- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 249,000
DASHER is an exclusive opportunity to acquire a landmark in yachting history. DASHER, hull number #1 of Hinckley's now infamous Picnic Boat line and is the boat that started a revolution in the yachting industry.
DASHER has been updated throughout with modern electronics including Hinckley’s patented second generation Jetstick® but retains all of her original design features including original Jade Mist green hull and custom Custard colors decks with contrasting Carmel Brown painted non-skid. She has been meticulously maintained by Hinckley and is in Bristol condition with 2 year old hull paint and recent canvas, soft-good refurbishment and teak accents to the helm chairs.
Don’t miss the opportunity to own a rare piece of yachting history today!
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me, WYTHE INGEBRITSON: Cell: 207-664-8111 Office: 207-244-5531 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the used power or sailboat Hinckley market.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Jennifer Richards Cell: 443-852-0707 or email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: Whitney Brackin Cell: 205-389-0944 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-244-5531
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: Bruce King
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 10 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 1 ft 6 in
Displacement: 11500 lbs
Total Power: 370 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: 6LYA-STP diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 565
Drive Type: Jet Drive
Engine Power: 370 HP
Cruising Speed: 20 knots
Maximum Speed: 25 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
DASHER is perfectly designed for cocktail cruises with friends, and comfortably accommodates 8 adults. The dual, swiveling helm chairs, aft 4-place bench seat, engine box and roomy cockpit provide an inviting setting for a social day on the water. For an occasional overnight, DASHER offers a head with shower, galley with ice box, gas stove and a forward v-berth and ample storage for a cruising couple.
Dasher is powered by a 370-HP Yanmar diesel coupled to a Hamilton 291 Jet Drive. The Jet Drive provides for a quiet ride and access to shallow water while the Hinckley JetSick® with integrated bow thruster provides effortless, confident handling even in tight quarters. The light weight of DASHER and efficient propulsion system combine to produce a comfortable cruise speed of 20 knots and a top speed of 25 knots.
HULL and DECK
The Hull was laminated by the SCRIMP process utilizing a vacuum bag resin infusion system. The hull is infused laminate of a knit hybrid fabric of Kelvar/E-glass reinforced with vinylester resin. A core of aircraft quality end-grain balsa is sandwiched between the outer and inner skins of the laminate. The core is removed, and the hull is reinforced with additional layers of fiberglass in areas such as the hull/deck connecting flange, centerline and all thru-hull fittings.
The Deck and cockpit are constructed with polyester resin and E-glass knit fabrics with an end-grain balsa core. The deck and cockpit have a molded non-skid pattern.
- Green Awlgrip topsides (New 2014)
- Custard Deck with painted Carmel Brown contrasting nonskid (Smooth portions repainted)
- White boot stripe
- Red Bottom
- Teak exterior woodwork
Swim Platform: A solid teak swim platform with stainless steel half-round follows the shape of the transom.
- Stainless steel heavy-duty brackets
- Stainless steel bow rail
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- (2) Low profile opening aluminum hatches (Painted to match deck)
- (1) Hinckley sailboat style teak hatch on cabin top
- (4) Elliptical ports in house sides
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern, and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Port and starboard varnished teak hand rails on cabin top with custom painted hand holds on cabin top.
- Hinckley varnished teak mast on cabin top
- Foredeck access to anchor and rode system
- Hinckley’s custom laminated Teak coaming cap and book matched coamings board below.
- Removable full-width transom seating with fresh cushions cover in Soft Side Marine Zander upholstery with contrasting piping.
- Custom stainless steel boarding ladder with teak treads can be placed port or starboard
- Three cockpit sole lockers with flush hatches.
- Engine box with ample room for seating
- Under coaming storage for folding table
- Deck shower with hot and cold mixing valve to startboard
- Direct drainage scuppers
- Custom Bimini - extends from pilothouse - provides additional shade and protection from the elements.
- Teak package includes teak covered upper pilothouse and dash area.
- Insulated sound absorbent overhead has two opening hatches and two overhead varnished teak handrails.
- Lighting provided via four overhead fixtures with two (white) aft and two (red) at the port and starboard helm areas.
- Excellent visibility is provided with four fixed windows – Forward two windows have heavy-duty windshield wipers and washers.
- A lockable teak companionway door is partially louvered providing interior ventilation. The easily removed, lockable top doubles for reading charts or can be stored
- Ample line and fender storage below starboard helm.
- Inverter and powered cooler on sliding shelf located below port helm.
- (2) Helm chairs freshly upholstered in Soft Side Marine Beluga Dune with rust stitching
- Custom varnished Teak ladder backs and arm rests installed (2016)
- (2) Stereo speakers mounted in overhead, painted to match the Custard deck color.
A drop curtain with windows can enclose the pilothouse during inclement weather.
