- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Oriental, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 147,500
REDUCED AGAIN! OWNER NEEDS TO SELL. Island Packet has always been one of the most popular cruising sailboats and the 44 is special. She is well equipped as her owner has been cruising her full time for a number of years! The IP 44 is the perfect boat for full time cruising. This model is roomy, comfortable and performs well under sail. She has a great layout with plenty of living space.
Sea Flame is seriously for sale and will provide her new owners with a great vessel for bay, coastal or ocean voyaging.
Ashley has years of years of sailing and cruising experience. He brings a lot of boating knowledge to the table, especially for those interested in long distance cruising. Ashley is retired naval officer having spent 20 years on nuclear submarines. Following naval retirement his next career was inspecting commercial nuclear power plants both domestically and worldwide. After 16 years he changed direction again and set sail with his wife on their 45-foot sailboat, cruising the Caribbean and east coast for 7 years, finally settling in Oriental where Ashley became dock master for Henry's new marina and involved in yacht sales.
Please contact Ashley Erwin at (252) 675-2554
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 44 ft 6 in
Beam: 13 ft 2 in
LWL: 37 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 27500 lbs
Ballast: 12500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 61 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 62 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: WC-4JH2E-TE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2237
Engine Power: 62 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2200 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (195 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Aluminum (30 Gallons)
Two large staterooms, well separated for privacy and each with its own head combine with an expansive central living area to provide a gracious setting for entertaining or cruising with family and friends. This is an extremely “liveable” yacht.
Molded slip-resistant sole is provided in the galley, companionway, nav and head areas for sure footing and easy maintenance. Teak sole grate provided with recessed, liftout dust bin for easy housekeeping. Salon and staterooms have varnished teak and holly soles.
- 6’5” headroom throughout the cabins.
- 16 opening ports with screens
- 8 deck hatches
- 3 deck ventilators (Dorade type)
- 3 Solar vents
Master Stateroom, Forward: Large offset double berth (new, unused 4” foam mattress covered in Surlast Navy Weave) with easy access along its entire port side and storage beneath. Teak shelves outboard, cedar lined storage including bureau with numerous storage bins, built-in dressing table with mirrored vanity and upholstered seat, and hanging locker with interior shelf. Owner added three custom teak magazine racks. Three opening ports, two overhead hatches and deck ventilator.
- Access to spacious divided anchor locker.
Private forward head, bulkhead mounted shower unit, (shower converted to storage but fully reversible), marine toilet and large wrap around vanity with storage. One port, one overhead hatch and solar vent. Privacy doors to head compartment and main salon.
- Raritan PHII Manual head with diverter valve (repaired 2010), dockside pump-out, macerator pump (10/10) with lock
Guest Stateroom, Aft Port: Private access as well as private access to aft head, extra-wide double berth (largest of two covered mattress sections is new unused 4” foam mattress covered in Surlast Navy Weave), two full-length teak shelves outboard (top shelf custom built), storage lockers under berth and removable dressing seat. Cedar lined hanging locker and bureau with shelf. Four opening ports and an overhead hatch. .
Aft head has bathtub/stall shower (drains to auto sump) with folding seat, marine toilet and large wrap-around vanity. One overhead hatch, opening port and solar vent.
- Raritan PHII Marine Head (repairs 2010)
Main Salon:The Salon spans the full beam. To starboard is an L-shaped settee (which converts to double berth and deluxe drop-leaf table. Table folds against bulkhead rack with bottle and glass storage and extra teak shelf above mount. Table can also dropped for SB side only use or extended for full cabin use. Cabinets and book shelves outboard of settee. Opposite to port are two seats with teak center table (which converts to settee) and end bolsters. Storage behind and under seats.
- NEW UPHOLSTERY easy to clean, microsuede 2010. NEW designer fabric curtains for ports (2010). Overhead handrails, opening hatches, ports and deck ventilators. Teak joinerwork includes bulkheads, cabinetry trim and louvered doors.
- Chelsea ships clock and barometer
Located to starboard between salon and galley, this “office” space has a large hinged table with side mount drawer, equipment shelf above and adjacent book rack. The upholstered seat with backrest and storage under provides secure and comfortable support in offshore conditions. Connected to a ventilated self-draining wet locker with large shelf above. The main electrical control panels are conveniently located alongside the navigation table.
