- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 395,000
MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION TO STIMULATE IMMEDIATE SALE
This latest price reduction makes Crescent Moon one of the best bargains on the market.
Should you be looking for a superior quality cruising yacht with a truly luxurious interior, three staterooms, aft cabin, UN-replicable pedigree, access to shallow water yet offshore capable, fast, cruise-able and race-able, do not miss this wonderful yacht.
One of the best of the Little Harbor fleet, the Little Harbor 52 design enjoys applause world wide. Her Delta form under-body offers shallow draft, for access to more cruising areas while still performing admirably and with great stability. She offers performance, aesthetics, comfort, safety, luxury, and is truly top of her class.
She is far and away, excellent in all respects.
Crescent Moon, originally called Freestyle, was built with a nearly unlimited budget.
With the exception of her exterior varnish, she shows in as an example of a proper yacht.
With three spacious staterooms, two heads-both with showers, salon with hull ports and impressive open-ness, an excellent cockpit, spacious light blond teak interior, purposefully designed for comfort, this special yacht will bring you and your family to cruising grounds of the world in style and comfort.
A very special yacht, her family heirloom quality will impress provided the . With some paint work and varnish performed she will offer immediate enjoyment, and will show her true colors to your family, offering a lifetime of family memories.
Please note, when in photos section of listing, click on the lower case "i" in top left corner for more details about that particular photo
Please contact Dana Davidson at 4019651684
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 52 ft 3 in
Beam: 15 ft 3 in
LWL: 41 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 52 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 11 ft 9 in
Displacement: 56450 lbs
Ballast: 18500 lbs
Total Power: 100 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: IB Diesel
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2490
Engine Power: 100 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (320 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (210 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Accomodations and Layout
Elegant and open interior plan sleeping six in three private staterooms with two heads and two stall showers. Large aft cabin with rare centerline queen bed. Single pass-thru layout. The interior is satin varnished teak. The soles are solid teak and holly, and have been freshly sanded and varnished. The interior overhead is offwhite Formica with teak trim. Shelving, bookshelves and teak handholds are found throughout the interior. Full length mirrors are installed in each stateroom. Ventilation is excellent with stainless opening ports and Manship/Hood deck hatches. Lighting is provided by Danmark brand direct fixtures along with indirect lighting.
Her entire interior cabin sole is removable and has positive latches for security along with catches to secure every piece to the floor frames.
The forward cabin features a very large V-berth with filler. Storage is provided by four drawers, seven lockers, a hanging locker and storage under the berth. Very nice lighting, ventilation hatches and elegant finishes. There are aircraft style lockers in the corners of the hull and deck.
Aft to port is the forward head with a shower stall. The head is accessible from the passageway, thus a day head, and privately from the forward cabin. A linen locker is outboard of the shower, with five additional lockers within the head.
To starboard is the second guest cabin, featuring upper and lower berths. Storage includes a hanging locker, three drawers and seven lockers. There is a nicely framed mirror. The lower berth is nearly a double sized berth.
The Master cabin is aft and features a centerline queen berth with foam mattress. Settees are on each side of the bed. The berth and seat tops are Formica lined with access to storage below. Ample storage includes six drawers, six lockers and a large hanging locker. Thru-hull port lights accentuate the interior of the cabin, yielding a unique open-ness un-common in a 50-something footer. A deck hatch and four opening portholes provide light and ventilation. The private ensuite head and large shower stall includes an additional hanging locker and six storage lockers. The counter is dark green marble.
Electronics and Navigation
- ICOM M-120 VHF
- ICOM M-800 SSB with antenna coupler
- Ham radio, ICOM 706 with antenna coupler
- EPIRB, by Alden electronics new 2003
- Cell phone antenna
- New CP-590 GPS-Plotter at helm, mounted on custom pod secured to the pedestal
- C Map system for all USA and Caribbean
- IBM Thinkpad (Nobeltec Laptop PC program) connected to GP36 systems tied to GPS system at helm, and thru separate serial connection, to GPS at Nav Station
- Robertson AP 300 autopilot with remote at helm and hand held
- Furuno 1833 radars, dual stations forward part of cockpit and chart table
- (2) Furuno FP36 GPS (Cockpit display 2005)
- Furuno Nav display
- Navnet 1833
- B&G Hydra 330 Oceanpack with two 20/20 displays, multi display and 360 degree analog wind in cockpit and multi-display at nav station
- Dytek 500 sea water temp gauge
- Flat screen TV, with High Definition digital adapter—thru antenna
- Six Disc CD/DVD Clarion
- A/D/S 6 channel amplifier
- Two pairBoston Acoustics speakers (main salon, owner's cabin)
- One pair BABB water proof cockpit speakers
The yacht’s DC electrical supply is 12 volt supplied by six heavy-duty gel cell type house batteries, with a total capacity of 1200 amp hours. Batteries were replaced in 2007. An independent 200 amp-hour battery is dedicated to engine starting.
House batteries are charged by a 135 amp engine alternator and Engine generator and bow thruster batteries are charged by a second 135 amp alternator. All batteries can also be charged by a 12-volt, 100 amp Ultima II automatic battery charger run off the generator or shore power.
All ship’s wiring is of tinned copper wire run in a PVC conduit system from bow to stern. Access for service or additional wiring installation is made easy at load center junctions concealed by a watertight cover. All wires are colored and numbered for easy identification.
