- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Martha's Vineyard, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 365,000
“HERA” is a very nice Hinckley SW42 with nice sails, Kevlar laminate in the hull for additional strength and has been well kept by her current owner who is reluctantly selling her due to his lack of time to enjoy her.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me, WYTHE INGEBRITSON: Cell: 207-664-8111 Office: 207-244-5531 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the used power or sailboat Hinckley market.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: Whitney Brackin Cell: 205-389-0944 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-244-5531
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
LOA: 42 ft 9 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 1 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Total Power: 88 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1994
Engine Model: 4JH2E fwc diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1625
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 88 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (140 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
HERA sleeps seven and has the Sou'wester 42 "Dinette" layout with reverse-cycle air conditioning providing plenty of comfort when aboard. A new Main, a lightly used genoa and recently painted mast have her looking good under sail.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Double white boottop
- Red bottom
- White house and deck with Camel Brown non-skid deck pattern - molded in
- Varnished exterior teak trim
The Hull is a composite construction of Kevlar/E-glass inner and outer skins, with foam core that is SCRIMPed with a 100% vinylester Resin. The Deck is E-glass and balsa core, SCRIMPed with 100% vinylester resin.
- Molded external lead keel (provides protection in the event of grounding) is secured to the hull with 1" stainless steel bolts.
- The Centerboard is raised and lowered with a low stretch line that leads to a winch in the cockpit.
- Guard rail at sheer is varnished on top and Awlgripped on the bottom and has stainless steel half oval.
- Aft lazarette is custom partitioned to hold stern anchor rode.
- Hinckley stainless steel bow pulpit & stern pulpit with integral chocks
- Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines with port and starboard gates
- Wichard folding padeyes (3)
- Double dorade box with two 5” cowl vents
- Cockpit custom instrument pod
- Polished stainless steel genoa tracks
Cockpit is T-shaped with locking sail and equipment locker to port and two stainless steel trimmed winch handle pockets lined with Dri-deck located in each coaming. Cockpit sole is inlaid teak. There is a line rack in the sail locker. There is an outboard motor mount in the locker as well as a separate mount on the outside. Lazarette hatch is flush. Pedestal mounted "destroyer wheel" steering with Hinckley folding helm step. A complete range of engine instruments are on the port side handy to the helmsman.
- Edson pedestal wheel steering with stainless steel pedestal guard
- Ritchie 6" compass in stainless steel binnacle
- Varnished teak 40" steering wheel
- Cockpit dodger: Zipper front window, awning zipper, and SS steel grab rail
- Cockpit bimini – Full-length custom, with window
- Cockpit cushions with custom “stay-put” system
- Hinckley folding cockpit table - pedestal mounted
- Cockpit speakers (2)
HERA sleeps seven in her gloss-cherry SW-42 "Dinette" layout with reverse-cycle air conditioning. The interior main salon is finished in high-gloss varnished cherry with a varnished teak and holly cabin sole. The white overhead has opening hatches in the forward cabin and main salon and there is dome lighting throughout. Seven fans and additional bulkhead lighting are located throughout providing plenty of extra light and ventilation.
Forward Stateroom has a V-berth forward with seat between, storage drawers below and full-length lockers above. A filler piece converts the v-berth to a full width berth. The cushions are finished with Navy Sunbrella fabric and there are two sets of custom fitted sheets for this area made by Hinckley with matching pillow cases. Additional storage is in a cedar-lined full-length hanging locker next aft to starboard. To port is a three-drawer bureau with a small shelf and locker above.
Large forward and aft opening white hatch with screen, two Hella fans and 12-volt lighting to provide plenty of light and excellent ventilation. There is a forward locker door that gives access to the partitioned forepeak chain locker.
A door separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations and a separate door offers private access to the Head next aft. Forward cabin bulkheads are white with gloss varnished cherry trim to brighten up this area.
HEAD is forward port and finished in white with cherry trim, and it has an Antique White Formica counter top with stainless sink with faucet providing hot & cold pressure water and hand-held shower. An opening portlight and dorade and 12v fan provide ample ventilation and sconce lights on either rside of the cherry framed mirror provide good lighting. An overhead shower curtain keeps the counters dry during showers. A manual marine toilet discharges into a holding tank or overboard through a Y-valve. Hinckley stainless steel hand rail/towel rack, outboard lockers with shelves built-in and a 110-volt outlet are additional amenities in this area.
Next, the MAIN SALON has a U-shaped dining area to port and to starboard is a pullout transom berth with pilot berth outboard. The Main Salon cushions are covered with Navy Sunbrella fabric. A large, white, double-opening hatch with screen is located over the center of the cabin.
The "Dinette" offers comfortable seating for six around a cherry drop-leaf dining table with custom liquor stowage in the center. The port leaf of the table drops to convert into a full double berth. Storage is available in large custom lockers and a bookshelf outboard, and additional storage areas are behind the dinette seats. There is a 110-volt outlet in the forward dinette box.
Starboard, forward of the transom berth is a cedar-lined hanging locker and a three-drawer bureau with an additional locker outboard. There is a 12-volt TV on a custom pullout “lazy-susan” in the outboard locker. Two custom large storage drawers are below the pilot berth and can also hold charts, etc.
NAVIGATION STATION - Next aft to starboard and separated by a partial bulkhead with a custom inboard handhold, the Nav Station houses nav instruments, chart light, master electrical distribution panel, 110-volt outlet and a 12-volt cigarette type outlet. Storage for charts is located within the nav desk, large bin storage is located in the nav seat, and there are 3 drawers under the desk. The nav seat cushion is finished in Navy Sunbrella fabric.
