- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kemah, TX
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 74,900
Partial Refit !!! New Electronics, New Batteries, New Refrigeration Compressor, AIS Ray Marine 650, Stack Pack, Removed Mast, Inspected Rigging, Rod Rigging Re-headed. Much More .
This Boat is a True "Blue Water" CLASSIC and perfect for that cruise to the islands or can be very competitive should you decide to race. With her efficient hull design, the 35.5 features graceful lines and a comfortable layout that provides a spacious, uncluttered feeling when above or below decks. This proven Ted Hood design epitomizes the obsessive concern for quality of workmanship and structural integrity for which Bristol Yachts are famous.
This boat is a beautiful example of this classic yacht. She has been well-maintained and offers many CUSTOM features. She is in EXCELLENT condition and will certainly appeal to the discerning buyer who wants a classic, late model, Bristol 35.5. Some of her great features include:
- MarineAir 16,000 BTU’s Reverse Cycle A/C & Heat (New 2005)
- Roller Furling Genoa
- Bimini, Dodger with cover & Sun Awning
- Custom flush mount electronics panel & electronics locker located outboard of nav stationCustom AC/DC breaker panel & electrical system distribution locker located outboard of nav station
- Upgraded satin varnished cherry interior
- Custom louvered doors on all interior lockers
- Custom nav station bookshelf & custom drawers under chart table
- Custom dinnerware & cup storage lockers in galley
- Custom stainless steel lined ice box in galley with Adler Barbour Super Cold Machine refrigeration
- Custom drop-leaf counter extension in galley
- Custom dining table with liquor locker in center
- And MUCH, MUCH more!
This classic yacht is a lovely cruising vessel that can go anywhere, any time and is equipped to deliver both speed and comfort.
See the full specifications for more details and CALL TODAY – This boat won’t last long!
Sales Professional Since 1975. With over 50 boats in two locations, it’s like a boat show every day!
Contact Listing Agent:
Josh Johnson CPYB
- Direct (281) 734-7703
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding the right boat for you, Power or Sail Worldwide Since 1975 with Professionalism and Integrity. Island Packet Specialist Since 1984.
More Contact Info for Josh→
- LYS Website: Little Yacht Sales
- Josh’s Website: Sailboatcorner.com
How to Find US!→
- Pier 6&7 Waterford Harbor
800 Mariners Dr. Kemah TX
- Mail Only:
P.O. Box 259 Kemah, TX 77565
Please contact Josh Johnson at 281 734 7703
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 35 ft 6 in
Beam: 10 ft 10 in
LWL: 27 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 15000 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 36 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1990
Engine Model: 38B
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 36 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
The AM/FM/CD radio was replaced in 2015 with a AM/FM/MP3/Bluetooth/ receiver
- Replaced Navigation light lenses - 2016
- MasterVolt 40amp charger- 2015
- New Wheel cover - 2016
- All winches serviced - 2016
- Premium Head is a Raritan PH ll installed in 2013
- All Head plumbing, including Y valve and anti siphon loops were replace in 2016 using double clamped Raritan odor shield Hoses
- External bright work stripped and refinished 12 coats - 2016
- New Stack Pack/w lazy jacks - 2016
- Installed Lee cloths on settee berths - 2016
- Replaced raw water pump, old one was rebuilt and is onboard as spare - 2015
- The AM/FM/CD radio was replaced in 2015 with a AM/FM/MP3/Bluetooth/ receiver
- Install Raymarine AIS 650 - 2015
- Replaced House and Starting Batteries - 2015 - 3 group 24 85ah lead acid house one group 24 85ah starting Lead Acid
- Replaced Interior and Navigation Lights with LED bulbs - 2015
- New Lower gudgeon - 2015
- Alder Barbour Evaporator replaced - 2015
- New Angle guard/w Navpod - 2015
- New MasterVolt 40amp charger - 2015
- New Raymarine A67 plotter at helm - 2015
- New Raymarine Evolution EV 200 sail pilot - 2015
- Replaced sailing instruments, Raymarine I50/60 wind, depth and speed - 2014
- Rebuilt mainsheet traveler – replaced mainsheet - 2014
- Removed mast, rig inspection, rod rigging re-headed - 2014
- Maxprop was removed and serviced in 2013
- Replace bronze prop shaft with Aquamet 22 shaft - 2014
The main saloon features a custom centerline-mounted table with liquor locker in center and generous seating for a comfortable living area below decks. The saloon aptly demonstrates both the attention to detail provided by Bristol craftsman and the open space look of Ted Hood’s design. Extension settee berths both port and starboard provide comfortable sleeping accommodations that are well-ventilated and cramp free.