To Port in the pilothouse:
- Custom Hinckley swivel/sliding helm chair covered in Soft Side Marine Beluga Dune upholstery with Rust stitching
- Custom varnished teak ladder back and arm rests (New 2016)
- Varnished teak hand hold
- Stainless steel footrest
- Teak tread helm riser with Espar diesel fired heater outlet
- Custom sliding shelf with powered cooler underneath.
- (3) Three outlet inverter
HELM Station (Fwd Starboard):
- Custom Hinckley swivel/sliding helm chair - covered in Soft Side Marine Beluga Dune upholstery with Rust stitching
- Custom varnished teak ladder back and arm rests (New 2016)
- Stainless steel footrest on forward bulkhead
- Electrical sub-panel
- Storage compartment with lid
- Storage area underneath helm seat
- Custom burl varnished dash.
- Upgraded navigation system and engine instruments
- Varnished wood rimmed stainless steel steering wheel
- Varnished teak cup holder
- Hinckley Jetstick®
- Simrad NSE 12 GPS Plotter
- Simrad BR24 Radar
- Raytheon 210 VHF
- Raytheon 430 Loudhailer
- Raytheon RP650 autopilot
- ACR RL-50 remote controlled spotlight
- Ritchie Compass
- Stereo: Sony MEX-BT3100P AM/FM/CD Satellite-ready stereo and two pilothouse speakers.
The Interior is finished in a Herreshoff style in white with mahogany trim. Custom gloss finished v-groove overhead. Teak and holly sole.
The Forward Cabin features a V-berth, with filler to form a double berth.
- There is storage built into the berths
- Hanging locker is next aft port
- Additional stowage is in the sealed forepeak
- Gloss varnished mahogany shelves to port and starboard
- (2) Stereo speakers at head of bunk
- V-berth removable filler system with matching cushion
- Ample storage thorough out berth via top loading lockers
Private Head features a solid mahogany door and a molded fiberglass floor pan with drain that allows for easy cleaning after showers..
- Varnished mahogany countertop
- Undermounted sink
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Hand-held shower with mixing valve is mounted in the head countertop.
- Mahogany trimmed mirror over countertop.
- Storage is in mahogany-faced lockers above and outboard the countertop and in a drawer beside the head.
- Camper toilet system installed for reduced maintenance
- Storage below sink accessed via easily removed panel
- Maple countertop countertop incorporates:
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water.
- Stainless steel 2-burner propane stove with wood stove cover/cutting board with remote shut-off valve. (Propane tank and locker currently removed.)
- Large insulated icebox aft with hinged lid.
- A varnished mahogany-faced louvered door pantry storage locker with shelves is located at the forward end of the counter.
- There is ample storage in varnished mahogany faced lockers above and outboard of the countertop
- Large locker under the sink that has a pull-out trash bin.
- Additional storage in companionway step with hinged lifting lid.
- (2) Two 12-volt 4D gel-cell batteries - total of 320 amp hours
- Heavy-duty 1-2-Both battery switch provides emergency starting.
- Bass 12-volt distribution panel with thermal magnetic breakers, digital volt meter and digital amp meter.
- Engine driven 55-amp alternator
- ACR RL-50 Remote controlled spotlight
- 12 volt outlet at helm
- (3) Outlet inverter mounted under port helm area
Engine box has lead-lined insulation, exhaust blower and double gaskets for sealing engine box cover. Baffled and insulated engine air intakes and a water-drop muffler all make for a quiet ride.
- Yanmar 370-hp 6LYA-STP diesel engine, installed 2004
- Hamilton 291 jet drive
- Twin disc MG5O5O transmission.
- Dual Racor fuel filter/water separator
- Vetus 5” bow thruster integrated into the Hinckley Jetstick system.
- Manual hydraulic steering
- Tachometer with engine hours
- Updated engine gauges: Oil pressure, Water temperature, Fuel gauge, Jet angle indicator
- Audible low oil pressure and high water temp alarms
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- Fireboy automatic fire suppression system with manual override at helm.
- Espar heater - with outlets in pilothouse and main cabin
- (2) Two l2-volt electric bilge pumps with float switches
- Saginaw hydraulic pump driven by drive shaft via serpentine belt
- Manual bilge pump located to starboard
- Holding tank
- Cockpit shower handle and mixing valve located to starboard.
- Removable screens hatch screens
- Varnished bow burgee pennant staff with flush socket.
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket.
- 12# anchor with 150’ rode with chain
- Docking lines and fenders
- Optional window covers
- Optional mooring cover
- Running lights
- (2) Fire extinguishers
- Life jackets
- Flare kit
- Emergency kits
- Dual electric 12-volt horn
- Search light
- 12-volt air horn with switch on dash
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Picnic Boat Classic
Oxford, MD, United States
Picnic Boat Classic
Sausalito, CA, United States
Talaria 44 Flybridge
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Picnic Boat MKIII
Annapolis, MD, United States
Bermuda 40 MK II Yawl
St. Michaels, MD, United States
Sou'wester 51 CC Sloop
North Kingstown, RI, United States