- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- St. John, Virgin Islands (US)
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 730,000
ARTEMIS was designed and built as a Ketch and features a Kevlar hull and deck, balanced spade rudder, carbon fibre spars, and many sail combinations that combine for light, responsive sailing while her hydraulic furling gear and winches make her easy to handle. This boat was designed to be sailed by the owner without need for liveaboard crew.
ARTEMIS is not dependent on dockside amenities. With her generator, water maker, shaft alternator, washer and dryer and large comfortable staterooms, this is a yacht for exploring remote corners of the world.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales for over 33 years, please call me, Bob Pooler (Brokerage Manager): 207-244-5531 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the used Hinckley power or sailboat market.
Hinckley Brokerage Offices:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095
- STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387
- NAPLES-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Bob Pooler at 207-244-5531
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 59 ft 3 in
Beam: 15 ft 6 in
LWL: 44 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 12 ft 3 in
Displacement: 63000 lbs
Ballast: 23250 lbs
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1991
Engine Model: 6-354M 6-cylinder FWC diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 8000
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 135 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 mph
Maximum Speed: 8 mph
Fresh Water Tanks: (193 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (306 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2
Number of single berths: 4
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
ARTEMIS is a Flag Blue, double spreader, hydraulic stoway ketch rigged cruiser. She features a 3-private Staterooms, 3 Heads interior layout plan that is finished in gloss varnished cherry and has reverse-cycle air conditioning and separate Espar heat. Continually updated, she has New 2013 batteries and Doyle stoway mizzen sail and new 2014 radar.
HULL and DECK
- Hinckley Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides.
- White gelcoat deck with Buff gelcoat non-skid.
- Gold leaf cove, name and hail.
- White Awlgrip double, tapered bootstripe.
- All exterior teak is varnished.
- Micon 66-Red coated hull bottom, applied over the original Copperclad.
- Hull is hand-laid laminate of isophthalic resins with knit hybrid Kevlar/E-glass fabric. This DuPont Kevlar® composite greatly increases hull strength against collision and abrasion. A 1” Airex foam core is vacuum-bagged into the laminate to provide the greatest degree of stiffness and thermal/acoustic insulation. Skin coat is vinylester resin. Deck is also Kevlar/E-glass with vacuum bagged, cross linked closed cell PVC core. The core is deleted and replaced with solid Kevlar/E-glass in way of all penetration and stress areas.
- Deck is bonded to a 7 ¼” flange with reinforced polyester compound and through-bolted on 8” centers.
- Ballast package is a 23,000 lb. external lead keel secured with 1 1/8” stainless steel bolts.
- The centerboard is fitted with a slot closure device to close the slot when the board is down to minimize turbulence and drag.
- Elliptical balanced spade rudder.
- All exterior varnish - stripped + 10 coats - 2009
- Hinckley bow roller on stainless steel stem iron
- Teak inlay foredeck chain guard
- Large translucent hatch covers
- (2) Deck prisms
- Large dorade cowl vents
- Recessed genoa tracks
- Stainless steel polished turnbuckle covers
- (2) Deck washes - 12-volt saltwater wash for anchor & fresh water deck wash down.
- Shower: Lazarette mounted hot-cold shower.
- Simpson full-size stainless davits for dinghy
Deck lights: Both spreader and foredeck lights controlled from cockpit
Cockpit helm has a pedestal-mounted large, stainless steel "destroyer-type" steering wheel with an elkhide covered rim.
- Custom instrument pod
- Teak cockpit table - refinished 2009.
- Dodger - Sunbrella cockpit dodger with elk-covered grab rails.
- Awning - Sunbrella sun awning over helm (free standing).
- Awning - Additional 2-piece awning that extends from foremast to mizzen boom
- Cockpit cushions - Sunbrella (2014)
- Pedestal and wheel cover - Sunbrella.
- Cockpit boom light - recessed flood light in boom over cockpit table
ARTEMIS sleeps eight in a three-private cabin interior with three-heads in the main salon. Interior is finished in gloss varnished cherry.
- Cabin soles are solid splined teak and holly.
- Leather and fabric upholstery throughout including curtains, custom bedding, and cabin sole coverings for protection offshore.
- New 2009 cushions for the dinette and interior curtains.
- Marine Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning
- Espar D7LK cabin heater
Starting forward, a large Forepeak with line stowage and separate compartments for chain and rode are accessed through doors in the forward bulkhead. Access to the deck is provided by a fold-away custom ladder through an oversized foredeck hatch in the shower room.
FORWARD HEAD: (Immediately next Aft)
- This full head serves the starboard Guest Cabin.
- Avonite Rose Quartz countertop with stainless steel sink
- Electric Royal Flush saltwater pressure head to holding tank.
- Separate stall shower
STARBOARD GUEST CABIN:
- Large double berth with a single berth over
- Two cedar-lined hanging lockers
PORT CREW or SECOND GUEST CABIN:
- Cabin is separated by a double sound insulated bulkhead
- Over and under berths
- Immediately aft of the port guest cabin is a Day Head
- Avonite White Agate countertop with stainless steel sink
- Manual Skipper head to holding tank
- This head also serves the second Guest Cabin.
