- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stuart, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 498,000
DIANA is a one-owner 1992 Hinckley Sou’wester 52. She was highly customized during the build process, by her extremely experienced and knowledgeable original owner. This 3 stateroom, 2 head vessel, with keel and centerboard is the ideal vessel for extended offshore cruising.
“Diana” has been professionally maintained and stored in the off-season by the Hinckley Boatyard in Stuart, FL.
Specializing in used Hinckley Brokerage Sales on the southern US Atlantic Coast, please contact me, Hinckley Broker Tripper Vincent, Cell: 561-262-3900 or e-mail: email@example.com for information on used Hinckley boats.
Hinckley Brokerage Offices:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095
- STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387
- NAPLES-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Tripper Vincent at 772-403-5387 or cell: 561-262-3900
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
LOA: 51 ft 3 in
Beam: 14 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 0 in
Displacement: 39000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 88 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1992
Engine Model: 4JH2-DTE FWC diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2120
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Stern drive
Engine Power: 88 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 mph
Maximum Speed: 9 mph
Fresh Water Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (120 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
Some unique features that set DIANA apart from other vessels in her class are centerboard-up draft of 5'10", recent hull Awlgrip, a 5-Kw Northern Lights generator, two reverse-cycle air-conditioning systems, water maker, electric winches, raised cockpit bridge deck, diesel tank clean-out ports, additional insulation, teak countertops in the galley, satin-cherry interior with 6' 6" headroom throughout and a custom designed saloon table that can accommodate 10 people.
HULL AND DECK
Custom conventional transom: True LOA = 51’ 3”.
Deck features include:
- Custom stainless steel stemhead with integrated chocks, stainless steel bow and stern pulpits and all stainless steel deck hardware.
- Foredeck teak chafe-guard for chain.
- Bow roller and custom second small portside stem iron anchor roller.
- Polished stainless steel recessed genoa tracks outboard port and starboard.
- Custom stern deck hatch.
- Large lazarette with shelf.
- Transom includes aft corner chocks and taff-rail.
- Large storage locker on the port foredeck for fenders and/or anchor, with shelf for OB motor tank.
- Freshwater deck wash with deck mounted spigot.
- Custom gangway fittings on bow with pipe storage in sail locker.
- Double lifelines and gates.
- Tinted ports.
- All opening ports and hatches have screens.
- Deck hatches with white plexiglass tops.
- Cowl ventilators – includes one in forepeak.
- Forward dorade box with cowl vents has a watertight 12-volt outlet.
Shorthanded sailing cockpit set-up.
Edson pedestal wheel steering includes:
Also easily accessible are the:
Other cockpit features:
- Dodger – Weblon with zipper front window and elkhide covered stainless steel grab rail.
- Cockpit cushions
- Table - Pedestal mounted teak folding table with extension, stores in bag.
- Cockpit speakers
- Stainless steel guard over cockpit screened portlight.
Well-appointed, DIANA has a beautifully finished, varnished cherry interior with an off-white overhead. There is a satin-urethane varnished teak and holly cabin sole that has a built in teak grate and fiberglass pan dustpan. There are varnished cherry integral handrails outboard port and starboard below the portlights throughout.
Layout - Tri-cabin plan includes two heads:
Yacht Entertainment Electronics include:
AFT COMPANIONWAY from the cockpit:
The oiled teak aft companionway steps have:
These steps are movable for access to the insulated generator area.
AFT OWNER’S SUITE:
Down the companionway steps immediately to port is the Owner’s cabin that includes an ensuite head forward. Cabin features include:
The Owner’s Head forward is finished in varnished cherry and has:
MAIN CABIN - The full-width main cabin includes:
Aft starboard, opposite the aft cabin, is the U-shaped GALLEY to starboard of the companionway and handy to the cockpit:
Forward of the galley to starboard, the Nav Station faces aft.
The full-width main salon has a large Dinette area to port and a custom Settee area to starboard that includes the entertainment center.
Large Dinette area has cushioned seating that wraps almost around the custom dining table. This affords plenty of relaxed seating area when entertaining or dining:
PORT FORWARD GUEST CABIN:
Forward of the main salon, this cabin has a solid cherry door to separate it from the rest of the accommodations. A second door forward leads to the forward head that is shared with the starboard guest cabin.
Cabin features include:
FORWARD STARBOARD GUEST CABIN:
This cabin has upper and lower berths and is similar to the port guest cabin with a solid cherry door to separate it from the main salon and a second door forward that leads to the forward head that is shared port guest cabin.
Forward of the two cabins is the two-entry door head that also has a bulkhead door forward for access to forepeak/chain locker storage, that includes a shelf.
