- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Northeast Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 237,500
- Sale Pending
SERENDIPITY is the first hull of the Ocean Series 44/46 line and was awarded the BRISTOL AWARD for overall excellence in design and construction by Cruising World magazine. She has a functional two stateroom, one head layout and is for sale from her second owner. This is a serious world-cruising capable yacht built by one of the world-renowned sailboat builders. She is a fantastic option for those who don't want to worry about whether their boat is up to the challenge! She is inside heated storage at Morris Yachts Service in Northeast Harbor Maine and and easy to show.
PRICE REDUCED -- A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THE COMING SEASON!
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 44 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 9 in
LWL: 34 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 23500 lbs
Ballast: 8280 lbs
Total Power: 63 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1993
Engine Model: 63B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 63 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (28 Gallons)
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- Solid laminate hull of quadaxiel E-glass using Reichold Hydrex Vinylester resin.
- All bulkheads glassed to hull.
- Reinforced mast step, engine beds, chainplate gussets,
- Deck is cored e-glass using vinylester resin.
- Solid fiberglass at genoa tracks, stanchion bases, hatches, and other deck penetrations.
- White gelcoat decks with light tan non-skid.
- Deck is bonded to hull shelf with 5200 and thru-bolted every 8" with toe rail fastening staggered but also at 8" centers giving mechanical fasteners every 4".
- Paine/Morris high performance shoal draft keel externally fastened with 14 keelbolts.
- Skeg hung balanced rudder (built over closed cell foam using vinylester resin.
- Stainless steel rudder post.
- Awlgripped Flag Blue hull with single white boot stripe.
- Teak rubrail with stainless steel 1/2 oval.
- Stainless steel bow rail, lifeline stanchions, and stern rail.
- Stern rail was customized to include edson outboard motor bracket and a Motormate crane.
- Double stainless steel wire lifelines port and starboard with opening gates amidships.
- Three piece stainless boarding ladder mounts at port or starboard gate.
- Stainless chocks and cleats for docking lines at bow, stern, and amidships port and starboard.
- Double stainless steel anchor roller.
- Opening hatches for forward lazzerette, forward cabin, main cabin areas, head and aft sleeping cabin.
- Three stainless dorade vents with stainless guards provide ventilation to forward cabin, forward head, and main cabin areas.
- Stainless deck fills for water, waste, and fuel.
- Varnished teak caprails, coaming caps, teak cockpit table and drink holder, and teak dorade boxes.
- Cockpit sole is hand laid teak.
Interior Finish & Layout
- Interior is classic Herreshoff finish trimmed in mahogany with many custom joinery details.
- High gloss varnish.
- All doors are finely detailed with raised panels and rounded corners.
- The cabin sole is teak and holly.
- Centerline double berth aft of a watertight bulkhead.
- Vanity with sink and H/C water and storage outboard.
- Hanging locker.
- Sliding storage outboard of berth.
- Reading lights.
- (4) drawers.
- (2) dropfronts.
- Ventilation from 4 opening portlights, overhead hatch, and fan.
- The main salon has a U-shaped dinette to port with a large varnished fixed table (with 2 leaves and storage within) and a settee to starboard, upholstered in blue leather.
- Excellent storage outboard and behind the seatbacks.
- Bookshelves port and starboard with fiddles and removable bars.
- Ventilation from 2 overhead hatches, five opening port lights, and 2 dorade vents.
- Located aft of the main salon to starboard.
- Forward facing.
- Chart table.
- Electrical panel outboard.
- Opposite is the galley.
- Twin stainless sinks.
- Refrigerator and separate freezer.
- Four-burner Broadwater propane stove with oven
- Ample storage.
- Aft of the galley is the aft stateroom with a double berth with v-insert.
- Hanging locker.
- Dresser with fiddled top, cupboard, 3 drawers and drop front locker.
- Custom stowage for charts and small gear.
- Ventilation from opening portlight, small opening overhead hatch, and fan.
- Full length mirror behind door.
- Located to starboard of the companionway.
- Separate stall shower with opening portlight and overhead hatch for ventilation.
- Hanging foul weather gear locker.
- Sink with storage outboard.
- Corian countertop.
Propulsion and Fuel System
- Westerbeke 63B fresh water cooled marine diesel engine (removed and rebuilt in 2011 - approximately 300 hours since rebuild).
- Located in well insulated enclosure under galley counter with excellent access through removable panels.
- Custom engine compartment cooling vent routed through the galley post to a solar vent on deck.
- 1 1/4" stainless steel shaft.
- Aquadrive system for vibration dampening.
- Inboard stern tube and two water injected cutlass bearings.
- 3-bladed Max-Prop feathering propeller.
- "Spurs" line cutter.
- Aluminum fuel tanks (80 gallon capacity).
- Duel Racor 75/500MAX fuel filter system.
- Engine room fire extinguisher (2011)
- 12 Volt DC system fed from onboard batteries.
- 110 Volt AC system fed from DC HEART 2500 Inverter with remote battery monitoring system, generator, or shore power (50amp).
