- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 299,000 Tax Paid
Best priced big boat on the east coast!
Sales price just reduced $50,000; seller has an investment opportunity to take advantage of.
"Mystic Charge," a Tayana 65, is the consummate luxury performance cruising design: nimble, strong, fast and comfortable. Spacious accommodations including a convivial main salon, massive galley and aft master suite with centerline queen and lots of storage. There are two guest staterooms forward, also with en-suite heads and crew quarters in the forepeak. Walk-in engine room and work shop. The systems, machinery and electronics have been well maintained and upgraded as the owners cruised her extensively. Fully automated sail handling allows her to be easily sailed shorthanded. An upsized (12" tunnel) bow thruster facilitates docking and maneuvering in close quarters.
- Mast rebuilt and painted 2015/16
- New Mack Sails main and genoa 2016
- All winches serviced 2016
- Hydraulics reconditioned 2015/16
- Refrigeration compressors 2015
- 1200 amp hour Lifeline AGM house battery bank 2015
- Bow thruster battery bank 2016
- Water heater 2016
- 11' RIB 2015
- Three year certification on Winslow life raft June 2015
- No teak decks
Mystic Charge is truly the ultimate for live aboard passage making for two with spacious accommodations for up to eight and her asking price is very attractive compared to other quality 60-70 footers. A personal inspection will confirm that Mystic Charge is in excellent condition and ready to cruise.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this listing.
Please contact Jordan Yachts at 954 522 8650
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Yang
Designer: Robert Harris
Flag of Registry: Cayman Islands
LOA: 65 ft 0 in
Beam: 18 ft 9 in
LWL: 52 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 95000 lbs
Total Power: 210 HP
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3208
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4096
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 210 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (450 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (700 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (85 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 4
The exquisite interior woodwork is satin finished ash. The light cabinetry and bulkheads provide a very bright and airy ambiance. The cabin sole is varnished teak with light holly inlay and has recessed lifting rings for access hatches. All the drawers and cabinets have stainless push button style locks and the European door hardware is used throughout. Eleven Bomar opening hatches and three Bomar opening ports provide excellent ventilation and daylight. Thirteen stainless steel dorades direct a constant flow of fresh air with all the hatches and ports closed. Four zone air conditioning and heat are provided by marine reverse cycle units providing a total of 58,000 BTU's. There are individual temperature controls in the owner's and guest cabins, and in the salon and galley areas.
The forepeak crew cabin with two upper/lower berths is directly aft of the forward anchor locker. Entry is either through a deck hatch or door into the starboard cabin guest head shower. Next aft are two comfortable guest cabins with en-suite heads, upper and lower berths, hanging lockers and cabinets. Both guest heads have separate stall showers and Tecma electric fresh water toilets.
The salon is amidships to starboard with an impressive U shaped settee and dining table. Adjacent to the settee is a coffee table with wine and liquor cabinets outboard. The dining table comfortably seats six to eight people with additional storage outboard and under the seating. Amidships to port is the aft facing navigation station and L shaped settee. Aft of the salon to starboard is a large passageway galley with inboard and outboard counters. Upper and lower lockers run the full length of the outboard counter with additional storage under both counters.
Furthest aft is the owner's stateroom with centerline queen and four hanging closets, two huge lockers and thirteen drawers. The ensuite head has a separate stall shower and Tecma electric fresh water toilet.
The passageway galley features two large top loading refrigerators and a deep double top loading freezer. All are stainless steel lined, with external temperature readouts and the two independent Grunert holding plate systems are driven by either AC power or by engine driven compressor.
- Corian counters include inboard and outboard surfaces
- Double stainless steel sink fitted with custom wood cutting board
- All sinks are quality West German models (galley and heads)
- Propane stove with four burners, oven and broiler
- Flame failure gas cut off at each burner and an in line solenoid valve
- Microwave oven
- Jennair trash compactor
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
The navigation center includes a chart table with lift top to access storage beneath. Located at the nav station are flush mounted electronics and navigation equipment, breaker panel, battery selector switch and tank tender.
