- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 225,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 292,388)
Exceptional spec on this extensively refitted Briand design 62 foot 8/10 berth beauty. Awlgrip painted in pale grey and white. Teak decks. Beautiful custom interior, full a/c. At this price an ideal charter business opportunity. Big inventory. Offers.
Please contact Alan McIlroy at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Dynamique Yachts
Designer: Philippe Briand
LOA: 63 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 8 in
LWL: 51 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 33000 kgs
Ballast: 9800 kgs
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: M135
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 120 HP
Number of single berths: 10
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
IMPULSE represents a great opportunity to purchase a seriously handsome, substantial and heavily updated yacht at a very modest ask. With most of the significant and big ticket items replaced in recent years (teak decks, hull and super structure paint, rig painted and new standing rigging) she leaves little to do for any new owner.
An ideal yacht for the big family trip being immensely capable with volume and capacities to make life aboard very comfortable equally she would lend herself to charter use (being available ex tax makes her that little bit more attractive).
Currently fully winterised and laid up ashore at our offices in Lymington she is available for viewing (which we would recommend) 7 days a week.
I was one of four friends who bought Impulse and commissioned the interior of this Philippe Briand designed Dynamique, launched in 1994. We enjoyed many happy years of sailing together.
In the early years we also employed full time crew to run charters in the Mediterranean and Caribbean. When my partners decided buy a new catamaran, it was an easy decision for me to take over, knowing first hand the background and build quality of this beautiful yacht. I oversaw an extensive refit in 2006 and since then have upgraded many other areas of the boat.
The life of Impulse has been extraordinary. She has visited many parts of the Mediterranean, she has crossed the Atlantic five times, sailed past the Statue of Liberty, journeyed throughout the eastern coast of the USA, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Belize, Venezuela.
Designed by one of the greatest marine geniuses, Philippe Briand and built in France, Impulse is a classical and conventional construction. Many yachts in the 70 to 100 foot range embrace the same basic shape: timeless, spacious and practical. Impulse has handled bad weather, big seas and racing safely and in her stride. At 33 tons, she was built to last.
Regular surveys have found no sign of osmosis and her solid construction shows no evidence of stress. She compares well to any modern Swan or Oyster of a similar size. At any anchorage or regatta, she turns heads.
Impulse is big enough to be an ocean going family or charter yacht but is still manageable by a couple without the need for crew. Two people can easily raise, lower and trim sails, I’ve sailed her solo on occasions. The auto pilot, power winches and well planned layout make her safe and easy to handle. Impulse carries over 450 gallons of fresh water and fuel, enough for many weeks at sea and the high capacity water maker works efficiently.
Impulse is well stocked with tools and spares, the charter inventory is extensive. I will be happy to help a future owner as much as possible with a good handover.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull construction of solid GRP laminate
- Deck & superstructure construction of GRP sandwich with end-grain balsa core
- All laminates are hand laid
- Hull and deck join via double bolting and laminating on interior
- Teak laid decking and other external teak replaced in 2006
- Hull repainted in 2011 in Awlgrip Pearl Grey with white cove line, dark grey boot topping line.
- Black antifoul
- Cockpit and deck areas painted in Awlgrip ‘Off White’ – 2011
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead ballast fin keel externally bolted to hull via 12 acid-resistant stainless steel bolts
- Aluminium hollow rudder blade connected to steering gear via aluminium rudder stock (rudder bearings serviced winter 2010/11)
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins M135 inline 6-cylinder diesel engine producing approx 120hp
- Hurth reduction gearbox (reconditioned May 2010)
- Fresh water cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: approx 1,150.
- Engine last serviced: March 2014, inspected and laid up May 2015.
- Cruising speed – approx 6-7 knots @ 1,600-1,800rpm
- Maximum speed – approx 9 knots
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 6 litres per hour @ 6 knots
- Maximum Range @ cruising speed – approx 835Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed fixed propeller
- Replacement PSS shaft seal fitted 2008
- Wheel steering via wire to quadrant.
- Lewmar 250TT 8kW 24v bow thruster, complete new installation 2015.
- 24v DC domestic system with 220v ring main from generator and/or shorepower.
- 4x 12v engine start batteries (new 2013)
- 6 x 220Ah 12v gel cell service batteries joined in series and parallel to supply 660 Ah @ 24v (2011)
- 1x 12v generator start battery (new March 2015)
- Engine and service batteries can be joined in parallel in emergencies
- Mastervolt 24v automatic battery charger (2012)
- 24vDC engine mounted alternator for charging all batteries (switchable)
- Northern Lights 15kw 50/60Hz 220/240v diesel generator (2006)
- Generator hours – approx 3,000.
- Generator last serviced: March 2014, inspected and laid up 2015.
- Mastervolt 24v/100amp 1500w (new 2012).
- 220v 50Hz (European) shore power connection with assorted connector cables
- 220v sockets throughout interior
- Double 110 volt socket in galley from transformer, runs toaster, food mixer etc.