This full-width cabin is finished in high gloss cherry:
DINETTE - to port:
- Gimballed drop-leaf cherry dining table
- L-shaped cushioned seating for five.
- The settee is upholstered in blue leather.
NAV STATION - to starboard:
Immediately opposite the dining table to starboard is the Nav Station. This focal point is equipped with the latest electronics and computer navigational equipment.
- A swivel, reclining nav chair with ottoman - provides extreme working flexibility and seating at the nav station or for socializing in the main salon.
- Custom space for computer and monitor
- Various mechanical, electical and remote engine instrument readouts.
Aft to port of the cockpit companionway is the U-shaped Galley with a White Corian countertop, triangulated for easy access to sink, refrigerator/freezer, and stove/oven.
- Built-in microwave oven
- Refrigerator is both top and front-opening.
- Custom pass-through to the cockpit
- Galley has excellent ventilation, light, and countertop work space.
AFT WALKTHROUGH Companionway: This companionway to the Aft Cabin is to starboard of the center cockpit companionway steps. Immediately outboard and just aft of the Nav Station is a cedar-lined wet locker and Splendide washer-dryer (New 2009).
Continuiing aft is a workbench with teak working surface, removable vice, and tool storage underneath.
- Chart stowage drawer is also in this location.
- Second trash receptacle.
Inboard, immediately across from the workbench is the walk-in Engine Room that is beautifully organized, well lit, and ventilated. Particular care has been taken to insure ease of service to all systems and the cockpit sole (which is the overhead) can be removed to change a main engine or generator.
- There is custom tool storage on the engine room door.
AFT OWNER’s SUITE:
This cabin has both a single and double berth, large cedar closet, bureau and a convertible barrel chair for comfortable reading. A separate companionway leads up to the afterdeck.
The Owner’s Head is separated from the cabin by a sound-insulated bulkhead.
Avonite Rose Quartz countertop with stainless steel sink and generous use of mirrors create an elegant feel.
The separate stall shower has an opening port for light, air and ventilation.
Electric Royal Flush saltwater pressure head to holding tank
Full Brookes & Gatehouse Hercules 690 system: With fluxgate compass, twin speed transducers, barometric pressure sensor, inclinometer, and air and water temperature sensors. Two 20/20 displays, three analogues and a full function display in cockpit. Complete repetition at Nav Station and one full function in Owner’s cabin.
- B&G Hydro-Pilot Autopilot
- Simrad Autopilot with remote (NEW 2014)
- Garmin 18X HD Radar (NEW 2014)
- Furuno 1830 Radar with two displays: One in cockpit, slave at nav station
- lcom M-800 SSB
- lcom M-604 VHF
- Furuno Weather Fax
- Global Star Sat Phone and handset
- Garmin 741 touch screen Chartplotter (2014) - binnacle mounted
- Garmin 5212 GPS touch screen MFD Chartplotter - nav station
- AIS - Watch Mate
- Dactor Modem
- HP ink-jet printer
- Stereo: Alpine stereo receiver/cassette player with CDX-A30 10-disk magazine, ADS speakers in main salon, aft cabin, and two Boston Acoustic speakers with cockpit volume control.
- All ship's batteries = Three battery banks (Total 9 NEW batteries - 2013).
- Service battery bank - (Four) 12-volt AGM batteries for the ship’s service
- Start battery - (One) for the main engine and generator.
- Hydraulics bank: (Two) gel-cell batteries for separate hydraulic battery bank.
- Service alternator on the main engine is a Amtech 220-amperes (NEW 2013).
- Start battery alternator on the main engine is a Leese-Neville 65-amperes. (REBUILT 2013).
- Additional Alternator - Belted to prop shaft for free-wheel charging under sail for emergency use.
- Battery parallel system for starting the main engine from ship service or hydraulic batteries.
- Amp/hour meters: (2) Bank manager voltmeter/amp meters at nav station - (1) House, (1) Star t+ hydraulics.
110-volt system is controlled by a separate circuit breaker panel.
- Powered by Westerbeke 10-kw diesel generator (1870 hrs - 3/2013) In sound shield and soft-mounted in engine room), shore power system, or inverter.
- Shore Power - service is two legs of 125-volts @ 50-amperes each.
- Battery Charger/Inverter: Heart Interface, Freedom Marine Series COMBI #30. Inverter output = 3000 watts.
- IOTA dedicated 75-amp charger
SAILS & RIGGING
- Tall, tapered, carbon-fiber, hydraulic stoway main and mizzen masts - painted white. The spars are 50% lighter than a corresponding aluminum section while being stiffer, stronger, and easier to repair than aluminum. Two pair painted aluminum spreaders with 2 pair spreader lights.
- Hood hydraulic stoway and headstay furling systems. Hood hydraulic furling motor of the headstay rebuilt & casing repainted 2009.
