- View Full Specifications
Extensively refitted Baltic 40
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Savona, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 190,000 Tax Paid (US$ 207,632)
Extensively refitted Judel / Vrolijk & Co Baltic 40 from 1992. Recent teak decks, engine, batteries and repainted rig. An iconic pocket Baltic and arguably one of the prettiest design of all. A fantastic way into modern Baltic ownership without breaking the bank.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd company is based in the United States of America at Rhode Island however the Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
- FRP sandwich construction to the highest specification, using unidirectional rovings and high grade resin to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- End Grain Balsa is used as core material in the sandwich laminate. This in combination with a specially developed unidirectional roving creates a very rigid, strong and light construction.
- A high grade resin is used in the lamination process to create an extremely strong high-tech laminate.
- The combination of sandwich construction, unidirectional fibres and hybrid epoxy resin will make the yacht lighter and last longer. The lighter the yacht is, the more ballast it can carry for a given displacement. Thanks to this, the performance will be better and the yacht will be safer and easier to handle.
- All high stress areas are specially strengthened with a build up of unidirectional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
- Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of a unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density PVC foam core. There are limber holes in floors to allow drainage to sump.
- Main structural bulkheads are built up of marine plywood. Visible surfaces are teak faced.
- Stainless steel through bolted to longitudinal or transverse bulkheads, which are securely bonded to the hull and deck. Plates are provided with backing plates to spread loads adequately. Chain plates are grounded to a keel bolt for lightning protection.
- Incorporated in hull, built up of ud-roving and fabmat around a PVC foam core. Special care is taken to ensure a rigid foundation and correct bonding.
- Fabricated aluminium alloy mast step bolted to re-inforced floors and stringers.
- Deep keel bilge. Access provided as practical to the bilge. There are limber holes in the floor frames to allow drainage to the sump.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid-up moulded Fiberglas with Divinycell foam core for stiffening and insulation and a high density core re-inforcement incorporated in the mounting areas of winches and fittings.
- The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving.
- The deck is through bolted to the hull.
- Teak decks including cockpit and coamings (new 2010)
- Toerail to be in teak. T-track recessed on top of toerail, aft of mast, for multi-purpose sheet take-off points. Stainless steel stanchion bases with strong eyes for sheet take-off points.
- A pulpit and pushpit of best quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom. Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions.
- The life lines are of stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
- The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
- The height of pulpits, stanchions, spacing distance etc. conform to O.R.C. requirements.
- Stainless steel handrail for main companionway is provided. Best quality marine standard hardware and fastenings used throughout.
- Liferaft stowage provided in aft cockpit locker.
Keel & Rudder:
- External fin keel, cast to high accuracy, in lead with added antimony.
- New, bulb-type, keel shape developed, based on extensive tank testing and practical tests on one-off racing yachts. Keel performance is optimised.
- The lower center of gravity gives higher stability with added speed and power but also makes the boat easier to handle. Lower center of gravity also increases the boats resistance against knock downs hence making the boat safer and adds seaworthiness.
- The keel is through bolted to the hull by cast-in stainless steel keel bolts
- The cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from Fiberglas and filled with PVC-foam. Foam filling under high pressure in special strengthened mould.
- The rudder stock is made of high strength, S-glass - Epoxy construction using "Vacu-Press" manufacturing system. The rudder stock is is tapered and dimensioned to the corresponding bending moments in order to minimise weight. The rudder stock passes through self aligning roller bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull.
Engine & gearbox:
- Lombardini 40hp diesel engine – fitted 2010
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Flexfold folding propeller - 2010
- The propeller shaft is made of corrosion resistant steel AISI 329 The outboard end is supported with a stainless steel IOR-type shaft strut including rubber bearings. The stuffing box has a hose connection to the stern tube.
- The steering is provided by a light weight "destroyer type" wheel The wheel is made of stainless steel, welded and polished construction. Baltic custom made pedestal.
- The steerer has sprockets and non magnetic chains leading to steering cables. The steering cables are stainless steel wire and the cable sheaves have a score diameter of not less than 20 times the wire diameter.
- The steering sheaves are mounted on brackets securely bonded to the structure.
- One aluminium alloy tube emergency tiller, storage in cockpit locker.
