- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 170,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 185,436)
- Sale Pending
1st in ÅF Offshore race SRS, 2016
4th ÅF Offshore Race - round Gotland 2015
This 1989 Rob Humphreys 81ft Kevlar/Carbon/Epoxy fractional sloop Maxi Racer benefits from a full refit in 2011 and new Cummins 4BT 150hp engine in 2014. She offers an ideal corporate platform or classic maxi potential.
Originally built by Paragon Composite as “Rothmans” for the 1989/90 Whitbread Round the World Race (the forerunner of the Volvo Ocean Race) where she finished fourth.
She is in original and fantastic condition and has been continuously maintained. Apart from some new electronics and sails, she is in her original racing trim down below. She benefits from being recently fully faired and painted including hull and topsides, new sails, continuous upgrading of the navigation instruments over the past 4 years and much more...
Adrian Nicolle has been a Professional Yacht Broker for many years, Adrian Nicolle founded Nicolle Associates in 2001. His background is from a customer focused and service led industry and has a broad range of management skills having grown companies from start up to London stock exchange listed businesses with over 200 employees. An experienced sailor (200gt Commercially endorsed Master of Yachts) having extensively raced sailing yachts internationally and cruised motor yachts in many areas including the canal system through the length of France, he has served on the executive board of the Royal Southern Yacht Club as Chairman of Sailing and at Cowes Week as Chief Race Officer. While handling most types of yacht sales, Adrian specializes in large sail and motor yachts; he has the marketing and conveyance knowledge, experience, expertise and integrity to represent your needs before, during and long after your purchase.
Contact Adrian Nicolle by email using the link below, or at DDI +44 (0)23 8115 7013, M +44 (0)77 6883 4664 for more details.
Please contact Adrian Nicolle at +44 (0)23 8115 7013
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Adrian Thompson
Designer: Rob Humphrey
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 81 ft 0 in
Beam: 29 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 13 ft 0 in
Displacement: 30500 kgs Dry Load
Bridge Clearance: 112 ft 0 in
Total Power: 150 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 2014
Engine Model: 4 BT
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 150 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (600 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (400 Liters)
Number of single berths: 24
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Shore power inlet
The accommodation is built as an open area. The forward section of the cabin is fitted for sail stowage with head and shower compartment. Astern of mast is a tools/stowage area for deck gear and spare parts.
There are a total of 20 adjustable pipe berths including four removable pipe berths in fore peak. Amidships is the main hatch, galley and the navigation station aft of it.
Galley with 3 burner stove and oven, two sinks and a fridge
Eberspächer diesel heater system (2009)
Pressure water system to galley and head.
Water heater which runs through the engine and 220V shore power.
All B&G updated and restored 2016
- Full Brookes & Gatehouse Hercules 2000 Race equipment (Log, wind instrument, depth sounder).
- B&G Halcyon 2000 fluxgate compass
- B&G 20/20 jumbo display x4
- B&G 2000 FFD readouts on deck x2 and readouts in navigation station x2
- GPS Furuno GP-320B (2009)
- Radar Furuno DRS4D 32nm (2009)
- Multi Functional Display Furuno MFD 8 4”. Seachart program and radar display with AIS (2009)
- True Headings AIS CTRX CARBON (2016)
- Shipmate RS 8300 SOS VHF with two handsets
- Electronic barograph
- Rigel Posseidon steering compass x2
- Standard computer system with Windows 7 (2016)
- MaxSea electronic chart display software Time Zero with tidal/currents and weather routing modules and AIS. Updated 2011. Incl. charts: Sweden-England-Med-West Indies-USA.
- 19” TFT- flat 12V screen in navigation station (2015)
- Panasonic C5303N, CD stereo with double amplifier and speakers in saloon (2009)
- Seagran 818CS long wave and FM radio with recorder.
