- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rochester, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 69,900
"Iteration" has had just one owner since her launch in 1989. Hull, deck, sails, mechanicals, electricals, and interior are all in excellent condition thanks to regular maintenance and upgrades. Bright work is freshly varnish and shows like new. She has been in fresh water and stored indoors since new.
The SABRE 34 Mark II graces the sea with her still contemporary proportions, high performance rig, and exceptionally spacious layout.
She was chosen in 1986 as "Boat of the Year" by SAILING WORLD magazine for the 27' to 38' size range. Her hull configuration is an evolution from larger SABRE models and she has the sea-kindly motion of a much larger yacht.
Her fine entry forward and long run aft gives her a performance advantage whether club racing or cruising. The U-shape of the hull forward, full aft sections, and balanced rudder enhance performance and control when reaching or surfing.
A tall, double spreader rig allows the SABRE 34 to sail close to the wind. Main and genoa halyards are internal. Deck hardware is of the highest quality and positioned for tight upwind sheeting angles. The Lewmar self-tailing winches make tacking a breeze. Two sets of jiffy reefing, plus a topping lift and internal clew outhaul are located on the boom for easy access.
Skippering is a pleasure from the cockpit of the SABRE 34. It is ergonomically designed for sailing efficiency and comfort even after extended hours at the wheel. Its T-shape allows full length reclining comfort with excellent functionality. A raised helmsman's seat doubles as an access hatch to a deep lazarette locker and offers superb visibility over the 36" wheel. One of two large storage lockers features a chart pouch on the lid, an interior locker light, and a folding step for easier access. The traveler, positioned on the cabintop, creates a safer cockpit with clear companionway access, and excellent space utilization.
Contact RCR listing broker Charles “Corbo” Corbishley CPYB for more information or to arrange a viewing; O: 585-339-9730, C: 585-752-2530, email@example.com
Please contact Corbo Corbishley at 585 339 9730
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Sabre Design Team
LOA: 34 ft 2 in
Beam: 11 ft 2 in
LWL: 28 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 4 in
Displacement: 11900 lbs
Ballast: 4900 lbs
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 27-A
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1600
Fresh Water Tanks: (76 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
There's room for two families aboard the SABRE 34 Mark II. An incredibly spacious, well thought out two cabin arrangement sleeps six to seven and has standing headroom of 6' 3".
The owner's forward cabin has a 6' 4" V-berth, with a filler cushion to form a double, plus a vanity for storage of your sailing gear.
The washroom with marine head has a vanity finished in white formica and trimmed with teak. It is accented by a matching towel bar, mirror, soap dish, and toothbrush holder.
The main cabin takes full advantage of its volume with a port settee that slides out to form a double berth, and a settee berth to starboard. A double leaf dining table stows up against the port bulkhead when not in use. Fully deployed it seats diners on both settees. This living area is luxuriously detailed in handcrafted teak.
Make precise navigation decisions from a comfortable and well lit chart table. A chart storage area is located beneath the table top. SABRE's unique tool drawer is located in the face of the table along with two more storage drawers and a cabinet. Seating is on the forward end of the generously sized quarter-berth.
The port-side walk-in galley has formica worktops for quick clean-ups, and are lavishly trimmed in teak. There is room to pack food for a week in the ice-box. Prepare a family meal on the gimballed two burner Propane stove with oven. Live-aboard amenities include built-in waste basket with cutting board cover and a silverware drawer. There are four lockers, two drawers, and overhead cabinetry in the galley providing ample room for a full complement of pots, pans, and dishes.
The teak interior is finished with hand-rubbed tung oil. The sole is teak and holly. All interior cushions have been tastefully recovered and show as new. Interior wood surfaces and fabrics are in truly excellent condition.
· Simrad AP24 Autopilot w/Hydraulic Ram
· Garman 128 GPS at Nav Station
· B&G H1000 at helm; Depth, Boat Speed, True Wind Speed, etc
· 2nd B&G H1000 repeater at Nav Station
· B&G Apparent Wind Display at Helm
· Sail Comp on bulkhead note; Intergraded to GPS to display waypoint data
· Icom IC M55 VHF radio w/remote cockpit speaker
· 5" Richie Pedestal Compass
· JVC RX222 Stereo and CD Player w/ 2 Sony speakers in main salon
· Masthead Windex
· Reiker clinometer
· Removable SeaWatch TV Antenna w/ RF Amplifier, both digital & Analog
· 12 Volt DC
· (2) Group 27 batteries (2005) with parallel switch
· 110 Volt AC with shore power cord
· 400 watt Inverter at Nav Station
Mechanical and Plumbing
· Engine – Westerbeke W27A w/1600 hours
· Injectors rebuild in 2016
· Fresh water cooling system
· Fuel filters
· Engine fuel shut off valve
· Raw water sea strainer
· Wilcox Crittenden Marine Head
· Electric automatic bilge pump
· Manual bilge pump
· Edson wheel steering
· Bilge blower
· Hot water heater with heat exchanger and AC electric element
· Filterite water system filter
· Force 10 Marine two burner PROPANE stove with oven
Sails & Rigging
· Harken roller furling
· Inboard and outboard genoa tracks
· Self-tailing Lewmar 46CST Primary winches
· Self-tailing Lewmar 43CST Secondary winches
· Lewmar 30 CST cabintop winch
· (3) Lewmar 16C cabintop winches
· (6) Winch handles
· Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
· Hall QuikVang boom vang
· Spinnaker Gear and Pole
· Sail area 540 sq. ft.
· All Sails in Good to Very Good Condition
· Mainsail, VF Dacron w/ 2 reefs, fully-batten, loose footed
· #1 Mylar Genoa
· #2 Genoa, Furling, Dacron w/ White UV Cover
· #3 Mylar Jib· #4 Heavy Air Jib, Furling
· Storm Jib, Heavy Dacron
· AP Spinnaker, ¾ oz. Nylon
· Heavy Air Spinnaker, 1.5 oz. nylon
· Mainsail Cover
Hull & Deck
· Hull color is white
· Bottom and keel stripped and barrier coated
· 25 lb. Bruce anchor with 20' chain and 200' rode
· Bow pulpit with rails
· Side stanchions with lifelines
· Transom boarding ladder
· Navigation lights
· Hot and cold cockpit shower
· Fenders and docklines
· Screens for hatches and companionway
· Cockpit Cushions, Like New
· Weems and Plath Ships Clock and Barometer
· Pedestal Mounted Teak Cockpit Table
· New Port Lights
· Life Sling
· Fire extinguishers
· New Flares
· Radar Reflector
· Fenders and Docklines
· Life Jackets
· Wind Scoop
· Screens for Hatches and Companionway
· Boat hook
· Manuals and full instrument documentation
· Steel Cradle
"Iteration" has lived a pampered life enjoying fresh water and indoor storage since new. It is time for the 80+ year old owners to move on. She has been cruised about Lake Ontario and has also been known to show up for an occasional beer can race. In 2007 the Sabre Rendezvous was here in Rochester, NY… by the end of the weekend "Iteration" was the 2007 Sabre World Cup Champion!
All Sabres start their life a leg up on other boats. "Iteration" is an exceptionally well cared for vessel that will not disappoint her new owners.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from RCR Yachts
Rochester, NY, United States
Rochester, NY, United States
36 Flybridge Sedan
Rochester, NY, United States