Located to port, the navigation area combines a seakindly quarter berth with a full-sized chart table. The 35.5’s navigation area is designed and built for the seagoing skipper. There is ample room for chart storage under the large lift-top table and outboard shelves easily handle books and electronic equipment. Across from the nav station and conveniently located adjacent to the companionway, there is a spacious and efficient galley. Built in a U-shape, this area has plenty of counter space, ample storage and a deep, double sink with hot and cold pressure water.
With its traditional V-berth arrangement and selection of fine woods hand crafted into the closets, berths and dovetailed drawers; the forward stateroom epitomizes the quality workmanship Bristol has built its reputation on. The forward cabin also features separate access to the well-appointed head with hot and cold pressure water and shower. Opposite the head to starboard, is a hanging locker, beautifully lined in cedar, with access from both the main saloon and the forepeak.
This boat has many custom features that enhance the beauty and functionality of the interior. Some of the details include:
- Satin varnished cherry interior with durable exterior varnish on all high-wear surfaces (grab rails, fiddle rails, companionway steps, companionway trim, dining table, etc.).
- Fully removable custom headliner for access to all cabin wiring.
- 5" thick interior cushions.
- Lee cloths for safety and comfort offshore
- V-berth filler cushion.
- Interior curtains with liners.
- Custom louvered doors on all interior lockers.
- Varnished teak and ash sole in main cabin and forepeak.
- Teak molding around periphery of cabin sole.
- Companionway steps fitted with removable, grooved, non-skid teak pads.
- Custom flush mount electronics panel and electronics locker located outboard of nav station.
- Custom AC/DC breaker panel and electrical system distribution locker located abaft electronics locker.
- Custom nav station bookshelf located aft of electrical distribution locker.
- Custom drawers under chart table with partitions in top drawer.
- Louvered opening in athwartships bulkhead under quarterberth for battery compartment ventilation.
- Custom dinnerware storage locker in galley outboard of sink with 2 silverware drawers beneath.
- Custom cup locker on aft galley bulkhead.
- Custom ice box with: 1) SS liner; 2) Insulation - 4" poured polyurethane foam all around and 3” poured polyurethane foam on doors; 3) Doors fitted with gasket; 4) SS hinges on doors and SS springs to hold them open; 5) Plexiglas grate in bottom of ice box.
- Full size, double sink in galley.
- Custom drop leaf counter extension with fiddle rails in galley next to sink.
- Two custom solid (un-louvered) doors under galley sink for easy access to pumps and filters installed under sink.
- Custom shelves and partition under galley sink.
- Custom solid cherry paper towel rack in galley.
- Custom cabinet for securing TV in port aft above settee locker.
- Custom solid cherry frames around all door and locker openings to cover plywood grain.
- Custom dining table with 1) Floor mounted dining table with 2 drop leaves; 2) Liquor locker in center of dining table.
- Custom, cedar lined hanging locker.
- Custom two piece folding door between forepeak and main saloon.
- Custom oval mirror with solid cherry frame in head.
- Custom solid cherry toilet paper holder in head.
The spacious and efficient galley is located to starboard, adjacent to the companionway for good ventilation and to keep the cook in close contact with the cockpit. Built in a U-shape, this area combines large counter surfaces and ample storage space with a deep, double sink (hot and cold pressurized water), Adler-Barbour Super Cold Machine refrigeration and a three burner gimbaled propane stove with oven. Details include:
- Three burner SS propane stove with oven: Shipmate Model S883GM.
