- View Full Specifications
Great price on a great boat!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Miami, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 94,000
Great blue-water cruiser under $100k...What a Value!
"BELLATRIX" is a true blue water passage-maker, ready to take her crew comfortably & efficiently to any destination or simply enjoy weekend cruising or racing on Biscayne Bay!
She is a Scheel-keel version, drawing only 5'2", so she's also ready for the Keys and Bahamas. She is one of the original Sparkman & Stephens designs and is equipped with many extras.
Hull number 64 is ready for her next voyage.
CLICK ON FULL SPECS FOR MORE INFO.
Call Matt Gosselin at 305.318.2066
or Sadie Gosselin at 305-318-2336
to make an appointment to see Bellatrix!
Please contact Matthew Gosselin at 305-318-2066
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Tartan Marine
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 2 in
Displacement: 17800 lbs
Ballast: 7600 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 56 ft 0 in
Total Power: 44 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: 5444-M50
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4880
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 44 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2500 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 (104 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (47 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (17 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
"BELLATRIX" accommodates (6) total. (4) in two private staterooms, with settees to port & starboard for (2) additional guests. The varnished teak interior and teak and holly cabin sole provide a warm and welcoming ambience.
Starting forward is an offset double berth with a removable filler/seat. Outboard shelves provide storage. An overhead hatch provides ample light and excellent ventilation.
The large head is located to port, aft of the forward cabin. The head features a separate shower area with ample storage for linens. There is a Y-valve, holding tank, Raritan manual head and macerator pump for the head discharge. Opposite the head are two hanging lockers with louvered doors.
The main salon is open and very spacious. A bifold table is located aft of the keel-stepped mast & accommodates 6 for meals. The L-shaped settee to port pulls out to create double berth. Another settee to starboard converts to a single berth. Also to starboard are large lockers for storage.
The galley is located on the port side aft with double stainless steel sinks, dry storage,3-burner stove with oven, Adler Barbour 12-v refrigeration and storage for dishes, cookware and provisions. A Princess microwave is installed above the refrigeration.
The navigation area is all the way aft on the port side. Features include a large chart table, seat, electric panels and storage. The VHF, (2) GPS units, & (2) SSBs are mounted here.
Across from the galley is a wet locker and the aft stateroom with a double berth, large hanging locker, seat for dressing and a bureau. Opening ports and overhead hatches provide natural light and ventilation.
The U-shaped galley is to port of the companionway and with two opening ports has excellent ventilation.
- Alder -Barbour Refrigerator
- Corian Countertops
- 2 Stainless Steel sinks
- Whale foot pump (Aug 2015)
- 3-Burner Propane Stove & Oven (2 bottles in deck locker)
- Universal M50 Diesel, 44HP (4880hrs)
- 100 Amp Alternator
- Fixed Fireboy System (Aug 2015)
- Tachometer w/hour meter (Aug 2015)
- Xantrex Battery Charger
- Freedom 2000 Charger Inverter
- (2) 4D House Batteries (2014)
- Dedicated Optima start battery (2014)
- Sunforce 400 Wind Generator (June 2015)
- Two 65 Watt Kyocera Solar Panels mount on bimini
- Village Marine 200 Gpd Watermaker
- PYI 3 Bladed Max Prop
- Maxwell 1200 Windlass
- Marine Air Air Conditioning 16000btu
- PYI Dripless Packing
- Raw Water Washdown (anchor/deck)
Electronics and Electrical
- Garmin GPS Map 230 & Garmin GPS 152
- Garmon GPS Map 547 (Sept 2015)
- Raymarine SL72 Chartplotter Plus Pathfinder Radar
- Raymarine ST60 Instruments (Depth, Speed, Wind)
- Raymarine ST6000+ Autopilot
- Raymarine Tri-data
- Nexus Nav Repeater (cockpit)
- Icom M-402 VHF w/Remote Mic in Cockpit
- Icom M-706 MKII SSB/Ham Radio
- Icom M-600 SSB
- Pactor Modem for SSB E-mail
- External WIFI Antenna
- Sitex AIS
- Pioneer AM/FM Stereo w/CD Changer
- XM WX Works and Radio
Hull and Deck
The cockpit is large and has impressive combings. There is a large cockpit locker to port. Decks are wide with substantial teak toerails. The molded non-skid deck is heavy duty and in very good repair.
The teak toe rail is currently in progress of being stripped and re-sealed.
Bellatrix was hauled in Nov 2014 with a new bottom job using Petit Ultima SR60, with no evidence of osmotic blisters, and new zincs.
- Maxwell 1200 Windlass
- Bruce Anchor 44lB w/30' chain and 250' Rode
- 44lb Delta w/250' 3/4" rode and 100' chain
- Fortress Anchor 35lb w/30' chain
- Cockpit Shower
- Sun Shades
- Side Boarding Ladder
- Binnacle Compass
- Destroyer Wheel 40" (wrapped)
- PYI 3-Blade Feathering Maxprop (re-greased Nov 2014)
Rigging and Sails
- Barient ST 32 primary winches
- Barient ST 27 to port and 24 to starboard for halyard and reefing
*All winches serviced July 2015
- All halyards led aft to coach roof w/stoppers
- Dacron Full Batten Mainsail w/Stack Pack
- UK 110% Furling Jib
- Hood 135% Genoa (refurbished 2013)
- Cruising Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- Dodger, bimini (new strataglass 2014), & sail cover
- Additional full length awning for shade
- Six USCG Type 1 Adult PFDs
- Four USCG Type 2 Child PFDs
- One USCG Type 4 Throwable Horseshoe
- Fire Extinguishers: 4 handheld Dry Chem B-1 ABC Units
- Fixed Fireboy System, Halon (New Aug 2015)
- High water bilge alarm
- Two Rule 2000 electric bilge pumps with float switch & manual
- One manual bilge pump
- Satellite 2 EPIRB (Serviced July 2015)
Bellatrix also conveys with:
- 2011 Bouchon Zodiac Inflatable (8'6")
- 2010 Mercury 2.5hp Outboard
Between 1984 to 1989 Tartan built 72 Tartan 40's. There are very few available on the market at this time. Perhaps this is a testimony to there owners knowing the quality and efficiency of these vessels to take them to ANY cruising ground in the world.
Don't miss this chance to own this Tartan 40 & make your cruising dreams come true!!
*Owners personal affects and clothing do not convey with vessel*
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Sparkman & Stephens Website
Other Boats from Massey Yacht Sales & Service
Sun Odyssey 409
Coral Gables, FL, United States
Stuart, FL, United States
Center Cockpit - Ketch
Miami, FL, United States