Aft: Walk-in QUARTERBERTH area is aft of the nav station, separated by another partial bulkhead that has closed shelving above and hooks for foul weather gear, and a sole drain. Cushions are covered in Navy Sunbrella fabric. This area has an opening port with screen and curtain. It is finished with white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry trim.
U-shaped GALLEY is opposite the nav area with an Antique White Formica countertop with backsplash:
- Gimballed Force-10 stainless steel 3-burner stove with oven and broiler manual & electric solenoid shut-off switch. Custom stove cover rests flush with countertop and stores on door below sink.
- Separate cold box refrigerator and freezer with Grunert AR-50 refrigeration
- Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water and freshwater hand pump
- Hinckley custom cutting board to fit sink
- Hinckley custom glass rack
- Hinckley custom paper towel rack
- Hinckley custom knife rack.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hinckley glasses (6) and Hinckley mugs (6)
There are storage lockers with louvered doors aft and outboard, and there is dry storage below the countertop.
Centerline Aft Companionway up to the cockpit has two additional teak handrails port and starboard of the companionway. There is a custom binocular/flashlight box mounted next to it.
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Nav Electronics include:
- Robertson AP-20 Autopilot
- Furuno 1720 Radar – mounted radar display at nav station visible from companionway
- Furuno GP-1650 GPS color chart plotter
- Icom M-700 SSB with AT-120 coupler and insulated backstay
- Icom M125 VHF Radio
- Autohelm ST-50 GPS display cockpit
- Autohelm ST-50 Depth finder, Windspeed/Direction
- Autohelm ST-50 multi display at nav station
- US Cellular cell phone (built-in) with mast antenna
- Compass - Ritchie 6" compass pedestal mounted
Entertainment center features:
- Color 12-volt 10” TV
- AM/FM stereo system with CD/Cassette
- 10 CD changer
- VCR AC/DC Player
- TV/Antenna/12 volt outlet
- Hinckley TV-FM antenna installed at masthead
SAILS and RIGGING
Hinckley built aluminum mast and boom with double spreaders of tapered aluminum painted to match deck (repainted 2012). Navtec rod standing rigging and running rigging of braided dacron.
- Harken II headstay system
- Harken track with batt-cars
- Removable Inner forestay
- Insulated backstay
- Harken stainless steel blocks
- Lazy jacks on main
- Boom vang, preventer and sea snub
- Wire/rope main and jib halyards
- Spinnaker halyard
- Two flag halyards
- Boom is rigged for jiffy reefing.
- International nav lights and a foredeck light
- (4) Locking winch handles
WINCHES: (All Lewmar self-tailing)
- #58 CCST Primaries (2)
- #50 CCST Secondaries winches
- #44 CC ST Main Sheet winch
- #44 CC ST Main Halyard winch
- #44 CC ST Jib Halyard winch
- #30 CC ST Reefing winch
- Spinnaker halyard winch
- Four locking winch handles
- Main sail – Quantum, full-batten (new 2015)
- Genoa (new 2008)
A heavy duty, large capacity 12V/110V electrical system:
- Gel-cell Prevailer (450 amp hour equivalent) batteries provides lighting (450 amp hour) and (110 amp hour) starting power.
- A Balmar externally regulated, dual output 150-amp alternator (rebuilt 2012) is mounted on the main engine.
- Emergency starting system.
- Master electrical control panel in the nav area has circuit breakers, separate lighting and starting circuits, voltmeter and ammeter.
- All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are grounded with heavy copper strapping to the keel.
- There are four 110-volt outlets located throughout.
The engine is a Yanmar 4JH2E 88-hp freshwater cooled diesel with 2:1 reduction gear. Aquamet stainless steel shaft with spurs and a 3-blade Maxi propeller.
- Racor fuel filter
- Engine alarm for oil and overheat;
- Engine instrument panel shows RPM tachometer, oil pressure, engine temperature and amp meter
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning keeps the interior comfortable when needed and runs from shore power.
- Extra 40-gallon forward fuel tank has fuel transfer system
- Fuel transfer pump
- Oil transfer pump
- Electric 12-volt DC bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric sump pump
- Jabsco 6900 deckwash pump with deck spigot
- Propane is stored in two 20# aluminum tanks with manual and electric solenoid shut-offs.
- Hot water is provided by a 12-gallon engine or 110 volt heated stainless steel hot water tank.
- Emergency tiller steering system.
Equipment: Ground Tackle:
- Simpson Lawrence Anchorman windlass with chain wildcat
- CQR 45# anchor mounted on stainless steel bow roller
- Fortress #23 anchor with stern anchor roller and stern puplit vertical storage mount
- 200 ft. X 5/16” HT galvanized chain
- 200 ft x ½” twisted nylon anchor rode for stern anchor in dedicated compartment with deck access
- Stern roller for aft anchor roller
- Saltwater deckwash
- Freshwater deckwash
- Mounted teak outboard motor bracket on stern pulpit with stainless steel chafe plate
- Varnished teak ensign staff with flush mount
- Screens for all opening hatches and ports
- Masthead mounted 5-function light
- Lightning brush at masthead
- Radar antenna and radar reflector on mast
- Horseshoe Liferings (2) with Hinckley stainless steel brackets
- Life jackets
- Fire Extinguishers
- Horn - Electric 12-volt DC dual trumpet
- Givens 8-person Offshore Liferaft
- Force 10 propane “Sea Kettle grill/smoker with rail mount and tote bag
- Lee cloths for dinette, starboard transom and aft quarter berths
- Custom winch, wheel and brightwork covers including handrails, hatches, toe rails and coaming cap.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Sou'wester 42 MKII Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 42 MK II Sloop
Rockport, ME, United States
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 59 CC Sloop
Marco Island, FL, United States
Sou'wester 42 Aft Cabin Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Bermuda 40 MK III Yawl
Beaufort, NC, United States