- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Seattle, WA
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 299,000
Conceived as a true performance cruiser and ready for adventure. Designed by Tom Wylie as a cruising boat that just happened to sail fast and built by Schooner Creek Boat Works in Portland, Oregon. RAGE (All That Is New “It’s The Rage”) is a legendary West Coast performer. Rage is easily handled by a couple or small crew. In 1994, RAGE broke the Pacific Cup record set by Bill Lee's MERLIN by four hours. In 1996, she again set a new course record of 7 days, 22 hours and 1 minute. Up and down the coast and across the Pacific. Her best time to Hawaii was 6 days and 19 hours, RAGE has proven herself to be the ultimate lightweight performer and cruiser.
In 2007, she was completely refitted by Schooner Creek Boat Works. The extensive refit included new interior and exterior paint and varnish, new Lewmar Ocean Series hatches and portlights, Magnum inverter/charger, new batteries, Balmar alternator, and the addition of cruising comforts including an upgraded interior and galley, pressure hot/cold water, Waeco refrigeration, Webasto hydronic heat system, 120v AC system, and flat screen television.
In 2012 Rage had her sail inventory replaced with New Doyle performance cruising sails, the main sail area and hull draft were reduced and she was outfitted with new gear and equipment including an electric windless and anchor locker, electric main halyard winch, a stack pack and lazy jacks for ease of sail handling as well as all new Garmin electronics, auto pilot and wind generator.
Rage has just completed a round trip cruise toTahitiand is ready to go again.
Bring your seabag and step aboard Rage for the cruise of a lifetime.
Please contact Swiftsure Yachts at (206)378-1110
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Schooner Creek Boat Works
Designer: Tom Wylie
LOA: 70 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 65 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 1 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Ballast: 9650 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 80 ft 0 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Engine Model: M-50
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (95 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Finished in white painted surfaces and varnished butternut and Honduran mahogany, with a varnished teak and holly cabin sole, RAGE’S interior is bright and spacious. Large overhead hatches and portlights allow excellent light and ventilation and well placed interior lighting illuminates the cabin at night. Her interior arrangement is finely conceived for long distance offshore cruising or racing and will comfortably sleep a full crew in two quarterberths, salon settees and pilot berths, and a master cabin queen berth.
Starting forward is the master stateroom. There is a queen berth to port with a shelf above on the hull side. To starboard is an L-shaped settee with shelf above along the hull side. At the aft end of the settee is a small counter with two drawers below. Forward of the stateroom is a sail locker with ample room for water toys and bicycles when cruising.
The head is just aft of the forward stateroom. A counter runs along the forward bulkhead. There is a mirror above and a locker below. The head is located on the outboard side of the compartment. There is a hanging locker located across the forward passageway to starboard. The head has pressure hot and cold water as well as a hand held shower.
The spacious main salon is located just aft. Handrails run the length of the cabin to port and starboard. The cabin sides are trimmed with varnished mahogany veneer and there are two elongated portlights on each side of the salon. To starboard is a straight settee with a pilot berth above and outboard. Forward of the settee there is a side table with drawers below and storage locker above. To port is an L-shaped settee with pilot berth above and outboard. Additional storage is available forward in a matching side table and locker. At the centerline, there is a beautifully varnished drop leaf table. Just forward on the bulkhead is a shallow cabinet with storage for bottles and glasses. There is a flat panel television mounted on the bulkhead above.
The outboard facing nav station is aft and to starboard of the main salon. The wide, L-shaped table is perfect for spreading out admiralty charts and features storage below the hinged lifting top and two drawers and a hinged locker forward and to port. Outboard above the table, the AC/DC panel, SSB and VHF radios, stereo receiver, radar, GPS and computer monitor are within close reach of the navigator's seat.
Across the salon to port is the well conceived L-shaped galley. A two-bin under counter stainless sink is located at the forward, inboard end of the counter. Pressure hot/cold water and manual raw and fresh foot pumps are available. Below the sink there is a large locker and access to plumbing. Above the counter there are two smaller lockers that provide excellent storage space. Outboard of the sink is the top loading refrigerator compartment. Just aft is the stainless steel gimbaled stove and oven. There is storage in a bank of drawers under the countertop aft of the stove. Outboard of the sink, there is excellent storage for dishes and dry goods on two divided shelves running fore and aft along the hull side above the galley counter.
Twin quarter berths are aft and to port and starboard of the companionway stairs. There is a shelf above and aft along the hull side and excellent storage below the berths. Reading lights are located over the forward end of both berths. Aft of the quarter berths are two hanging lockers.
Electronics & Navigation
As part of a 2012 refit Rage benefited from a new Garmin Radar Chart plotter, new set of Garmin Sailing Instruments and also had a Garmin GHP 12 Autopilot with class-A drive installed.
- Garmin GMI 10 instrument displays (5)
- Garmin GHP 12 Autopilot system with class-A drive.
