Recent Maintenance History
- Completed a haul out, exterior and interior survey for insurance company. Surveyor noted: “Dream Voyager is in unusually good condition.”
- All exterior surfaces repainted with Awlgrip.
- Applied 2 coats of antifouling paint to bottom; 3 coats at water line.
- Cleaned and coated prop, shaft and p-bracket and replaced zincs.
- Cleaned all fuel tanks and polished diesel fuel to 2 microns.
- Installed “on-board” diesel fuel polishing system.
- Serviced Volvo main engine and generator diesel engine.
- Replaced seals and gaskets in all hatches and portholes.
- Sanded, sealed, painted and varnished freezer and refrigerator surfaces.
- Serviced refrigeration compressor.
- Installed new Maxwell WVC 2500 Windlass.
- Replaced anchor chain.
- Replaced bimini top and dodger.
- Reconditioned head sail.
- Replaced EPIRB.
N.B. Detail maintenance logs available onboard.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Fiberglass sandwich construction; 2” bottom thickness with ¾ solid fiberglass outer skin.
- Low maintenance fiberglass deck with nonskid surface.
- Clear deck space and modern suger scoop stern with step.
- 3 x Watertight bulkheads.
- Hull repainted with Awlgrip (2009).
- Collision void in stern and bow.
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel grid system with massive transverse and longitudinal stringers.
- Lead bulb keel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo Penta TAMD 41B 200hp turbo diesel main engine.
- Volvo MS4A 26-3 transmission, ratio 1:2.63.
- Volvo flex coupling.
- Engine room insulation replaced (2003).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: Approximately 6000+.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Feathering Max propeller.
- 220v splits to 2 x 110v 50/60 hz AC electrical system.
- 24v and 12v DC electrical system.
- GFI 120 volt AC outlets in galley, all heads and engine room.
- 8D batteries for house battery.
- 2 x 4D batteries for engine start.
- 4D battery for generator start.
- 2 x 12v batteries for electronics.
- Mastervolt Dakar Combi 24/3000-100 24v battery charger; also functions as inverter (2002).
- Heart True-Charge 12v battery charger (2002).
- 1 x Motorola 140 amps alternator (1 x spare).
- Kilo Pak 15Kw generator (approximately 6,100 hours).
- 2 x 100’ Shore power cords.
- Rich Beers custom refrigeration system with extra box insulation powered by shore power and AC generator. System can be cooled by water and air, or by air alone; there are 2 x separate sets of cooling coils in the plates to provide redundancy if needed.
- Isolation transformer; allows yacht to utilize US and European shorepower, 50 or 60 cycles.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 2 x Fresh water pumps; 1 x is backup.
- Offshore Marine watermaker; 800 gallons per day (2003).
- 2 x Rule Heavy Duty 3700 GPH automatic bilge pumps (engine room and saloon).
- 2 x Jabsco 500 GPH electric bilge pumps (engine room and saloon).
- 2 x Jabsco Amazon 1300 GPH manual bilge pumps (galley and saloon).
- 2 x Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pumps (engine room and lazarette).
- 2 x Jabsco 360 GPH electric bilge pumps (one in each head).
- 1 x Rule 750 GPH automatic bilge pump (forward)
- High water alarm (2003).
- Total capacity of 2,385 litres (524 gallons).
- Total capacity of 984 litres (216 gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Holding tank with electric macerator for offshore evacuation.
Navigation Equipment (All replaced 2003):
- Wempe clock and barometer.
- Furuno NavNet radar system with GPS and chartplotter with 36 mile radar and 10.4” display.
- Furuno Fax30 Weatherfax and Navtex configured for Navionics charts.
- Northstar 952 GPS chartplotter with Navionics charts.
- Autopilot remote.
- Brookes and Gatehouse Hydra 2000 system, 2 x displays and 1 x Halcyon display.
- EchoPilot Gold forward looking sonar dual system.
- Simrad Robertson AP20X dual station auto pilot full size auto control.
- Mackay ABB Nera Worldphone: Mini ‘M’ satellite communications telephone.
- Icom M802 single sideband marine high frequency radio email enabled.
- Pactor PTC-IIex email system subscribed to SailMail ISP.
- Icom M602 VHF dual station marine radio.
- Icom M1V VHF marine transceiver, portable hand held unit.
- Furuno Navnet radar/GPS chartplotter with 7” display.
- 1 x B&G (Hydra 2000) digital display.
- 6 x B&G analog displays (Hydra 2000 system), wind speed, depth information.
- EchoPilot Gold forward looking sonar dual system.
- AP20X Simrad Robertson autopilot control head.
- RAM microphone for Icom M602 VHF.
- Double stainless steel sinks.
- Force 10 Four burner propane cooker with oven and grill.
- Bulkhead mounted Sharp Carousel II microwave.
- Custom refrigeration includes 2 x large vertical (forward opening) compartments and separate freezer.
- 2 x Additional large top loading freezer.
- 3 x Wireless electronic temperature gauges for refrigerator and freezers.
- Coffee maker.
- Electric toaster oven.
- 2 x Raritan Crown electric heads (2003); 1 x Raritan manual head.
- 3 x Showers.
- Hot and cold fresh water shower at swim platform.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioning; 5 x separate compressors and 5 x controls. Aft master stateroom unit is completely dedicated with its own pump and can be operated with the inverter.
