- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 145,000
Ease of use, innovative design and sophisticated construction are the hallmarks for the Freedom 45. When you approach this boat at the dock and gaze upon the free standing carbon fiber spar, uncluttered by shrouds and spreaders, one has a sense that something is missing. But don't be fooled, behind this ostensible aura of simplicity lies the complexity of carbon fiber spar construction. This boat was designed by Gary Mull and the hull was built by the renowned Tillotson-Pearson Yard to USCG, NMMA, NFPA codes and offshore racing council safety regulations. She is a blue water capable vessel with a beautiful cherry wood interior. The brilliance of this design is only really appreciated when single handedly short tacking the boat without leaving the helm station.
Cheryl Ann II, hull #29 of 56 built, has been professionally maintained and constantly upgraded by her second owner.
In 2014 the Cheryl Ann II was repowered with a NEW YANMAR 100 HP DIESEl (a 25hp increase over factory installed 75HP)
For an illuminating discussion on the Freedom Yachts please refer to Ferenc Mate's "WORLD'S BEST SAILBOATS"
A rare and beautiful 50ft Santa Barbara harbor slip can be made available with this boat.
October Surprise: $20,000 price reduction.
Please call Mark Scott-Paine (cell) 805-455-7086 for more information.
Please contact at 805-963-8000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Cheryl Ann II
Builder: Freedom Yachts
Designer: Gary Mull
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 34 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Ballast: 9500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 0 in
Total Power: 100 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2014
Engine Model: 4JH4-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 260
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 100 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Length Overall: 45' (44'6")
Displacement: 22,992 lbs
- Beautiful Cherry Wood Interior.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Navy Blue Upholstery
- FORWARD CABIN:
- Large v-berth with filler section, large hanging locker, drawers port, stbd and large drawers under v-berth.
- 2 reading lights
- 2 electric fans
- 4 opening ports
- Deck hatch
- Fwd head to starboard with access from main cabin and slider to fwd cabin. Includes Raritan marine head, hand held shower with separate control, vanity, ceramic sink, teak grate, mirror and storage.
- Shower sump w/ electric pump
- 3 way valve for head discharge
- 15 gal holding tank w/Jabsco macerator
- MAIN CABIN:
- The main cabin interior is large with L-shaped settee to stbd with back rest storage compartments.
- Entertainment cabinet built in to port.
- Bar unit to port with fold down counter space and inside storage of glasses and bottles.
- Single berth using port settee.
- Large table with fold out extension leaf with bin top and storage cabinet on aft end.
- 2 electric fans
- NAVIGATION STATION:
- 24" x 45" chart table with chart storage beneath, sliding utensil tray located under chart table lid.
- File cabinet located at nav station.
- Electric fan
- Extra large wet locker.
- OWNER'S CABIN:
- Rich cherry wood interior.
- Large walk around double berth.
- Port side vanity with stow away mirror.
- Large hanging locker to starboard.
- Drawers to port and starboard with sliders above spacious counter top.
- Aft head with access from aft cabin for owner's private head including Raritan marine head, ceramic sink, separate shower stall with pull across shower curtain, shower with adjustable bulkehead mount shower head, seat in shower stall with storage beneath,storage closet and bin.
- 3 way valve for head discharge.
- 15 gal plastic holding tank w/ Flojet macerator.
- 2 opening ports in transom aft of master bunk.
- 2 electric fans
- New Salon cushions w/ new foam 2006
- New Cockpit cushions 2006
Total Power: 100 hp (2014)
Engine Hours: 260 hrs
Cruising Speed: 6.5 knt
Max Speed: 7.86 knt
Fuel: 160 gal alum
Fresh Water: 65 gal alum
Holding: 2x15 gal plastic
- Force 10 three burner LPG stove with oven and broiler.
- Refrigerator aft of stove with cold plate refrigeration
- Freezer aft of navigation station with cold plate refrigeration.
- Microwave oven (GE Spacemaker, built in)
- Large centerline stainless steel sink with stainless drain board.
- Hot and cold pressure faucet with mixer valve.
- Hand manual pump water.
- Larger dry goods storage cabinet with three drop down doors which create extra counter space.
- Large storage bin fwd of stove with counter lid.
- Plate, bowl, glass and cup storage above counter and below.
- Utensil drawer with organizer.
- Pot storage under oven.
- Storage compartment under sink for cleaning supplies.
- Elecric fan
- Fire extinguisher (ABC dry chemical)
- 50amp 125v AC system with breaker on incoming AC and breakers on main AC panel
- 12v DC with breakers on main DC panel and fused battery cables
- 80 amp alternator on engine
- Generator (Kubota 2 cylinder 8hp diesel driving a 130 amp alternator)
- Generator heat exchanger (new 2015)
- 3X8D house batteries (2013)
- 1X4D Starting battery (2013)
- Magna Sine Inverter (2000 watts, 2012)
- 12 gal water heater (AC or Main engine)
- Water maker (25gph capacity, new high pressure pump 2015)
- New watermaker membrane/filter kit (new in box $1200 value)
- Instrument pod at helm.
- 33 aircraft style R/W dome,indirect and courtesy light fixtures.
- Digital electric panel with battery condition meters and circuit breakers.
- 115V-50 amp shore power system w/50 ft cable and 6x115V receptacles.
- Navigation lights; anchor, steaming and running lights.
- All large masses and lighting protected with grounds.
- Separate breaker panel at nav station for electronics.
