1992 Kadey-Krogen 42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Harpswell, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 275,000
Epilogue is set up for extended cruising or live-aboard.
What sets Epilogue apart from some other Krogen 42’s available is that she has:
- a powerful thruster
- stand-alone freezer
- stand-alone ice maker
- dual refrigerators.
She has ample battery capacity to support the refrigerators and freezer and other DC requirements. For added efficiency, almost all lighting is LED. High capacity battery chargers minimize charging time via generator or shore power.
When at anchor for extended periods, 2 hours of daily generator battery charging restores batteries to 100%. Simultaneously, hot water is made, the ice maker produces enough ice for 2+ people’s consumption, and the washer/dryer can be run. When underway, approx. 6 hours running will bring batteries back to 100% via the alternator. There are also shore power and water connections for dockside use.
Navigation experience is enhanced with 15” Garmin touch screen GPS chartplotter, Garmin radar, and Robertson/Simrad auto-pilot. Anchoring is made easier with windlass and deck wash.
When she was purchased by current owners, she was up-fitted from a weekend configuration to a live-aboard, long range cruiser. She is designed for 12v living for maximum efficiency.
Please contact Frank D. Gordon at 954-525-8476
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 42 ft 4 in
Beam: 15 ft 0 in
LWL: 39 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 7 in
Ballast: 2500 lbs
Dry Weight: 39500 lbs
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6.3544 Range 4 Series
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 6750
Engine Power: 135 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (700 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Cruises and lives 2 in total comfort plus has room for occasional guests in 2nd stateroom. Pilot house is set up for cruising in comfort with pilot chair and large bench type sofa berth. Duplicate controls are on fly bridge for different perspective. Large salon with semi U shaped settee with storage under, 2 swivel arm chairs, and a "hydraulic" raise and lower teak, folding table that serves as coffee and dining tables. Epilogue is set up for extended cruising.
Galley has 2 large refrigerator / freezers plus another 7 cf stand alone freezer in the 2nd stateroom. Galley has Large stainless steel sink, SeaGull water filter, pop up counter extension, drawers for flatware and cutlery, ample cabinets for plates and pots and pans. 3 burner with oven Princess Propane stove with 2 20 lb. bottles of Propane. Icerette ice maker on aft cockpit. 120v Microwave and Breville toaster oven.
- Chartplotter: Garmin 5215 GPS (2010 with software updates)
- Autopilot: Simrad (Robertson) AP26
- Radios: VHF: Icom IC-M504 Single Sideband: Icom IC-73S
- AIS: Garmin AIS 600 transponder/receiver (2012)
- Radar: Garmin GMR 18HD radar (2013)
- Rudder Indicator Danforth Constellation compass
- Depth finders: Garmin depth finder AutoHelm Depth Finder
- Garmin aft facing video camera
- Weems & Plath ships clock & barometer
- VHF: Icom IC-M504
- Garmin 4208 Stabilizer controls
- Thruster controls
Naiad Stabilizers, Wesmar 13 HP bow thruster, Spurs, 10' AB hardbottom inflatable dinghy with 9.9 HP Yanmar 4 stroke outboard. Westerbeake 8.0 BTD-614 with 3902 hours. Crane with 12v electric winch for raising dinghy and kayaks (not included) to fly bridge.
Deck and Hull Equipment
deal Windlass, 1 Bruce anchor with 300' 3/8" chain, 1 CQR anchor with 50' 3/8" chain and 200' 5/8" Nylon rode, a spare Bruce anchor, raw water wash down pump on bow, fresh water wash down / shower in aft cockpit. Electric winch / crane for hoisting dinghy and kayaks to fly bridge.
Epilogue is set up to run primarily on 12v system and has generator for larger AC-only items and battery charging. Batteries: 10 6v deep cycle house, 2 6v deep cycle engine start / aux house, 4 6v deep cycle thruster, 1 12v generator starting. Refrigerators, freezer, and lights operate on 12v DC or 120v AC. Prowatt 2000 inverter for charging phones, running blender, and small toaster, etc. There are 2 100 amp 120v battery multi stage chargers plus multi stage charger for 24v thruster bank. Galley Mate (made in Australia) 2 burner heavy duty propane grill with separate 20 lb tank mounts on aft cockpit aft rail.When sitting at anchor, approx. 2 hours per day of generator running will charge batteries back to 100%, make hot water and ice cubes. Running engine underway will charge batteries in approx. 4 hours. Otherwise there is no need to listen to the generator run.
- Flag of registry: USA
- Hull shape: Displacement
- Building Materials: Glass reinforced plastic. Note hull is fully closed cell foam cored.
- Cosmetic condition, Colors, etc.: White hull with green whale and boot. Green Bottom. Cosmetics are good.
- Teak rail, salon doors, side window frames.
- Fiberglass non-skid cockpit and decks
- Displacement: 39,500 lbs
- Dry Load Ballast Approx. 2500 lbs
- Make/Size: Westerbeake 8.0 BTD-614
- Engine Hours: 3960
- Racor 500 FGS Fuel Filter
- Groco Seawater strainer
- Victron Battery Monitor
- LED cabin lights
- Batteries: (all 2014) House: 10 each 6v Deep Cycle Engine Starting: 2 each 6v Deep Cycle Bow Thruster: 4 each 6v Deep Cycle
- Generator: 1 each 12v Balmar alternator with MC 614 MultiStage Regulator 3 of 20
- Victron 100 amp 120v Chargers - 2 each
- Charger 24v Inverter: Prowatt SW 2000 2 each 30 amp circuits each with ELCI 2 each
- 50’ 30 amp cords with 1 50 amp adapter connection 2 each
- MarineAire Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning Heating Systems
- Stabilizers: Naiad Marine Systems: Controls in Pilot House and on FlyBridge
- Bow Thruster: Wesmar (2014). Controls in pilot house and on flyBridge. The thruster was replaced from a 5hp 12v original unit to a 12hp 24v one which performs very well when docking. Huge improvement!
- Bilge pumps Automatic/float switch High water alarm Engine intake emergency bilge pump Shower sump pumps
- Marine Toilets Forward Head: Jabsco (2012) Starboard side Head: Techma / Thretford (fresh water) (2012) Jabsco Macerator Model 18590 Series Pump 40 Gallon Holding Tank
- Fire Protection Automatic Halon fire extinguisher system and 2+ 10 lb portable ABC extinguishers Nest smoke CO2 Alarm
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.