- SS seaguard rail in front of stove.
- Hook and eye to lock stove from gimbaling.
- Propane tanks: 2 11 lb. tanks in cockpit propane locker with teak grate under and divider between.
- Solenoid switch in propane line to stove, with control switch mounted in galley next to cup locker.
- Pressure water pump: Groco Paragon Model PJRA, located under galley sink.
- Galley fresh water foot pump: Whale Gusher Galley MK III Model GP-0550, located under galley sink.
- Moen single handle faucet at galley sink for hot and cold pressure water.
- Separate faucet at galley sink for fresh water foot pump.
- In-line water filter: Aqua Pure Model AP51T with AP117 Taste/Odor Cartridge.
- Adler-Barbour SuperColdMachine Refrigeration.
Mechanical & Plumbing
- Reverse cycle heat pump air conditioner/heater:
- MarineAir 16,000 BTU with compressor, evaporator and blower combined in a single unit. New unit installed in 2005.
- MarineAir Passport digital control unit.
- Compressor unit - under starboard forepeak berth.
- Water pump - under galley sink.
- Cooling water discharge - in head locker, fitted with bronze seacock and thru-hull.
- Control unit – flush mounted in aft forepeak bulkhead.
- Cherry duct and plenum located inside hanging locker.
- Vents: 1) 2 in main saloon; 2) 1 in forepeak; 3) Return air – under starboard forepeak berth.
- Cherry border on all vents, including return air vent.
Adler-Barbour SuperColdMachine Refrigeration
- Large capacity vertical freezer unit (Model SCM 15).
- Water cooling package (Model C8350).
- Ventilation duct kit (Model C8070).
- Freezer unit - on aft wall of ice box.
- Compressor - on shelf in locker abaft quarterberth.
- Water pump - in port settee locker with cherry cover box.
- Water pump switch - in galley next to cup locker.
- Ventilation duct - in aft quarterberth bulkhead.
- Both A/C and refrigeration water intakes fitted with Groco raw water strainers mounted in bilge on SS brackets.
- Hot water heater: Allcraft Model V-5SS, 5.6 gal., all SS, secured with SS strap, located in starboard cockpit locker.
- Shower with separate sump and sump pump.
- Shower sump pump: 1) Flojet Model 4100 with strainer and Rule float switch; 2) Located on bulkhead under head sink.
- Head: Premium The Head is a Raritan phii installed in 2013
- .All Head plumbing, including Y valve and anti siphon loops were replace in 2016 using double clamped Raritan odor shield hoses.
- Manual bilge pump: 1) Edson 18 Model 258AL with 1-1/2" suction and discharge ports; 2) Thru-bulkhead mount in aft bulkhead of cockpit well.
- Automatic bilge pumps: 1) Two automatic bilge pumps: Rule 2000 GPH Model 09; 2) Each pump fitted with its own independent bilge pump switch: Ultra Pumpswitch Model WPS-02-12V; 3) Pumps installed one above the other on removable SS bracket in aft bilge compartment.
- 12V fuel tank gauge: VDO #A306-001, mounted on panel below chart table.
- Water tank gauges: Rochester Model 8280 mounted on top of tanks.
- Seacocks on all thru-hulls: Spartan, all hoses double clamped. . All Sea cocks were removed and lapped in 2013.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room, with indicator light mounted on panel below chart table.
- Three portable fire extinguishers located: 1) Above quarterberth; 2) Top of port aft forepeak bulkhead, accessible through forepeak deck hatch; 3) Starboard cockpit locker.
- Custom flush mount electronics panel and electronics locker outboard of nav station.
- ICOM M120 VHF radio: 1) Flush mounted on nav station electronics panel; 2) Metz SS whip VHF radio antenna mounted on masthead; 3) Marine grade MG8U antenna cable.