- Propane electric solenoid with remote switch at main distribution panel.
- Custom, keel stepped, free-standing carbon fiber mast (painted white).
- Aluminum main and jib booms.
- Harken traveller
- Hall integral tubular Quik vang(solid vang)
- Radar reflector (mast mounted)
- Foredeck flood light (mast mounted)
- Simpson Lawrence Horizon Horizontal type 12VDC Electric Anchor windlass (double action at bow)
- 66# Bruce bow anchor with 200' 3/8" chain and 100' 3/4" nylon rode
- 22# Bruce stern anchor with 40" 5/16 chain and 200" 1/2" nylon rode.
- Teak deck overlay on side decks.
- 2#23ST, 1#48ST, 1#28 ST Electric with foot switches.
- 10 line clutches aft.
- Full batten main (good cond.)
- Genoa (hank on with wishbone self tacking boom, good cond.)
- Heavy weather headsail (good cond.)
- Cruising spinnaker (good cond.)
- Sails overhauled 2006
- New cockpit table (2006)
- New Running rigging for main reefing line (2006)
- Dodger (new cover 2008)
- New sail covers (Paxton, 2008)
- New cockpit drain hoses (2007)
- Stainlees steel radar pole with Furuno radar sender unit, GPS antenna.
- PAR dockside water inlet with valving manifold located under galley.
- Stainless steel stern pulpit.
- Integrated sugar scoop style swim platform with teak overlay and stainless steel fold down swim ladder.
- Fresh water shower, hot and cold on swim platform (new shower hose 2007)
- Folding steps on mast up to goose neck height
- Stainless steel life line stanchions with two rows of plastic covered stainless wire life lines.
- ABS Classification Construction(built under survey to class +A1 yachting services)
- Lloyd's approved Baltek Contourkore end grain balsa laminate construction
- Lead and Antimony fixed 9500 lb., 6'6" fin keel bolted and bonded to a deep molded stub.
- White hull with boot stripe and molded in fiberglass rub rail with stainless steel nosing.
- White fiberglass surfaces on deck with teak overlay on side decks and cockpit sole.
- Hull to deck joint bonded with 3M 5200 and bolted on 6" centers then covered with clear anodized aluminum toes rail with mooring and docking fairleads.
- Large lazarette locker to starboard.
- Propane locker to port with 2 x 20 lb aluminum LPG bottles vented overboard.
- Anchor Locker in bow with locking cover
- PROPULSION AND STEERING:
- 2014 Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 100hp diesel with fresh water cooling and water strainer. (260hrs)
- 3 bladed fix prop with 1.25" stainless shaft and standard flax shaft seal.
- Lighted instrument panel on new binnacle mounted instrument pod with water temperature, oil pressure, rpm and hour meter gauges.
- Engine room blower.
- Edson 36" S.S. destroyer wheel on the binnacle with Suunto Finland 6" Compass, brake, Morse single lever engine control and pedestal guard.
- Edson pedestal steering, radial drive pull/pull cable over sheave and in conduit to rudder quadrant.
- Inboard skeg hung, elliptical, FRP cored rudder.
- Aluminum emergency tiller.
- Gary Mull is a naval architect that gets his sums right and this design is no exception: DISP/LENGTH RATIO: 249.96, SAIL AREA/DISP RATIO: 16.98 (15-17 optimal for heavy offshore cruiser), VELOCITY RATIO: 1.06 (optimal 1.04-1.08), CAPSIZE RISK : 1.84 (1.8 gets full credit),COMFORT FACTOR: 29.64 (cruising boat 30-40
- 24 mi Radar/GPS/Chartplotter w/display at nav station (Furuno NavNet C-Map NT model 1823C w/ Acapulco MX to Flattery WA chip) (new 2007)
- Furuno radar display above companionway
- Furuno FI 50 Wind Apparent wind/True wind/VMG display at helm
- Furuno FI-50 digital depth meter (display at nav station and helm)
- Back up GPS (Garmin GPS 120)
- Digital Marine Satellite Antenna System (Intellian i2, new 2010)
- AM/FM/MP3 w/10CD player w/ new cockpit speakers (2006)
- VHF radio (new 2006)
- New mast head wind instrument information senders (2008)
- Auto Pilot (Simrad AP25, control at navigation station with repeater at helm new 2007)
- Auotpilot hydraulic system (rebuilt 2007)
- 1 automatic bilge pump
- 1 manual bilge pump (Whale)
- Weem & Plath clock
- Intellian i2 Satellite antenna system
- AIS (Automatic Identification System) Vessel Tracking System (2014)
- New toilets (both heads) 2014
- New head sink fixtures (both heads) 2014
- New cutlass bearing (2014)
- Switlik 6 person cannister life raft (last certification 2015)
- New fresh water pressure pump 2015
- Rebuilt generator starter 2015
- New generator water pump and thermostat 2015
- Generator oil change 2015
- New tempered glass on deck hatch covers 2015
- Refrigerator water pump replaced (9-2016)
- Replace remaining plastic thru hull fittings with brass thru hull fittings. Now all thru hull fittings at or below the waterline have been replaced with brass thru hull fittings (9-2016)
- Last haul out with bottom paint (9-2016)
- Equipment manuals.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Peter Crane Yachts
Santa Barbara, CA, United States
charter boat and business
Channel Islands Harbor, CA, United States
Double Cabin Motor Yacht
Oxnard, CA, United States
Santa Barbara, CA, United States
Santa Barbara, CA, United States