- Large step down unit for 12 volt supply, under chart table.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised water system via 24vDC fresh water pump (new 2013)
- Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in hot water storage tank powered by shorepower or generator.
- Secondary hot water storage tank in forward cabin with 220vAC immersion heater element
- Aquafresh 220vAC watermaker with 126lph capacity
- Watermaker hours: approx 770 as of March 2014
- Watermaker – rebuilt and new membranes – March 2014
- 1x manual bilge pump located in cockpit
- 3x 24vDC electric bilge pumps located engine bilge, amidships above keel, sail locker forward
Grey & Black Water:
- Grey water discharges directly to sea via 24vDC sump pump
- Black water discharges to sea
- 2x stainless steel fuel tanks (290 litres – port, 545 litres – starboard) of 835 litres (183 gallons)
- Stainless steel fuel fillers on deck
- Tank gauges at navigation area
- 2x stainless steel water tanks (700 litres – port, 590 litres – starboard) of 1,290 litres (284 gallons)
- Stainless steel fuel fillers on deck
- Tank gauges at navigation area
- Raymarine E80 colour radar/chart plotter (2006); new screen (July 2015).
- Simrad autopilot with course computer & FG compass connected to Raymarine 24v hydraulic drive and ram (2007)
- Raymarine ST60 speed/log display (2006)
- Raymarine ST60 depth display (2006)
- Raymarine ST50 wind display (2006)
- Raymarine ST60 VMG display (2006)
At chart table:
- Raymarine E120 colour radar/chart plotter (2006); new screen (July 2015).
- Plotter connected to Raymarine closed array radar scanner (2006)
- Raymarine Raystar GPS receiver connected to radar/chart plotter and autopilot (2006)
- Furuno GP32 independent GPS (2007)
- Icom MC504 VHF with DSC controller
- Repeater for Icom VHF at helm
- Icom ICM31 handheld VHF
- SSB (not presently connected or warranted but believe to be in working order)
- Thrane & Thrane satellite telephone (not presently connected)
- Stainless steel 3-burner gimballed gas stove with oven (2005)
- Microwave oven (2010)
- 220vAC refrigerator (2012)
- 220vAC deep freeze (2012)
- Thermostatic hot & cold water supply to galley sinks
- Breadmaker, liquidiser, toaster & rice maker
- 4x manual marine heads pumping directly to sea
- hot & cold water supply to sink with pull-out shower attachment
- 24vDC pump out for shower trays
Heating & Ventilation:
- 220vAC air-conditioning system with 3x compressors supplying outlets throughout yacht with controls in most cabins (master cabin and aft compressors replaced 2008)
- 12/24v fans throughout interior
- Opening deckhead hatches throughout with skyscreens – all glasses replaced with Lexan - 2012
- Sony 32” LCD TV mounted to main bulkhead in saloon (2008)
- Pioneer DVD player with HDMI connection (2012)
- JVC CD/Radio headunit with 2x speakers in saloon powering 4x speakers in cockpit
- 12/24vDC LED deckhead lighting throughout
- Additional 12/24vDC reading lights in accommodation cabins
- LED floor-level lighting in saloon
Summary of Accommodation:
- 8 Berths in four double/twin cabins consisting of master cabin forward, two guest cabins forward and double guest/crew cabin aft. All cabins are served by individual ensuite heads/showers.
- Interior joinery in hand-finished maple with rosewood inlays
- Decoran countertops in galley
- Laminate countertops in heads
- Beige alcantara upholstery with full set of crew covers in dark blue Sunbrella (2006)
- Headlinings in cream vinyl with contrasting battening with Velcro fixings (replaced September 2010)
- Marinelam cherry & holly non-slip soleboards (replaced 2006)
- Beige fabric blinds for side-ports
- Large stock of custom made cotton sheets for all cabins. New pillows and pillowcases. Large stock of high quality white towels and coloured beach towels.
Description of layout from forwards:
Forward Sail Locker:
- Accessed from deck, ladder to main compartment, 2 side sections. All stripped out and repainted 2015.
- Access to bow thruster.
Forward Cabin with En-suite:
- Master cabinwith king size bed. 3 hatches, double hanging closet, other lockers and drawers. Polished chrome light fittings. Bookshelves either side of bed. Large linen stores. A/C controls. En suite head/shower, with cupboards and wash basin.
Port Guest Cabin with En-suite:
- Double bunk cabin with top bunk able to fold away to make a single. Hanging closet and lockers. Bed side lights. Hatch and opening portlight. En suite head, shower and hand basin.
Starboard Guest Cabin with En-suite:
- Double cabin with portlight & hatch, closets, drawers & lockers. A/C controls. Bedside lights. En/suite head/shower and wash basin with mirrored cabinet.