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or inverter
- 1x 80Ah 12vDC engine start battery - 2009
- 3x 100Ah 12vDC service batteries - 2009
- 4x 6v cell service batteries joined in series and parallel to supply 450Ah - 2013
- Battery charger
- 220v inverter
- 120Ah Engine-mounted alternator
- Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
- Deck shower
- 2x manual bilge pumps
- 12v electric bilge pump
- All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
- Tanks are pressure tested.
- Tank shut-offs provided.
- A waterseparator is installed on the fuel line.
- The fuel tank has a single deck fill
- The fresh water tank has a single deck fill. T
- The tanks are securely laminated to the hull and foamed in for rigidity and sound insulation.
- 120 litre fuel capacity in 1x tank
- 240 litre fresh water capacity in 3x tanks (120+80+40)
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G Hydra Speed Wind Depth 1 analogue + 2 digital multifunction
- B&G Hydrapilot autopilot – updated 2006
- B&G Fluxgate compass
- GPS INTERPHASE chartplotter - 2003
- PC with screen LCD-TV + navigation programm LogBook and Interface
- Electronic charts C-Map Wide
- VHF SHIPMATE RS 8000
- Icom PCR1000 SSB Navtex interfaced PC
- Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Fresh and sea water foot pumps
- Stainless steel 3-burner ALPES propane stove with oven
- Stainless steel refrigerator with 12V/DC Frigoboat refrigeration system
- 1x Baby Blake manual marine heads - 2005
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Stereo with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Forward cabin with V-berth, storage underneath, countertop.
- Next aft is the salon with centerline drop leaf dining table, U- shaped settee to port, U-shaped settee to starboard, cabinets and shelves outboard above backrests
- Next aft to port is the U-shaped walk through galley
- Oposite the galley is the nav. Station
- The head with shower is located on starboard side aft of the nav station
- Aft cabin on port with queen sized double berth, hanging locker and seat.
- Joinery work is to the highest standard.
- All joinery is teakfaced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping.
- The joinery is varnished throughout.
- Visible surfaces are varnished and handrubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
- All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops.
- Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
- Canvas leecloths provided for berths in owner's stateroom and guest cabins.
- Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights, quality and colour for curtains according to samples.
- Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
- Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
- Teak gratings in head.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer.
- Access to bilge provided where practical.
- Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
- Proctor keel-stepped mast – repainted white Awlgrip and overhauled – 2010
- Discontinuos rod nitronix standing rigging – 2003
- Navtec hydraulic backstay – revised 2006
- Aluminium boom
- Carbon bowsprit – 2006
- Spectra running rigging – 2003/4
- Harken genoa furler
- Spinlock rope clutches
- Lazyjacks for mainsail
- Lewmar winch package
- 2x 54AST 2-speed self-tailing primary winches
- 2x 48AST 2-speed self-tailing secondary winches
- 3x 40AST 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet and control line winches
- 2x 43CST 2-speed self-tailing halyard winches
- 1x 40CST 2-speed self-tailing halyard winch
- Zaoli Rox System Mylar/Kevlar regatta mainsail - 2003/5
- Zaoli Rox System Mylar/Kevlar regatta genoa – 2003/5
- Zaoli Rox System Pentex Dacron cruising mainsail – 2003/5
- Zaoli Rox System Pentex Dacron cruising genoa – 2003/5
- Dacron storm jib
- Gennaker with sock
- Double stainless lifelines.
- Bathing platform and ladder
- Carbon Pasarelle
- Tender (2004) with Mercury 5hp outboard (2005)
- Full safety equipment
- 8-man canister liferaft (service status not warranted)
Covers & Canvas:
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans 1,000w windlass
- 15kg Bruce anchor
- 60m anchor chain
Lying Savona - Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Baltic Yachts
Designer: Judel Vrolijk
Flag of Registry: Italy
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 12.0 m
Beam: 3.88 m
LWL: 9.98 m
Minimum Draft: 2.18 m
Maximum Draft: 2.18 m
Displacement: 6800 kgs
Ballast: 2800 kgs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Lombardini
Year Built: 2010
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Stainless steel (240 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (120 Liters)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
San Giorgio di Nogaro, Italy
San Remo, Italy