Hydraulic boom vang and backstay adjuster for main and mizzen - controlled from Navtec panel
- Navtec rod and running rigging (New 2009).
- Spar is equipped with a removable staysail stay and running backstays (unnecessary under normal sailing conditions).
- Harken stainless steel deck hardware
- Extra jib and mizzen staysail halyard
- Carbon fiber whisker pole - mounted in deck chocks
Hydraulic - Full Lewmar Commander 6 system powering:
- (2) Two-speed Lewmar 650 ST primaries (w/second fine tune button)
- (1) Two-speed Lewmar 46 ST mainsheet
- (1) Lewmar 46 CST for outhaul and centerboard.
- Anchor windlass
- Headsail, mainsail and mizzen furling systems
Electric: (2) Two-speed Lewmar 550 ST secondary winches
- Main - Stoway - Doyle (2005)
- Mizzen - Stoway - Doyle (2013)
- 100% Jib, Spectra (2005) - Doyle
- #2 Genoa - North (1991) - 140% roller furling, Spectra 2-T-cut with Aeroluff UV protection
- Inner Forestay sail - North (1991) - 9oz. soft Norlam 2-T cut staysail/storm jib
All equipment in engine room is painted white for quick problem identification.
Perkins 6-354M 135 hp@2800 rpms, 6-cylinder FWC diesel engine.
Propeller: 3-bladed feathering Max prop (refurbished 2012) with line cutting spurs + new spare prop.
Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauges
- Electric fuel priming pump for main engine and generator.
- 12-Volt oil transfer pump plumbed to engine, generator, and reduction gear.
- Refrigeration: Sea Frost 12-volt DC, raw water-cooled.
- Cabin heater: Espar D7LK diesel-fired cabin heater
- Air conditioning: 32,000 BTU Marine Air system
- Water maker — Sea Recovery SRC 600 AM. - 25 gals/hr. (regular servicing)
- Washer/Dryer Combo - Splendide, 2009 - in laundry compartment
- (4) Heads - (2) Electric Royal Flush saltwater pressure heads and (1) manual Skipper head to holding tank + (1) spare electric Royal Flush head for day head
- (2) Holding tanks - two forward heads share 70-gallon and aft has a 35-gallon tank - with electric pumps.
- Tank Tender: Pressurized water & fuel system
- Hydraulics: Lewmar Commander 6 system - including controlling windlass
- (4) Bilge pumps: (1) Jabsco engine-driven, high-capacity pump with remote activated electric clutch, (2) Jabsco 12-volt - engine room, (1) Edson high-capacity manual pump.
- Full Halon fire system - plus additional extinguishers
- Emergency tiller system - engine room
- Switlik 6-man life raft, deck mounted, in custom stainless steel bracket - repacked 2010.
- Caribe 12 ft.. dinghy (NEW 2014) with Yamaha 15-hp outboard
- 12-volt high-intensity spotlight
- Lewmar 3000 vertical capstan hydraulic windlass (with controls at both bow & helm).
- Fortress FX-55 anchor in custom stowage bag.
- Fortress FX-85 storm anchor - stowed in bilge.
- 75# CQR plow anchor in custom Hinckley bow roller with 250’ x 3/8” Hi-Test Chain.
- Stainless steel anchor + 10 ft. stainless chain
- 300 ft. x 3/4” nylon rode with chain leader
- Gale Rider sea anchor + 1 1/2" line
- Kestral visible radar reflector mounted on masthead.
- Offshore kickboard (in clear Lexan)
- All dock lines, Avon inflatable fenders & fender covers, 2 fender boards.
- EPIRB - ACR 121.5 406 MHZ (NEW)
- MOM 8 (man overboard module).
- Life Sling and heaving line.
- Webbing jack lines.
- (6) Safety harnesses, with knives & whistles.
- (4) Storm ports: Lexan covering ports in custom stowage bags.
- (2) Horseshoe liferings with Artemis name + brackets (not currently on boat)
- Stainless steel side-boarding ladder
- Folding stainless swim/boarding ladder integral with stern pulpit.
- Extensive collection of mechanical, electrical and plumbing spares
- New 2014 hatch varnish weather covers
- Wind scoop - for aft companionway
- Tools, charts (paper), cruising guides, medical kit
- All galley equipment and utensils
- 6-piece set of custom Tiffany china, with custom rack
- Folding bicycles and inflatable kayaks
OVERVIEW - Owner's note
ARTEMIS has been our winter home since 2001 and we have enjoyed her in the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Bahamas, and the US Eastern coast. We have successfully "done our thing" and now this beautiful yacht is available for you to do yours. She is "turn-key" and has been a beautiful part of our lives - there is none finer!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Picnic Boat MKIII
Kennebunkport, ME, United States
Sou'wester 59 CC Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Picnic Boat MKIII
Kennebunkport, ME, United States
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 51 Stoway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States
Irwin 52 CC Ketch
Annapolis, MD, United States