- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- VANCOUVER, BC
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- Can$ 225,000 (US$ 169,380)
Well equipped and cared for single owner boat. Sceptres are well designed, well built and well finished and offer superior sailing and motoring abilities for their size. Capable of local or longer distance cruising. "Celtic Blue" has the open quarterberth with navigation station arrangement which provides an enormous main salon. Started in build in 1992 and finished to launch in 1996. In excellent condition and ready to cruise right now! Call to arrange to view!
Please contact Paul Shield at 604-240-7310
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Sceptre Yachts
Designer: Hein Dreihuyzen
Flag of Registry: Canada
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 42 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 41 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 1 in
Displacement: 21500 lbs
Ballast: 8700 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 0 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar 4JH5E
Year Built: 2011
Engine Model: 4 cylinder FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 620
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 2200 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (190 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wonderful cruising accomodation with bright open living space. This layout was principally intended for a cruising couple with the ability to add another couple or family when needed. The master stateroom is forward. The head is to starboard just aft of the master stateroom and includes a separate stall shower as well as washbasin. Opposite the head are storage drawers and hanging lockers.
The main salon has a U-shaped settee to starboard with table and a straight settee opposite. The U-shaped galley is aft to port and the navigation station opposite to starboard. Aft of the nav station is a double quarterberth. The cockpit has opening seat lockers on both sides and a fixed windscreen as well as hard dodger with full enclosure for sun or rain protection. There is an additional hard top over the helm position which is connected to the hard dodger by canvas insert.
The helm seat folds down to allow walkthrough to the swim platform for dinghy or dock boarding. On deck the boat has wide uncluttered decks with lifelines and grab rails where needed. The anchor locker forward opens to allow storage of backup anchor gear and fenders while underway.
Comfortable and bright interior, high quality construction and finishing and great sailing and motoring performance,...these boats have a well deserved reputation!
- Master stateroom: 6'10" X 5' V-berth with separate dressing seat. Storage in drawers and hanging lockers as well as under berth. Custom 4" and 5" high density foam cushions with upholstery coverings throughout.
- Head: Vanity with custom cabinets and hand basin, marine toilet, teak and holly floorboards, towel bars, tissue holder and custom mirror cabinet doors . Separate stall shower with seat, curtain, opening hatch and dorade vent.
- Opposite head: Bank of drawers and hanging locker.
- Main salon: L-shaped dinette with pedestal table to starboard. Straight settee opposite to port. Bookshelves and storage outboard and below settees on both sides. Port and starboard settee single berths. Teak and holly sole throughout.
- Galley: U-shaped counter with double sinks, 3 burner propane stove with oven, 8.5 cu. ft. icebox with Nova Kool refrigeration unit. Plenty of cutlery, dish and pantry storage.
- Navigation Station: Large chart table with area for laptop computer and paper charts. Electrical panels outboard.
- Force 10 - 3 burner propane stove with oven with sea rails and pot holders.
- Icebox with 12 volt Nova Kool refrigeration system.
- Double stainless steel sinks with hot/cold pressure water system. Water tank heats water with engine cooling system coil or 120 VAC element.
- Foot pump backup fresh water system.
- Cutlery, dish and pantry storage below counters and outboard.
- Aft bulkhead port for extra light.
Engine and Mechanical
Yanmar 4JH5E, 4 cylinder, 50 hp, FWC and naturally aspirated marine diesel engine that was installed new in 2011. 620 hours on hourmeter.
- New engine panel with tachometer, oil pressure and engine temperature as well as visual and audible alarms. Fuel level gauge.
- Kansaki transmission with 2.62:1 reduction.
- Raw water intake strainer - new 2011.
- Racor fuel filter - new 2011.
- Vetus waterlock muffler system - new 2011.
- 1 1/4" stainless steel propeller shaft.
- PSS dripless shaft seal - new 2011.
- Cutlass bearing - replaced 2011.
- MaxProp 19" X 3 blade feathering propeller.
- Spare 3 blade Campbell cruising propeller.
Cruising Speed: 7.0 kts @ 2150 - 2200 rpm.
