her large, welcoming cockpit has brand new perfectly transparent dodger Strataglass, and a full Eisenglass enclosure with sunshade screen option for versatility. Down below, the 2 cabin 2 head layout is perfect for guests, and a large convertible dining settee completes comfortable sleeping arrangements for 6. With the room of a larger vessel but surprising ease of handling, this yacht is extremely versatile.
She is a comfortable cruiser that is outfitted for extended cruising and also short-handed sailing, with all lines leading to the cockpit. Her shoal draft wing keel gives her sailors the freedom to explore shallow waters worry free, and her dependable low hour Yanmar diesel engine adds further peace of mind. Dreamtime is turn-key, ready for her next cruising adventure.
She is priced to sell, and since she is in amazing shape and a very desirable Gerry Douglas design, she will not last long on the market. Call for a showing today to see this gem for yourself!
Let us find the right boat, or the right buyer for you!
For more information, please contact:
Please contact Bob Johnson at (239) 694-1803
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 43 ft 2 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 10 in
Ballast: 8300 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 8 in
Dry Weight: 20500 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH4BE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 320
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 50 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2500 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Dreamtime is an impeccable example of the very popular Catalina 42 MKII. She is unbelievably clean, with spotless upholstery and a dry, sparkling clean bilge. She has been meticulously maintained, with logs and records of many upgrades. Her large, welcoming cockpit has brand new perfectly transparent dodger Strataglass, and a full Eisenglass enclosure with sunshade screen option for versatility. Down below, the 2 cabin 2 head layout is perfect for guests, and a large convertible dining settee completes comfortable sleeping arrangements for 6. With the room of a larger vessel but surprising ease of handling, this yacht is extremely versatile. She is a comfortable cruiser that is outfitted for extended cruising and also short-handed sailing, with all lines leading to the cockpit. Her shoal draft wing keel gives her sailors the freedom to explore shallow waters worry free, and her dependable low hour Yanmar diesel engine adds further peace of mind. Dreamtime is turn-key, ready for her next cruising adventure. She is priced to sell, and since she is in amazing shape and a very desirable Gerry Douglas design, she will not last long on the market. Call for a showing today to see this gem for yourself!
The Catalina 42 has earned an international reputation as the leader in her class. By leading in design, cruising performance, and comfort, the Catalina 42 has become the choice of sailors worldwide. The latest Catalina 42 mkII is the logical result of America’s most experienced sailboat builder continuing to listen carefully to the needs and desires of experienced sailors. All sailors want speed under sail, easy motion and sure, predictable handling characteristics. For sure tracking, a long horizontal skeg runs aft between the wing keel and the rudder. The elliptical rudder is large and balanced, ensuring control in all conditions, whether under sail or power.
The step down boarding platform has a fold-down swim ladder and two lockers that also serve as seats. Impressive speed under power is realized by the dependable four cylinder 50 hp Yanmar diesel engine. Complete access to all power plant maintenance areas is quick and convenient. The Catalina 42 mkII deck was designed with short-handed sailing in mind. All the halyards, the ball bearing mainsheet and the single line main reefing controls are led to the cockpit and placed to be operated from under dodger. The wide weather decks and inboard shroud base make passage forward easy and secure. Generous storage and tankage allow for extended cruising possibilities. Two heads, each with their own holding tank, allow you to spend more time offshore.
Recognized the world over as the number one production sailboat over 40 feet, the Catalina 42 is the boat dreams are charted on. We invite you to join hundreds of Catalina 42 owners that are making their dreams a reality.
Stepping down below through Zarcor companionway doors, sturdy substantial steps carry you down to a spacious 13' 10" beam salon. To port is a large dining settee in luscious ultra-suede with room for 6+ around a cozy dinette table. To starboard is a smart nav station with swivel out chair and ample storage with a settee just aft. Moving forward is the private master cabin with queen pullman berth to port. Over-sized drawers pull out from underneath the berth, and to starboard is a deep cedar-lined hanging closet and additional drawer storage. All the way forward is the master head with stall shower and bench seat and a full sized marine head (freshwater use only).