- Spacious wrap-around teak galley (aft to starboard) is convenient to both salon and cockpit yet out of interior traffic.
- Solid color-core laminate surfaces and Corian® granite pattern trim and fiddles on all edges.
- Double stainless steel sink, retractable spray unit, hot/cold pressure water tap with hand pump.
- Large storage cabinets and drawers, microwave alcove, built-in teak spice racks, recipe book rack, dish shelf with teak separators, cutlery drawers, trash basket, teak paper towel holder and soap shelf.
- Customized teak cabinet with companionway drop board shelf.
- Large divided icebox – top loading, injected froth type urethane insulation throughout, with Sea Frost 12V & 120V cold plate Refrigeration (2007); old freezer removed.)
- Force Ten Gimbaled 3-burner LPG stove with oven (2004) – stainless steel guard rail with harness hooks, cutting board cover, and pot and pan locker underneath.
- Easy access to every part of engine and related equipment is provided with quickly removable front and side panels and an aft cover. Molded engine bed with drip pan.
- 1992 Yanmar 62 hp diesel turbo engine, fresh water cooled, single control lever.
- Engine hour meter replaced in about 2004, so eng. hours are 2000 +.
- Engine fuel shut-off valve
- Packless shaft seal
- Dripless stuffing box
- Racor dual fuel filter system with selector switch and vacuum gauge
- Water heater – engine or 120V
- Kanzaki KM4A Transmission. Serial #3034
- Starter Motor replaced (4/2011)
- Starter Motor relay replaced 6/2011
- Tankage centrally located under cabin sole maximizes stowage throughout the yacht and adds to overall stability underway. Remote reading gauges.
Mechanical & Electrical
- Heart Interface Power Inverter and Battery Charger
- Manual bilge pump and 2 Rule automatic bilge pumps installed on L-bracket
- 12V dedicated starter battery (aft cabin)
- Battery isolator
- Two 8D Gel Cell 225 batteries - installed 5/2010
- E-Meter Battery Monitor 500A/50mV Single Shunt
- EMS 1800 Energy Management System
- Balmar Max Charge Multi-stage Regulator
- GFCI receptacles
- Seaward S700 Serial No. 905549-J03 Electric Heat Exchanger Water Heater (12/2003)
- Shurflo deck wash-down pump
- West Marine Ultra Bilge Pump switch and High Water Alarm (9 volt battery)
- Groco raw water strainers
- Depth Transducer, Thru-Hull, Knot Meter Plus, Airmar Technology Corp.
- 9 bronze thruhulls with ball valve seacocks (3 are waterline)
Electronics & Navigation
Autopilot (using existing linear drive unit) and Chart Plotter etc. installed in 1/2010 as follows:
- Raymarine E Series High Performance Multifunction Navigation Display - E80 8.4” Display Multifunction System Pack
- SIRIUS weather module
- Raymarine GPS Sensor (mounted on stern rail)
- Smart Pilot SPX 30 AP Core Pack
- Raymarine ST70 Autopilot Control Head, Depth Transducer Pod, Speed Transducer Pod and Wind Transducer Pod in new Navpod, Backbone kit
- Fluxgate Compass
- Raymarine Multifunction Color Instrument (in nav station)
- Wireless handheld remote
- New pedestal guard
- Two Navionics Gold Marine Electronic Charts – 16XG-2 USA East; 17XG-2 Middle America & Caribbean
- Edson steering pedestal (parts replaced 3/2008)
- Richie Globemaster lighted compass
- ICOM HM-162B/SW remote control microphone for cockpit (VHF radio)
- ICOM VHF IC-M504 radio at nav station
- Davis wind speed indicator at mast head with night illumination
- Speed and depth counter at binnacle
- Firdel blipper radar reflector
- Radar mount on mast (old radar removed)
- Two Garmin GPS 128
- Two Kyocera KC130TM 130W Solar Panels installed 2008
- Air X Marine 12V Wind Generator installed 2009
- 6 Lewmar self tailing winches: Lewmar 43(port) and 48 (stb -installed 2005) for main sail; pair of Lewmar 52’s for Genoa; pair of 16’s for staysail
Sails & Rigging
Cutter rig with roller furling genoa and self-tending staysail. Generous sail plan. Three manageable sails allow small crew to handily set a variety of well-balanced combinations in a wide range of conditions. All necessary control lines, including a dual single-line main reefing system, are lead aft to allow routine sail handling from the comfort and security of the cockpit.