Max Speed: 7.5
160 gallons total in 2 X 65 gallon stainless steel tanks plus 1 X 30 gallon plastic tank.
70 gallons in two aluminum tanks.
Heater Day Tank:
10 litre day tank for gravity feed to bulkhead heater. Filled via transfer pump from main diesel tank.
15 gallons in plastic tank. Gravity feed to discharge overboard. Not equipped at this point for pumping out via shore facility, but could be added.
- 12 VDC ship service electrical system with vapour proof master switch, master breaker and tabulated and fused Sea Marine distribution panel.
- 2 X 8D Geltech gel cell batteries for house service and 1 X 24 series engine starting battery.
- 110 VAC X 30 amp dockside power system with shore cord, inlet fitting, master breaker and tabulated and fused distribution panel.
- Assorted power cord adapters.
- All wiring in marine grade tinned copper wire.
- Trace Engineering DR series RD 1512 inverter/charger - 1500 watt inverter and 70 amp charger capability.
- Ample Power 100 amp alternator on main engine with Ample Power 3 stage (Smart) regulator.
- Ample Power Energy Monitor II - battery condition meter.
- 1 X Sharp 130 watt solar panel mounted on radar arch.
- 1 X Siemens SP75 - 75 watt solar panel with tilting capability.
- Raymarine 120 gps/chartplotter with AIS (send and receive) and Bluetooth remote control capability - new 2014.
- Auto Nav autopilot system with remote control - integrated with gps/chartplotter.
- Raymarine ST60+ depth sounder, wind speed and direction, boat speed and log and Tri Data display (wind, speed, depth) - new 2014.
- Raytheon SL70 radar with arch mounted antenna.
- Icom IC-M58 VHF radio.
- Garmin Etrex hand held GPS.
- Ritchie magnetic binnacle compass - 5" card - reconditioned 2015.
- Hart Tank Tender guage system which monitors the port/starboard fuel tanks and port/starboard water tanks.
- Alpine AM/FM/CD stereo system with salon and forward stateroom speakers.
- Toshiba 22" flat screen TV.
- Toshiba DVD/VHS combination player.
- Brass clock and barometer.
Construction details of these boats are impressive. The hull is built of hand laminated solid fiberglass (no core). The deck is hand laminated fiberglass with 3/4" endgrain balsa core, coremat, plywood or no core, depending on location.
Collision bulkheads built into forward area and aft area for safety in offshore passages. Forward collision bulkheads are fixed while aft collision bulkhead provides for ability to withstand flooding to a level of approximately 3' should there be hull damage in rudder skeg area.
The skeg is a moulded fiberglass part glassed to the hull. The rudder is fiberglass with 2 3/8" stainless steel rudder stock and stainless steel webbing. The rudder mounts to the skeg on a bronze shoe with delron bearing. The keel is external lead bolted through the keel stub.
The hull-deck join is a live join with deck on top of hull flange with Goiot aluminum toe rail bolted through on 4" centers with live sealant.
The hull is finished in white gelcoat. Stripes are painted. Decks are original non-skid gelcoat. Bottom stripped and refinished with Interlux 2000E Barrier Coat System epoxy in 2013. Last haul out for antifouling paint was September 2015.
Owners spent considerable time on rigging and accessory details and on finishing cabinetry and it shows. The hull was molded in 1992 but the vessel was completed in the warehouse over the period of 92-96 and launched in the spring of 1996.
Sails and Deck Hardware
- Sobstad 125% genoa - Dyneema sailcloth - new 2012.
- Sobstad cruising spinnaker with ATN sock - new 2012.
- Original mainsail (excellent condition) - 10 oz polyester, 4 full battens with battslides and Fastpack main sail cover with lazyjacks.
- Original jib - 110% - spectra laminate sailcloth.
- Isomat NG 80 aluminum double spreader mast. 1 X 19 stainless steel standing rigging with split backstay and fore and aft lowers - new 2014.
- Rigged as a sloop but includes the inner stay tang and halyard box and the deck chainplate to enable an inner head stay to be added.
- Main halyard, genoa halyard, pole topping lift and main boom topping lift.
- Coachroof traveler with mainsheet and control lines led to cockpit.