Aft of midship to port is the surprisingly roomy L-shaped galley, with large, deep double stainless steel sink and expandable hose faucet. A three burner stove propane stove has a cover to align flush with the Corian counter tops. There is a deep top loading refrigerator and separate ice box. A fold-up counter extension can be raised to create expansive cooking space for the culinary enthusiasts. Aft further is tons of deep storage and access to new AGM batteries (2 house, 1 start) and side engine access. Steps fold forward for front and near complete 360 degree access to the clean, reliable engine.
Across to starboard is the guest cabin. It features an over-sized queen berth, with head space to sit up and read a book in bed. A hatch and ports open up the space, and there is a hanging locker and drawers as well. There is a door to the guest head, which also has a door from the salon area. It features Corian counter top, mirror, storage, and a freshwater use only full-sized marine head.
The 42 MKII design is smart and strategic, focusing on comfort, efficiency, storage, and style.
- LOA: 43' 2"
- LWL: 36'
- Beam: 13' 10"
- Draft: 4' 10"
- Ballast: 8,300 lbs
- Approx. dry weight: 20,500 lbs
Cockpit and Deck
- Cushions (New 2011)
- Ample seating
- Stern rail seats
- Large drop leaf cockpit table
- Walk-through transom
- Hinged stainless steal swim ladder
- Cockpit shower, hot & cold, with extra long hose
- Custom raised helm-seat insert
- Full bimini and dodger with 7'+ head clearance
- Strataglass windshield brand new in 2016 can easily fold up for open ventilation
- Screen insert for windshield
- Full Strataglass enclosure with built in screens
- 6 solar shade cockpit screens allow for both shade and ventilation
- Shore power inlets at BOTH bow and stern for easy shore power hook-up when bow-in or stern-in at the dock
- Electric windlass with foot pedal
- 2 anchors: Danforth with 50' Chain, 150' rode; Fortress with rode
- Dinghy Davits: heavy duty Martek
- Outboard motor lifting davit
- Canvas hatch covers, winch covers
- Zarcor companionway doors with multiple inserts (screen, clear, white)
- Hull and topsides hand waxed yearly
- Fully battened mainsail (cleaned, serviced, and restitched regularly)
-Dutchman flanking system replaced in 2013
- 150% Genoa (cleaned, serviced, and restitched regularly)
- -Schaffer roller furling
- Spinnaker with spinnaker pole
- All lines led to cockpit
- model 4JH4BE
- 50 hp
- 320 hours
- dripless shaft seal
- 3 blade bronze prop
- Continuous maintenance including fuel polishing and tank cleaning
- Raymarine 12" digital GPS chart plotter with sonar and radar
- Satellite weather connected to chart plotter
- Raymarine ST6000 autopilot
- Raymarine ST 60+ speed, wind, and depth
- Garmin 300 VHF radio with AIS receiver at helm and down below at nav station, both with MMSI to GPS emergency buttons
- New Raymarine radar 18" Radome
- 11 gal water heater
- 16,000 btu A/C unit new in 2012
- Batteries-2D AGM 198 amp hrs
- --Group 27 AGM Starting Battery, 92 amp hr.
- Battery monitoring system
- 40 amp battery charger
- Xantrex inverter
- LED interior lights
- Solar fan in forward cabin hatch
- New A/C unit: 16,000 btu Dometric reverse cycle with heat
- New full cockpit enclosure with Strataglass and screens
- Replaced both heads with full-sized manual heads
- Martek heavy duty dinghy davits
- Sonar transducer installed
- All new electronics
- Dutchman system: entire unit replaced and added topping lift access from deck
- Hinges added to boarding ladder
- Internet/DSL/phone line/satellite cable TV added to nav station
- Forward and aft bunk cushions replaced
- New bottom paint "vivid black"
- New microwave
- New aft head macerator
- Engine temp gauge and alarm put in cockpit
- All batteries replaced with AGMs: 2 house and 1 starter
- New battery monitor at nav station
- Hatch boards re-varnished
- Strataglass wind shield replaced
- New Bottom Paint
- Hull & Top Sides Detailers, Hard Wax & Buffed -Sept.
- Fuel: 46 gal.
- Water: 115 gal.
- Holding: 52 gal.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Massey Yacht Sales & Service
Cape Coral, FL, United States
Cape Coral, FL, United States
420 Owner's Cabin
Cape Coral, FL, United States
Punta Gorda, FL, United States
Cape Coral, FL, United States
Walter Greene Custom Catamaran
Even Keel 38