- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- FL, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 579,000 Tax Paid
Corsair, a highly customized 1994 Bristol 57, is in excellent condition and very well equipped for liveaboard and bluewater passage making. Her rugged, newly painted, dark blue solid fiberglass hull has an eye pleasing classic sheerline and the flush deck and low profile center cockpit further enhance her exceptional style. The exquisite raised panel interior cabinetry is comparable with the finest high quality yachts. The spacious three stateroom arrangement features a large salon and galley, private aft master with ensuite head and separate shower, two guest cabins forward with guest head and shower. For those owners who may want to sail Corsair themselves, powered winches, sail furling and bow thrusters facilitate shorthanded cruising.
There are many design and construction features that make Corsair one of the finest performance cruising vessels built in the U.S. or overseas. Corsair's seakindly hull shape has a shoal draft (6' keel) providing access to harbors and anchorage not accessible to most sailing yachts over 50 feet. Corsair offers excellent performance on all points of sail with the board raised. Lowering the centerboard enhances windward performance.
Corsair has been very well maintained by captains since new and has benefited from exceptional owners that have spared no expense to keep her in top condition. Refits have included new teak decks, replacing machinery, repainting the hull and house, updated rigging, electronics, canvas and much more. In the fall of 2011 she completed her most recent refit at Great Island Boatyard, Harpswell, Maine, costing $200,000.
During the past 4 years she has crossed the Atlantic twice and cruised in New England, the Caribbean, Bahamas and two seasons in the Mediterranean.
Please contact George Eberhard at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Dieter Empacher
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 57 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 6 in
Total Power: 140 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3600
Engine Power: 140 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (196 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (280 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Below decks, Corsair is crafted of cherry wood with gloss varnish to the highest standards. Cabinetry is custom with handcrafted raised panel locker doors, inlaid holly detailing in the main cabin table and counters, marble countertops in the galley and heads and overall yacht quality detailing throughout. The yacht accommodates 7 owners and guests in 3 private staterooms plus the main salon. Headroom is exceptional, close to seven feet throughout, including showers.
Forward, the guest stateroom has large V-berths with a filler to convert to double or lower forming a seat, two full bureaus, two cedar lined hanging lockers and storage cabinets, plus additional drawer and cabinet storage port and starboard. There is a Rondal flush opening hatch to the foredeck, separate air conditioning control and private door access to the guest head and stall shower.
The second guest stateroom is arranged with over and under berths, the lower berth being a small double and the upper, pulling inboard to widen the berth. Large hull port outboard, as well as a flush Rondal hatch, opening to flush deck above. There is a vanity/night table with storage below, storage outboard in 3 shelf cabinets and a full hanging/storage locker forward. Directly across the passageway to port is a large day/guest head complete with stall shower, electric head, mirrors, vanity storage, and black marble counter tops with an under-mounted stainless steel basin.
The spacious main salon aft of the mast utilizes the full beam of Corsair. Two hull ports outboard to port and two to starboard add to the sense of openness and space and provide harbor views when relaxing and dining below. Additional light and ventilation is provided by two flush deck Rondal hatches and opening stainless steel portholes. To starboard is a full wrap around dinette surrounding a solid cherry wood table with a beautiful compass rose inlay of holly. Outboard to starboard is a flat screen TV set into the bulkhead and additional cabinet storage. On the centerline inboard of the dinette, is a dry bar/counter. To port is a full-length pull-out settee with storage behind the backrests and the full length bookshelf.
The large L shaped navigation station is aft of the salon to port at the base of the companionway with wide navigation desk and return counter. The nav station is surrounded by complete navigation and communication instrumentation, as well as the 12 volt and 24 volt DC/110 volt AC breaker panels. The custom pivoting navigation seat is very comfortable and turns to face the main salon. The navigation instrument panel folds down for easy access and maintenance. In addition, the nav station includes an impressive electrical control panel for the windlass, motor controls, sailing instruments, fuel and water gauges, and emergency alarm systems.
