- View Full Specifications
Superb little sailer
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Woolverstone, Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 21,750 Tax Paid (US$ 26,613)
UK boats for sale. For Sale Norfolk Gypsy 20. Lifting keel with road trailer. Combines heavy construction with internal ballast. Considerable use of traditional brass, bronze and galvanised steel fittings, hardwood for exterior trim, oak and teak for interior trim..New unused chemical toilet. Spruce spars combine together with the use of best quality resins, glass fibre and gelcoat (all hand laid) to produce a low maintenance and rugged seaworthy traditional style yacht. Replacement tiller on order Jan 2016. Ashore here.
Boat Sales, Servicing, Accessories, Repairs and Boat Management.” The One Stop Shop for ALL Your Boating Needs.”
call us on +44 (0)1473 780286 - www.preciousmarine.co.uk Graham Knight sales.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Neil Thompson Boats
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 24 ft 0 in
Beam: 7 ft 7 in
LWL: 17 ft 9 in
Length on Deck: 19 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 1 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 1430 kgs Dry Load
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2012
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 10 HP
Fuel Tanks: 1 (40 Liters)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
- Port and starboard settee berths
- Opening port holes
- 12v electric lights
- Saloon table
- Porta-potti chemical wc
- Situated aft saloon on p/side
- Cooker 2 burner gas hob and grill
- Hand pump water tap from bottle supply
- Dedicated storage
- Situated aft saloon on s/side
- Bulkhead compass
- Windex to mast head.
- Nav lights
- Masthead light
Hull, Deck, Safety & Canvas
- White GRP hull with long shallow centre keel and lifting plate.
- Transom hung rudder with tiller steering.(Tiller to be replaced Jan 2016)
- Centerboard (new cable 2014)
- Cream GRP decks, superstructure and built-in buoyancy.
- Teak rubbing strake,
- handrails and cockpit slatted seats.
- Ash and teak internal joinery.
- Varnished hardwood rubbing strake.
- Anchor and chain
- Deep cockpit
- Cockpit lockers
- Boom 'X' support
- Cockpit tonneau cover (see photos)
- Boom tent (see photos)
- Sail cover
Rigging & Sails
- Gunter Rig
- Spruce bowsprit and spars.
- Lowerable mast for traveling by road on trailer
- Mainsail: slab
- Foresail Furling (new UV strip 2013)
All sails are more than serviceable
The Norfolk Gypsy is a 20′ gunter rigged yacht. Considerable use of traditional brass, bronze and galvanised steel fittings, hardwood for exterior trim, oak and teak for interior trim and spruce spars combine together with the use of best quality resins, glass fibre and gelcoat (all hand laid) to produce a very low maintenance and immensely seaworthy yacht. She is equally suitable for exploring shallow tidal estuaries as for longer coastal passages in testing conditions. Her shallow draught and bilge runners also enable the boat to be beached without excessive heel.
To ensure stability, the Norfolk Gypsy combines heavy construction with internal ballast and a firm turn of the bilge. The modest high peaked gaff (gunter) rig has been designed to give excellent performance in both light airs and stronger winds and is easily handled in rough weather. The simple slab reefing system for the mainsail and the roller reefing system for the genoa provides fast and efficient reefing. The mainsail has been carefully cut to maximise windward performance. The Norfolk Gypsy can also be sailed on either mainsail or jib alone.
The centreboard is lowered and raised with a very high purchase drum winch – the control rope being led into the cockpit for ease of handling by the helmsman.
All deck surfaces have a moulded non-slip surface for safe working and the cabin top is fitted with ‘Treadmaster’ non-slip material. The forward deck has been lowered to provide a safe working area when handling the anchor. In this area there is a substantial wooden Sampson post for mooring.
The cabin employs a conventional V-berth layout with the galley and WC aft., close to the main hatch. The deckhead of the cabin is constructed in balsa sandwich GRP. The cabin interior is fitted out in oak and teak with a white fibreglass cabin liner which incorporates the berths, galley, lockers etc. There are 6 brass port lights at eye height providing light and vision to both sides of the cabin and forward. The two forward port lights are opening to provide excellent ventilation throughout the cabin.
A Yanmar 10 HP diesel, installed beneath the bridge deck, access to the inboard engine is under the hinged step over the engine with space for maintenance when required.
The boat has been designed specifically to be trailable and is very easy to launch and recover.
Manufacturers Standard Specification
All Norfolk Gypsys come with the following:
- Heavy duty hand laid hull & deck in GRP.
- Varnished spruce spars
- Stainless steel standing rigging.
- Best quality pre-stretched polyester running rigging
- Heavy duty tan terylene mainsail and jib
- Slab reefing on mainsail
- Roller reefing on jib
- Morse single lever gear/throttle control
- Inboard engine installation flexibly mounted ensuring smooth & quiet running
- 6 brass portholes
- Lowered foredeck well (safe anchor handling)
- Sampson post
- Two mooring cleats on aft deck
- Bronze fairleads on foredeck
- Adjustable jib tracks
- Galvanised tabernacle (easy mast lowering)
- Non slip surfaces on all deck surfaces
- Fixed bilge pump
- Hardwood rubbing strakes, cockpit grating, bridge deck, grab rails and external trim.
- Oak tiller
- Built-in buoyancy
- 2 adult berths in cabin (with cushions)
- 4 x 2 gallon water containers
- Large stowage lockers & shelves in cabin
- Wet oilskin and boot stowage
- Galvanised centreboard with winch
- Spacious cockpit lockers (sealed lids)
- Cockpit seats drain outboard
- Bronze stem head roller & bowsprit cap
- Sacrificial anodes fitted to protect propeller/shaft and keel skeg
- Sheet horse & mainsheet jamming block
- Owners Manual & sketches covering
- Engine last serviced 2014
- Last survey was over 5 years ago
- Single axle break-back trailer
- Trailer has only been used for short distances and winter storage
- Owner has not used the trailer to launch
Precious Marine offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory.
Other Boats from Precious Marine
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Woolverstone, Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Ipswich, Woolverstone Marina, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Ipswich, Woolverstone, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Shotley, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom