- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portland, ME
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 34,500
A strong performance capability and the warmth of the teak interior make the C&C 34R, also known as the C&C 34/36 (smaller sister to the 37/40), a popular racer cruiser. SCAPA has been extensively upgraded and is for sale only because her owner is moving up. Upgrades include new electronics, inverter, recent sails, all new running rigging in Vectran or Dynema, mast & boom re-powder coated, all new blocks and rope clutches, and much more. Please read the full specs for details.
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Robert Ball
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 35 ft 6 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 29 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 10500 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 4520 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 53 ft 4 in
Total Power: 22 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1990
Engine Model: 3GM30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 22 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots @ 2600 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (20 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (20 Gallons)
Total Power: 30
Cruising Speed: 6.5
Max Speed: 7.0
Fuel: 20 Alum
Fresh Water: 30 Gal Poly
Accommodations for up to eight in a partially varnished teak interior with a teak and holly sole. Starting forward there is a V-berth with filler, below where there is bin-type stowage. Aft and to port is the enclosed head with manual W.C. plumbed via Y-valve to the holding tank, vanity with stainless steel sink with manual freshwater and stowage. Opposite to starboard are two generous hanging lockers.
Continuing aft is the main cabin with straight settees P&S, under which is tankage and bin-type stowage with stowage behind the seatbacks as well. Above the settees and outboard are pilot berths' P&S. On C/L there is a drop-leaf teak table capable of comfortably seating the racing crew.
Further aft is the Galley; to port is the primary working space, including sink and two-burner Force 10 gimbaled stove with oven, while opposite to port is the large ice box, the top of which can double as the Nav. Center. Just aft and to starboard is stowage in three cubbies.
All the way aft is a very generous berthing area easily capable of sleeping two or more, as well as a small table and the boat's electrical distribution panels.
- JL Stereo system including AM/FM reciever and CD changer with amp, and sub woofer 2013
- Wi-Fi Go Free 2011
- Triton 15" monitor at stbd interior bulkhead 2011 could be connected to navigation system or a DVD player
Sails & Rigging
Aluminum keel-stepped triple spreader rig with Navtech rod rigging. The mast and boom were re-powder coated white in 2011. Every block and rope clutch was replaced in 2011/12 and a new German-style mainsheet added with Lewmar-self tailing winches' P&S. All new Vectran and Dynema running rigging 2011 - 2012. Vectrus backstay new 2012. The boat was laid up for 6 years (2004-2010) and the prior owner only raced the boat seriously in '01 & '02 then just periodically in '03 and '04 so the older sails are much "younger" than their age indicates.
- Navtech Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster rebuilt 2011
- Furlex roller Furl 01'
- Tuff Luff system for main 2011
- Hallett Sails Pentex Main 2012 1/2
- Hallett Sails Pentex 135% RF 2012 1/2
- Hallett Sails 3/4 oz Spinnaker 2013 used 4X
- Bayview Sails Main 03'
- Bayview Sails 115% RF genoa 01'
- North Mylar Lt. #1 98'
- North Norlam #3 Blade 98'
- North .75 oz spinnaker 98'
- Shore 0.5 oz spinnaker 96'
- Storm Jib
- North Light #1 155%
- Rigid Vang
- Spinnaker pole
- Harken Adjustable genoa cars
- Barient 28 @ speed primaries
- Lewmar #40ST mainsheet winches P&S 2011
- Lewmar 40 2spd ST halyard winches
- New sail cover 2012
- Every line and block on the boat is NEW 2011/2012
- Brooks & Gatehouse Network system 99, including wind, depth, speed, & Network Data 2 B&G Network Displays added 2012
- B&G Zeus Touch plotter at helm 2012
- B&G color down sounder/transducer
- Raymarine X-5 Autopilot 2012 with wireless remote
- Raymarine C120 radar plotter 2012
- Standard Horizon Explorer VHF with DSC and GPS interface 2012
- Triton display with windshift indicator 2012
- Sirius XM weather receiver 2014
- AIS "B" A150 transponder 2014
- Nema Wi-Fi network 2012
- Two 4" bulkhead mount compasses
Wired for both 110 Volt AC and 12 Volt DC service. Extensive upgrades and all new primary wiring 2012 with Blue Seas boat master all weather switch at the port cockpit. A Magnum Energy inverter new 2014 will handle light load AC needs off the dock.
- Switch panel with breakers
- Blue Seas Marine Systems Monitor
- Balmar 70 amp alternator & 3 stage voltage regulator 2012
- 1 4d Lifeline AGM house/inverter battery 2012
- 1 Group 31 Lifeline AGM house battery 2012
- Switch panel with breakers
- 30 amp shore power connection
- Magnum Energy 1800 watt inverter/60 amp charger 2014
Freshwater-cooled Yanmar diesel turns a two-bladed Max prop folding propeller on a 1 1/8" shaft. The engine received an extensive overhaul of all its auxillary fittings in 2011 ,including adding Dual Racors, new throttle and clutch cables, new raw water pump and jacket, rebuilt fuel pump. The fuel tank was removed, cleaned, and re-installed at that time as well.
- Dual Racor fuel filters 2011
- Electrical bilge pump new 2014 along with all associated wiring and hoses
- Steering gear overhauled 2011 including all new cables and chain
- Manual bilge pump
- Two-blade folding Max Prop re-built 2014
Hull & Deck
In keeping with her performance-oriented design, the 34R was built as a composite hull with Kevlar and Fiberglass laminates to keep weight down. Partially cored fiberglass two-tone deck. Custom elliptical keel was added in 1998, which greatly improved her upwind pointing ability. Original gel coated hull in excellent condition nicely waxed. Bottom is finished in Pettit Vivid Decks were re-finished with Awlgrip and griptex in 2012.
In 2004, a new Edson wheel steering unit was installed.
Ample cockpit for racing gives way to a scoop transom, wide side decks with stainless stanchions with double lifelines, double stainless bow, and stern rails.
- Rudder dropped, opened, and re-cored 2011
- New stainless radar antenna mast 2011
- LED nav. lights 2011
- Deck illumination and spreader lights 2011
- New Spectra lifelines 2011
Keel & Rudder faired, bottom finished in Baltaplate, wet sanded to 400.
A fairly cruisy interior for a performance-oriented race boat, SCAPA can carry the family in style as well as bring home the silver. She has had so much work done to her over the past two to three years that she should be a very easy boat to own for the next several!
- 14 lb Danforth with app 20' chain and 150' rode
- Emergency tiller
- Two Valaises with four Type 2 PFD's ea.
- Flare Kit
- Horseshoe life ring
- Two fire extinguishers
- Three fenders
- Four dock lines
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from East Coast Yacht Sales
Hard Top Sedan
Hyannis, MA, United States
Unknown, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Hunt Custom Downeast
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Robb Ladd 53' Custom By Scorpio
Raised Deck Salon
Plymouth, MA, United States