- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Plattsburgh, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 259,000
CANADIAN OWNER MOTIVATED!
LOOKING FOR OFFERS!
A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A WORLD CLASS SAILING VESSEL!
World Class Blue Water Cruising Vessel price just slashed! Owner is interested in offers. MISTRESS V is a well equipped cruising vessel with three spacious staterooms, a comfortable salon/dining area with spectacular 360 degree visibility from her warm dry Pilothouse. She can easily accommodate 6 guests in comfort with her unique deck and cockpit layout. She is perfect for coastal cruising or exploring oceans and equipped to do both. She has efficient wind and solar systems, large capacity tankage and all the comforts of home including Air conditioning, 8kw generator, and deep freezer. Cruise in comfort and confidence with fuel capacity to cruise under power for 9 days and 1000 + miles, and plenty of water capacity. Her pilothouse offers the comfort of dry warm sailing during those challenging offshore passages.
Please contact George Eberhard at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Dieter Empacher
Flag of Registry: Canada
LOA: 51 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 3 in
LWL: 41 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 0 in
Displacement: 42800 lbs
Ballast: 20000 lbs
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-236
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4000
Engine Power: 85 HP
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 Aluminum (315 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (220 Gallons)
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
The pilothouse/raised salon is accessed directly from the cockpit bridge deck. Three steps down from the cockpit brings you to the bright pilothouse with its excellent visibility and 360 degree views. A settee, club chairs and cocktail table are to port, the steering and nav. station are to starboard. Plenty of storage is found here. A few steps down and aft of the pilothouse is a generous air conditioned owner’s suite with centerline queen berth and en-suite head to starboard with a separate stall shower to port. The size of the private aft cabin is similar to what one would expect in a center cockpit design with the benefit of a much more comfortable aft cockpit.
Forward of the pilothouse/raised salon and down a few steps is the U shaped offshore galley to port with dining/lounge settee opposite. This area benefits from the natural light of the forward pilothouse windows. Two forward air conditioned guest cabins, one with with full-length upper and lower berths, one a V berth, have hanging lockers and shelves, and share a head. A lazarette and forepeak provide excellent storage space.
- Varnished cabin sole
- New interior lighting
The pilothouse, with 360 degree panoramic view, houses the inside steering station with chart table and electronics console. The curved staircase up to the bridge deck counterbalances the port side wrap-around lounging area, comfortable settee, dining table and chairs. Locker and storage space is what one could expect for a long distance passagemaker. The upholstery was renewed in 2006. There is a generous engine area located amidships and accessed from pilothouse floor hatches.
A center line queen with lots of storage and hanging locker provide comforts normally reserved for center cockpit vessels. The en-suite head is to starboard and the separate shower to port. This private owner’s suite includes plenty of drawers and cubbies along with hanging locker.
There are two guest cabins forward of the deck salon, one with V berth and one with upper and lower berths. Both cabins have hanging lockers and shelves and share a head and shower.
Good locker space, new Corian countertops and holding plate refrigeration system.
- Two deep stainlesssteel sinks
- Sea Frost 12V and engine Grunert engine and 220V driven holding place refrigerator and a separate freezer
- Built-in Sharp microwave
- Four burner Force Ten propane stove (2006)
- Pressure fresh water system (H/C)
- Fresh water system foot pump
- Deep drawers and pot locker under propane stove and microwave
- Raw water foot pump
Inside helm includes Robertson autopilot control and B&G multi-display which includes depth, wind direction and speed (total of 20 functions), Garmin GPS 126, Icom VHF 320 and Icom 802 SSB. Upper helm (cockpit) has B&G multi data instruments (includes speed depth and wind direction), remote autopilot control as well as the Bow Thruster control and a Standard Horizon Chart Plotter
- Standard Horizon 1000 C GPS/Plotter
- Icom cockpit VHF
- Robertson autopilot – (new Octopus hydraulic pump 2006)
- Robertson fluxgate electronic compass
- Furuno weatherfax
- Icom VHF radio (lower station)
- Back up GPS (Garmin 126) wired at chart table for laptop computer hookup (Includes GPS antenna)
- ICOM 802 single side band transceiver with Pactor II (E-mails)
- ICOM A140 auto antenna tuner (2006) (scans for best signal)
- Kenwood CD/AM/FM stereo system with salon speakers and cockpit speakers with remote control
- Plastimo inside steering compass
In 2008, the generator was rebuilt, as well as two solar panels added in 2006. Five (5) new 4-D AGM batteries were installed in 2012.