AC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: The yacht’s AC electrical is 110 volt at 60 cycles frequency. AC power is supplied by two 50-amp shore power inlets. AC power is also supplied by an 1800 watt DC Heart Interface power inverter/charger or by an 8 kW Westerbeke generator (1211 hours). AC functions include water heater, battery charger, refrigeration, electrical outlets, inverter, microwave oven, ice maker, etc. There are two main switch panels located in the vicinity of the nav station. Other features include:
- Main DC and AC breakers
- 33 DC branch circuit breakers with back lighting
- 11 DC branch circuit breakers with back lighting
- Battery test meters
- Reverse polarity indicators
- DC and AC voltage and load current meters
- Variable speed fans installed in main salon and at each berth
- Automatic on/off switches for hanging locker and refrigerator/freezer lights
- GFCI AC outlets in heads and galley
- Waterproof 12 volt outlet at the steering pedestal
- Engine, rudder post, mast step, chainplates and seacocks are grounded to a 6 inch copper strap, glassed to hull, running from bow to stern on both sides of hull
- Electrolysis protection is provided by zinc anodes installed on the propeller shaft and inside the centerboard trunk
- Copper screening fiberglassed into hull for radio antenna ground
- Separate grounding bar installed for electronics
- 24 V DC Bowthruster by ARCTURUS
The deck is constructed of FRP with Divinycell H-80 foam core for strength and stiffness. In areas where deck equipment is installed, core is replaced with Divinycell H-200 high-density foam. Hand-laid teak foredeck, side decks, cockpit sole and aft deck.
- Teak drip rail along cabin side and wrapped around front and back of cabin
- Teak handrails
- Solid teak cockpit backrests
- Solid teak framed Lexan companionway hatch slides
- Teak/Lexan sliding companionway hatch with teak faced FRP sprayhood to house instruments.
- Stainless steel opening portholes with screens
- Stainless steel deck hatches – all hatches have had new acrylic lights 2011
- Stainless steel cowl vents
- Flush deck prisms installed where extra natural light is needed below
- Harken stainless steel padeyes
- Stainless steel roller-bearing deck and fairlead blocks
- 6 stainless steel mooring cleats
- 2 genoa fairlead cars and 4 eye cars.
- Varnished teak outboard mount with stainless cover plates
- Custom stainless outboard motor davit, removable with tackle system
- Hot/cold shower in flush stern locker
- Custom fold-down stern ladder with stainless frame and teak steps
- Givens 6-man Life raft with mini-EPIRB-fully serviced in 2010, valise painted awlgriped 2010 in sea foam green
- Anchor windlass
- 66 lb Bruce anchor w/250' chain rode
- Fortress 55 lb secondary anchor with rode and chain
- Dock lines
- Fender boards
- Teak removable side step
- Custom dodger with roll-up front and elkhide grab bar
- Bimini with window over helmsman and storage boot
Sails and Rigging
- Hood Electric Stoway aluminum mast and boom, white Awlgrip, 2004
- Hood 4880 Seafurl manual headstay system
- Staysail package
- Full spinnaker package
- Navtec insulated backstay
- TV antenna mounted on mast
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang and backstay with failsafe turnbuckle and two-function panel in cockpit
- Storm trysail track
- Spreader lights
- Harken mainsheet traveler system
- North furling main, 2004 Nordac
- North genoa, 2004 Nordac
- North Storm jib new condition
- Storm trysail new condition
- Spinnaker Assymetrical (green, white, baby blue colors) with a snuffer sleeve
- spinnaker pole
- Two #32 ST-PW-S electric primaries
- One #32 ST-PW-S electric outhaul
- One #32 ST-PW-S electric mainsheet
- Two #27 ST-S secondaries
- Three #21 ST-S halyard winches
- Bimini (2011)
- Dodger (2011)
- Leather turnbuckles
Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- Westerbeke 108B freshwater-cooled diesel engine, 100 hp, 2490 Hours as of November 2011; Borg-Warner gear box with reduction of 1.19:1 pushing a 21 inch Diameter MaxProp feathering 3-blade propeller
- 1 ½ inch Aquamet stainless shaft
- Racor fuel filter
- (2) Electric bilge pumps
- (2) Manual bilge pumps
- Royal Flush electric toilet in each head with discharge into FRP holding tank and by-pass for direct overboard discharge and Sealand maceration-type pump
- Refrigeration Systems: Grunnert combination engine driven 110-volt refrigerator and freezer system with 2 independent compressors and dual-refrigerant lines in the holdover plates, upgraded in 2009
- Edson pedestal wheel steering
- Groco Paragon fresh water pump
- Groco Paragon salt water pump
- Arcturus Force 10 bow thruster (24 volt)
One of the best Hood designs, Crescent Moon is in what can only be described as excellent condition all around. She is very much a turn key yacht, having been lovingly cared for her entire life. Originally conceived and built by a very well known owner with a large budget for the best gear, she has always been cared for at the highest level and for that reason is considered, at her pricing, to be a superb offering.
Crescent Moon has been used summers only in New England and Northern waters. Early on in her career she won her class in the Newport to Bermuda Race. Since then, Crescent Moon has been used for family cruising by meticulous owners. In 2002, a custom Ted Fontaine designed rudder with a carbon fiber stock was added to improve finger tip steering. Along with recent electronics, deck/non-skid paint, continuous varnish work she lacks nothing but new ownership.
She is easily shorthanded and has access to shallower waters few 50 footers have the privilege or convenience. She is also ready in every way for her next owner to enjoy safe, comfortable cruising in a boat that will turn heads in any port.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning, approx. 30,000 BTU with 3 separate zones for owner, salon and guests
- Varnished teak outboard mount with stainless cover plates
- Custom storage for glasses, china, bottles, etc. in galley
- Bar area in salon
- Engine oil change pump'
- Weather boards for cockpit
- Exhaust fan for galley/head
- (5) ½ inch Marguard tinted Lexan topside windows in main salon
- (2) ½ inch Marguard tinted Lexan windows in owner's cabin
- First aid kit
- Suede quilted mast cover
- Crew covers for main salon upholstery
- Custom quilts fitted sheets, pillow shams and throw pillows