- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Oriental, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 129,900
- Sale Pending
HUGE $10,000 REDUCTION IN ASKING PRICE!
Island Packets are well built, solid, safe, comfortable, and easy to sail. The space is amazing and all the creature comforts are built in. Island Packet is famous for listening to customers and owners and incorporating their ideas into the next model. Through all the evolution, they've never strayed from the design features they have identified as necessary for a cruising sailboat including their full keel solid hand laid construction, integral encapsulated keel ballast, protected prop and rudder, true cutter rig for easily handled sail plan, high bulwarks, and safe anchoring platform. Maybe that's why they've been successful.
Island Packet Yachts have been built by Island Packet Yachts for the past 30 years. The company's owner and founder, Bob Johnson, has a passion for yacht design and boat building that has fueled the company through more than 30 models. That is a track record worth looking at. Island Packet's success is built on a the commitment to build a quality boat that meets the needs and expectations of the owners. While the vessels have evolved with new layouts and new creature features, the success is built on a solid foundation of building good boats! Island Packet owners love their boats. These vessels age very well and they hold their value for the simply reason that you get a lot of boat for the money!
The Island Packet 44 model was designed in 1990 as the flagship yacht, the largest at the time, with all the comforts, the IP 44 is truly a luxurious cruiser. Success was fueled by rather impressive wins in the 1991 and 1992 Caribbean 1500 Rallies.
Island Packet owners enjoy the support and comradery provided by the Island Packet Yacht Owners Association as well as the popular Island Packet Facebook page!
"Sea Flame" provided a safe and comfortable cruising home for her current owner for a number of years. Sadly it is time to offer her for sale in order that a new owner can realize the safe and enjoyable cruising lifestyle that an IP44 offers!
Your time is very important to us, please call to schedule your opportunity to view this special offering in order that we may better serve you!
Mike Trogdon 252-571-0060
Mike Draughan 336-601-5970
Please contact Deaton Yacht Sales at (252) 249-0090
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Island Packet Yachts (USA)
Designer: Robert K Johnson
LOA: 44 ft 6 in
Beam: 13 ft 2 in
LWL: 37 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 27500 lbs
Ballast: 12500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 61 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 62 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1992
Engine Model: WC-4JH2E-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2240
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 62 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2200 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: (195 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Aluminum (30 Gallons)
Two large staterooms, well separated for privacy and each with its own head combine with an expansive central living area to provide a gracious setting for entertaining or cruising with family and friends. This is an extremely “liveable” yacht.
Molded slip-resistant sole is provided in the galley, companionway, nav and head areas for sure footing and easy maintenance. Teak sole grate provided with recessed, liftout dust bin for easy housekeeping. Salon and staterooms have varnished teak and holly soles.
- 6’5” headroom throughout the cabins.
- 16 opening ports with screens
- 8 deck hatches
- 3 deck ventilators (Dorade type)
- 3 Solar vents
Master Stateroom, Forward: Large offset double berth with easy access along its entire port side and storage beneath. Teak shelves outboard, cedar lined storage including bureau with numerous storage bins, built-in dressing table with mirrored vanity and upholstered seat, and hanging locker with interior shelf. Owner added three custom teak magazine racks. Three opening ports, two overhead hatches and deck ventilator.
Private forward head, bulkhead mounted shower unit, (shower converted to storage but fully reversible), marine toilet and large wrap around vanity with storage. One port, one overhead hatch and solar vent. Privacy doors to head compartment and main salon.
Guest Stateroom, Aft Port: Private access as well as private access to aft head, extra-wide double berth, two full-length teak shelves outboard (top shelf custom built), storage lockers under berth and removable dressing seat. Cedar lined hanging locker and bureau with shelf. Four opening ports and an overhead hatch. .
Aft head has bathtub/stall shower (drains to auto sump) with folding seat, marine toilet and large wrap-around vanity. One overhead hatch, opening port and solar vent.
Main Salon:The Salon spans the full beam. To starboard is an L-shaped settee (which converts to double berth and deluxe drop-leaf table. Table folds against bulkhead rack with bottle and glass storage and extra teak shelf above mount.Table can also dropped for SB side only use or extended for full cabin use. Cabinets and book shelves outboard of settee. Opposite to port are two seats with teak center table (which converts to settee) and end bolsters. Storage behind and under seats.
- NEW UPHOLSTERY easy to clean, microsuede 2010. NEW designer fabric curtains for ports (2010). Overhead handrails, opening hatches, ports and deck ventilators. Teak joinerwork includes bulkheads, cabinetry trim and louvered doors.
- Chelsea ships clock and barometer
Navigation Station: Located to starboard between salon and galley, this “office” space has a large hinged table with side mount drawer, equipment shelf above and adjacent book rack. The upholstered seat with backrest and storage under provides secure and comfortable support in offshore conditions. Connected to a ventilated self-draining wet locker with large shelf above. The main electrical control panels are conveniently located alongside the navigation table.
- Spacious wrap-around teak galley (aft to starboard) is convenient to both salon and cockpit yet out of interior traffic.
- Solid color-core laminate surfaces and Corian® granite pattern trim and fiddles on all edges.
- Double stainless steel sink, retractable spray unit, hot/cold pressure water tap with hand pump.
- Large storage cabinets and drawers, microwave alcove, built-in teak spice racks, recipe book rack, dish shelf with teak separators, cutlery drawers, trash basket, teak paper towel holder and soap shelf.