- 2011 staysail and genoa stitching repaired
- 2007 new sails and sail pack by Quantum – Sails are computer designed and cut cross construction using Challenge 8.62 HA (100%) Genoa 7.62 HA (100%)
- Mainsail - 5 full battens, double reef, etc
- 120% Furling Genoa, Sunbrella Aquamarine Acrylic UV Cover; Foam Luff
- 75% Furling Staysail, Sunbrella Aquamarine Acrylic UV Cover
- Strong Track System
- Stack Pack Lazy Jack System
- Keel stepped, double spreader mast. Vinyl boot with silicone sealing provides a weatherproof seal.
- Spars are extruded aluminum 6061-T6 alloy with a heavy clear anodized coating.
- Bobstay is made of solid stainless rod (Navtec) adjusted by an open body turnbuckle.
- Standing rigging is made of premium U.S. manufactured stainless steel alloy 1x19 wire with rotary swedged terminals.
- Contoured seats over eight feet long are comfortable for sitting and sleeping.
- Fresh water cockpit shower, insulated icebox, covered engine instrument panel, a pair of two inch cockpit scuppers, and combing storage bins for lines.
- Mount under aft cockpit sole for installation of optional 5 kw generated set. Every IP 44 is equipped with the necessary tank fittings and master A-C panel circuitry to accept a generator without modification.
- Deluxe steering console with auto pilot etc. with attached teak folding table and drink holder.
- Custom built swim platform with swim ladder installed 2008.
- Horseshoe life ring
- Life Sling
- Full length handrails; extra height double lifelines; mast rails; recessed fore and side decks with bulwarks; integral bowsprit/anchor platform supporting 2 anchors with bow rollers.
- Covered foredeck recess features tray with integral hatch for handy deck stowage and additional access to large forepeak below providing quick access to anchor rodes and added stowage space.
- Anchor locker drains replaced 12/2010
- Loftrans’ Project 1500-USA Version electric reversing anchor windlass with dual controls (deck and remote cockpit). 5/16 short link chain, ½-5/8” rope. Installed 7/2005
- CQR 45# anchor with 30’ chain and 250’ nylon rode (port)
- Delta 55# anchor with 125’ 5/16” BBB chain and nylon rode (stb) chain
- Anchor chain scuff guards – sacrificial pads
- Forespar Whisker Pole
- Mechanical Boom Vang
- Port and Stbd custom teak boards for fuel jugs etc.
- Side stanchions with lifelines
- Bow pulpit with rails and seat
- 406 MHz EPIRB mounted at companionway
- Ship’s bell
- Teak and stainless steel rub rail
- Full cockpit cushions
- Safety hatch board system
- Spreader light
- Cockpit table and helmsman seat with back rest
- Saltwater wash down system with pressure water pump at anchor locker
Bimini Frame & Arch
2010 Custom designed aluminum Bimini canopy and solar panel arch with dingy davits, dingy lift with cam cleats, flag staff holder and MOB holder is very strong and provides an impressive silhouette. Eliminates need for dodger. Equipped with removable 3 piece windshield made of Isinglass with 3 double zippered smile windows, double track sides and aft frames installed for optional addition of cockpit enclosure.
- Coast Guard Safety Package – life jackets, fire extinguishers, flares, horn, whistle
- Safety jack lines (2011)
- Dock lines
- Canvas covers (boots) for all winches and windlass (2010)
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Smoke Detector
- Wet Vac
- Two 10 gallon propane tanks
- Emergency tiller
- CD Player
- Hatch screens – new mesh
- Bug Buster for main hatch 25”x25”
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Oriental Yacht Sales
Wilmington, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States
Wilmington, NC, United States
Oriental, NC, United States