- Galley air conditioning replaced (May 2003); Aft master air conditioning unit replaced (2004).
- Philips HD TV and DVD player.
- Sony CDC 800 digital CD/Audio player with 10 disc pak.
- JVC stereo DC player and JVC stereo cassette player.
- JVC stereo CD (2003) in master and guest staterooms.
- Speakers are located throughout boat: 2 x in saloon, 2 x in master stateroom, 2 x in guest stateroom, 2 x in cockpit, 2 x in galley.
- Variable lighting.
- Special light fitted into cockpit bimini top.
Description of layout:
DREAM VOYAGER sleeps up to 7 owners and guests in 3 staterooms with 1 skipper’s cabin. In addition, there is an extra sofa berth in the owner’s cabin and the saloon sofas can be used as additional berths. Both the owner’s cabin and the second double cabin have ensuite heads and the forward two cabins share a head.
The interior features exquisite varnished golden teak, with ultra suede headliners. The cabin sole is varnished teak with holly inlays throughout. Five zone reverse cycle air conditioning provides AC and heat, and was added in 2003. variable lighting below enhances the ambiance at night.
The spacious main saloon has a U shaped upholstered sofa around a large teak dining table to port. To starboard is an extra wide sofa with bar and entertainment center. Outboard of the sofas are storage lockers and shelves with additional storage behind the backrests.
Aft of the main saloon to starboard is an impressive navigation station. A full sized chart table has a lift up lid and all the navigation equipment and electronics are built in to the forward and outboard consoles. Forward of the navigation station is a cabinet with a second large top loading freezer. Also to starboard is a wide passageway to the aft owner’s cabin with inboard door to the walk in engine room, and a large locker outboard.
The aft owner’s cabin is full-width with a king size berth to port and full length sofa to starboard that is an ideal berth at sea. A deep (double) hanging locker includes a concealed space with a safe. A desk, additional hanging lockers and shelves provide excellent storage. The ensuite head forward to port includes a shower, sink/vanity with Corian countertop and electric loo.
Forward of the saloon, to port, is a very spacious guest cabin with a queen Pullman berth with drawers under. Additional storage includes a bedside desk with drawer and cabinet below and a hanging locker. An ensuite head with electric loo has a shower, mirror + vanity unit with Corian counter and sink, and storage outboard.
To starboard, forward of the saloon, is a large galley with double stainless steel sinks, four burner propane cooker with oven and grill, and bulkhead mounted microwave. The refurbished galley includes wide Corian counter tops. The custom refrigeration includes 2 large vertical (forward opening) compartments and separate freezer. (Additional large top loading freezer forward of the nav station). Under the counter is a coffee maker and electric toaster oven.
Forward of the galley are two guest cabins. The port cabin has a double lower berth with single above. The starboard stateroom has a single berth for crew or an additional guest. These two cabins share an ensuite head with shower.
- All lines are led to the cockpit electric winches.
- Complete rigging inspection (November 2008).
- Hallspar main mast and boom.
- Fredericksen battcar system and lazy jacks with hayracks and stack pack on main (2005).
- Navtek rod rigging.
- Profurl headsail roller furling (rebuilt 2005).
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Carbon fiber spinnaker pole with adjustable track.
- 2 x Lewmar 700 STE 3 speed electric primary sheet winches.
- 1 x Main sheet Lewmar 700 ST 2 speed winch.
- 6 x Lewmar 650 ST 2 speed winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 30 ST 2 speed winches.
- Toe buttons for electric primary winches.
- Doyle storm jib.
- Doyle fully battened mainsail.
- Doyle genoa (reconditioned 2010).
- Doyle MPS.
- Large sail locker forward with chain locker.
- Chain also stored aft in second chain locker near the main mast for voyages.
- Double bow roller.
- Transom swim platform with swim ladder.
- 2 x Storage lazarettes in stern section.
- Double rail bow and stern pulpits.
- Drop down transparent companionway washboards.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Maxwell VWC model 2500 vertical anchor windlass (2008); with foot button.
- Bruce 110lb (50kg) primary anchor with 280 feet of 12mm chain.
- Danforth storm anchor with 30” of chain and 160’ of 1” rode.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Teak stern seating.
- Helm pedestal cover.
- Cockpit cushions, pillows, and two folding captain’s chairs.
- Dodger bimini with side sections and internal lighting (2007).
- Deck awning aft of mast to backstay.
- Recessed headliner shade screens for deck hatches.
Tender & Outboard:
- AB 360-U9 hardbottom inflatable.
- 30hp Yamaha for tender.
- Lifelines with tapered side stanchions.
- 1 x Six-man EV offshore life raft.
- Litton CosPas SarSat EPIRB.
- 2 x Horseshoe life rings with 1 strob.
- Lifesling Overboard Rescue System.
- 3 x Children’s life jackets.
- 11 x Adult life jackets.
- Orion flare kit (OK to October 2012).
- Air horn.
- Chubb E, 5 kilo fire extinguisher in engine room.
Dry chemical fire extinguisher in stern lazarette.
10 x Hand-held fire extinguishers distributed throughout boat.
- 2 x Carbon monoxide alarms.
5 x Smoke alarms distributed throughout yacht.