- Customized teak cabinet with companionway drop board shelf.
- Large divided icebox – top loading, injected froth type urethane insulation throughout, with Sea Frost 12V & 120V cold plate refrigeration (2007)
- Force Ten Gimbaled 3-burner LPG stove with oven (2004) – stainless steel guard rail with harness hooks, cutting board cover, and pot and pan locker underneath.
- Raymarine E80 Chartplotter
- Raymarine Smart Pilot SPX 30AP Core Pak
- Raymarine ST70 Autopilot
- ICOM IC-M504 VHF at Navigation Station w/HM-162B/SW Remote
- Davis Wind Speed Indicator
- Airmar Thru Hull Depth Transducer and Knot Meter
- Two (2) Garmin 128 GPS
- Raymarine MultifunctionColor Instrument at Navigation Station
- Richie Globemaster Compass
- Speed and Depth at Helm
- 12V/110V Electrical System w/Breaker Panel
- Heart Interface Power Inverter and Battery Charger
- Two (2) Rule 12V Automatic Bilge Pumps
- One (1) 12V Starter Battery
- Two (2) 8D Gel Cell 225 House Batteries
- Battery Isolator Switch
- E-Meter Battery Monitor 500A/50mV Single Shunt
- EMS 1800 Energy Management System
- Balmar Max Charge Multi-Stage Regulator
- 110V GFCI Receptacles
- Seaward S700 Electric/Heat Exchanger Water Heater
- Shurflo Deck Wash-Down Pump
- West Marine Ultra Bilge Pump Switch and High Water Alarm
- Two (2) Kyocera KC130TM Solar Panels
- Air X Marine Wind Generator
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Smoke Detector
Sails & Rigging
Cutter rig with roller furling genoa and self-tending staysail. Generous sail plan. Three manageable sails allow small crew to handily set a variety of well-balanced combinations in a wide range of conditions. All necessary control lines, including a dual single-line main reefing system, are lead aft to allow routine sail handling from the comfort and security of the cockpit.
- Quantum Fully Battened Mainsail w/Double Reef Points (2007)
- Quantum 120% Furling Headsail w/Sunbrella Sun Cover (2007)
- Quantum 75% Furling Staysail w/Sunbrella Sun Cover (2007)
- Strong Track System (2007)
- Stack Pack Lazy Jack System on Mainsail (2007)
- Full length handrails; extra height double lifelines; mast rails; recessed fore and side decks with bulwarks; integral bowsprit/anchor platform supporting 2 anchors with bow rollers.
- Covered foredeck recess features tray with integral hatch for handy deck stowage and additional access to large forepeak below providing quick access to anchor rodes and added stowage space.
- Loftrans’ Project 1500-USA Version electric reversing anchor windlass with dual controls (deck and remote cockpit). 5/16 short link chain, ½-5/8” rode.
- Fresh water cockpit shower, insulated icebox, covered engine instrument panel, a pair of two inch cockpit scuppers, and combing storage bins for lines.
- Deluxe steering console with auto pilot etc. with attached teak folding table and drink holder.
- Contoured seats over eight feet long are comfortable for sitting and sleeping.
- CQR 45# anchor with 30’ chain and 250’ nylon rode (port)
- Delta 55# anchor with 125’ 5/16” BBB chain and nylon rode (stb) chain
- Anchor chain scuff guards – sacrificial pads
- Forespar Whisker Pole
- Mechanical Boom Vang
- Side stanchions with lifelines
- Bow pulpit with rails and seat
- Ship’s bell
- Teak and stainless steel rub rail
- Full cockpit cushions
- Safety hatch board system
- Cockpit table and helmsman seat with back rest
- Saltwater wash down system with pressure water pump at anchor locker
- Six (6) Lewmar self tailing winches: Lewmar #43, Lewmar #48, Lewmar #52's primaries, Lewmar #16's for staysail
- Keel stepped double spreader mast
- Mast Steps
- Two (2) 10# Propane Tanks
- Emergency Tiller
- Hatch Screens
- Custom Built Swim Platform w/Swim Ladder
- Horseshoe Life Ring
- Life Sling
- Diesel and Gas Jugs
- Easy access to every part of engine and related equipment is provided with quickly removable front and side panels and an aft cover. Molded engine bed with drip pan.
- 1992 Yanmar 62 hp diesel turbo engine, fresh water cooled, single control lever..
- Engine fuel shut-off valve
- Packless shaft seal
- Dripless stuffing box
- Racor dual fuel filter system with selector switch and vacuum gauge
- Water heater – engine or 120V
- Kanzaki KM4A Transmission. Serial #3034
- Tankage centrally located under cabin sole maximizes stowage throughout the yacht and adds to overall stability underway. Remote reading gauges.
Bimini Frame and Arch
2010 Custom designed aluminum Bimini canopy and solar panel arch with dingy davits, dingy lift with cam cleats, flag staff holder and MOB holder is very strong and provides an impressive silhouette. Eliminates need for dodger. Equipped with removable 3 piece windshield made of Isinglass with 3 double zippered smile windows, double track sides and aft frames installed for optional addition of cockpit enclosure.
The owner has carefully maintained and updated all operational manuals and will pass this information along to the new owners!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Deaton Yacht Sales
Oriental, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States
ORIENTAL, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States