- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Northeast Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 175,000
KESTREL spent the first 15 years in fresh water and has been professionally maintained and upgraded. The Morris Justine offers a roomy interior with offshore comfort and capability. KESTREL has the popular Tri-cabin layout that allows a quarter cabin with walk-through access, greatly increasing flexibility for guest accommodations. Built to stand the test of time the Justine has proven a wise investment for owners who want a boat that will continue to hold their value for years to come.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT WYTHE INGEBRITSON AT MORRIS YACHTS BROKERAGE
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Chuck Paine
LOA: 36 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 7 in
LWL: 29 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 15600 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 28 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 1990
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1310
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 28 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (85 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (37 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
- Hand laid solid fiberglass hull.
- Vinylester resin.
- Morris “Rib-Core” internal stiffening system.
- External lead ballast keel.
- Skeg-hung rudder with stainless steel shaft and reinforcement.
- The propeller is protected by an aperture in the rudder skeg.
- The deck is a one-piece fiberglass molding utilizing core for weight savings.
- A deep molded-in bulwark with teak cap provides safety on deck.
- Awlgripped hull.
- White bootstripe.
- SS rub rail.
- Deck is finished in white gelcoat with light beige non-skid.
- Double lifelines with opening gates port and starboard.
- A side mounting boarding ladder with teak treads and a swim ladder extension can be mounted on either side.
- The roomy T-shaped cockpit includes 3 sail lockers, and 4 drains.
- Steering is via a traditional Edson wheel pedestal with a cockpit table.
- Deck hardware is stainless steel, including 11 opening portlights and 2 cabin top hatches.
- Anchorman electric windlass (Reconditioned 2015) with teak pad.
- 2 cowl vents on teak dorade boxes.
- Solar vent, and 5 flush deck prisms provide lots of passive ventilation and light below decks.
- Teak trim on deck includes dorade boxes, eyebrow, bulwark cap, cockpit sole and coamings, winch pocket trim rings and companionway drop boards.
KESTREL was built with the Tri-cabin interior layout. She is finished in the classic Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and mahogany sheathing and trim. Her cabin sole is satin finished teak and holly (two new coats of varnish fall 2015). Oval cabin doors in mahogany and arched locker doors with a sea bird vent motif create a custom finished interior.
The companionway leads to a roomy aft cabin with a very large quarter berth to port and a hanging locker and outboard facing nav. station with mounted swivel chair to starboard. Engine access is below the companionway ladder.
Midships is the main cabin. A full head with integral shower is located on the aft starboard side. Opposite the head is a traditional U-shaped galley with white Formica countertops and mahogany trim. Forward of the head is a U-shaped dinette with comfortable navy blue cushions and a large table which has custom holly inlay and fiddles. Storage lockers are located outboard. Opposite the dinette is a seat with lockers outboard. Mounted on the main bulkhead is a Force 10 propane cabin heater with tiled back drop. The heater vents via a stainless steel chimney with chimney guard and deck cap.
The forward cabin is spacious and comfortable with a traditional V-berth and filler cushion, a port side seat, and starboard hanging locker. Drawers are located below the berth.
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove with oven.
- Top loading ice chest with Fridgoboat K-50 12-volt refrigeration. (2008)
- Stainless sink w/ hot and cold pressure water.
- Pot locker, custom galley shelves and dish rack, and chopping boards for stove and sink tops.
Engine and Mechanical
- 1990 Volvo (model # 2003) fresh water cooled diesel engine w/Racor fuel/water separator.
- Propeller is a 3-bladed feathering MaxProp.
- Pressurized water with engine heated/110V hot water.
- Frigoboat K50 Refrigeration. (2008)
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning/heating unit (2000)
- Salt water washdown pump.
- Waste holding tank and monitor gauge.
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine C80 Chart Plotter (helm). (2008)
- Raymarine 125 GPS Receiver. (2008)
- Raymarine ST60 Wind, Speed, Depth Receivers (fwd bulkhead).
- Furuno radar.
- Autohelm 7000 autopilot.
- VHF radio.
- 12-Volt DC system.
- (2) House batteries, (1) Engine Battery.
- 110 Volt AC system with (2) 50' shore cords.
- AM/FM/CD stereo with interior and cockpit speakers.
- Battery charger.
- 10 chrome cabin lights, 1 chart light.
- 3 Guest cabin fans.
- Rail-mounted navigation lights and tri-color masthead light.
- 12 volt outlet in cockpit.
- Doyle full battened mainsail.
- Doyle “Quiksilver” 135% genoa.
- Doyle storm jib.
- Doyle staysail.
- Mackpack (by harding sails). (2012)
Spars & Rigging
- Cutter rig w/removable inner forestay.
- Hall “QuikVang”
- Furlex jib roller furler.
- Flag and burgee halyards.
- 2 halyard stoppers.
- All standing rigging 1X19 stainless steel.
- Metalmast aluminum mast and boom.
- 2 Barient 21-33 2-speed on cabin top.
- Barient 24-45 2-speed and Lewmar 44 primaries in cockpit.
- 2 Barient 17 mast winches.
- 1 Barient 10 reefing winch.
- Plow anchor w/12’ chain and 200’ rode.
- Danforth 20H anchor w/mounting chocks and 200’ rode stored in sail locker.
- Cockpit bimini and frame. (2008)
- Screens for all ports.
- Screens for Bomar hatches.
- Helm and brightwork covers. (2011)
- Storage bag in sail locker for companionway drop boards.
- Fenders and dock lines.
- 50’ water hose.
- MOM rescue pod.
- Horseshoe life ring.
- Fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Unknown, ME, United States
Ocean Series 42
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 46
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 44
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Bass Harbor, ME, United States
San Francisco, CA, United States