- 8 KW Westerbeke generator (120V and 240V ) rebuilt in 2008. 1600 hours
- 5 AGM batteries (2012)
- Separate starter AGM battery (2012)
- Dual 240/120 volt AC electrical system and 12-volt DC system
- 50 amp dockside connection with electrical cable
- 2500 watt inverter/charger
- Link battery monitor
- Lestek 140 amp high output alternator
- Ample Power Smart regulator
- 2 solar panels
- Twin Aerogen wind generators (max output 20 amps each)
- Navigation lights
- Tricolor/anchor light/strobe light
- Search light
- Spreader lights
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
Major mechanical refit in 2006 including batteries, rebuilt generator, new pumps, new refrigeration, new anchor chain.
- Perkins 4-236 80 hp diesel main engine
- Engine transmission (2000)
- Side Power 24V bow thruster (cockpit control joystick)
- Reverse Cycle Ocean Breeze 24,000 BTU air conditioner with programmable digital climate control
- New Force 10 hot water heater 220 volts (2006)
- New Sea Frost 12 volt refrigerator & freezer systems (2006)
- 3-bladed bronze max prop (feathering)
- 3 electric bilge pumps and one manual bilge pump
- 1 ¾” stainless steel shaft
- Both heads replaced with Raritan Electric units, including new hoses and clamps
Deck and Hull
Designer’s Comments: "The hull form with powerful aft section assures excellent reaching performance and the fine waterline entrance provides good upwind capability. The keel has been designed for maximum lift and the hull has moderate wetted surface for better lighter air performance. In heavier air and at 15 degrees heel, the yacht will pick up added form stability which, with her longer waterline, will give a calculated speed of over 9.4 knots. The high aspect rudder ensures good control under all conditions."
- Urethane hull insulation. Hull and topsides were faired and painted in 2004.
- Custom arch with two wind generators and antennas
There is a large aft cockpit. The wide side decks are covered with teak as well as the cockpit floor, seats and bridge deck. Full-length bulwarks, rugged windlass and double heavy duty anchor rollers are valued features of this bluewater design.
- New Goiot 1500 watt 12V windlass installed (2006) with remote controls and foot switches
- 150’ 3/8” anchor chain (G 40 grade ) for storm use
- New (2006) anchor chain 10 mm 150’ with 66 lbs Bruce main anchor.
- Louver type cowls
- Boarding ladder
- 4hp Mariner outboard
Sails and Rigging
With roller furling headsail, Stoway main and self-tacking staysail, the helmsman can manage all sails from the safety of the cockpit. The easy sail handling makes Mistress V a pleasure to day sail shorthanded on short trips or long distance ocean cruises. Her sail inventory was upgraded with a new main (2003) and a new Genoa in 2004.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioning system
- Furlex furling headstay
- Cabin top mainsail control winch
- Insulated backstay (doubles as the SSB antenna)
- Staysail release lever
- New headsail (2004)
- New mainsail (2003)
- 1 x 19 stainless steel rigging
- Norseman or Stalok end fittings
- Running backstay
- New dodger/bimini in 2006
- Full awning with water catchment system installed in 2006
- Cockpit cushions
- Avon 6-person liferaft
- EPIRB (2006)
- Life vests
- M.O.B. Life sling
- Emergency tiller
Mistress V is one of the few aft cockpit pilothouse sailing yacht designs that really works at 51’. Dieter Empacher created a special offshore cruising yacht that has a true pilothouse which gives a proper inside steering station and a comfortable lounging/dining area. Dieter Empacher was chief designer of Little Harbor Yacht Design. His Kanter designs, like his work for Ted Hood, offer excellent sailing performance with a displacement hull that is comfortable and dry. Kanter is one of North America’s most experienced metal boat builders.
Not For Sale in US Waters
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Hull 10 RS
Newport, RI, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Charleston, SC, United States
Brunswick, GA, United States
Lake Worth, FL, United States