- Battery system consists of four 8D AGM batteries configured as two banks.
- Each bank charged by a dedicated 135amp alternator.
- 110V/50 amp shore power inlet with 50' cord.
- Westerbeke 8KW Marine Diesel generator (approx. 700 hours) with dedicated starting battery and Halon fire suppression system (optional extra soundproofing for generator).
Systems and Equipment
- Freshwater storage 150 gallons in three tanks.
- Atlantic stainless hot water tank with 10 gallon capacity.
- Hot water from engine or 110-volt system.
- Hot/Cold pressure water to forward vanity sink, galley sink, aft sink, shower, cockpit shower, and cold water to head toilet and anchor/deck washdown.
- Manually supplied (foot pump) fresh water at galley and head sink.
- Raritan PH III marine toilet in head plumbed to Y-valve to allow overboard discharge through an Electrasan treatment system or to waste holding tank.
- Waste holding tank capacity is 28 gallons.
- Holding tank may be emptied through the waste deck fittings or may be discharged overboard using an electric pump.
- Two basin stainless sink.
- Well-insulated icebox divided into separate refrigerator and freezer compartments.
- Refrigeration cooling supplied by two separate Sea Frost refrigeration units (one engine driven, the other a shore assist AC system).
- There are two separate Seafrost thermostats for the refrigerator and freezer.
- Broadwater 4-burner propane stove/oven. (2000)
- Propane supply is two, 10 lb. propane cylinders stored in a sealed and ventilated locker.
- Propane supply is controlled using a Trident LPG gas solenoid control.
- Interior cabin temperature is controlled by two Cruise-Air reverse cycle AC/heat units (one 16,000 and the other 7000 BTU's).
- Edson Quadrant System with chain and cable linkage.
- Teak rimmed varnished wheel. (New 2011)
- Spare steering wheel is Edson Destroyer with elkhide.
- Custom stainless emergency tiller.
Sails and Canvas
- North Leisure Furl mainsail. (2008)
- North135% genoa. (2008)
- North Gennaker with snuffer (2011)
- Doyle storm jib.
- Back up Quantum main and genoa in serviceable condition available
- Mainsail cover.
- Handrail covers.
- Dorade Box covers.
- Dodger (tan sunbrella with grab bar on aft edge). (New 2013)
Spars and Rigging
- Carbon fiber double spreader Hall Spars mast.
- Masthead height (less electronics) is 61' allowing for Inter-coastal Waterway.
- Spars are painted Awlgrip "Snow White".
- Mast is fitted with storm trysail track, fittings for inner forestay (and halyard), and carbon fiber masthead truck with wind instrument, Windex, and VFH antenna.
- Leisurefurl boom. (1999)
- Stainless rod rigging by Hall Spars.
- Schaefer System 3000 roller-furling headstay.
- Insulated backstay for SSB.
- Navtech hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Main halyard, jib halyard, spinnaker halyard, two spare halyards,staysail halyard, flag halyard (masthead), flag halyard (spreader), double ended main sheet (run to cabin top and starboard secondary winch), jib sheets, staysail sheets, jib furling line, genoa lead control lines, traveler control lines, and vang control line.
- All lines for sail control are led to cockpit.
SAIL CONTROL EQUIPMENT
- Harken Big Boat Hi-Beam traveler.
- Selden Boom vang.
- Harken adjustable genoa tracks.
- Lewmar superlock rope clutches.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Ockam Offshore sailing instruments package including five multi-function displays and integrated flux gate compass.
- Furuno Navnet Plotter at helm and cockpit bulkhead. (2011)
- Robertson/Simrad autopilot (with control heads at helm and nav station).
- Furuno 1731 Radar with display at nav station and radar dome mounted on Questus backstay mount.
- Backup Northstar 941X.
- Datamarine Depth Sounder.
- Interphase forward looking sonar.
- Icom M125 VHF.
- VHF PA speaker at helm.
- Ritchie Helm Compass and electronic rate sensing compass.
- (2) Lewmar electric 58 primaries.
- (2) Lewmar 40 two-speed secondaries.
- (1) Lewmar 44CCEST electric cabin top halyard winch.
- (1) Lewmar 44CCST two speed manual cabin top winch.
- (2) Lewmar 44CCST two speed manual mast winches.
- 45lb CQR Primary anchor with 150' of 5/16" galvanized chain and 100' of 5/8" nylon rode.
- The primary chain is led through the anchor windlass and directly to the chain locker.
- Fortress FX37 Secondary anchor with 20' of 5/16" galvanized chain and 250' of 5/8" nylon rode.
- Chain locker is divided athwartship to facilitate the storage of both primary and secondary chain/rode.
- Maxwell VWC 2200 Vertical Dual Direction Windlass with up/down foot switches and cockpit remote.
- Dock lines.
- Full winter boat cover (in three pieces)
- Manual Emergency builge pump.
- Life jackets.
- Owner's wall hangings are excluded from sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 42
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Unknown, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 38
Oxford, MD, United States