The passageway galley is starboard and aft of the companionway and provides a walk through aft to the owner's aft master stateroom. This configuration allows for a large galley with a wide inboard and outboard counters. That design provides security for cooking in any sailing condition and is extremely well appointed for a yacht this size. Countertops are marble which is truly an elegant detail. Galley equipment includes excellent refrigerator/freezer space with upper refrigeration access, lower access to the freezer compartment and an additional refrigeration below the countertop that has a top opening door. 2 Frigaboat 24 volt/110 volt refrigeration & freezer, 1 fridge and freezer Seafrost 24 volt. The stove is a 4-burner gas stove and oven, augmented by a convection microwave oven. Double stainless sinks are inboard with custom fixtures, soap dispenser, hand pump, etc. Also, there is a coffee maker set into the inboard bulkhead and plenty of cabinet and counter space. Large inboard opening portholes give light and access directly to the cockpit as well as additional outboard facing opening portholes in the deckhouse.
The owner's stateroom is aft and extends the full width of the yacht with exceptionally spacious single and double berths. The double to starboard and the single to port have a comfortable leather seat between. Two large hanging lockers are forward to starboard as well as one large hanging locker to port, full bureaus to port and starboard with 8 shelf lockers cabinet storage outboard. The ensuite owner's head is forward to port with a large stall shower plus foul weather locker with storage behind, full length mirror, electric head, marble vanity top and custom under mounted sink with custom fixtures.
The décor below decks is elegant and beautifully appointed throughout. Upholstery is updated ultra suede in the salon with protective covers for several high wear areas. All of the mattresses are extra thick, covered in ultra suede. All bunks have new lee cloths for heavy weather sailing. The gloss varnish woodwork is complemented by a bright varnished teak and holly sole. It is important to note that although the yacht is laid out to be extremely comfortable and beautifully appointed, she has also been created with sound seamanship in mind. The starboard guest cabin near the mast is ideal offshore. The engine and generator compartments have removable panels on all sides for access and maintenance and are insulated underneath, on top and on all four sides. The entire sole is removable with floorboard lockdowns for rough conditions. The galley and nav station are also well designed for offshore work.
- Passageway design preferred for sailing offshore
- Generous marble counter space
- Double stainless steel sink
- Force 10 4-burner stainless stove with oven and broiler
- Black & Decker toaster oven
- Sharp microwave, convection steam oven, 2012
- Bosch Tassimo Expresso coffee machine
- New refrigeration 24V DC OR 115V AC without circulating water pumps
- Three refrigerators, each can be adjusted as a refrigerator or freezer
- All refrigeration boxes were redesigned and modernized with stainless steel and the systems updated in 2003
- Trash compartment
- Fusion 3 zone stereo DVD IPod wired for XM
- Panasonic flat screen TV (salon) with surround sound, Bose speakers.
- 12 volt DC, 24 volt DC/110 volt AC service
- Fischer Panda 8 kw generator, new 2009.
- AC & DC Bass electric breaker panel,
- 40 DC breakers
- 20 AC breakers
- DC volt gauges
- DC amp gauges
- 1 AC amp gauge
- 110 volt breakers include 5 double breakers and 6 single breakers (main panel)
- 8 single breaker AC power sub panel in locker adjacent to nav station
- Heart 3500 inverter and monitor
- New engine AGM starter battery
- Generator AGM starter battery
- 8 Gel cell house batteries in two banks
- Parallel solenoid switches to connect engine and generator batteries to house bank
- All batteries are securely fastened down for offshore sailing
- The main engine has two alternators. 135 amp for the 24-volt house bank and a separate alternator for the engine starting battery
- Battery charger operated on 110 volt shore power or generator
- 12-volt plugs at nav center
- 110 volt outlets in every cabin (ground fault in heads)
- Courtesy lights
- All cabins have LED red or white lights.
