- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 59,950 Tax Paid (US$ 80,525)
The much sought after Starlight 39 is often referred to as the ultimate performance cruising yacht.
Her sleek lines and distinctive styling make her one of the most handsome boats afloat.
This example is the high bridgedeck version with wing keel and in 2012 she benefitted from a re-fit involving:
New Beta 35 engine and gearbox, New 2 blade folding prop, New Sanders sails and stackpack, New Lewmar steering pedestal, New curtains and New aft cabin upholstery
With her recent sails and engine ( less than 200 hours) she is great value and a superb opportunity to own one of these iconic cruisers.
Please contact MS&P Hamble at +44 (0)23 8045 5714
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 12 ft 1 in
Beam: 3 ft 10 in
LWL: 9 ft 7 in
Length on Deck: 11 ft 11 in
Minimum Draft: 1 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 1 ft 7 in
Displacement: 7500 kgs
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Beta
Engine Model: 35
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 196
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 35 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (263 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (182 Liters)
Starlight 39 Yacht... as described by Mike Lucas
The ultimate performance cruising yacht... this is an accolade, which has been bestowed upon the Starlight 39 by press and public alike. Here is a yacht, which exudes power and whose sleek lines and distinctive styling make her one of the most handsome boats afloat. Launched in 1990 as the first of the new generation of Sadlers, the 39 instantly received wide acclaim, representing as she did a major step forward in the design and construction of performance offshore cruisers.
This is a yacht, which effortlessly swallows mile after mile, which shrinks oceans and covers the ground more quickly and comfortably than most yachtsmen ever thought possible.
Under sail, her powerful hull lines and efficient rig, combine with a choice of fin or the exceptional wing keel, to give her the feel and smoothness of motion of a much larger yacht.
Under power, she handles like a smaller yacht, displaying outstanding manoeuvrability, complete predictability and total obedience.
The Starlight 39’s seaworthiness and ease of handling on a long passage were subjected to a stringent test early on, when the owners of the first boat successfully completed the gruelling 1990 two-handed trans-Atlantic race from Plymouth to Newport, USA. A third of the fleet was forced to retire, but the husband and wife team of Hugh and Angela Farrant survived the continuous onslaught of gales and "Spring Gold" became one of the few production boats to finish.
This Starlight 39 completed the return crossing soon afterwards, clocking up a regular 200 miles per day, with the spinnaker firmly stowed in its bag!
On a more local scale, one boat on passage to the East Coast of England found herself off Brighton, within seven hours of leaving Poole – a distance of 80 miles! Only plain sail was flown and the cruising owner was not trying to break any records, though he did admit to rather enjoying surfing at sixteen knots down the front of waves with the boat under perfect control!
The standard specification was comprehensive, allowing the boat to be put in the water and sailed away with a minimum of additions. Self tailing winches all round, fully battened mainsail with lazyjacks, and roller furling genoa all came as part of the standard package. This enables the power of this highly efficient rig to be easily controlled by just one or two people, without the need for additional equipment.
The majority of Starlights were however delivered exactly as they were originally designed - this is a boat whose design is difficult to improve upon.
The Starlight 39 has proven once and for all that a cruising yacht can be fast, and that a fast yacht can be comfortable and easily handled. When all these qualities are blend together in one craft, which also displays a level of design flair and build quality second-to-none, is there really a need to look any further?
Lucky is the owner of a Starlight 39.
FORECABIN: Twin/Double berth.
DOUBLE AFT CABIN: To starboard (with lee cloths).
SALOON: Settees in saloon, (with lee cloths) plus small pilot berth suitable for a child.
TOTAL NUMBER OF BERTHS: 7
HEADS: One forward with wash basin, one aft with wash basin and shower.
GALLEY AND GALLEY EQUIPMENT:
- Nelson 1500 stove with 2 burners, grill and oven in good condition.
- Hot water immersion heater (230v)
- Crockery, cutlery and utensils
Rig & Sails
- Fully battened mainsail on Ronstan cars.
- Three reefing points.
- Stackpack and lazy jacks.
- Furling genoa 125% with foam luff and UV protection strip.
- All new from Sanders Sails in 2012
- Spinnaker in good condition, in celestine colours with gold stars., New sheets and guys, 2013.
- Storm Jib (unused or tested)
RIGGING AND SPARS:
- Original Selden mast & boom.
- Spinnaker pole, and jockey pole.
- Furlex headsail furling system.
- Hydraulic adjustable back stay.
- Spare Genoa halyard.
WINCHES AND DECK EQUIPMENT:
- All Lewmar, regularly maintained.
- ST50 Primaries for genoa sheets
- ST40 one each side of coachroof for halyards, reefing and spinnaker pole lines.
- 32 secondaries, non self tailing, one each side of cockpit for spinnaker.
GROUND TACKLE AND WINDLASS:
- 15kg CQR,
- 40m chain,
- Lofrans electric windlass with deck mounted push buttons and remote control in cockpit.
Engine and Stern gear
FOLDING PROP/ ROPE CUTTER:
- Darglow Flexifold 2-blade propeller new 2012.
- Ambassador rope cutter.
- BETA 35 hp
- Engine compartment soundproofed with 32mm Maritex
Electrics & Electronics
- Fully interconnected set of Raymarine ST60s;
- Wind, Speed and Depth over companionway
- Multi repeater at chart table Multi repeater at helm
- Autopilot control at helm
- Autohelm Linear drive in aft lazarette
- Standard Horizon CP300 at chart table, interfaced to instruments and VHF
- Furuno CP31 GPS as resilient standalone unit, can be connected to instruments
- Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF at chart table, with RAM in cockpit. New 2014.
- Comar AIS, with NMEA output to VHF and chart plotter, plus USB cable for PC (not included)
- Furuno Radar, original unit in full working condition.
ENTERTAINMENT/CD AND RADIO:
- Alpine stereo radio,
- Ipod connection.
- Speakers in cockpit.
- Dedicated 70Ah 640CCA engine battery (2012)
- Three 105Ah domestic batteries (2014)
- Merlin SmartBank Advance battery management system fitted in 2012 Battery charger.
- Mains outlets in saloon.
- McMurdo 406 Manual EPIRB , battery renewal May 2017.
- Jonbuoy inflatable recovery sling on pulpit
- Horseshoe buoy and mounting bracket
- Mikuni heating with outlets in heads, aft cabin and saloon
- Built in 230v tube heaters
- Mooring warps 6
- Cockpit table
- Fire extinguishers and fire blanket
- Four scatter cushions
- Spare upholstery cover material
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.