- 6" Danforth Constellation wet compass (at helm)
- B&G 330 Hydra system (at helm) with wind speed/direction, depth sounder, boat speed and water temperature displays
- Repeaters for all the above functions at the nav station
- B&G Hydraulic Type 3 Helmstar 740 autopilot with fluxgate compass and rudder display (at helm)
- Garmin touch screen GPSmap 182c at navigation station
- Garmin GPSmap 740 at helm (2014)
- ICOM ICM 120 25 watt VHF radio with masthead antenna
- ICOM 800 SSB with Ham channels added
- AT-130 150 watt automatic antenna tuner for Ham/SSB
- AIS large ships proximity receiver
- Raytheon R40 32 mile radar
- 12 volt DC and 110v/220v AC ship's system with Bass breaker panel with amp and volt gauges
- Northern Lights 20 Kw 220 V AC, 60 cycle four cylinder diesel generator with sound shield (5445 engine hours)
- Shore power inputs for the 30 amp 110 volt or 50 amp 220 volt shore power
- All shore power is comes in through isolation transformers
- Six 8D gel cell batteries for a total of 1200 amp hours for house service NEW 2015
- Separate starting batteries for the main engine of 200 ah and generator of 160 ah Both new 2015
- 185 amp Balmar alternator for house battery bank
- 45 amp alternator for the engine start battery
- Generator mounted alternator for genset battery
- PROSine charger/inverter with PROSine 2.0 remote panel
- Zinc anodes are located in the hull and on the rudder and propeller shaft for grounding, and all seacocks are bonded
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
Engine hp: 210
Engine Model: 3208
Propeller 3 blade propeller
Engine Hours 4096
The walk-in engine room is insulated and covered with perforated aluminum for low maintenance, and is fitted with a work bench. The engine room access is via a door adjacent to the chart table, fitted with a rubber gasket to minimize noise, and hatch in the aft cabin.
- Caterpillar 3208 naturally aspirated 210 hp diesel with 4096 hours with Twin Disc MG 502 reduction gear. The engine is a well proven design and was selected for its ability to run for days uninterrupted as needed. At 1700 rpm the engine will burn about 3 gph US and drive the hull at about 8 knots. The engine and reduction gear are isolated from the drive shaft by a constant velocity flexible coupling and thrust bearing to reduce vibration and noise.
- Alarms for low oil pressure and high water temperature
- Gauges for oil pressure, water temperature, gearbox oil pressure
- Remote start/stop and switches located at the nav station
- Engine room Halon fire control system activated automatically or manually from the cockpit
- 2" stainless steel shaft
- Three blade 26" Max Prop feathering propeller
- Reverse cycle air conditioning with 4 zones (two 16,000 BTU and two 13,000 BTU)
- Lewmar Commander Six hydraulic powerpack operates three furling units, 2 primary winches and anchor windlass
- Spectra Model 380 DC watermaker; new membrane 2009; new Clark pump 2009.
- Three automatic bilge pumps
- Two manual emergency bilge pumps
Diesel fuel tankage
The fuel supply is from two fiberglass tanks of 250 gallons each, located under the cabin sole in the salon area and from one tank of 200 gallons located above the internal lead ballast. GRP tanks are coated internally with inert gelcoat and fitted with baffles. Fuel is transferred from the keel tank using a Jabsco rotary pump. Each tank is fitted with a removable 8" inspection port and has its own fuel fill deck fitting. A dual Racor MA900 filter manifold makes changing fuel filters a breeze.
A total of 450 gallons is stored in four stainless steel tanks and supplied through a common manifold.? Hot water is from a 20 gallon tank, heated via 220v or by the engine heat exchanger. Mixer taps in the galley, head sinks and showers are of West German manufacture. Pressure water is supplied by a Shurflo Sensi pump.