- Vertical LED lights on mast from both sets of spreaders
- Two separate shore power inlets and cords
Flush mounted instruments over nav table
- L-shaped navigation center with flush mounted electrical consoles and very comfortable navigation chair
- Garmin 48 mile HD radar- 2 4212 plotters; 1 5212 plotter
- Simrad Robertson autopilot (with navigation and cockpit control panel). A second back up pump was added 2003
- Autopilot system has a back up hydraulic pump
- Spare autopilot computer on board (requires installation)
- Upper autopilot has remote (cockpit)
- ICOM 802 SSB & Tuner - New 2014
- Inmirsnt phone with sailor antenna
- ICOM IC M504
- Ram ICOM VHF with hailing system and horn
- Furuno RD30 wind speed & direction
- Raymarine depth display (below and cockpit)
- Raymarine multi display (below and cockpit)
- Pactor 3 modem offshore email, sailmail system GRIB files
- HP Envy fax/printer/scanner
- 12 volt plug
- Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor
- Heart Interface battery monitor
- Weems & Plath clock and barometer on bulkhead
- Windlass master switch
- Harken furler switch
- Heart Tank Tender gauge (fuel and water)
- Bilge pump counter and bilge pump indicator lights in cockpit to notify crew when pumps come on.
Engine & Mechanical
- Yanmar 140 hp turbo diesel, new 2009 (approx 3600 hrs)
- Max prop whisper prop 5 blade - new 2014 2 $7000
- 24v Westmar dual prop bow thruster model DPC12E-10, with stainless stetel guards
- Easy access dual racor fuel filters accessed through aft shower engine room door
- Spare Balmar alternator and voltage regulator (installation required)
- Gray water tank (sink/showers) with level indicator
- Five fuel tanks (new) (57 gal, two 49 gal, 60 gal, 65 gal) 280 gallons total
- Four stainless water tanks total 196 gallons
- Spectra Newport Mark II (2010) 700 gpd watermaker - totally automatic with auto back flushing
- 3 Marine Air AC systems with digital controls (salon/nav/galley, guest cabins, & master cabin)
- Electric manual fresh water heads with y-valve for direct discharge or to holding tanks. Both holding tanks have electric macerator pump outs
- Auto fire extinguisher on engine room
- Oil charge pump for engine and generator
- Aqualarm systems monitor for bilge, oil pressure, flow pressure temperature and fire
- Fiberglass sandwich deck construction, cabin and cockpit repainted (2011) with white Awlgrip
- Teak decks (new Spring 2011)
- LED deck lights
- Varnished teak toerail
- Newly Awlgrip painted mahogany rubrail with stainless oval
- Ideal vertical windlass with chain and rope gypsy, switches & hand operated
- Anchor platform with double s/s anchor rollers
- 60 lb stainless CQR with 300' chain & rode
- LED lighting on aft deck on both antenna pedestals
- Fresh water wash down aft
- Saltwater wash down forward
- 6 custom flush Rondal hatches
- 3 flush deck hatches for storage areas with Rondal hardware
- Polished stainless steel stanchions, pulpits & 8 custom dorades
- Six fixed hull ports
- 10 s/s opening ports
- 6 flush prisms
- Screens for all hatches
- Extra large sail locker area forward with deck access
- Very large lazarette with access through two flush deck hatches aft
- Cockpit dining table with two opening leaves
- Custom davit for outboard motor
- Boarding ladder
- Side swim ladder
- Large deck box
- New passerelle, (2012)
- 9.5' Achilles hard bottom rib with 9.9 Mercury 4 cycle
- Hand laid solid fiberglass hull construction with alternating layers of fiberglass matte and roving
- Flag blue Awlgrip hull paint with gold cove stripe and double white boot top and red bottom - Nov. 2011
- Centerboard design with 6' draft (board up) and 11'5" (board down). Board raised with winch inside cockpit, which was removed, checked and rebuilt in 2011
- Marlon through hull fittings throughout
- Under water light above rudder and propeller
- All exterior canvas new 2014
- Full set of cockpit cushions 2011
- Companionway dodger by Artful Canvas 2014
- Full cockpit bimini by Artful Canvas 2013
- All dorade, binnacle, wheel and winch covers, life raft cover and flag pole cover 2011
- Wheel releathered in 2011
Sails & Rigging
- Hood carbon Stoway mast (updated motor), repainted at Florida Rigging, 2011
- All new wiring 2014
- Complete new rod rigging 2005
- Inmast roller furling, fully serviced 2011
- Stoway main sail
- 135%North Triradial New 2013
- Storm jib (2011)
- Storm trysail (2011)
- Trysail track on mast (2002)
- Vertical LED lights on mast from both sets of spreaders
All winches are Lewmar and were fully serviced, with the windlass, in 2011
- Two 66 CST electric primary winches
- One 58 CST electric outhaul winch
- One 58 CST mainsheet winch
- Two secondary 58 CST winches
- Three 48 CST winches on mast
- One 44 CST winch on mast
- One 40 CST winch
- New flag pole
- Centerboard lift winch rebuilt with new cogs 2011
- Winslow 8-person Type A life raft with canister mounted in S/S rack, serviced 2014
- MOB module
- 3 sets of harnesses
- 2 horseshoe life rings
- 10 life jackets
- Coast Guard safety equipment including flares, bell and air horns (complete USCG compliance)
- Auto fire extinguisher for engine room
- High water alarm at nav station
- Galley refrigeration replaced with 2 new Frigaboat systems, one for the refrigerator, one for the freezer, operate on 24 volt or 110 volt, with keel coolers, no longer requiring raw water pump.
