- View Full Specifications
A modern classic
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ardfern, By Lochgilphead, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 64,000 Tax Paid (US$ 79,578)
- Sale Pending
The Rustler 36, designed by Holeman & Pye over 20 years ago has carved itself an enviable reputation as an elegant, long keeled offshore cruising yacht. With examples of the design cruising in all parts of the globe the yachts are now sought after by those aspiring to set off on serious offshore adventures.
A regular feature of our brokerage listings we have sold many Rustler 36's over the years and Cayambe is one of the best presented examples we can recall. Having been kept here in Ardfern since new she has been professionally maintained continually upgraded by both owners with upgrading including replacement Beta engine, new teak decks to mention only the larger items. If your looking for a Rustler 36 for the summer 2017 season Cayambe must be on your list for viewing this winter. Currently wintering ashore under her full cover here at Ardfern.
Please contact Mark Cameron at 01852 500247
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Orion Marine
Designer: Holman & Pye
LOA: 10.78 m
Beam: 3.35 m
LWL: 8.23 m
Maximum Draft: 1.76 m
Displacement: 7620 kgs
Ballast: 3556 kgs
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Beta Marine
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: BV1305
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2045
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 35 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (205 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (180 Liters)
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Moulded by Cygnus Marine to Lloyd's register specifications the traditional hand laminated hull and deck mouldings are still finished in their original gelcoat.
- Oxford blue hull, still original gelcoat
- Teak decks replaced with new 2002.
Finished in the popular Oxford Blue above the waterline gold cove line. Below the waterline the boat is finished in a red antifouling with white boot topping line. Full length traditional style encapsulated keel with 3.5 tons of lead ballast keel, full depth transom mounted, keel hung rudder.
Deck and Coachroof
The deck moulding is finished in a white gelcoat with teak laid decks and the coachroof top finished in a light grey non-slip paint. In 2002 the teak decks and cockpit were completely stripped out and replaced with new teak decking here at Ardfern. The teak and deck moulding gelcoat are in very good condition for a boat of this age.
Spars, Rigging and Sails
Fitted with original, single spreader, Z-Spars anodised alloy mast and spars, all finished in silver anodising with black end castings. All standing rigging of 1X19 stainless steel wire with roll swaged end fittings and stainless steel bottle screws, forestay, backstay and Profurl roller reefing system for genoa all replaced with new in 2008. A removable inner forestay has been added to the mast for use with hank on staysail or storm jib Mainsail of slab reefing type with full battens. Standing rigging has been upgraded throughout current ownership with good quality braid on braid rope, main halyard has been upgraded to dyneema in 2014.
- Mainsail - Owen Sails dacron heavy weight cruising sail. Fully battened with Rutgerson mast cars. Serviced and laundered by sail maker annually.
- Roller Reefing Genoa - Owen Sails dacron heavy weight cruising sail. Serviced and laundered by sail maker annually.
- Staysail - Dacron, little used. Hank on sail for use on removable inner forestay.
- Storm Jib - Hank on, very little use.
- Spinnaker - Tri radial with snuffer.
- Cruising Chute - Owen Sails, fitted with snuffer.
- Sprayhood - Owen Sails, off white. Serviced and laundered annually.
- Mainsail Cover - Owen Sails (2014) stackpack type cover, off white.
- Main anchor - Rocna 20kg on 60m 3/8" calibrated chain rode.
- Kedge anchor - Danforth type on 40m anchor braid rode.
- Windlass - Simpson Lawrence Anchorman Power 700 (Overhauled 2015).
Fitted with a teak deck from new the boat benefits greatly from having had a full teak deck replacement in 2002. Since replacement of the deck it has been professionally maintained and protected by a full winter cover when laid-up ashore for the winter, as a result the deck looks in great condition. Stout guard wires run the full length of the boat between the pulpit and pushpit with gates provided port and starboard while a folding boarding ladder is fitted in way of the port gate.
A substantial twin roller stemhead fitting allows storing of the anchor on the bow, the anchor rode being handled by the Lewmar 'Anchorman' electric windlass, chain stowing directly into the chain locker. The anchor windlass was completely overhauled in 2015.
The side decks are of a sensible width to allow movement around the boat securely when alongside or at sea with timber grabrails running the full length of the coachroof. Dorade vents on the coachroof are fitted with stainless steel guards.
Protected by the custom fabricated sprayhood and deep coamings the cockpit provides and safe and secure base for crew. A stout pedestal occupies the aft end of the cockpit space giving the helmsman a good view forward while keeping all the control lines within easy reach. The seating and sole are still fitted with teak decking, replaced as part of the 2002 refurbishment. Mainsail reefing lines and halyards are lead aft to either side of the companionway with the reefing lines for the foresails running along the port and starboard side decks allowing all sail handling to be undertaken from the cockpit. The mainsheet runs on a horse across the cockpit and is easily reached by the helmsman. Storage is provided with a large locker to starboard and a self draining gas locker aft.
