- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Seattle, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 395,000
It is not very often that a yacht like MITHRANDIR appears on the market. Built by the renowned Alden Yard in Portsmouth, RI, she represents the best of the best in construction quality, finish, and safety. The current owners have cruised her for over 100,000 miles spending much of their time in the South Pacific, but also voyages into Alaska, and throughout British Colombia. The addition of the hard dodger by the Franklin yard in New Zealand has added a whole measure of safety and comfort. She has been expertly maintained and up-graded along the way as the listing will detail.
Sail handling is effortless from the protected cockpit in up to 30 knots of wind speed. She is a powerful cruiser that will take you wherever in the world you would like to go in comfort.
MITHRANDIR represents a once in lifetime opportunity to start the journey of a lifetime at a bargain price. There is simply nothing like her on the market today that is “turn key” ready to voyage at this price point.
Not for sale in Canadian waters.
For more information please contact:
Ted Robie: 561.653.1932 (office), 561.307.9104 (cell) or email@example.com
Don Kohlmann: 206.223.3624 (office), 206.708.5770 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Ted Robie at 561.653.1932
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Alden Yachts
LOA: 54 ft 1 in
Beam: 14 ft 4 in
LWL: 41 ft 8 in
Length on Deck: 54 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 7 in
Displacement: 42500 lbs
Ballast: 17700 lbs
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: W100
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 9100
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Fresh Water Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (268 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
ACCOMMODATIONS AND LAYOUT
Sail locker with separate chain locker forward accessed from the forward deck hatch, 31"X 31" and separated from the living accommodations by a watertight bulkhead. Aft of the bulkhead a large head is shared by the two guest cabins using separate entrances. Aft of hanging lockers the identical port and starboard guest cabins feature upper and lower berths with lee cloths. The upper bunks fold down to create a comfortable sitting area. Double doors in the fore aft bulkhead separating the cabins can be secured open or closed as needed providing adaptable accommodation options. For example with a couple as guests onboard the opened doors provide a large stateroom again with several sleeping options.
The main salon immediately aft of the forward cabins features a U-shaped dining settee to starboard. Ample passage secure bookshelves above the starboard settee reach outboard to the teak lined hull below the main salon windows. To port another settee features passage secure wine glass storage behind custom designed stained glass cabinet doors above and outboard. Directly aft of the wine glass cabinet an Apple IMac computer sits behind a custom designed roll up desk top. Next aft a second stain glass window door cabinet contains the entertainment system and additional storage. Both settees slide out to form double berths. The dining table has fold up leaves reaching both settees and lots of storage in the pedestal base. A key feature of the Alden design provides an eye level view of the outdoors in either the galley or the main salon.
The U-shaped galley is to starboard aft of the settee. It features a three burner Force 10 stove with oven and broiler, a Grunnert holding plate refrigerator and separate freezer system (1* Please refer to note 1 at the end of this section), a microwave oven and trash compactor. The double stainless steel sinks have a soap dispenser installed and a foot pump with a separate fresh water Aqua Pure charcoal filter to back up the pressure water system. A second foot pump provides seawater to the galley or pumps out the fridge by turning the fitted Y valve. The Sea Recovery 35 gal-per-hour reverse osmosis watermaker control panel is located on the aft bulkhead above the fridge/freezer compartments (1). Back splashes are white laminate and galley counters are granite look Corian. The galley is fully outfitted for gourmet cooking.
To port and aft of the main salon is the forward facing navigation station with chart table, seat, storage and instrument displays. The navigation station is fully outfitted for offshore passages and/or coastal cruising. (1)
Aft of the Nav station a passage leads by the main engine access panel, the wet locker and an ensuite head to the full width owner’s stateroom. A centerline queen size berth has drawers under. Port and starboard of the berth are cedar lined clothes and hanging lockers. A washer /dryer is located on the starboard side of the forward bulkhead in the aft cabin.
Finish throughout is satin varnished teak, with satin finished teak and holly cabin sole. (1)
Note 1. This vessel has been maintained both professionally and by the current owners since it was purchased in 1998. Specific upgrades, replacements, major refits and information on maintenance schedules will be outlined in the relevant following sections or made available during the sale process.
Electronics Navigation Communication
- B&G Hercules 690 sailing instruments package
- Hydra & Hercules auto pilot. Primary auto pilot linked into B&G system includes cockpit pilot display and hand held controller (1999).