- Anchor Windlass rebuilt
- August, Refinish all outside varnish with 10 coats of Varnish.
- Sand blast removal of all bottom paint, replace with 4 coats of epoxy barrier coat and spray paint three coats of Seahawk red bottom paint.
- Install new Icom 802 SSB with tuner.
- Install new 2500 watt full sine wave inverter/charger
- Replace two 8DAGM batteries under main salon table
- Replace prop with a 5 blade feathering whisper prop from PYI
- Install Caprea LED flood lights, 4 on aft antenna pedestals, 4 vertical on mast spreaders, 3 downward on mast for deck lights. Add two underwater lights to illuminate prop and rudder.
- Rebuild water maker including replacement of membrane in upper tube.
- Remove Rudder, install new custom bronze quadrant, rebuild stuffing box
- Install bilge pump indicator lights in cockpit and bilge counter at nav. station
- Recertify Winslow model 80SLOP 8 man life raft.
- Rebuild Auqa Drive and replace Cutlass Bearing on main shaft
- Add the following Garmin units: 48 mile HD radar, 1 Garmin 6212 plotter at helm, 1 4212 unit at companionway, 1 4212 at Nav Station, Garmin GXM51 XM radio and Satellite weather receiver, Garmin Class 600 AIS transceiver, Garmin GSD22 depth sounder.
- New bimini and dodger from Artful canvas of St. Petersburg
- KVH M3 Satellite TV system with Direct TV. TV units installed in main salon and aft cabin.
- Install Inmarsat satellite data and phone system
- LED dome lights installed throughout interior cabins.
- Replace two 8D AGM batteries in forward cabin.
- New main sail and 135 % jib from North Sails, both serviced in June 2015
Highlights of 2011 Refit
- Decks: New teak decks
- Rigging: New sheets and halyards
- Sails: New storm jib and storm trysail
- Winches: Fully serviced
- Paint: Hull and cabin house repainted
- Hatches: Refurbished
- Bottom: Repainted
- Entertainment system: Upgrades
- Canvas: New dodger, Bimini, cockpit cushions
- Sharp microwave convection oven
Highlights of earlier upgrades:
- 2009 New 140 hp Yanmar turbo
- 2009 New Fischer Panda 8 kw generator
- 2010 New Spectra MKII watermaker
- 2005 New rod rigging
- 2005 New transformer
- 2005 New Maxprop
Corsair is a very attractive, high quality, shoal draft, custom Dieter Empacher design built by Bristol Yachts that is in excellent condition. Her low profile, classic sheer line, and flush deck design are a standout wherever she cruises. No expense was spared when the yacht was built at one of New England's finest building facilities. Subsequent owners have made the ongoing investment to properly maintain and update Corsair. Only during a personal inspection, can one fully appreciate the elegant raised panel cherry interior woodwork, spacious 3 stateroom arrangement, comfortable cockpit and open decks. Mainsail and genoa furling and powered winches facilitate shorthanded sailing. Corsair has been captained maintained since new and is fully commissioned and equipped for offshore cruising.
2009 Achillies 9ft. hard bottom rib in excellent condition with 9.9 hp Mercury 4 cycle engine just serviced.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
St Simons Is., GA, United States
62 Deck Salon
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States
Palm Beach, FL, United States
Unknown, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States