- Log - Raymarine ST60
- Depth - Raymarine ST60
- Wind - Raymarine ST60
- GPS - Furuno GP32
- Navtex - Furuno NX300
- VHF - Furuno DSC type with handset at chart table
- Plotter - Raymarine C80 MFD display with plotter & radar functionality. Loaded with Navionics cartography for UK, Ireland and Holland.
- Radar - Raymarine 2kw scanner displaying on C80 MFD.
- Autopilot - Raymarine ST6000
- Compass - Rigel Poseidon fitted in Edson binnacle.
- Heating - Eberspacher D3L diesel fired hot air system, 3 outlets.
- Hot & Cold Water - Fully pressurised system with engine fed calorifier, including 240V immersion heater. Faucets in heads and galley.
- Heads - Jabsco sea toilet, with lock down type pump.
- Cooker - Nelson 2 burner, grill and oven. New 2015.
Below decks the interior is constructed in high quality joinery work using high quality teak faced plywood and solid teak trims. Throughout the current ownership the boat has been continually maintained below decks and as such appears very fresh with internal varnish work in good condition and all upholstery smartly presented.
The forecabin provides the traditional twin V-berth configuration of accommodation with an infill to create a good sized double. Storage is provided below the bunks and in a compact locker /drawer unit to the starboard aft end of the cabin.
The heads compartment aft of the forecabin to port is constructed in white GRP mouldings leaving a very crisp and easily cleaned finish with varnished teak trims. Ample stowage is provided in the vanity unit outboard of the sink and beneath. Opposite the heads a compact hanging locker provides room for hanging foul weather gear etc.
The saloon provides traditional settee style seating with an L-shaped settee to port and a standard bench type settee to starboard; both settees convert to provide well proportioned single bunks with lee cloths fitted to both. The L-shaped settee to port could be made to convert into a double bunk if required. The practically sized drop leaf saloon table is centrally mounted, large enough to cater for a full compliment of crew yet still allowing access around when leafs are up; stowage is provided within for bottles. Good storage is provided in a selection of lockers outboard and beneath the settees.
At the aft end of the saloon on the port side is a very well proportioned chart table for a yacht of this size. A large surface provides sufficient space for working on paper charts with good storage provided below. The Raymarine chart plotter display, Furuno GPS and Navtex displays are all positioned around the chart table clearly visible and easily within reach. Directly aft is one and a half width quarter berth with good locker space below and easy access to the ships batteries etc.
To starboard opposite the chart table the 'U' shaped galley provides a good functional layout for safe use while at sea; all worktops are fitted with 2" brush through fiddles. Fitted with a Nelson two burner and oven gas cooker, fully insulated fridge and stainless steel sink catering for a full crew is easily handled.
Beneath the companionway steps is a dedicated, fully insulated engine space. The Beta BV1305, 35hp marine diesel engine, with PRM gearbox and type 'C' control panel was fitted new here at Ardfern in 2006. At the time of installing the engine the owner had the full engine space re-furbished with new sound insulation and replacement of the wiring. Access around the engine and gearbox is good with access from the front and sides via small removable panels.
- Beta BV1305 35HP Diesel Engine, fitted new 2006
- PRM Gearbox
- Type C control Panel
- 100 amp alternator
- Manecraft shaft seal
- Fixed 3 blade Bronze prop
- 'Stripper' rope cutter
Domestic Bank - 2 off 100Ah Lead Acid type batteries.
Engine Bank - 1 off Lead Acid type battery.
An Altus 12-2 battery monitor is fitted by the engine control panel showing the status of both battery banks.
- Liferaft - Cannister 4 person. New 2014, service due winter 2016/17.
- EPIRB - McMurdo Smartfind G5V2, new 2016
- Personal EPIRB - McMurdo Fastfind 220PLB, new 2016
- Lifejackets - 4 off auto inflate 175N type with harness.
- Horseshoe Buoys - 2 off Plastimo type.
- Emergency Steering - tiller to secure on rudder head.
- Wind Generator - Air Breeze
- Radio & CD player
- Manual Bilge Pump
- Electric Bilge Pump - Automatic or manually switched.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection, fitted with socks.
- Tender - Zodiac 2.4m Fast Roller.
- Outboard - Suzuki 2.5hp, fitted with lifting strop, hoist fitted by portside guardwire gate.
- Starter Power Pack - Draper rechargeable 12v.
- Outboard Stowage Bracket - fitted to pushpit.
- Winter Cover - Full fitted cover with timber deck frame to support.
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Ardfern Yacht Centre
Ardfern, By Lochgilphead, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom