- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 150,000 (US$ 167,730)
The Edge of Reason is as pedigreed a multihull as you can get. This is an Orma 60 trimaran, which at one time not long ago, was the fastest sailing class in the world. The boat was designed by the legendary Nigel Irens, and built by the equally legendary Multiplast yard in France. If you have ever wanted a boat that is beyond anything most of us can imagine, this is it. This boat is capable of 400-500 mile days. Think about that for a while!
Contact - Phillip Berman
The Multihull Company Philadelphia Office
Please contact Phillip Berman at 215-508-2704
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
- Originally built 1994 as "Haute Normandie", sponsor change 96 as "Chauss Europ", 98/9 "Groupe Andre". Built for and campaigned by Paul Vatine. winner of several transatlantic and offshore races. An early generation Orma 60 before they started to pare the weights to the point that they became too fragile
- Designer : Nigel Irens
- Builder : Multiplast, France.
- Auxiliary engine Vetus 45hp 4 cyl diesel ( new), Sillete Sonic leg
- 3 mtr rib with new 15hp Suzuki outboard
- Interior (for,d moving aft) gives One double cabin in main hull just aft of mast, port side passageway galley with separate toilet and shower to St,
- companionway up into central section of "bubble" which is a small sitting area (seat 6 max)
- Nav station with double berth cabin both port and st,d in bubble.
- This accommodation is what sets this boat apart from any other ex 60ft race boat, in general they don,t have accommodation at all but this one offers 3 X double cabins.
- Galley, a toilet, a shower and a mini saloon. All this construction was done in composite to minimize weight, overall principal architect for reconstruction Benoit Cabaret, with oversight from Nigel Irens and structural elements John Levell.
- Interior is all in Grey primer.
- Hull material Carbon Composite, all structural elements of reconstruction in Carbon, modifications in Epoxy Glass composite as this is more flexible therefore no "hard spots" created during reconstruction. (unsinkable)
- new "Boero"paint job 2012
- Hull LOA now @ 68ft due to ext aft
- Overall platform weight @ 4.5 tons, all up weight @ 6 tons.
- New Carbon rotating mini wing mast at 25.5 mtrs ( 1st reef point original rig)
- New Textile rig being currently manufactured, (12,000Eu to pay) Stockers on both fore stays.
- Some Ex Orma sails ( 2 X main, ! X trinket, carbon)
- This is a genuine 30 + knt sail boat that can still produce that hull speed with relative ease but has the advantage of additional comfort, support and security from original race configuration. Ultimate very high performance cruise or charter sail boat.
- Main sail track (mast) and Main sheet track (aft beam) and head sail sheet blocks (fore deck) still to buy and fit. ( have the cars and travelers in store)
- B + G wind instrumentation in store, (no Nav Pac / autopilot yet)
- There,s a 20ft container that,s full of equipment and tooling, all is included in the sale with the exception of the Harley Davidson motorbike and the sailing dinghy.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from The Multihull Company
Unknown, Virgin Islands (US)
Unknown, St. Maarten/St. Martin
Unknown, South Africa
Canet en Roussillon, France
Unknown, South Africa