The Forward Head is finished in white “easy to clean” fiberglass with teak integrated in the sole.
- ELECTRONICS/NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT:
- Autopilots (2) - Simrad AP-26 Autopilot and Simrad AP-20 Autopilot
- Radar - Furuno 1830 Radar with fluxgate compass
- GPS (2) - Garmin 76 GPS and Magellan Nav DVX 10 handheld GPS - with nav station and helm mounts.
- Datamarine Corinthian Wind Speed, Wind Directon, Depth, Boatspeed.
- SSB - ICOM M-600
- VHF - Raymarine 80
- IRIDIUM Sat Phone
- AIS Radar System
- Metoliner Barograph
- Close haul indicator
- Ritchie compass - cockpit
SAILS & RIGGING
Hood electric stoway double-spreader mast (Light Gray Awlgripped) with preventors and electric cockpit winches that allow shorthanded sailing. Topping lift on the boom and there is a mast bale.
DIANA’s main and genoa halyard winches are on the mast. All others are deck winches.
- Stoway Main sail – (1992), with built-in blocks.
- #3 Genoa – 6.5 oz SR fabric - (1992)
- Trysail - (1992)
- Staysail – Dacron (1992)
- Storm jib – International orange (1992)
- Storm Trysail - International orange (1992)
12-VOLT DC and 110-VOLT AC systems.
Separate heavy-duty 12-Volt battery banks system for the engine and house accessories:
- Engine: 12-volt gel-cell battery – charged by 55-amp alternator.
- House Accessories: (4) 6-volt batteries = 440-amp/hr total. – charged by 140-amp alternator.
- Charging starting and lighting batteries can also be by generator alternator or battery charger.
- Two separate isolated 12-volt batteries – power 24-volt bow thruster with separate breaker and 24-volt charger.
- Battery parallel switch
- Battery Bank Manager II
- 12-volt outlets
110-Volt AC power is supplied by:
- (2) Shore cords - 50-foot, 30-amp
- Sentry 40-amp battery charger with 110-volt outlets and modified circuit breaker panel.
- Generator power.
Northern Lights 5-KW Generator (2,595 hrs 3/21/2014) - in sound enclosure and rubber-mounted, and includes an intake blower. Dual alternator and a remote panel at nav station.
- Heavy copper strapping bonds all circuits, major mechanical components and rigging to the keel for grounding.
- Electrical distribution panel is located in the Nav Station area.
The sound insulated engine compartment is easily accessed. Engine space room has dome lighting. The engine is soft-mounted with Scatra-drive coupling for quiet and vibration free operation. Also rubber-mounted to isolate vibration are the muffler, refrigerator, air conditioning, generator and generator box.
Yanmar 4JH2-DTE 88-hp marine turbo diesel engine with a 2.7:1 reduction gear transmission, stainless steel shaft and 3-blade auto-pitch prop.
- 12-gallon stainless steel hot water tank - with water heated by the engine or 110-volt electrical power.
- Freshwater pump
- Saltwater pump with strainer,
- Balmar pressure pump
- (5) Stainless steel water tanks.
- (2) Heavy-gauge aluminum alloy fuel tanks.
- Custom alcohol tank has pumps removed and valve for air pump.
- 12-volt electric bilge pump and one Whale Gusher 30 manual bilge pump.
- Fiberglass sump tank with electric pump.
- Emergency tiller steering.
- Sea Recovery SRC 600-gal/day watermaker
- Espar D5L forced-air diesel heater, with silencer.
- City water connector.
- Blowers - Engine room and generator compartment.
- (2) Cruisaire reverse-cycle heat/air conditioners – powered by 115-volt AC power via shore cords or via the generator.
Ground Tackle Equipment:
- Transom swim ladder
- Masthead tri-color/strobe light
- Steaming light
- Running lights - International
- Electric 12-volt dual trumpet horns
- Cockpit deck shower – with Simmons mixing valve
- Jack lines
- Flag staff
- Lee cloths
- Covers for (5) hatches, 1 double dorade and 2 single dorade, windlass, electric winch motors.
- Burglar alarm
- (3) Halon fire extinguishers
- MOB light
- MOB pole
- Life jackets
- Life rings - with stainless steel brackets.
- Lensref radar reflector
- Avon 8-man liferaft
- Outboard motor bracket
- Freshwater deck wash
- Varnished teak ensign staff with flush socket mount.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Talaria 55 FB
Stuart, FL, United States
San Juan Yachts
48 Flybridge Sedan
Norfolk, VA, United States
Picnic Boat MK III
Riviera Beach, FL, United States
Stuart, FL, United States
Stuart, FL, United States
Picnic Boat EP
Newport, RI, United States