- Handheld VHF
- Max-prop 3-blade folding propeller
- 24V House System. Battery 650 Ah (2009)
- 12V Starting system. Battery 150 Ah
- Mastervolt Mass Combi charger and transformer 24/2500-60
- Watermaker HRO-Systems Seafari Escape (2011) (Service before use)
- Voltron Energy Shore Transformer 3600 (2011)
- 240V Shore Power (2011)
- Four spreader with jumper fractional aluminium rig
- Discontinuous Rod stainless steel standing rigging by Navtec
- Aluminium boom
- Navtec hydraulic boomvang
- Navtec hydraulic out-haul.
- Hydraulic jack for stepping mast
- 2 sets running back stays, double check stays and masthead back stay, all made of Kevlar
- Titan headboard car with mechanical steps for main top and 3 reefs
- Removable inner fore stay with Navtec hydraulic adjuster
- 1 Carbon spinnaker pole with Sparcraft fittings
- 1 Aluminium spinnaker pole with Sparcraft fittings
- 1 Aluminium Jockey pole.
- All halyards in Spectra
- A lot of different sheets
- North Kevlar Main 2011
- North Kevlar heavy No3 2011
- Quantum Carbon heavy No3 2010
- North Kevlar light No1 2011
- Doyle Kevlar light No1 1999
- Doyle Kevlar heavy No1 2000
- Halsey Spectra stormjib 1993
- North Dacron trySail 1989
- Doyle Kevlar spinnaker staysail 1999
- North S3 sym spinnaker 2011
- North S1 sym spinnaker 2011
- North A5 asym spinnaker 2011
- Halsey 0.5 spinnaker 1995
- Halsey 1.5 spinnaker 1995
- Halsey 2.8 spinnaker 1989
A number of sails in variable condition
All winches/grinders by Lewmar
- 3 belt driven aluminium double grinders
- 1 Main 900/3 ASTOR – Custom (Linkable to grinders)
- 2 Primaries 1100/4 AOR –Custom (Linkable to grinders)
- 2 Secondary 900/3 ASTOR –Custom (Linkable to grinders)
- 2 Halyards 650/3 ASTOR –Custom
- 2 Halyards 650/2 ASTOR –Custom (Low base)
- 1 Reef 650/2 ASTOR
- 2 Mainsheet car 550/3 ASTOR
- 2 Runners 700/3 ASTOR
- 2 Checkstay 430/2 ASTOR
All grinders are cross linked and can be directed to one or all of the Linkable winches.
- All cars, stoppers, blocks, footblocks from Fredrikssen
- Pushpit, pad eyes, fittings made of Titan
- 20x Life Jackets Baltic Inflatable + safety harnesses
- 3x 8 persons ML lifeguard life-rafts Inspected 2011
- IOR set of Distress flares
- 8 personnel AIS Beacon. 2011.
- 17 Henri Lloyd Offshore foul weather gear. (with logos) (old)
- Fire extinguisher system: to classification standard.
- 2 Gusher manual bilge pump
- 1 Johnson electric bilge pump
- Two anchors
Deck & Hull: (all specifications kept to original)
- Hull and deck made of carbon and Kevlar fibers vacuum bagged epoxy plastic with PVC core.
- Bulkheads in carbon/epoxy
- False stem/ crash zone and watertight bulkhead in bow
- Bulb and keel blade made of lead with frames of epoxy coated steel
Steering and rudder system
- Double titan steering wheels with independent twin wire system
- Rudder integrated to rudder stock all made of carbon/epoxy
- Emergency tiller
- Hull painted white 2011
- Bottom painted with multi year anti fouling in 2011
- Deck painted in Awlgrip offwhite 2011
- Interior painted in Awlgrip off-white 2011
- A lot of spare equipment and sails
- Nearly complete set of original drawings available. CAD-drawings on interior and profile available
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- This vessel is tax not paid.
- As always photographs do not do justice viewing is highly recommended.
- This boat is lying in Sweden.
- © 2014-16 Nicolle Associates
Other Boats from Nicolle Associates
Hamble, United Kingdom