1994 Cornish Crabber 24
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ardfern, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 22,500 Tax Paid (US$ 31,563)
An evolution of the much loved original Crabber design the Cornish Crabber 24 with her traditional lines and rig is a greatly admired design in any marina. With the retractable bowsprit enhancing the sail area considerably her performance in all weathers is admirable while with the sprit retracted berthing is also reasonable.
Built to order in late 1994 LOUISA was exhibited at the Earls Court London Boatshow in January 1995 before being commissioned for her then owner. During her first couple of season afloat the boat was the star of many articles and photo shoots for the yachting press having been fitted out to an exceptional standard with lots of then extras. Afloat and in commission here at Ardfern she is offered for sale with a full inventory.
Please contact Mark Cameron at 01852 500247
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Cornish Crabbers
LOA: 9.29 m
Beam: 2.59 m
LWL: 7.46 m
Length on Deck: 7.46 m
Maximum Draft: 1.06 m
Displacement: 3300 kgs
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1994
Engine Model: 2GM20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 18 HP
Fuel Tanks: (55 Liters)
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Cornish Crabber 24 Bermudan Cutter Rig in a traditional styling complete with timber spars and bowsprit.
GRP traditional moulded hull finished externally in the original green gelcoat with white boot top. Below the waterline the hull has a traditional shape with full length keel and seky hung rudder aft.
GRP traditional moulded hull finished externally in the original two tone cream coloured gelcoat.
2013 Survey available.
Spars, Rigging and Sails
- Aluminium Mast and Boom
- Retractable Spruce Bowsprit
- Standing Rigging Replaced 2009
- Stackpack Mainsail cover with lazyjacks
Rigged with the traditional Bermudan Cutter Rig the Crabber 24 is known to be an excellent sailing boat with sufficient sail area to keep her moving well even in light airs.
- Mainsail - Slab reefing. Cream dacron
- Staysail - 2005, Roller furling. Cream dacron
- Jib - 2012, Roller furling. Cream dacron
- Mainsail Cover - Stackpack type cover by Owen Sails (2016)
- Cockpit Cover
- Spray Dodgers
Ground Tackle and Mooring
- Main Anchor - 25lb plough type anchor on 30m chain rode
- Kedge Anchor - 15lb plough type anchor
- Anchor Windlass - Simpson Lawrence manual type.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Wind - TacTic MN30
- Plotter - Raymarine C80 with Navionics Gold Cartography
- Radar - Raytheon Pathfinder Series
- Autopilot - Autohelm ST200+
- VHF - Icom IC-M421 DSC
- 5 Berth Layout
- Removable Saloon Table
- Tilley Talisman 2 burner stove with grill
- Manually Pumped Fresh Water System
- Separate Heads Compartment
A cosy and traditional interior the Crabber 24 squeezes a lot into the limited space available. The settees running down either side of the accommodation space provide two good sized single berths with an additional raised berth forward providing a further two small berths, ideal for children. To port aft the cooker is located immediately forward of a compact separate heads compartment is appointed with sea toilet. The galley sink is located to starboard and a clever drop in panel creates additional worktop space while and also doubles as a nave table. A quarter berth runs aft on the starboard side providing a generous single berth.
- Bilge Pump - Whale Gusher
- Tender - Recent
- Boarding ladder - Stainless steel
- Perspex Washboards
- Fire Blanket
- Radar Reflector
- LED Masthead Nav Light
- Bosuns Chair
- Boat Hook
- Yanmar 2GM20 producing 18hp
- Located beneath companionway steps.
- Readily accessible with steps removed for servicing.
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.