- Robertson AP2000DL auto pilot. Completely independent of primary auto pilot and 690 sailing instruments allows it to function as a true stand-alone back up steering system.
- Furuno Navnet system includes Furuno 1833C marine radar (nav station), Furuno 1833C marine plotter (cockpit), Furuno GPS/WAAS GP32 Navigator (nav station), Furuno GPS Receiver model GP-320B, Furuno PG 500 integrated heading sensor, Furuno multi display RD 30 (aft cabin) and current Jeppeson CMap chart cartridges for Puget Sound to Icy Straight SE Alaska (2005)
- Vesper Marine AIS Watchmate with nav station independent display (nav station) (2013)
- PC based Max Sea Time Zero navigator software, with routing module enabled, linked to Vesper AIS and Furuno GP32 GPS (2013)
- Standard Horizon VHF radio Model No. Quantum GX23605 with remote cockpit microphone (2005)
- Standard Horizon Submersible hand held VHF radio
- ICOM IC-M710 MF/HF Transceiver with Auto tuner and with Pactor #3 Modem for Winlink and Sailmail (2005)
- 12 volt DC; 120 volt AC ship systems
- Sun Extender PVX-12150HT AGM house battery bank 1215 amp hrs (2012)
- Engine/Gen starting batteries (2) Vision 6FM150 12 volt 300 amp hrs (2005)
- Northern Lights generator M773LK 9KW 60Hz - 08/16 hours 5444 (2003)
Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2500 sine wave inverter charger combination with generator support provides power to 120 volt ship system and 100 amp charging to 12 volt battery systems. A remote control and monitoring display is conveniently located aft of the electrical panel. Charger input 90-135 VAC 45 to 65 Hz, Output 12 VDC 100 amp. Inverter input 12VDC 200A, Output 120 VAC 50/60 Hz (2011).
- Mastervolt Mass 12/80 and Mastervolt Mass 12/60 battery chargers. Input 230V or 117V 50-60 Hz. Output 12VDC 80A/60A.
- Mastervolt Mass Sine 12/500 inverter. Input 12VDC, Output 230 VAC 50Hz.
- Currently the Mastervolt 12/2500 inverter charger runs off 120 V input from the generator or the 120 V shore power connection. The two Mastervolt Mass 12/80 and 12/60 chargers run off 240 input from the generator or the 240 volt 50-60 Hz shore power connection used for example in New Zealand or Europe.
- The W100 Westerbeke main engine has two alternators, Bosch 85 amp BXU 1285 (2002) and a Prestolite Leece Neville 90amp (2010). A Balmar Max Charge 512 Smart Regulator is installed.
- An upgraded electrical panel with digital meters and alarm annunciators and a BT300 battery capacity manager by CDM systems enable simple accurate electrical system monitoring (1999)
- A 120V shore power connection provides 30/50 amp service with a 50ft cord, a 25ft extension and several dockside adapters. A 75ft 240V cord enables connection through the installed 240V inlet.
- A Fusion AM/FM IPOD capable stereo radio and Alpine Amplifier with a Sirius Controller Display in the Nav station
Deck Hull and Custom Modification
Hull color is Alden Blue with a recessed gold cove stripe Insignia white boot stripe. Deckhouse is Insignia white. Nonskid surface is Seattle grey. All surfaces including the hull and spars were painted in 1998 by Alden when the current owner purchased the vessel and again in 2005 by Franklins Boatyard Waikawa New Zealand. The 2005 refit by Franklins included new ceilings and an interior top to bottom varnish. New teak decks were installed by Franklins Boatyard in 2008. The vacuum bagged epoxy bonded decks used the top available grade of Super Yacht teak. Teak cockpit seats and floor were also replaced.
In 2012 a custom designed hard dodger was added by Franklins Boatyard. The extensive refit project is a testimony to the design and boat building skill of the Franklin team and their ability to transfer into reality what the owners learned in 15 years and 100,000 miles. Functional design improvements prioritizing offshore safety included modifications to running rigging control systems allowing control from the cockpit under all conditions. The redesigned cockpit utilizes three new stainless steel Anderson 48ST self-tailing winches, two five sheath Harken deck controllers and 11 Spinlock jammers to bring control of all running rigging including spectra runners into the safety of the cockpit night and day.
- Aluminum toe rail
- Stainless steel cradle for six person RFD liferaft with automatic release. Service and Inspection 05/16. Next inspection 05/18.