- Autohelm I-50 and I 60 sailing instruments: 1) Wind speed/direction; 2) Knotmeter/log; 3) Depth sounder; 4) Mounted on Corian panel in seahood instrument pod.
- Autopilot: 1) EV 200 Ray Marine Auto-pilot ; 2) Autopilot control unit mounted in white fiberglass pod on wheel pedestal.
- A67 Hybrid Touch Multifunction Display with Bluethooth and Wifi .
- Marine AM/FM/CD stereo: 1) 4 interior speakers (2 tweeters, 2 midrange/woofers) mounted in forward main saloon bulkhead; 2) 2 exterior speakers mounted Corian panel in seahood instrument pod; 3) Stereo unit flush mounted on nav station electronics panel; 4) Metz SS whip AM/FM radio antenna mounted on masthead; 5) Backs of interior speakers covered inside lockers with cherry boxes with removable covers for easy access.
- Custom AC/DC breaker panel and electrical system distribution locker abaft nav station electronics locker.
- Batteries: EHG-210 6V 210AH batteries connected to form 2 12V 210AH banks.
- Battery selector switch with alternator field disconnect protection.
- Heavy duty marine grade battery cables and terminals.
- Ample Power System 7 electrical system monitor flush mounted on nav station electronics panel.
- MasterVolt 40amp charger ( 2015) with automatic battery temperature sensing, located in starboard cockpit locker.
- Battery box: 1) Fitted with heavy duty cover secured by SS bolts threaded into SS brackets; 2) Located under quarterberth.
- Shore power connector located outboard on starboard cockpit coaming.
- Eight 110V shore power outlets throughout the interior. Backs of 110V outlets covered with cherry boxes with removable covers for easy access.
- Five 12V outlets.
- Three 12V fans: Hella Turbo (Cat. No. 87176).
- Running lights, tri-color masthead & anchor light. All Led
- Nine 12V interior S/S dome overhead lights.
- 12V Led light in galley.
- 12V Led lights in forepeak, port and starboard, under overhead lockers.
- Four 12V brass reading lights, 2 in main saloon, 2 in forepeak.
- 12V light in hanging locker.
- 12V engine compartment light.
- 12V navigation light at chart table with red night light: Guest #819-1.
- 12V light on bulkhead on each side of mirror in head: Hella Model 62128.
- Bonding system: 1) All seacocks, mast, shrouds, forestay, backstay, engine, fuel tank, rudder, air conditioning, refrigeration and other critical components bonded together with #8 marine grade wire and soldered terminals; 2) Bonding system connected to hull mounted zinc anode.
- Lightning protection system for all shrouds, forestay, backstay, and mast.
Cockpit, Deck & Hull
- Modified Full keel with lead ballast.
- White hull, deck and deckhouse.
- Blue over white Awlgrip bootstripe.
- 5 coats Interlux 2000 epoxy barrier coat on bottom.
- Double railed bow and stern pulpit.
- Varnished exterior teak brightwork.
- High, wide, flared toe rail.
- Cockpit coaming caps 7/8" thick instead of standard 1/2".
- Mooring cleats: 1) 10" SS Herreshoff type; 2) SS backing plates for all mooring cleats, including mid-rail cleats.
- Edson wheel steering with hand brake.
- Wheel pedestal guard, mounted in cockpit floor.
- 6" Ritchie compass mounted in SS binnacle on wheel pedestal.
- 4 opening ports - 2 port, 2 starboard.
- Removable folding companionway doors (in addition to standard companionway hatch boards): 1) Paneled teak doors; 2) SS louvered vent in each door; 3) Paneled teak drop board beneath doors to raise doors so they clear cockpit cushions when opened; 4) Boat can be locked using either the hatch boards alone or the folding doors alone.
- Folding cockpit table mounted on wheel pedestal guard.
- Drink holder mounted on wheel pedestal guard, above and separate from the cockpit table.
- Enclosed anchor locker in forepeak with hawse, drain and louvered access doors in forepeak.