- Garmin GWS 10 wind sensor
- Garmin wireless Autopilot remote
- Garmin GPSMap 5212 chart plotter with US costal and Polynesia PC019R charts
- Garmin AIS 600 Transceiver
- Airmar DST800 Smart TRIDUCER multisensor (depth,speed,temp)
- Garmin GMR 18 HD Radar
- Apelco VXL 9500 VHF radio
- ICOM IC-M700 transceiver
- ICOM AT-120 automatic antenna tuner
- PC computer with flat screen running Nobeltec Trident Time Zero
- Nobeltec USB-NMEA 2000 Gateway
- HP DeskJet inkjet printer (specially configured)
- Jensen VM9312 AM/FM/CD/DVD/IPod multimedia receiver with (4) speakers
- Watrous 4" brass ship's clock and barometer
- (2) Ritchie Power damp 3 3/4" compasses
- Samsung flat screen TV
- 1 Ritchie Power Damp 5" Compass
- ACR Globalfix EPIRB
- Completely rewired (2007)
- Balmar high output alternator (2010)
- Magnum 2000 watt inverter (2007)
- AC electrical system (2007)
- (4) Group 31 batteries for house bank (2012)
- (1) Group 27 starting battery
- alternator voltage regulator
- Ample Technology Eliminator battery combiner
- Ample Technology 124~106 amp alternator
- New grounding plate (2007)
- Sunforce 400 watt wind generator (2012)
- Universal M-50 4-cylinder diesel engine (rebuilt 2007)
- New engine room sound insulation (2007)
- Martec 2-blade folding propeller
- Single lever throttle/shift lever
- Hot and cold pressure water system (2007)
- Katadyn 80E watermaker (2012)
- Waeco DC refrigeration (2007)
- Webasto ThermoTop CD diesel boiler/heater with heat exchangers
- Seaward two-burner propane stove/oven
- (2) Guzzler manual bilge pumps (one in cockpit)
- Edson steering system with 66" wheel or tiller.
- Garmin under deck auto pilot with remote
Deck & Hull
RAGE'S hull is a (WEST System) composite construction (from inside out) of laminated layers of 1/8" Sitka spruce, 1/8" western red cedar, 1" Klegecell R75 foam, 1/8" western red cedar, 1/8" Sitka spruce and fiberglass cloth bonded with epoxy. The hull is reinforced with carbon fiber cloth on the centerline. Bulkheads are fiberglassed to the hull and to six 1 1/4" by 2 1/4" Sitka spruce stringers. Her deck and cabin are constructed of as a sandwich of epoxy and birch plywood and fiberglass over Klegecell R55 foam. Her rudder is fiberglass over foam core with a 4 1/4" carbon fiber rudder post. The keel is a welded steel foil with a lead bulb encapsulated in fiberglass and epoxy the keel floor timbers are of stainless steel.
- New Awlgrip paint on hull and deck (2007)
- Keel removed and faired (2010)
- New VC-17 bottom paint (April 2013)
- New Lewmar hatches (2007)
- New portlights (2007)
- (2) Lewmar #550 Custom 3-speed winches
- (1) Lewmar #550 3-speed self tailing winches
- (2) Lewmar #48 2-speed self tailing winches one with electric drive (2012).
- (2) Lewmar #7 single speed winches
- Lewmar V4 anchor windless
- (1) 25# CQR anchor with 3/8" chain and 1/2" nylon rode
- (1) 25# Danforth type anchor with 5/16" chain and 1/2" nylon rode stored in bag
Sails & Rigging
In 2012 Rage had her sail inventory replaced with New Doyle Performance cruising sails incorperating carbon fiber and poly taffetas for increased strength and durability. A Harken Battcar mast track system and Doyle stack pack were also added. With the electric halyard winch the sail systems are simple and easy to use.
- Circular section carbon fiber rig with swept back spreaders
- Stainless rod and wire rigging with Navtec turnbuckles
- Carbon fiber/plywood boom
- Harken 4:1 mainsheet
- Harken 6:1 mainsheet traveler
- Harken Battcar mast track system for full batten main (2012)
- Harken below deck jib roller furler
- Rigid boom vang
- Mainsail (Dacron/Carbon, full batten) - Doyle (2012 New)
- 116% jib (Dacron/Carbon vertical battens) – Doyle (2012 New)
- 85% jib (Dacron/Carbon vertical battens) – Doyle (2012 New)
- Storm jib (Dacron) - Sobstad 2000 - excellent
- 1.5 oz fractional asymmetric spinnaker (nylon) - Sobstad 1993 - serviceable
- .75 oz masthead asymmetric spinnaker (nylon) - Doyle 2000 - excellent
- 2.1 oz fractional asymmetric spinnaker (nylon) – Doyle 2000 – excellent
- .75 oz masthead asymmetrical spinnaker (nylon) – Doyle (2012 New)
- 1.5 oz masthead asymmetrical spinnaker (nylon) – Doyle (2012 New)
- Forespar WL-1 floating strobe light
- Ditch bag with flares
- Lifesling Overboard Rescue System
- Jim Buoy 920 horseshoe
- 8 Type 1 PFDs
- 3 Fire Extinguishers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Swiftsure Yachts
Unknown, United States
Bellingham, WA, United States
Townsend Bay Marine
Seattle, WA, United States
Seattle, WA, United States
Seattle, WA, United States
Berkeley, CA, United States