- European style bow pulpit with gate
- Amstel spectra lifelines with aluminum hardware (2014)
- Harken “Big Boat” traveler system
- Cockpit cushions (2013)
- Lexan storm shutters for port and starboard main salon windows
- Masthead Tricolor, spreader, running, steaming, foredeck, boom and cockpit lights (2009/2012)
- Fiberglass deck box on aft deck (2012)
- Lifeline gates port and starboard
Sails and Rigging
A new Hood Yacht System mast with electric mainsail furling was installed in 1998 when the current owner purchased the boat. All standing and running rigging was replaced at the Alden yard in Portsmouth RI. Navtec Rod rigging was used exclusively. A Harken headsail furling system and new Doyle sails included a No. 2 and No. 3 genoa, a 1.5 ounce spinnaker and a furling mainsail. In 2001 a North G2 Spinnaker from North Sails Vancouver was added. In 2003 a Doyle spectra mainsail and 110% spectra genoa were added in Auckland. In 2009 a permanent staysail stay with a Harken MKIV Furler and North Sails Super yacht laminate staysail was installed by Waikawa Rigging and North Sails in New Zealand. Waikawa Rigging performed regular rigging inspections and completed all recommended repairs from 2008 to 2013. In 2014 the Doyle 110% genoa after damage on the Samoa Fanning Island passage was replaced in Hawaii with a 115% North Sails Super Yacht carbon fiber laminate. Current sail inventory: Doyle spectra mainsail (2003), North spectra carbon staysail (2009), North spectra carbon 115% genoa (2014), lightly used North G2 spinnaker (2001), and a storm trysail (1992).
- Spinnaker Pole mounted on mast with Hood Yacht System Line Driver Pole Lift
- There are two Barient 27 self-tailing winches mounted on the mast; two Barient 36 electric two speed self-tailing genoa winches; one Barient 27 main sheet winch and three Anderson 48ST (2012) self-tailing cockpit winches and seventeen Spinlock Jammers (2005 to 2012)
- Storm Trysail track with Halyard
Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- Westerbeke W100 naturally aspirated 6 cylinder diesel with Aquadrive CVA(08/16, 9100 hrs)
- Prelube pump with oil change provision (replaced 2006)
- Double Racor fuel filters
- Groco fuel transfer pump
- Three blade Max Prop (serviced by PSI 2002)
- New stainless steel Aquamet 22 shaft (2010 NZ)
- Seafire auto fire suppression system in engine room (2013)
- Northern Lights LK773 9kw generator (2003)
- Navtec hydraulic control pump and display in cockpit controls boom vang, backstay and neutral buoyancy centerboard
- Grunert engine driven refrigeration compressor with one holding plate in refrigerator compartment and two in separate freezer compartment (2016 system leak tested, new compressor installed and coolant switched to R134A)
- Grunert 120VAC refrigeration compressor uses the same holding plates as engine driven system, cools the same boxes but operates completely independent of engine driven system (new compressor installed in 2015 refrigerant changed to R404A)
- Webasto Air EVO 5500 forced air thermostat controlled multi cabin diesel heating system (2012)
- Sea Recovery 600 SRC 35 gal per hour watermaker. Continually maintained and upgraded including new membranes, high pressure pump, control panel etc. Detailed maintenance records available. Fresh water rinse for membranes. High pressure pump rewired to 220 volt.
- Hot and cold fresh water shower in cockpit
- Pressure sea water wash system on foredeck
- Maxwell 3500 anchor windlass with remote cockpit and foredeck control and spare motor.
- 300 feet 3/8 chain (2010)
- Rocna 33 kilo primary anchor
- CQR 60 lbs anchor
- Fortress 44 lbs anchor
- Fire extinguishers mounted throughout the interior
- Carbon dioxide and smoke detectors
- EPIRB ACR 406 with hydrostatic release
- Overboard bag with EPIRB, manual water maker, food, water, necessary supplies and equipment
- Avon dinghy (1998) with 15 hp Yamaha (2008)
- Gale Rider sea anchor harness and line
- Custom shade covers for hard dodger windows
- Custom built storage cover
- Bimini shade cover including stainless poles, Sunbrella cover and extension forward to mast with battens
- Den Hann trawler lamp in main salon
- Extensive spare parts inventory
Tools not specific to the boat, art work, personal items
Not for sale in Canadian waters
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.