- Spectacular circular dining table in polished maple. (central section revolves and conceals section for wine storage) Craftsman built bookcase and drinks cabinet. Large storage lockers under seating. Further bottle holders and other lockers. To port: another settee, seats 3 (also makes into additional double berth). Flatscreen TV and DVD player. Hatches, portlights and feature coachroof wraparound windows. LED floor lighting.
- Extensively equipped with gas cooker, oven, microwave, refrigerator & deep freeze. Extensive and recent ranges of crockery, cutlery, pots, pans and numerous utensils for the finest cuisine, even a truffle shaver! Breadmaker, liquidizer, toaster, rice maker. Wine, champagne and spirits glasses. Mugs and beakers.
- Aft of saloon area to starboard. Large chart table area with upholstered seat. Stowage for charts and pilot books. Space for navigation and communications equipment. Access through to engine & machinery space
- Oilskins locker, bench with vice, comprehensive array of tools, spares, two electric drills, angle grinder. Location for watermaker, generator (in separate sound box), batteries and engine.
Aft Crew/Guest Cabin:
- Accessed aft of galley. Double bunk, lockers, hanging closet, bookshelf, three opening portlights. A/C controls. Ensuite head with shower, hand basin, lockers.
- Francespar / Sparcraft aluminium two spreader deck-stepped mast
- Mast, boom and spinnaker pole finished ‘Off White’ Awlgrip (2011)
- Stainless wire rigging (Backstay, forestay & cap shrouds replaced September 2010)
- Checkstays for use with cutter rig (replaced 2007)
- Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioner - 2014
- Profurl roller furling on genoa and staysail
- Older Awlgrip white painted Selden rod vang (refurbished 2008).
- New vang, stripped and painted in March 2015.
- Stackpack system for mainsail (new 2012)
- Lewmar battencars for mainsail system
- 2-reefing points for mainsail
- Sheaves for main halyard and topping lift replaced/refurbished July 2010
- Spinnaker kit with blocks and sheets
- Dynema main halyard replaced 2012
- Headsails sheets replaced 2012
- Outhaul replaced 2006
- All winches by Harken.
- 2x Barbarossa 66.2 primary winches – gearboxes rebuilt by FKG (March 2012).
- 4x 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard winches at base of mast
- 1x 2-speed manual self-tailing winches for vang at base of mast
- 2x 2-speed manual self-tailing mainsheet winches at companionway
- 2x 2-speed manual self-tailing spinnaker sheet winches in cockpit
- All winches serviced 2012 and gearboxes rebuilt
- Doyle Dacron fully-battened mainsail (2007)
- Doyle Dacron furling yankee (2007)
- Quantum Dacron furling staysail (UV strip replaced 2008)
- Nylon symmetrical spinnaker (2002 but little used)
- A large cockpit, with folding dining table for eight or more. Sprayhood and full cover bimini, with lighting above and at floor level. Steering cockpit separate but close enough for helmsman to be a part of the party and the main sheet traveller is safely forward of the cockpit, over the coachroof. Extended aft teak transom deck with comfortable seating, iceboxes under, s/s passarelle/bathing ladder. Large lazarettes with access to steering quadrant and gas storage.
- Forward deck wash: Fresh water, serves foredeck, reaches back to mast.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar 250TT 8kW 24v bow thruster, complete new installation 2015.
- Quick 24 volt electric windlass with remote control (new installation March 2015)
- CQR 75lb anchor mounted on bow with 200 feet of 12 mm galvanised chain (new 2012)
- Fortress FX-55 aluminium secondary anchor on chain and rope (new 2006)
- Two chain lockers
- Mooring lines and fenders
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Large bimini with inset LED lighting covering whole cockpit – grey Sunbrella – new 2012
- Sprayhood/dodger with zip out mid-section – grey Sunbrella – new 2012
- Liferaft covers – grey Sunbrella – new 2012
- Extensive cockpit cushions
- Four matching foredeck sunbathing cushions
- Aft seating cushions
- Stackpack mainsail bag – new 2012
Tender & Outboard:
- AB 360 rigid inflatable dinghy with centre cockpit with anchor locker, binnacle locker, SS chain/lock. SS folding anchor, oars. 5 gallon fuel tank and 1 gallon spare – new 2012
- 40hp Yamaha 4-stroke outboard – new 2012
Sports Equipment (available by separate negotiation):
- 3x full sets diving gear, 5x tanks, also snorkeling equipment for large parties.
- 2x Eurovinyl 6 man liferafts (new 2007) Situated with easy activation under extended aft transom platform. (New case and service for stbd liferaft, Feb 2010).
- Numerous flares
- Auto and manual inflate lifejackets
- 2 EPIRBS
- Emergency tiller aft of wheel
- Numerous LED torches throughout.
- Dan Bouy
- 2x Horseshoe buoys
- Lifesling/MOB recovery system.
- Auto and manual fire extinguishers throughout
Extensive spares and additional inventory package – please ask for full list
- Enabling IMPULSE to be purchased as a complete turn-key cruising yacht with little or no additional inventory purchasing.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.