- Foredeck anchor well with drain.
- Custom shelves and divider in starboard cockpit locker.
- Varnished teak flag staff and mount.
- Emergency tiller.
Spars & Rigging
- Roller furling: 1) Harken Unit 2 Series C roller furling gear; 2) Harken #267 lead block kit for running furling line aft to cockpit; 3) Solid SS extender bar fitted below roller furling gear to raise it clear of deck.
- Winches: 1) Genoa sheet - Lewmar #46CST; 2) Mainsheet - Lewmar #40CST; 3) Genoa halyard - Lewmar #40C; 4) Main halyard - Lewmar #40C; 5) Reefing - Lewmar #16; 6) 2 lock-in winch handles: Lewmar #1121; 6) Acorn nuts under genoa sheet winches and cleats.
- Inboard and outboard genoa track.
- Traveler: 1) Mid-boom traveler mounted on SS traveler bridge above companionway; 2) Harken #561 traveler kit; 3) Deckhouse reinforced under traveler bridge with extra fiberglass and SS backing plates.
- Mainsheet and traveler control lines: 1) Mainsheet and traveler control lines lead aft through splash rail through ports lined with SS bushings; 2) Mainsheet winch and cleat mounted on cabin top with SS backing plates; 3) Mainsheet blocks: Harken 3.00" Big Boat Blocks (4 - #504, 1 - #507, 1- #511, 1 - #670); 4) Cam cleats for traveler control lines mounted on cabin top.
- Spinnaker gear, including fixed (non-telescoping) spinnaker pole.
- (4) Wilcox Crittenden Cleats (Main sheet, genoa sheet, mast & boom)
- Low-stretch New England Ropes Sta-Set X halyards.
- All halyards and lifts internal.
- Second genoa halyard.
- Mainsail outhaul internal to boom.
- Boom topping lift.
- Jiffy reefing: 1) Internal to boom; 2) Reefing winch mounted on boom.
- Cunningham: 6 part with Harken blocks, integral camcleat, wire, hook, snap shackle.
- Boom vang: 8:1 with Harken Mid-Range blocks.
- Mast wiring: 1) Mast wiring runs inside conduit; 2) Mast fitted with empty conduit for running additional wiring in the future.
- Bottom of mast and mast step with coated with epoxy.
- Lifelines: 1) Double lifelines with open barrel turnbuckles, forward and aft, on both upper and lower lifelines; 2) Port and starboard lifeline gates with Gibb pelican hooks.
Sails & Canvas
- Hood mainsail.
- Hood 135% roller furling genoa.
- Shore Sails 110% roller furling genoa.
- Hood MPS cruising chute.
- Bimini with S/S frame with S/S fittings.
- Dodger with dodger cover and S/S frame with S/S fittings.
- Mainsail cover.
- Sun awning.
- Closed cell foam cockpit cushions with Polynet breathable covers.
- Westerbeke 38B 36 HP, 4 cylinder diesel engine.
- Westerbeke Admiral engine instrument panel, flush mounted on side of cockpit well next to wheel with temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, voltmeter, tachometer, hour meter, low oil pressure light and audible alarm, high temperature light and audible alarm, ignition switch and glow plug activation button.
- Alternator with Ample Power 200A high output alternator with double belt drive to prevent belt slippage and reduce belt wear, zap-stop alternator diode protector & alternator electronic noise suppression filter.
- Engine controls mounted on wheel pedestal.
- Remote engine oil filter for easy access.
- Secondary water-separating fuel filter: Racor #500FG
- Engine cooling water intake fitted with Groco raw water filter mounted in bilge on SS bracket.
- Engine fuel shutoff valve.
- 3" engine room blower (PAR #35115-0020) with S/S blower vents mounted on aft side of aft cockpit coaming.
- Propeller: 16" diameter Max-Prop feathering propeller.
- PSS Shaft Seal drip-free stuffing box.
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
Other Boats from Little Yacht Sales
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
Sun Odyssey 50 DS
Kemah, TX, United States