There are two grey water GRP tanks, each fitted with an automatic float switch and Par pump, and discharging overboard. Aft tank approximately 40 gallons and forward tank 75 gallons.
Waste Holding Tanks
All three heads are electric and discharge into two black water holding tanks, (aft tank approximately 35 gallons and forward tanks approximately 50 gallons) or overboard while at sea. These tanks can be discharged either by macerator pumps or by deck evacuation.
Hot water tank
Heated via 220 volts or engine heat exchanger. Replaced 2016
Deck and Hull
Deck and Hull Construction
The hull is molded in one piece with alternating layers of strand mat and woven roving using vinylester and isophthalic resins to prevent blistering. All bulkheads are tabbed to hull. Further stiffening from top hat section Airex foam cored longitudinal stringers and transverse frames. There is a full length rubrail capped with stainless steel.
The keel is a performance shoal draft Scheel keel design. The lead cast ballast is encapsulated within the hull molding (no keel bolts). The rudder stock is stainless and is fitted with a substantial protective skeg. The top of the rudder stock terminates at deck level with deck access plate to enable attaching the emergency tiller.
The deck, cabin trunk and cockpit structure come from a one piece fiberglass molding. Vinylester and isophthalic resins with Airex foam core provide thermal and acoustical insulation. In all load bearing areas, the core is marine plywood or solid glass. The deck is grey non-skid Awlgrip. The hull to deck joint is chemically fastened with 5200 sealant and mechanically fastened at 4" intervals through the alloy toe rail.
- Lewmar 3000 vertical capstan hydraulic anchor windlass
- Stainless steel stemhead fittings
- Double bow rollers
- 110 lb Delta anchor with 300' galvanized chain
- Fortress FX85 anchor with 300' rode
- 24v Lewmar 3000 bow thruster with oversized 12" bow tube
- Deck washdown
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- Stainless steel stern pushpit with boarding gate
- 30" stainless steel stanchions
- Double stainless steel PVC coated lifelines
- Lifeline gates, port and starboard
- Stainless handrails on cabin top
- Stainless steel boarding and swimming ladder
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin top
- West Marine hard bottom RIB 11' dinghy 2015 is mounted on the foredeck on custom chocks
- 15 hp Mercury outboard, electric start. Can be stowed either on the aft rail or in the aft lazarette
- Outboard motor crane/hoist
Sails and Rigging
- Keel stepped aluminum Rondal mast with in mast furling refurbished 2015/16
- Cutter rig with Rondal hydraulic furling for genoa and staysail which gives pushbutton reefing and furling refurbished 2015/16
- Dyeform stainless steel wire rigging with mechanical terminals top and bottom New 2015/16
- Barbarossa rigid boom vang
- Insulated backstay for SSB
- Mast mounted spinnaker pole
- Running backstays are two part tackle led to dedicated self tailing cockpit winches.
- All track, control stops, end stops, traveler, jammers, cars and lead blocks are by Lewmar
- All winches are Lewmar
- 2 x 66 CST hydraulic primary
- 2 x 56 CST secondary
- 3 x 46 ST mainsheet
- 2 x 43 staysail sheet
- 1 x 56 CST outhaul
- 1 x 46 ST main halyard
- 2 x 43 ST staysail halyard
- 1 x 52 ST jib halyard
- 1 x 52 ST spinnaker halyard
- All sails are by Mack
- Roller furling main New 2015
- Staysail (2006 light use and normally stored below decks)
- Genoa New 2015
- Storm trysail
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit bimini
- Full awning
- Custom mahogany cockpit table
- Winslow 6 man life raft, Serviced 2015 good for 3 years
- Flare kit
- Life jackets
- Emergency tiller
- Halon fire extinguisher system in engine room
- Self draining cockpit with four 2" drains
- 3 portable Halon extinguishers
- Ship's bell
- 25,000 gph 110v emergency bilge pump
- Pur 06 hand operatred watermaker
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.