- Running rigging renewed 2013.
- Garhauer rigid boom vang with tackle adjuster.
- Profurl C42 headsail roller furling system.
- Custom detachable bowsprit for cruising spinnaker.
- Mast head windex.
- Lightning protection - grounding system to keel bolts.
- 2 X Andersen #56 - 2 speed, self tailing primary winches.
- 3 X Andersen #46 - 2 speed, self tailing sheet and control winches.
Windlass and Anchor Gear:
- Lofrans Tigres 1200 watt X 12 VDC anchor windlass with up and down foot switches and manual back-up.
- 45 lb CQR anchor with 300' X 3/16" hi-tensile galvanized chain and 150' nylon rode (new 2012). Anchor loaded in stainless steel anchor roller at stemhead.
- Self draining anchor locker with deck access hatch. Groco salt water washdown system. Locker provides storage for fenders and mooring lines while underway.
- Spare 50 lb plow anchor with 200' nylon rode stored in bilge.
Recessed genoa tracks.
Stainless steel side deck drains.
Stainless steel coachroof and dodger handrails.
Stainless steel and teak swim grid with ladder.
Garhauer outboard engine hoist at stern.
Forespar extendible whisker pole - 13'-24'.
Custom stainless steel radar arch incorporates radar antenna, solar panels and davit system for dinghy.
Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions with new stainless steel wire double lifeline system. Opening gates on both sides and at transom.
Pedestal with chain and wire to quadrant steering system with pedestal, guard and 48" stainless steel destroyer style steering wheel. New leather wrap on wheel.
Dodger with custom framed aluminum and glass windscreen, hardtop and removable canvas sides. Hardtop bimini over helm position with connecting canvas between dodger and helm hardtop. Full aft canvas to complete a full cockpit enclosure.
Domestic Water System:
- Domestic water system includes 160 US gallons in 2 tanks plus 30 gallons in a plastic tank. Hot water is supplied through a 10 gallon water heater. The pressure hot/cold water is delivered throughout boat to head, shower, galley and transom swim step.
- Cockpit mounted manual Edson, 2 X automatic electric Rule 2000 in keel bilge and automatic electric in separate engine bilge area.
- Raritan PHII marine toilet with Y-valve to enable discharge to be routed overboard or to holding tank. Holding tank can be pumped out with manual overboard discharge pump or through deck fitting to shore facility.
- Sigmar 120 diesel bulkhead heater with gravity feed diesel day tank. Fuel can be transferred from main fuel tanks by transfer pump.
- Auxiliary bus heater off engine cooling system.
- Propane locker at transom with 2 X 20 lb steel propane tanks. System includes remote operated solenoid, pressure gauge, pressure regulator and dedicated delivery line to stove/oven.
- With the exception of the bronze through hull and ball valve on the raw water intake of the engine, all through hulls are marelon with marelon ball valves. There is no common bonding system and all hoses are double clamped below the waterline.
Companionway drop boards for storage and offshore use as well as hinged doors for cruising use.
Teak cockpit table with drink holders.
Scotty downrigger and rod holder.
New LED lighting throughout - 2014.
- Flares - new 2016 to Coast Guard requirements.
- Fire extinguishers - 3 X 5 lb dry chemical and 1 X 10 CO2.
- Radar reflector.
- PFD's for 8 crew.
- MOB pole.
- Throwing line.
- Life ring and MOB sling.
- Soft wood plugs for through hulls.
- 9'6" AB inflatable RIB with 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke outboard motor (new 2013 with almost no use since), Inflatable can be carried on foredeck or dinghy davit system. Outboard can be managed by outboard lift at transom.
- Pressure water pump.
- Replacement windows for pilothouse.
- Hydraulic pump for autopilot.
- Numerous engine, mechanical systems and outboard spare parts.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Allied/Tri-Shore Yachts Group
Vancouver, BC, Canada
VANCOUVER, BC, Canada
58 Pilot House
VANCOUVER, BC, Canada
Vancouver, BC, Canada
VANCOUVER, BC, Canada
43 Open Flybridge
VANCOUVER, BC, Canada