- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- River Blackwater, Essex, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- £ 32,000 (US$ 41,437)
A rare and highly sought after twin keel version of the popular Westerly Storm Cruiser, derived from the successful cruiser/racer and an excellent alternative to the popular Moody 336. Offering an impressive combination of comfortable cruising accommodation, legendary Westerly build quality and the ability to take the ground few alternatives can offer such a complete package. Force Ten benefits from a high specification from new and full inventory including many upgrades such as larger engine option, hot water, solar panels, diesel heating, upgraded navigation equipment, dinghy and outboard, safety gear and more!
Viewing by appointment only through our Essex office on (01621) 785600.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Ed Dubois
Keel: Twin Keel
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 33 ft 2 in
Beam: 11 ft 7 in
LWL: 27 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 5130 kgs
Ballast: 2263 kgs
Total Power: 28 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: 2003
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 28 HP
Cruising Speed: 5 knots
Maximum Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (180 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (80 Liters)
The accommodation offers up to seven berths in three cabins with full standing headroom throughout.
FORECABIN: A well laid out cabin with double V berth, wash basin, shelves, hanging locker, beneath berth stowage and hatch to foredeck.
SALOON: Offering seating for 6/7 at a large U-shaped settee which converts to a small double berth and a single settee berth either side of a central table with folding leaves. Excellent storage is provided beneath and behind berths, in eye level lockers and on long open shelves.
GALLEY: To port, equipped with a Flavel Vanessa 2-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven and grill (new burners 2008), twin stainless steel sinks and a large Frigomatic top loading fridge/freezer. A tiled worksurface has a removable cover for the cooker whilst ample storage is available in various lockers, shelves and drawers. Kettles (electric and gas), crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils all included.
CHART TABLE: To starboard, fitted with navigation instrumentation and plenty of stowage for charts, books and equipment. Red 12v navigation light and 12v flexible chart light.
HEADS: Separate compartment aft to starboard with a Jabsco marine toilet (new 2006), vanity unit with washbasin and combined shower head, shower curtain, mirror and wet hanging area.
AFT CABIN: Accessed aft to port with a large double berth, hanging locker, stowage, portlight and mirror.
GENERAL EQUIPMENT: Hot and cold pressurised water supply throughout (new pump 2004) via a calorifier with immersion coil and 180 litre freshwater capacity in twin tanks. Eberspacher diesel fired heating system with four outlets and dedicated 20 litre fuel tank. Pioneer stereo system with speakers. High quality teak cabinetry and velour upholstery with carpets and curtains. Shorepower sockets in saloon, galley and sleeping cabins.
Located beneath the companionway, Volvo 2003 3-cylinder 28hp diesel engine. Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. Single lever controls with electric start. Shaft drive (new gearbox 2000) via Aquadrive with rope cutter fitted to fixed pitch 2-bladed propeller.
The engine has been regularly serviced and had a new starter motor fitted in 2006. A selection of engine spares are included together with the original starter motor which has been reconditioned.
2 x 12v Batteries (new 2014 and 2011) charged via engine alternator. Shorepower system with RYD battery charger, ringmains (new RCB consumer unit 2005) and immersion coil for water heating. 12v Distribution panel with contact breakers. TWC battery regulator. 2 x Unisolar solar panels. Full cabin lighting consisting of 12v and mains lighting with a selection of lamps, downlighters and spotlights.
Sails & Spars
Masthead sloop rig. Silver anodised aluminium mast and boom by Kemp Spars. Single spreader cruising rig. Spinnaker pole. Stainless steel standing rigging (new 2004). Terylene running rigging (replaced where necessary 2014). Kemp single line slab reefing mainsail system (new 2001) with lazy jacks and sail bag. Rotostay IV headsail furling system (new 2004). All lines lead aft with Spinlock jammers. 2 x Barient 2-speed self tailing sheet winches. 2 x Barient 2-speed halyard winches.
- 2 x Mainsails (one new 2002 and older spare)
- 2 x Furling Genoas (large and medium)
- Cruising chute with snuffer
- Storm jib (unused)
- 35lb CQR anchor with chain
- 25lb Plough anchor
- Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guard wires
- Teak handrails to coachroof
- Blue sprayhood, cockpit tent, dodgers and sail cover
- Winch, windlass and tiller covers
- Teak cockpit grating with dinghy stowage beneath
- Teak outboard bracket on pushpit
- Optional perspex washboards
- Cockpit cushions and table
- Bow seat with drink holder
- Shorepower extension lead
- Compact water hose on reel
- 6 x Fenders with socks
- 2 x Fender boards
- 2 x Boathooks
- Plastimo bulkhead compass
- Garmin DSC VHF radio (new 2016) with cockpit speaker
- Raymarine ST60 echo sounder (new 2003)
- Raymarine ST60 speed/log (new 2003)
- Raymarine ST60+ wind instrument (new 2008)
- Autohelm multi-repeater for depth, speed and wind at chart table
- Raymarine ST4000 autopilot (with spare drive arm)
- Garmin colour GPS chartplotter
- Yeoman Navigation Pro chart plotter for use with traditional charts
- JRC 1000 radar (new 2000)
- NASA Weatherman (new 2004)
- Digital weather forecasting barometer
- Masthead TV aerial with 12v socket and Triax masthead amplifier
- Brass clock, barometer and thermometer
- Navigation lights
- 4 x Fire extinguishers (2 x 2kg CO2, 2kg powder and 1kg powder)
- Fire blanket
- First aid kit
- Plastimo Offshore 4 person liferaft in canister (serviced 2014) in quick release cradle
- Masthead fore and aft radar reflector
- Tri-lens mast radar reflector
- Horseshoe lifebuoy with light
- Danbuoy with safety harness and man overboard gear
- Jackstays and harness eyes
- 2 x Automatic lifejackets
- Emergency radio aerial on pushpit
- Manual bilge pump
- Wetline 2.3m inflatable dinghy (new 2003)
- GRP 2.5m dinghy (new 2010)
- Honda 2.3hp 4-stroke outboard (new 2010)
Westerly Storm Cruiser (No.25 of 30) built in 1990 by Westerly Yachts to a design by Ed Dubois. White GRP hull (epoxy coated from new) with style stripes, superstructure and grey painted non-slip decks. Teak rubbing strake. Cast iron twin keels. Tiller steering to a spade rudder. Aft self draining cockpit.
Force Ten winters ashore every year and is presented in very good condition for her year.
The company normally acts as broker for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.